#40: He simply makes me smile when I see him.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• He looks great, he looks happy and healhty...me likey, me happy!
    • He makes me go broke with a smile on my face!
    • He is excessively, endlessly, adorably CUTE!!!!!!!!
    • God the voice is gorgeous. I'll never take it for granted.
    • Break open those piggy banks! Remember - if you choose to rob a bank, just don't wear a Clay Aiken t-shirt!
    • Clay Aiken Makes His Triumphant Return!
    • Clay has some serious mojo!!!
    • He sings. He dances. He talks. He wears PANTS! verra, verra niiiicely. The rest is just noise!
    • Someone take the measure of that man!
    • Who CARES? He's hot!!!
    • But in the final analysis - he could be bald and I would still love him.
    • Is there ever enough Clay?
    • He's Clay, you know. The hotness intensifies as time goes by.

It gives me the warm fuzzies to think that maybe Clay is back with his Spamalot family today. :wub:

Me too! :):wub: But I have a feeling he was there last week, actually. Something about having time to blog...twice :hysterical:.....and read fan submissions for his bio. :lol: I suspect Jaymes and Parker may be waiting to join him until Parker's 6 week checkup is done.

MHO only, no knowledge at all, yada yada and all appropriate disclaimers, 'cause I know absolutely nothing, really! :lol:

ETA: From his first blog, I got the feeling he might be a little lonesome....please note all prior disclaimers....

Also, I don't think they wait until six weeks any longer. They let the babies go so early now, the doctors want to see them sooner. And, obviously, they will need a pediatrician while in NY.

Jamar, are you ready to put a hex on the Chicago White Sox? It's going to be a huge series in Minnesota next week when Chicago is here. Gulp!

Well - all the above disclaimers.

I think everyone is just assuming Clay will have Parker with him in New York right now. I would hope he would wait until the little guy is a bit older before he starts taking him on airplanes, etc. and disrupting whatever schedule he's in. Jaymes probably has alot of help in Raleigh with Faye and other relatives and friends, too. I was thinking that with the theater dark on Mondays and no show until Tuesday night, it wouldn't be that difficult for Clay to go home to Raleigh every Monday to see him. BUT - none of us really knows yet and maybe we won't know!

Just talked to Scarlett and she sounds very upbeat! She's having a spam and cheese sandwich for dinner! :cryingwlaughter: She says it's been interesting watching the city kind of come back to life and that there haven't been as many sirens today as before. Still no power and she hasn't had to go to go back to work yet. Hee - she almost sounds like she's having fun!!! :whistling-1:

First, {{{jazzgirl}}} and {{{annabear}}} for your wacky weather adventures. Not fun!!!

Annabear, congratulations on your condo. YAY.

00lsee, I'm glad you're OK. PerusingOne, thanks for word on others. So sorry to those who are still without basic needs like power and internet. Yikes! Still fretting here about our folks who have not checked in yet. Hoping it's just that communications are difficult.

Yeah, not having to go to work is one of the few perks, Miss Scarlett.

Since Clay has to bring stuff with him, he's probably driving up. I think I would if I were moving to NYC for several months.

Interesting article today about MySpace Music plans: MySpace Music to start with major ad sponsors

MySpace first announced in April it will be forming a joint venture with Sony BMG Music Entertainment, Universal Music Group and Warner Music Group.

The partners said the new venture would offer a range of streaming, downloads, videos, ticketing, merchandising and much else as it aimed to be a the ultimate one-stop for music fans.

yada yada yada delays complications yada yada

MySpace Music is expected to launch with a song download service provided by Amazon.com but few other details of the new venture's attempt to be a comprehensive player have emerged.

Jamar, are you ready to put a hex on the Chicago White Sox?

You mean like, oh, the whole last month? :cryingwlaughter:

Sadly...the Baseball Gods only listen to so many hexes per season and respond to even fewer.

---

Again all disclaimers....I just don't see Clay going to NY without this child. I just don't. I don't see any apt or schedule that would make missing that time worth it to him. Not after the things he's said about wanting to be a father. Not after the things he's said about not having a father. Not after the effort they put into just having this baby. If they don't have a nanny I'm pretty sure Jaymes is capable of being with the baby without any help from Faye or others.

eta...playbiller...well baby check-ups are now recommended at one month and two months so the 6 week thing is just speculation based on the past I believe.

well, he might go to rehearse for a bit without the child, but the baby would be there for forthe run of the show. Was there a source for the 6 week check up or it is just a rumor, since I have heard that as well.

No way could I see Clay without the baby in NYC, he makrd the child as his with the No-hypen much like a wolf marks it's property by peeing on it. Although we all interpreted it differently, make no mistake, he was sending a message with the no-hyphen stuff.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Broadway grosswes, the worst week ofthe years has passed and now Spamalot bounced back to 15th place. I think that this indicates that there was minimal fan effect on the part of Stephen Collins and Drew Latchey since this was their last week.

This might also be a low week since Clay does not start until Friday. The nextg week will be interesting.

I'm kind of laughing here. Months ago when this news first broke I shared my feelings about absentee fathers, etc. and many of you, MANY of you commented on the fact that many fathers are not with their children 24x7 because of their jobs and that doesn't make them any less loving or nurturing. And then there were scenarios cited to back up that opinion! It's interesting to me that now many of you can't picture Clay ever being without little Parker. I personally think Clay will do what's best for Parker - not what's best for him. If that means he drove up from Raleigh with child, so be it. IF it means he spends some time in NY by himself because he doesn't want to move Parker around - so be it. It just bothers me somewhat when people are soooooo sure that something is going to happen - when they really don't know for sure. But I do think the child's comfort will be foremost in his mind. As much as Clay has wanted to be a father, I can imagine some scenarios where it would be difficult to have the little guy with himall the time. Can any of you mothers imagine a toddler on a tour bus for an extended period of time? I expect Clay and Jaymes will work it out for the best.

In any case - it's nothing to argue about. I don't really care as Clay will do what he thinks is best.

Jamar, are you ready to put a hex on the Chicago White Sox?

You mean like, oh, the whole last month? :cryingwlaughter:

Sadly...the Baseball Gods only listen to so many hexes per season and respond to even fewer.

---

Just make sure you keep your hexes on the south side of Chicago...

Kim

I am NOT trying to change anybody's opinion - just stating my own. If it were my child and he was only 4-6 weeks old I would not be uprooting him from what is familiar until he was a titch older. That means no long car rides, no nasty airplane air full of germs, etc. And until Clay either tells people where his baby is or someone sees the baby - we.just.don't.know! And that's all I was trying to say.

I think this is different than absentee fathers, a one or two month bus tour, and a baby who can be in NYC in a stable apartment where there are doctors and there is an outside and where Clay could be diooing something for his album where his exec producer might be needed and where each of them has friends.

Now if only the stalking fans would leve him alone to live his life int he city rather than posting his address, because they are such good fans, you know, they know everyone wants to know.

I am still trying to figure out if the voices in my head were saying something about 6 weeks, or if I read it somw where or if someone else said it to me.

i.e. long car rides - babies love long car rides, heh. But who knows they could have firends in say Washington for a half way stop. fear used to stop there on her way up here and she had a 25% longer trip.

And my opinion is that after everything...I just don't think something as banal as a doctor's apt or a schedule will keep him from moving Parker to NY. Maybe there will be other reasons. But, personally, I moved (like to another city several states away) twice when my children were small infants. So I don't think it would be all that unusual or detrimental. Babies are really pretty hardy.

See...you have your opinion and I have mine. Handy how that works.

The only thing 4-6 week old babies are concerned with is getting fed and getting changed...I don't think they are that aware of their surroundings; I would think it would be much easier to travel with him at this age; rather than when he is older. And, I truly cannot see Clay spending 4 months in NYC without his son.

Kim

Playbiller, I also read somewhere that Faye said that they would be going up to NYC after Parker's six week check up. Maybe the time period is negotiable. I'm pretty sure Clay's blog said that "We" were packing up for the move.

ETA: His comments were a little vague other than the introducing of Parker in the coming weeks. He switches between we and I so easily that it gets quite confusing. Whatever is best for them. I don't have any hopes of seeing Parker at the stage door.

Have a safe trip merrrrie. Hope things get back to normal soon for all of you.

And my opinion is that after everything...I just don't think something as banal as a doctor's apt or a schedule will keep him from moving Parker to NY. Maybe there will be other reasons. But, personally, I moved (like to another city several states away) twice when my children were small infants. So I don't think it would be all that unusual or detrimental. Babies are really pretty hardy.

See...you have your opinion and I have mine. Handy how that works.

Hey, I have the same opinion.

I don't believe anyone is saying that Clay needs to be with Parker 24/7. Since Clay will be in NY until January, it just makes sense that Parker will be there with him. Will he be there the entire time? No one knows. I also don't think anyone said that would 'for sure' happen. Most are saying that they can't imagine that Clay would move to NY and leave Parker in Raleigh.

It doesn't make it so, but I think it's most likely.

ETA: On Sep 19, Parker will be six weeks old.

I'm kind of laughing here. Months ago when this news first broke I shared my feelings about absentee fathers, etc. and many of you, MANY of you commented on the fact that many fathers are not with their children 24x7 because of their jobs and that doesn't make them any less loving or nurturing. And then there were scenarios cited to back up that opinion! It's interesting to me that now many of you can't picture Clay ever being without little Parker. I personally think Clay will do what's best for Parker - not what's best for him. If that means he drove up from Raleigh with child, so be it. IF it means he spends some time in NY by himself because he doesn't want to move Parker around - so be it. It just bothers me somewhat when people are soooooo sure that something is going to happen - when they really don't know for sure. But I do think the child's comfort will be foremost in his mind. As much as Clay has wanted to be a father, I can imagine some scenarios where it would be difficult to have the little guy with himall the time. Can any of you mothers imagine a toddler on a tour bus for an extended period of time? I expect Clay and Jaymes will work it out for the best.

In any case - it's nothing to argue about. I don't really care as Clay will do what he thinks is best.

I have to agree, Iseeme. Clay will do what he and Jaymes thinks is best for Parker. And I can totally see where they may think it is best at this point that Jaymes and Parker remain in NC for now. That doesn't mean forever. That doesn't mean for his entire run of Spamalot. But I can see where they may feel it is best for all concerned that they stay in NC for now. We don't know what is going on, how Jaymes is, how Parker is, if they found a place big enough and comfortable enough for the 3 of them (or who knows how many people and things!). Remember he thought it would be fine to have Raleigh and Durham with him in NY before and it didn't turn out that way. I KNOW THIS IS DIFFERENT, but we just do not know how things are or what Clay and Jaymes feel is best for Parker.

As for after all he went through he would never be apart - I am sorry but that is a little over the top IMO! I mean, many parents go through what he and Jaymes went through to have a child - and more - and love that child every bit as much as they love Parker but because of work cannot spend almost every waking minute with their baby! Many fathers - and mothers these days - work and travel for a living. They don't give up their jobs just to be with their baby, or uproot their family just so they never have to be apart. They do what they think is best for their child - even if it means they have to be apart some of time.

I feel confident Clay and Jaymes will do just that and I also feel confident in saying none of us know what that is! And you know, I kind of hope we never do. IF Clay and Jaymes and Parker are together in NY for the entire time or for part of the time then I hope we never know so they can just live their lives. And IF Jaymes and Parker remain in NC then I hope we never know so no one goes nuts and starts passing judgment on Clay's ability to be a father.

Playbiller, I also read somewhere that Faye said that they would be going up to NYC after Parker's six week check up. Maybe the time period is negotiable. I'm pretty sure Clay's blog said that "We" were packing up for the move.

May I just ask where you read that and who reported it? Did Faye give an interview saying that? Did she post on a board? Or did someone' best friend's sister's hair dresser over hear Faye telling the garbage man? I don't mean to be disrespectful but I am always suspicious of reports attributed to member's of Clay's family that don't come directly from them to us!

I thought we were all just stating our opinions.

Can an opinion be right or wrong?

Around here they can! :cryingwlaughter:

In the midst of this mess, I just received a very welcome phone call - I got my condo! :whoo:

:nana: Stopped digging out from my muddy basement to say "woo hoo" to annabear. A little bit of hope in the midst of your no power situation.

The water receded on its own! At least, I didn't have to hire an extraction company. I'm surprised by that as so much stuff was floating around that I thought the two drains were blocked, but gravity must have worked. Tomorrow, I will find out how the furnace and water heater fared underwater. The next day, the washer/dryer/freezer. I don't have much hope for the later trio. I would love to have my washer so I could clean all the flood soaked laundry. I "had" (don't know if past tense is appropriate yet) a 15 year old Maytag washer. Never needed a single repair. I'm going to hate to lose it. Hope I can get hot water tomorrow, I miss the dishwasher and showers.

Thanks for the sump pump advice. That's on my "to do" list too.

People posting opposing opinions does not mean that yours is wrong. Sometimes, when a person's opinion is in the minority, they feel like people are ganging up on them, when in reality, we are all just stating our opinions.

Did someone really post this:

As for after all he went through he would never be apart - I am sorry but that is a little over the top IMO!
If so, that is over the top.