#40: He simply makes me smile when I see him.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• He looks great, he looks happy and healhty...me likey, me happy!
    • He makes me go broke with a smile on my face!
    • He is excessively, endlessly, adorably CUTE!!!!!!!!
    • God the voice is gorgeous. I'll never take it for granted.
    • Break open those piggy banks! Remember - if you choose to rob a bank, just don't wear a Clay Aiken t-shirt!
    • Clay Aiken Makes His Triumphant Return!
    • Clay has some serious mojo!!!
    • He sings. He dances. He talks. He wears PANTS! verra, verra niiiicely. The rest is just noise!
    • Someone take the measure of that man!
    • Who CARES? He's hot!!!
    • But in the final analysis - he could be bald and I would still love him.
    • Is there ever enough Clay?
    • He's Clay, you know. The hotness intensifies as time goes by.

Heee, Muski, you haven't lost your touch! :naughtywag:

Gibby.... muski.... I'll second that! I miss your sexy writing!

For a little diversion away from Ike...

The Broads have the championship round up! BOTW from AI2 versus Solitaire from AI3. My vote is registered!

I'm glad to hear from some in the path of Ike. I hope the rest check in soon!

ldyj... dang it. The one I vote for always seems to lose! I LOVED Solitaire from AI3. He was large and in charge! Sure BOTW is impressive, but AI3 is the triumphant return of Clay to show those AI3 peeps how to do it. Man, his voice blew me away! Oh, well... I just realized that I'll be coming in second and that's not so bad... right? :cryingwlaughter:

Excuuuuuuuuuse me, but I neeeeeeeed me some cable.

And of my group of family and friends, the only one with power and water...but no damn cable. I expect others to come wandering by later.

It really wasn't that bad for me and the cats.

KAndre... glad you're ok. Is your work ok, too? In disasters, not having a paycheck can be a bitch!

I can't wait to read the winning entry for the Clay bio. I hope he actually posts the top few. It was a good idea. Got the fanbase involved with him again in a good way! The man is so smart.

Stay safe, Texans... please!

For a little diversion away from Ike...

The Broads have the championship round up! BOTW from AI2 versus Solitaire from AI3. My vote is registered!

Hard choice, indeed. I still LOVE BOTW, and thought that he did a fantastic job, so I voted for it. Could have as easily voted for Solitaire, though.

Just for fun, this recipe of mine has been on line at a friend's site since I wrote it shortly after the storms of 2004.

BWAH!! Great recipe.

I hate to say it, but we have absolutely lovely weather right now. It's sunny, and the high is 76 today. The next several days will be just like today. Autumn in Colorado is usually gorgeous weather. And we're so far inland that we don't get hurricanes. What we do get, though, is huge blizzards. Not every winter, but people who live here any length of time can remember several specific horrible storms.

I'm glad that we're hearing from people in Texas! Hopefully we will hear from a few more soon.

Is anyone here submitting a bio for the playbill? :)

Whoa!

Somebody doesn't like Tom Hanks??!!

Is that even legal in America???

:huh:

bwah

So I got the first 100 orders of pins in the mail at the post office. After they tell me how much 1 pin, 2 pins, 3 pins etc are I do stamp everything myself...but the clerk wasn't thrilled when after they had locked the doors and thery were finishing up their final person I walk up to the counter with my 13 international packages heee. SOWWWY. First time I ever sent something to South Korea. Hope it gets there safely!

Kimiye I want to try that..sounds delicious - minus the freezer burn of course :cryingwlaughter: .

*happy dance of joy*

I'M GOING TO SPAMALOT!!!!

I picked up some very, very nice tickets to the show on December 29, and my husband is going with me. Now, I need to track down hotel information and such, plus plane tickets.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Has ANYONE heard from keepingfaith or desertrose?

I got a voicemail from Scarlett this afternoon (I was at work - ) and she had decided to stay where she is. Says she has plenty of food, can recharge her cell batteries in her car, etc. I'm not sure when the call was but she said the wind and rain had died down somewhat.

Congratulations ldyjocelyn!! You'll be there for all the Christmas decorations. :00000442:

It's amazing how many times we can see the same show, but I guess it could be considered an improvisational show. I do feel for those fans who can't make even one show. But I do think that there will be even more down the road that everyone will be able to see. With the birth of Parker and all the responsibilities involved with a child, I'm hoping that the music industry will see and treat Clay as the adult he is.

Yay ldyj! :confetti2:

Hopefully keepingfaith and desertrose are just without internet access.

Congratulations ldyjocelyn!! You'll be there for all the Christmas decorations.

With the birth of Parker and all the responsibilities involved with a child, I'm hoping that the music industry will see and treat Clay as the adult he is.

Yay ldyj! I'm not jealous. No really. I'm not. Not a bit.

:hysterical:

And, Fear! I loved your last line there!

Seriously. He was never the bumpkin they thought he was, but he was young. He's a grown man, now. Time to give him some adult respect!

Last night I dreamed I went back to SPAM - and GOT LOST! It was 7:45 and I wasn't going to make curtain!!! Ack!

With the birth of Parker and all the responsibilities involved with a child, I'm hoping that the music industry will see and treat Clay as the adult he is.

Would be nice but I wouldn't count on it - especially considering the out-of-the-ordinary circumstances of Parker's conception and birth.

Besides, I don't think the music industry not respecting him has anything to do with his maturity or lack thereof! If only it were that simple....

Clay is still the uncool guy off AI when it was still considered cheesy. He still sings uncool songs. He still lives an uncool lifestyle. And maybe the worse offense of all, he still doesn't write his own songs! **Gasp**

So unless the music industry has an epiphany as to what really matters, which somehow I doubt, I don't think Parker's birth will have any affect on how they treat him.

But as long as he keeps doing what he wants to do and keeping us entertained, does it really matter?

Not to me! Especially if he stays this CUTE!

IMG_0646copy_2.jpg

So I was in the grocery store today when suddenly I started hearing someone singing about spinning balls! Hee! Its always kind of surreal when you start hearing Clay sing when you least expect it!

Well maybe not least expect it. The place I would least expect to hear Clay would be the radio! <_<

CG I love that picture.

It reminds me that he was so happy and confident and ripe with secondary pregnancy and we didn't even know.

I love a man with secrets.

Cotton, just follow the bread crumbs to the theatre and you'll find your way.

Claygasm said:

Would be nice but I wouldn't count on it - especially considering the out-of-the-ordinary circumstances of Parker's conception and birth.

For all I know someone here (FCA) could have had "an unusual" birth. Doesn't mean I would not respect them. Respect comes as a result of working hard in your field, being talented in your field and willingness to experiment. If cool was all that counted I could think of quite a few entertainers that would be unemployed now. Unfortunately the internet has colored our impressions of what "talent" is. If it's all about conforming or being scandalous, thank goodness Clay is not cool.

We don't know the circumstances of Parker's birth, so to call it unusual is just your opinion. Clay has and I presume will continue to hold all personal information "close to the vest". Therefore I don't anticipate his discussing this with fans or the media. JMO For myself, I am "over the moon" happy that Clay and Jaymes have Parker in their lives.

FearofH2O...........KUDOS...RIGHT ON !!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been watching the storm's progress on CNN and reading all the posts on this board. I hope everyone is safe . We very seldom get storms like this in our province and I can't imagine being slammed by one after another. Take care.

Sometimes I think CNN thinks it's putting on a production , of sorts. Why are those nuts standing out in that horrific wind or waste deep in water????? Clear, concise reporting is not enough, obviously, so let's put the reporter's life at risk. I don't get it. I don't think they should fool with Mother Nature, she's very unpredictable.

Good Morning Everyone,

5 Days until "Spam, Wonderful, Spam"

:woohoo:

13 Days until Clay is Partying with Paula!

34 Days until The BAF Gala! :woohoo:

40 Days until Clay is Roasting Matt Lauer!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Good morning. Wow - I went to bed at 08:30 last night and just died. I was sooooo tired. Big plant sale at the nursery. On my feet for 7 straight hours.

I did hear from Scarlett again last night. She sounds a little more 'relaxed' than in previous conversations. I still don't know how someone is going to stay some place without power for several weeks or more. Hoping that was just an exageration and that power can be restored to the Houston area - and elsewhere - alot quicker!

Ummmm - have to agree with CG. I don't think having Parker - whatever the circumstances were/are - will make any difference in Clay's acceptance in the industry. Don't believe the two are even remotely connected as to me it's never been about Clay's maturity! Somewhere along the line the media decided to make him a whipping boy for sensationalistic reporting. Radio decided early on they didn't like his music and wouldn't play it. I think doing gigs like Spamalot are what's going to get him the credit he deserves for his talent - not little Parker. Clay made a decision or a set of decisions to sing the songs he wants to sing and live his life the way he wants to live it (not play "the game") and it seems - again to me - that's what has caused his lack of so-called acceptance or acknowledgement among the critics and industry . He isn't cool - but then, he doesn't try to be! Just my opinion, however!

Just found out the Cubs/Houston series has been moved to Milwaukee! They will play tonight at 7:00 and 1:00 tomorrow. A little unfair to Houston, since Cubs will still probably have home field advantage...the stadium in Milwaukee is always referred to as "Wrigley Field North"; and I doubt there will be many Houston fans there. I hope there wasn't too much damage to Minute Maid Park in Houston and they will be able to play on their own field soon!

Kim

Kim - I could really have heard wrong but I don't think the Houston stadium has any power! And the street lights were still out as of last night, etc. Hotels don't have power, restaurants, and all that. Unless somehow miraculously they've cleared the damage and restored everything.

Kim - I could really have heard wrong but I don't think the Houston stadium has any power! And the street lights were still out as of last night, etc. Hotels don't have power, restaurants, and all that. Unless somehow miraculously they've cleared the damage and restored everything.

Oh, I figured that and didn't really expect the Cubs to make it down to Houston for the games; there was talk about them playing today down there, but I didn't expect that to happen. I don't know how many more home games Houston has, but I feel bad for them not being able to play in their own park.

Kim

I haven't watched CNN this morning yet for the latest on the Ike damage but it looks like it will be more than just a few days until power is back on.

In the past I have had sympathy for people affected by such natural disasters but it does feel very different now that I have a personal connection to people who live in and around Houston. Thank heavens my daughter is safe tho' definitely not comfortable with no power and no AC.

Less than 6 days until we are hearing from those who will have the pleasure of seeing Clay back in Spamalot. :coolchicken:

can someone tell me why :party20: these dancers look so pissed off?

can someone tell me why :party20: these dancers look so pissed off?

Maybe because they've been in Raleigh for the past few months and are out of shape? :whistling-1:

Hugs to everyone who has endured and survived the storm. We're about to get the tail end of it later today here in S. Ontario.