#40: He simply makes me smile when I see him.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• He looks great, he looks happy and healhty...me likey, me happy!
    • He makes me go broke with a smile on my face!
    • He is excessively, endlessly, adorably CUTE!!!!!!!!
    • God the voice is gorgeous. I'll never take it for granted.
    • Break open those piggy banks! Remember - if you choose to rob a bank, just don't wear a Clay Aiken t-shirt!
    • Clay Aiken Makes His Triumphant Return!
    • Clay has some serious mojo!!!
    • He sings. He dances. He talks. He wears PANTS! verra, verra niiiicely. The rest is just noise!
    • Someone take the measure of that man!
    • Who CARES? He's hot!!!
    • But in the final analysis - he could be bald and I would still love him.
    • Is there ever enough Clay?
    • He's Clay, you know. The hotness intensifies as time goes by.

He Blogged!!

*peeks in quickly between homework assignments, sees these ^^^ words and practically breaks fingers in rush to get to OFC*

ETA: He is so CUTE! :Iluvclaysbutt: Back to homework... :whee:

here is streaming video from a local station

Wow, why did CNN leave people on the island? One of the reporters said they did not want to be there, but it was too late to not.

I saw the meteorologist in the studio saying that he didn't want the reporters to be there, but he was overruled. Was that what you saw? The reporter was just on, and again reiterated that they were staying in a very safe hotel. He didn't sound worried. I wouldn't want to be there, but those guys seems to get a big kick out of reporting during the hurricianes. He did say that it was getting dark and they were going to a safer location from which to report.

I saw a reporter who said he really did not want to be there, but was assured they were safe.

a big chunk of the facade of the "safe" hotel fell off exposing pipes and wires. The hurricane is not there yet. I hope they are safe.

Kandre you should be here!! My DD says you and her could have got drunk together! (Hee she know you already and she has never met you) She just saw on the news that her school has started to flood and her classroom is a portable building that is nearest the water.

THe sky is starting to take on all sorts of funny colours! I want to go home!! Oh wait I am home.

Did you see that there is a predictor of wind speeds on the website for that local Houston station where I posted the link. you put in your zip code and it tells you what to expect tonight, most of Houston it was like 85, unless you are on the east side.

Power outages are going to be wide spread, they are just asking you to get in touch with the people you have to be in touch with now.

Good luck

here is streaming video from a local station

Wow, why did CNN leave people on the island? One of the reporters said they did not want to be there, but it was too late to not.

I saw the meteorologist in the studio saying that he didn't want the reporters to be there, but he was overruled. Was that what you saw? The reporter was just on, and again reiterated that they were staying in a very safe hotel. He didn't sound worried. I wouldn't want to be there, but those guys seems to get a big kick out of reporting during the hurricianes. He did say that it was getting dark and they were going to a safer location from which to report.

I saw a reporter who said he really did not want to be there, but was assured they were safe.

a big chunk of the facade of the "safe" hotel fell off exposing pipes and wires. The hurricane is not there yet. I hope they are safe.

I saw your guy!! Finally!! He was with my guy, and he did NOT look happy to be there.

Oh, I hope everyone's property as well as life and limb stay safe!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone wrote one entirely in French? That must have thrown him for a loop! :cryingwlaughter:

And I just KNEW he would love irreverent and silly bios! JUst like I knew he would fit perfectly into Spamalot. That is just sooo Clay!

Damn I wish I could think of something clever and original and funny and silly and completely irreverent!

:nanadance3:TGIF!!!! :nanadance3:

Stay safe all you Texans!

:whereareu: Calling Play! :whereareu:

At one time, didn't you put together a list of all the money raised in Clay's name?

The weather channel guy is in Clear Lake TX and he is being blown all over the place and Ike hasn't made landfall yet!

I cannot believe some people around Galveston actually didn't leave!

And I worry about the pets and other animals.

Sometimes Mother Nature is really a bitch!

You Texas ladies, when you can, please let us know you are ok!

I did that last year. for the year. But it was not nearly complete.

CG, I was just goodsearching for some ofthe residents. Some of them are so screwed now - they are staying in onestory houses saying god will protect them or the couple that said it was too dangertous leaving with the last storm so they were going to stay in a 2 story apartment - they expect the water to be 2 stories.

of course, there is on nurse who is supposed to be staying in her apartment on a high floor, of a suppsoedly safe building, We will see. The downtown is flooded now and that isthe buildings that survived 1900. It may be that they survived because there was not a seawall. It is sort of confusing.

Seems like people are losing power, hope all are well.

Thanks anyway, Play. I was looking for a general amount so as not to overstate something, but I changed the wording to be even more general & I think it'll work.

Heading to bed soon. Still sending out {{{safe vibes}}} and prayers for those in Ike's path. Animals too! Hope to hear that all of our Texas peeps are safe & sound in the morning. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Thanks anyway, Play. I was looking for a general amount so as not to overstate something, but I changed the wording to be even more general & I think it'll work.

Heading to bed soon. Still sending out {{{safe vibes}}} and prayers for those in Ike's path. Animals too! Hope to hear that all of our Texas peeps are safe & sound in the morning. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I know the amount was posted somewhere but I can't find it. I do know it was over a million for 2007.

Hope that everyone is safe tomorrow morning. If one or more of you Texans is without telephone and electricity tomorrow morning could you cell phone a friend on the board who does have electricity so she can let us all know that you are safe?

I just got off the phone with Scarlett. While we were talking her power went out. She's doing well - has plenty of supplies, candles, etc. She promised to call me in the morning to let me know she came through the night okay.

This storm is unbelievable.

I hope everyone is safe. Don't take any chances, please.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Extreme Home Makeover has been building a house here locally, so the ABC affiliate has been covering the project extensively. The contrast between this symbol of hope and the potential devastation of the hurricane is very striking.

:hugs-1: to the Texas peeps. Praying that all will be well for you and yours.

Still sending good thoughts for those in Ike's path.

I hope power, phone and cable are restored soon for those who lost these utilities.

I went to Costco yesterday to grocery shop and saw about 100 cars waiting all around the lot in line for gas. It scared me because I hadn't thought of it. Although we drive our Prius most of the time I went out and filled up the SUV. Now I'm hearing about a gas shortage. So obviously the effect of Ike will be felt nationwide.

Clay content; Thanks for the hints Clay. Now I'll have to rewrite the bio since I didn't send it in yet.

Good Morning Everyone,

6 days until "Spam, Wonderful, Spam! :woohoo:

14 Days until Clay is Partying with Paula!

:woohoo:

35 Days until The BAF Gala!

41 Days until Clay is Roasting Matt Lauer!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I know the amount was posted somewhere but I can't find it. I do know it was over a million for 2007.

Thanks, Lotus!

Well, it's finally raining here - some people I know have lost power - I ain't one of 'em. Just mostly bored.

KAndre is in bitchy mood (well, bitchier than normal). Her cable went out about 45 minutes ago so she's now without internet.

So bitchy is normal, right? :lol: Glad to hear KAndre is fine! Thanks, PerusingOne.

I just got off the phone with Scarlett. While we were talking her power went out. She's doing well - has plenty of supplies, candles, etc. She promised to call me in the morning to let me know she came through the night okay.

Thanks for the update on Scarlett. Glad she's doing OK.

Just talked to DS. They are fine - no power, a few leaks, but he just sounded bored with it all!

I'm still glad I called!

Glad your family is fine, too.

Hope everyone else is safe and that we hear something from them *soon*. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Extreme Home Makeover has been building a house here locally, so the ABC affiliate has been covering the project extensively. The contrast between this symbol of hope and the potential devastation of the hurricane is very striking.

We had them down the street from my office, building a home back in July. It's quite a production! And you're absolutely right - the contrast is very striking.

I went to Costco yesterday to grocery shop and saw about 100 cars waiting all around the lot in line for gas. It scared me because I hadn't thought of it. Although we drive our Prius most of the time I went out and filled up the SUV. Now I'm hearing about a gas shortage. So obviously the effect of Ike will be felt nationwide.

Yeah. The United Dairy Farmers store down the street from work was at $3.49 Thurs. night and you couldn't get anywhere near a pump - it was crazy! Kroger's right down the street had already raised regular to $3.79 and didn't have a car in sight. Of course I was running on fumes, so $3.69 with my Kroger's card it was for me.

Clay content; Thanks for the hints Clay. Now I'll have to rewrite the bio since I didn't send it in yet.

17.gifkiller_rabbit.gif

ETA: Some clarification from OFC mod butterflyshine on the Spam bio entry process:

And yes, the word count [approx. 150] includes Clay's list of characters...

You may use your regular email, please place your screen name in the re line and the bio in the body of the email AND as an attachment....

Thanks for asking...

This post may travel....

Good Morning Everyone,

6 days until "Spam, Wonderful, Spam! :woohoo:

14 Days until Clay is Partying with Paula!

35 Days until The BAF Gala!

41 Days until Clay is Roasting Matt Lauer!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Yay! Thanks, aikim! It's so good to see stuff on the countdown again. :)

Do alligators drown?

:huh:

Well, here's something from The Gator Hole website:

Alligators have a specialized valve in their throat called a glottis that enables the gator to capture its prey underwater. However, in order to swallow its food and thus keep itself from drowning, an alligator must lift its head out of the water.

Good morning. Hope all our Texans made it through the night without mishap. I just talked to Scarlett and told her about the power situation. Per MSNBC it could be up to 2 weeks before power is restored to everyone in the Houston area. I suggested she find some place to go under the circumstances. She will try to check in with me later. They're now saying there are over 3 million people without power. And it's going to be hot!

Hope some more people check in so we know they're okay.