#40: He simply makes me smile when I see him.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• He looks great, he looks happy and healhty...me likey, me happy!
    • He makes me go broke with a smile on my face!
    • He is excessively, endlessly, adorably CUTE!!!!!!!!
    • God the voice is gorgeous. I'll never take it for granted.
    • Break open those piggy banks! Remember - if you choose to rob a bank, just don't wear a Clay Aiken t-shirt!
    • Clay Aiken Makes His Triumphant Return!
    • Clay has some serious mojo!!!
    • He sings. He dances. He talks. He wears PANTS! verra, verra niiiicely. The rest is just noise!
    • Someone take the measure of that man!
    • Who CARES? He's hot!!!
    • But in the final analysis - he could be bald and I would still love him.
    • Is there ever enough Clay?
    • He's Clay, you know. The hotness intensifies as time goes by.

luckiest... I was afraid of that. I don't have time to do that before I leave on Wed. The one I really want is Sterling Heights' Listen. Do you have that in MP4 and are you willing to share??? I'll do more after I get back. (no laptop)

I will have a look tonight at what I have converted and see if I can put some up somewhere to share with you. If you have CH/CV vault access, I know a lot of things have already been converted. Not sure if they are also at ClackUnlimited but they may be!

ETA for instance, here is a page of converted files from last year's gala:

http://www.clackunlimited.com/clack/Specia...od_conversions/

{{{annabear}}}, we had wind gusts up to 69 km/h and it was pretty crazy, but no downed trees or power lines or anything here. Business as usual today.

Help!!! I got a 160G Classic iPod and have no idea what I'm doing. I want to put some Clay videos on it. Is MP4 the only way to do that? I have lots of .wmv files. Is there any way to load them or do they have to be converted to something else?

And, the first time I synced, I got Fifth Grader just fine (bought from itunes) but my music didn't load. So, I tried again and got the music, but Fifth Grader vanished. What the hey am I doing wrong. I leave for vacation on Wednesday and want my Clay!!!

liney, most of the vaults have mp4s. I just looked at Clack Unlimited, and mp4 is sometimes one of the options for the type of file to download. If you're a member at Clayversity, the vault there has a separate category for mp4s.

ETA: Heeee, lucky and are on the same wavelength.

annabear, it's good to hear from you! *HUGS*

I didn't even realize you were that close to the Hurricane. Nice to know you are well. I feel the need for a geographical locator now.

This was one heck of a storm to stay a hurricane so far inland and to carry so much rain with it so far.

I think there will be continuing repercussions for a while. I keep thinking how lucky we were that it did not reach it's predicted strength. Well us and the storm at the beach.

Oh, how nice, W says that ajustments in the market can be painful, not that he would know because the bBin Ladens always bailed him and his family out. Sheesh.

Bringing this over from CV

(EmeraldEyes @ Sep 15 2008, 09:14 AM) *

Here is a partial clip Spamalot's "Brightside of Life" performed at Broadway on Broadway yesterday: Spamalot Sings on broadway

One of the things that makes me angry about the hurricane is that gas companies are using it, as they do with all such disasters, as a way to gouge the public and make even greater profits.

I wouldn't mind so much if they then used those profits to help out the victims of the storms.

Good morning. Oh Lotus - thanks for bringing that clip over. I wondered how Drew Lachey was doing as Patsy. Eh! But the little article under the video caught my eye:

John Cleese is working on a musical of A Fish Called Wanda,
Hmmmm....wonder if there's a part in there for Clay! Don't know if Clay would be interested in another Broadway play but I would sure love to see him win a Tony for an original part!

James Taylor is on GMA this morning and I swear his voice hasn't lost a titch since he first started. So pleasant. Like an old friend!

Basements - my grandparents lived in old Sacramento and their basement was on ground level because the rivers used to flood regularly until the dam system was built in the Central Valley. Their living quarters were on the second floor of the house. The problem was resolved way before I was born but I have to tell you that basement was skeeeery. It always smelled damp and musty and there were creepy crawly things down there. But I'm with everybody else - I wouldn't go in that water until the electricity was turned off. What about storm cellars? Don't they have them in the midwest, etc. for tornado protection? Are they the same as basements?

Clay content - none, so I"ll just post a pretty picture:

Mar15nshamrock1.jpg

:013085001176249046:

One of the things that makes me angry about the hurricane is that gas companies are using it, as they do with all such disasters, as a way to gouge the public and make even greater profits.

I wouldn't mind so much if they then used those profits to help out the victims of the storms.

Amen. It's a real mess here & I'm so very glad I thought to get gas while I was out yesterday. Most stations around here are still without power and those that do have power are running out of gas, which they've raised to over $4.15/gallon.

Duke & Cincinnati Bell are saying it could be anywhere from 3-7 days for us to get residential power & phone service back. Our office here is surrounded by upper-middle class neighborhoods. Looking out the windows this morning, it looks like about 3/4 of the houses suffered some sort of roof and/or siding damage. People who live in outlying areas and are slowly trickling in to work are amazed that our building has power, as they aren't seeing much on the way in.

Glad to hear you're OK, 00lsee. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I have been monitoring gas prices through this site and see that the lowest price has gone up 20 cents a gallon since yesterday, but the highest price has gone up 10 cents a gallon.

Here is the thing, more than a dozen years ago, I wrote off my car expenses for business ahem and tracked my gas and my mileage, which meant that I was looking for the perfect mileage/gas station combo (I settled on a local Hess station, best mpg and decent price). One day I am in a hurry, I pull into the station on my way to the parkway and they have the cheapest gas. I have a 1/4 tank of gas and ask them to fill it up (the only way you can calculate MPG). They fill my car with more gallons than the tank holds 10.5 and they claimed 12 gals. But... but... but I drove in with a 1/4 tank. I complained and three really bigs guys came forward and told me I was not going to leave unless i paid them for the gas - I paidthem alright and paid them back good. Telling everyone in the neighborhood was not good enough, I wrote and called the weights and measure department until they investigated and found the gauge was off by 20%, not an accident. They were fined, had to give away gas for a period of time and had to sell the station. I hate bullies. The moral of the story - if you buy cheap gas, make sure you are getting your moneys worth. Do an MPG check for a few trips.

In the midst of this mess, I just received a very welcome phone call - I got my condo! :whoo:

Good morning. Oh Lotus - thanks for bringing that clip over. I wondered how Drew Lachey was doing as Patsy. Eh! But the little article under the video caught my eye:
Hmmmm....wonder if there's a part in there for Clay! Don't know if Clay would be interested in another Broadway play but I would sure love to see him win a Tony for an original part!

Wow, A Fish Called Wanda as a musical? Hee! As one of my favourite movies, I can hardly imagine it...but leave it to John Cleese, if anyone is capable of making it funny, he is. Not so sure about the musical part, though. Hard to imagine anyone else playing his role. I always got a goofy grin when I heard him as the voice of God in Spamalot. I :wub: him........and that cute Sir Robin guy, too. EEEEEEEEE, only 4 more days until fresh Spam reports!

Congrats, annabear!

off to the airport in a couple of hours to collect our Irish cousin. She finally made it out of Houston. Surprisingly, the flight is on time!! I was imagining a big mess over there.

Love all the Clay news and stuff this past week, but MOST OF ALL...

I LOVE THAT SPAMALOT IS LESS THAN FOUR DAYS AWAY!!

BORROWING THIS.....

:04: :04: :04: ANNABEAR!!!

:hugs-1: to all dealing with flooding and mess from IKE!!

Wow, A Fish Called Wanda as a musical? Hee! As one of my favourite movies, I can hardly imagine it...but leave it to John Cleese, if anyone is capable of making it funny, he is. Not so sure about the musical part, though. Hard to imagine anyone else playing his role. I always got a goofy grin when I heard him as the voice of God in Spamalot. I :wub: him........and that cute Sir Robin guy, too. EEEEEEEEE, only 4 more days until fresh Spam reports!

Congrats, annabear!

I loved that movie and it was around 1990 while visiting my parents that I rented the video so they could see and enjoy it. I had forgotten how many effing this and effing thats there were and there was no laughter coming from parents. They did watch it until the end tho' and then my mother turned to me with a quizzical expression and asked "What made you think we'd like it, dear?"

If Clay did have a part it would probably be that of Wanda's owner.

luckiest... I was afraid of that. I don't have time to do that before I leave on Wed. The one I really want is Sterling Heights' Listen. Do you have that in MP4 and are you willing to share??? I'll do more after I get back. (no laptop)

I will have a look tonight at what I have converted and see if I can put some up somewhere to share with you. If you have CH/CV vault access, I know a lot of things have already been converted. Not sure if they are also at ClackUnlimited but they may be!

ETA for instance, here is a page of converted files from last year's gala:

http://www.clackunlimited.com/clack/Specia...od_conversions/

{{{annabear}}}, we had wind gusts up to 69 km/h and it was pretty crazy, but no downed trees or power lines or anything here. Business as usual today.

Thanks, luckiest... I'll download the Gala stuff when I get home tonight. I found mp4's for Pala, so got that. I really hope you have an mp4 of the Sterling Heights' Listen. I could go happy with that and Pala and the Gala (hey, they rhyme) and his music, of course. I do not have access to the CV/CH vaults. Just Clack Unlimited.

annabear... CONGRATS!!! on getting your condo!!

Hi all,

Finished up the last of the wedding gifts today; so I think I am ready for Saturday...maybe...might have to check my list again to be sure.

Congrats on the Condo Annabear!

Glad to see everyone checking in; hope power is restored soon to those without.

Off to dig something up for dinner.

Kim

Just saying hello from Georgia! Just got back from a trip to NYC-talk about bad timing! Going the week BEFORE Clay! The Shubert Alley just didn't look the same without the "Clay Aiken" sign! Can't wait for reports from THIS WEEKEND! Wish I could be there BUT I WILL be there in December. Went to see "Young Frankenstein" and enjoyed it. Not grand theater by any means but funny and some good female singers. I watch most every play these days with an eye for a part that Clay could perform. He is so great at comedy. Wonder if we'll see a dramatic role one day?

Good luck with the iPod! My old 30 GB one is full. Whenever I add anything, I have to delete something! Talk about a "catch-22". I have to "delete" something Clay to "add" something new. VERRA VERRA hard to do!

Hope the midwest fans are doing fine after Ike roared thru. I was flying standby home and I had to spend an extra night before I could get on a flight.

AND don't forget I'm a TarHeel, too, and have a brother at the beach so if you North and South Coastal Carolinians get together, let me know!

The offline members of the eHP waves hi to everyone!

Scarlett likes to drive to Walmart to get a better signal on her T-mobile line and to recharge her cell phones. Her AT&T line has good reception at her apartment but she still goes to Walmart so that she can spend a few minutes in the comforts of the air conditioned SUV. She's the only person I know that pays for cell phone service on multiple providers.

Solo has not made it back home yet. She got word from friends who stayed behind that her family's property looks fine but they will need to clean up branches and fences. This is great news since she lives in a heavily affected coastal area.

merrieeee is doing well, all things considered. She's among the many still without power. She really misses everyone.

logging in for a second to assure my friends I am fine. No power, but no damage, either. Love y'all.

So glad to hear that you're okay! I hope your power is restored soon.

In the midst of this mess, I just received a very welcome phone call - I got my condo! :whoo:

YAAAAY!!!!! :laola0:

Thanks for the update, PerusingOne. I'm glad to hear that the eHP are managing so far! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Thanks, luckiest... I'll download the Gala stuff when I get home tonight. I found mp4's for Pala, so got that. I really hope you have an mp4 of the Sterling Heights' Listen. I could go happy with that and Pala and the Gala (hey, they rhyme) and his music, of course. I do not have access to the CV/CH vaults. Just Clack Unlimited.

Here you go, an mp4 of mine & goldarngirl's Sterling Heights Listen montage:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0jwxxa

Enjoy!

Still no word from Desertrose?

It gives me the warm fuzzies to think that maybe Clay is back with his Spamalot family today. :wub:

Woo! Hoo! Don't have to report for jury duty tomorrow!

Annabear - congrats on your condo!!! Will this be the first residence you've owned? Always exciting!

Couchieeeeeeeeeeee ----------------- I got my pins, too! They are verra verra niiiiiice! (tm Tim the Enchanter)

clay2-1.png