#40: He simply makes me smile when I see him.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• He looks great, he looks happy and healhty...me likey, me happy!
    • He makes me go broke with a smile on my face!
    • He is excessively, endlessly, adorably CUTE!!!!!!!!
    • God the voice is gorgeous. I'll never take it for granted.
    • Break open those piggy banks! Remember - if you choose to rob a bank, just don't wear a Clay Aiken t-shirt!
    • Clay Aiken Makes His Triumphant Return!
    • Clay has some serious mojo!!!
    • He sings. He dances. He talks. He wears PANTS! verra, verra niiiicely. The rest is just noise!
    • Someone take the measure of that man!
    • Who CARES? He's hot!!!
    • But in the final analysis - he could be bald and I would still love him.
    • Is there ever enough Clay?
    • He's Clay, you know. The hotness intensifies as time goes by.

Hey y'all! Just checking in quickly to let everyone know I'm on my way out of Dodge. Our county has a mandatory evacuation starting tomorrow morning but I've convinced my family we might as well leave tonight. It doesn't look like Gustav will hit us directly but better safe than sorry.
Stay safe! We're onboard and hoping to see you soon!!!

Forgot to mention, I received a note from Aron at TBAF re the Round Table at the Gala, as I'm sure did everyone else who expressed an interest. Here are the details:

Schedule for Saturday, October 18

8:00am – Doors open to Ballroom at Raleigh Marriott

9:00am – Volunteer Roundtable Commences

10:30am – Volunteer Roundtable Concludes

11:00am – Doors open to special screening of “Including Samuel” (More info below.)

12:30pm – Special Screening Concludes

Anyone interested in how to make a difference for the mission of The Bubel/Aiken Foundation on an ongoing basis through local and national projects can attend. You do not have to be a Beta Alpha member, a member of a Beta Alpha chapter, or someone who has volunteered previously. However, we will have space limited to 100 people. If you are a member of a chapter, please be courteous to others and only send 2 to 3 members from your chapter. There is no pre-registration list even if you have emailed before expressing your interest. We will open the doors early to the first 100 people. We will take notes during the meeting and make them available to those unable to attend. We will also offer you the opportunity throughout the event to pick up your gala tickets even if you are not participating in the Roundtable. Please bring a valid picture ID. We will have ticket pick-up available from 8:00am-12:00pm.

There will be coffee, water, and juice available, but please eat breakfast prior to the event. The Roundtable will include a Q&A session with Foundation representatives. If you have a question, please submit it to me at aronhall@bubelaiken.org prior to the event. Please note that only Foundation-related questions will be answered. We will also have a time for brainstorming sessions for local projects as well as our annual national fundraiser, Wrapping for Inclusion.

At 10:30am, we will clear the room to reset for our special screening of “Including Samuel.” We will then reopen the doors to allow people to see this incredible documentary film. Before his son Samuel was diagnosed with cerebral palsy, photojournalist and 2008 Champion of Change Dan Habib rarely thought about the inclusion of people with disabilities. Now he thinks about inclusion every day. Shot and produced over four years, Habib's award-winning documentary film, “Including Samuel,” honestly chronicles the Habib family's efforts to include Samuel in every facet of their lives. The film also features four other families with varied inclusion experiences, plus interviews with dozens of teachers, young people, parents and disability rights experts.

Including Samuel has been featured on NPR’s “All Things Considered,” “Good Morning American NOW” and in the “Washington Post” and the “Boston Globe.” Exceptional Parent magazine said “Including Samuel is a must see film.” The film won the Positive Images in Media award from TASH, an international group committed to the full inclusion of people with disabilities. The film was also screened at the Sprout Film Festival at the Metropolitan Museum of Art (NYC) and named “Best Documentary” at the Somewhat North of Boston Film Festival.

We are incredibly excited to offer this opportunity for volunteer training and networking and the special screening of “Including Samuel.” We wish we had the space to accommodate everyone, but the Raleigh Marriott has graciously offered this space and we are happy for any chance to help our volunteers and give them the opportunity to meet and share ideas.

We look forward to seeing you in October!

Also sending my prayers and good wishes to all who are in the path of Gustav that you remain safe.

Welcome to all the newbies...you will love it here!

Scarlett and K'andre; safe travels!

Kim

Hello, FCA! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Welcome to our new members! :hello:

Thnx to Cindilu2 and Couch Tomato, there will be many well-decorated folks at "Spamalot" this fall. I can still see traffic from the "pin blog" trickling to the FCA link, so you must be busy, CT! :lol:

Sending good vibes to everyone along the Gulf Coast. I googled "Category 4" storms. You may find the info very interesting:

Category 4 hurricanes are powerful with winds of 131 to 155 mph. Category 4 hurricanes can cause damage to all types of buildings. Tree and sign damage can also be expected. Mobile homes will be destroyed. Flooding is usually severe with a category 4 storm.

Some category 4 hurricanes were: Hurricane Felix and Hurricane Opal both in 1995 Hurricane Hugo in 1989 and Hurricane Katrina in 2005.

Safe flight to our world travelers! Take care, all! :thbighug-1:

Caro listen.gif

Everyone in the way of Gustav -- please stay safe. I want you around for a while! I hope Solo has safe travels away from the possible harm...

Welcome fresh meat faces! At this time on a Saturday night, we usually serve drinks...and a dose of this...

Clay-Aiken.jpg

...and this...

20061121-028-AMARedCarpet.jpg

and this...

245065381-L.jpg

Sweet dreams everyone!

I have just watched the news here and I am finding it so hard to believe that there's a chance Gustav will be worse than Katrina, even if everyone is prepared this time. Worse than Katrina? I don't know how many times people have to lose their home and loved-ones, on top of the terror and trauma. All those people who returned to New Orleans after Katrina, to start again - how much they must have loved New Orleans and the Gulf areas to take that risk.

With a heavy heart, my thoughts are with everyone at risk from Gustav. Also thoughts with Scarlett and KAndre for a safe trip home. No matter how wonderful an overseas trip is, nothing feels as good as the plane descending on your homeland.

hellooooooooooo FCA anybody awake? Hope you all went to bed smiling.

I went to bed smiling but am a bit grumpy this morning! Heading out to work-hospitals don't shut down on the weekend! Stay safe all!

This is one of my absolute favorite picture of Clay. Love that musician in the background! "Whenever I see your smiling face, I have to smile myself because I love you......!"

indigo14bilde.jpg

Good Morning Everyone,

Watching the Weather Channel this morning and they have downgraded the hurricane to a CAT 3; but still, stay safe to all in its path.

19 Days until "Spam, Wonderful, Spam!" :woohoo:

27 Days until Clay is Partying with Paula!

:woohoo:

48 Days until The BAF Gala!

:woohoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

20061121-028-AMARedCarpet.jpg

Sweet dreams everyone!

****Sigh****

If that doesn't give you sweet dreams, I don't know what will!!!

Keep safe all those on the Gulf coast - and remember your pets!!!!!!

Oh, my....they were very fine dreams, indeed.

Just wanted to add my concerns for everyone in the path of the hurricane. I hope all those new emergency plans were well tested and work like they are supposed to. Stay safe, guys!

FYI - I think the Olympics did help sell some albums for Clay overseas. While sales in the US went up only 800 this week, sales estimated world wide seem to have gone between 2 or 3 thousand. I don't exactly remember what they were before, but it is definitely over 2000. So tyhatr is good news, they have him estimated at max sales of 178800, I think is was 176??? as the max sales before.

playbiller, i love following numbers. Where can we check out these world sales stats?

My memory is jogged that the day of that tribute, October 26, 2007, was exactly nine months and 12 days before the birth of Parker. I also recall someone saying that they saw Jaymes walking down the street in NY that weekend holding hands with a gentleman, and I snarked that maybe it was her cousin. However, in retrospect, maybe it was her gynecologist.

i don't remember the date, but I remember the post about it......

..... and my first thought...... well, another one down. Then I thought....nah, it was mistaken identity as there are a lot of women that resemble Jaymes. :D

FYI - I think the Olympics did help sell some albums for Clay overseas. While sales in the US went up only 800 this week, sales estimated world wide seem to have gone between 2 or 3 thousand. I don't exactly remember what they were before, but it is definitely over 2000. So that is good news, they have him estimated at max sales of 178800, I think is was 176??? as the max sales before.

playbiller, i love following numbers. Where can we check out these world sales stats?

Keeping in mind no one knows if these figures are accurate, they are frequently quoted on other fan boards -worldwidealbums.net You look for total by artist. Clay is under C because for some reason they are by first name????

Back from a 5k walk/run that was being done in honor of the daughter of a couple we bowl with; she was killed by a drunk driver 11 years ago and they do this every year to bring awareness to driving under the influence.

This is the first year for us and I am proud to say that we completed the 3 miles; I knew hubby would, but exercise and I have a nodding acquaintance and I thought I would really be huffing and puffing...but suprisingly I did pretty good..we did in 1:04. There was a pregnant girl in front of us walking who was 3 weeks from her due date and I used her as a motivator...I just was not going to be beat someone who was pregnant!

It was a lot of fun and It is good to know that I can walk three miles; guess I am in better shape than I thought!

Kim

Good lord... I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw wine in Luckys for 1.99 so yeah I bought one just to see. I had two or three and I have the biggest damn headache I've ever had in my life. Anybody have a quick cure.

I hope everyone has a good day

was a lot of fun and It is good to know that I can walk three miles; guess I am in better shape than I thought!

that makes one of us I'm sure :cryingwlaughter:

I am still recovering from having my 11 and 8 year old grandsons overnight. Whew! I took them to the beach. The oldest, who thinks he knows everything, got caught in some big waves. Scared me and, I think, gave him a bit of respect for the power of the ocean. I parked us right next to a lifeguard station, so I was prepared to scream if he didn't get out, but it was still very scary.

Then, on the insistence of the younger, we went down the pier a.g.a.i.n. and this time got to see someone catch an 80 lb bat ray. They clipped off the stinger, let all the kids touch it (the ray, not the stinger), then threw it back in. Talk about a belly flop! Hope it survived the experience!

Then I come back to FCA and find 6 pages since I last posted. I have enjoyed catching up tremendously!

Hey y'all! Just checking in quickly to let everyone know I'm on my way out of Dodge. Our county has a mandatory evacuation starting tomorrow morning but I've convinced my family we might as well leave tonight. It doesn't look like Gustav will hit us directly but better safe than sorry.

Solo and all others in the path of this storm... may you and yours be safe!!!

Welcome, new members!

:welcome22:

Gibby... I'm a stealin' this welcome to newbies! We like new members around here, so join right in! ldyj and KAndre might spork, but only on severe provocation... usually threatening works very well! :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

I think the Fifth Grader look hit so many as not very good cause it was not what they were expecting and it certainly wasn't his best look. I hated Rewind as the worst he's ever looked, tho. I downloaded Fifth Grader from itunes and that version didn't look quite as bad as the regular tv did. He still managed to look quite cute several times and was a fun guest and did well.

My favorite live Clay that I was at had to have been Pala, with the Greek as #2.

#3 was Clio. I flew all the way to MI after watching clack and deciding I had to see this one even if it meant flying somewhere. I lucked into 5th row center seats and was like 15 feet away during the "clack skip around" and "I know your words". A great experience and well worth the expense.

#4 has to be Virgin/Kimmel day even tho I was not in the studio audience, I got to see all the rehearsal stuff in person and was very close during the concert part. He was too thin that day and hope to never see him that thin again. It was great to see his joy at performing for us again after the hell that year was for him (except for AI5, of course).

#5 is Vegas (ice show) cause of the great pre-party and after dinner at TGIF with all the FCAers I met there!

#6 is Vegas again, but IT this time. I got direct eye contact during the angry part of ISY and actually felt it to the tips of my toes and have never forgotten that physical feeling of that eye contact. I've had eye contact since, so it wasn't just that, but the intensity of ISY that did it!

#7 was Kimmel where they showed the fight scene. Best look of all his Kimmels... drool!!!

#8 was being 5 ft from him when he sang Ashes at Kimmel and being a part of that audience when we all sang "they should see me now" phrase (not sure that is exactly the phrase, but it came after "never good enough").

#9 is the first JNT when he lifted that woman in the wheelchair and danced with her. So heartwarming.

#10 was the 4th row center seats I had to enjoy his JNT05 play, which I loved.

What a lovely trip down memory lane on a Sunday morning! Thanks couchie for starting this! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

damn damn damn

the very catastrophe I was trying to avoid had already happened.

the hard drive I had all my shots and vids from spam visits on, went bad.

not to mention a bunch from vacation, daughter's best friend's wedding, morgan event.

all gone.

fuck fuck fuck

I'm depressed. :(

{{{hugs}}} to all dealing with Gustav, and happy trails to all travelers.

damn damn damn

the very catastrophe I was trying to avoid had already happened.

the hard drive I had all my shots and vids from spam visits on, went bad.

not to mention a bunch from vacation, daughter's best friend's wedding, morgan event.

all gone.

fuck fuck fuck

I'm depressed. :(

{{{hugs}}} to all dealing with Gustav, and happy trails to all travelers.

cha cha... take it to a computer guru. Often stuff can be recovered. Good luck!!!

{{{Cha cha}}}, but don't give up. When my hard drive was going, sometimes it would work, and sometimes it wouldn't. I rebooted once or twice a day to check. On the days it worked, I immediately hooked it up to an external to grab files until it died again, starting with the most important. One time it worked really well, and I managed to get almost everything. If that doesn't work, as liney said, take it to a guru. There's hope!!

I think Scarlett and KAndre should be in Newark by now, and boarding shortly for Houston. Safe travels, y'all!! :F_05BL17blowkiss: