#40: He simply makes me smile when I see him.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• He looks great, he looks happy and healhty...me likey, me happy!
    • He makes me go broke with a smile on my face!
    • He is excessively, endlessly, adorably CUTE!!!!!!!!
    • God the voice is gorgeous. I'll never take it for granted.
    • Break open those piggy banks! Remember - if you choose to rob a bank, just don't wear a Clay Aiken t-shirt!
    • Clay Aiken Makes His Triumphant Return!
    • Clay has some serious mojo!!!
    • He sings. He dances. He talks. He wears PANTS! verra, verra niiiicely. The rest is just noise!
    • Someone take the measure of that man!
    • Who CARES? He's hot!!!
    • But in the final analysis - he could be bald and I would still love him.
    • Is there ever enough Clay?
    • He's Clay, you know. The hotness intensifies as time goes by.

Good Morning Everyone,

3 Days until "Spam, Wonderful, Spam! :woohoo:

11 Days until Clay is Partying with Paula!

:woohoo:

32 Days until The BAF Gala!

38 Days until Clay is Roasting Matt Lauer!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

On the topic of children with parents that travel.... I have to say something about Diana Ross. Oh, I am fascinated with her and I have read everything I have come across about her, and Berry Gordy, Motown etc etc but you know, she was essentially a single mother for most of the time her 5 children were growing up. From what I read, her kids were allowed to call her ANYtime, she would take a call from them in the middle of a business meeting. When she was performing away from home, she would fly home immediately after the show so that she would be there with them for breakfast the next morning, spend time with them and then she would fly back to where she was performing that evening. With the two younger children from her last marriage, she would have their clothes all ready for the next morning, then take them to school. There were a lot of things about Diana Ross that people who worked with her hated, but her children absolutely adore her. I always think of her when I hear of mothers struggling to find a balance between a career and children, especially single mothers. I think when a child has at least one parent that loves them unconditionally, that child will be equipped to deal with most things in life. I've always believed that unconditional love only ever exists between mother and child, but there are exceptions with some fathers, and I'd lay London to a brick that Clay is one of those fathers. I'd like to be reincarnated as Clay Aiken's next child. Oh wait, do you have to be dead before you can be reincarnated?

ETA:

I found this and loved it so much, I decided to try and link it here.
:cryingwlaughter:

Does anyone else feel that THAT bear's name is, um... anna?

I'm glad to know everybody is safe (if not all sound) after the wrath of Ike. I hope that Desertrose is also, and can check in soon. Does anybody know if she posts elsewhere? I hope that power and services will be restored quickly and completely to all.

*thinks about days without power*

*shudders*

*thinks about days without internet*

*dies*

annabear, congrats on your condo! :thbighug-1:

In completely unrelated news, for those of you who care... I have finally posted The End of my story (Blessings) in the Reading Room at CV. This is somewhat monumental for me as I started writing this... 4 years ago, lol.

Hope it's a much better day today for all of our folks involved with Ike...wherever they may be!

Annabear, I missed the convo about your condo :lol: last night somehow. Congrats! Is this a first home purchase??

I haven't been around much lately, but I just wanted to jump in and and say hi to everyone.

I also wanted to share some recent experiences I had with OMWH. The past couple of weekends I've been traveling back and forth between Ohio and Mo., so I've been in several stores and have been eating out quite a bit. In a two day time period, I heard OMWH 4 times. Once in a well known department store in Ohio, Once in a Tumbleweeds restaurant, twice in a Big Lots stores (one in Ohio and one in Mo). So I came to the conclusion that Clay is a favorite with Muzak programmers, and that even though he may not get much radio play, people are getting to hear that marvelous voice.

It made me smile.

I know!! I've been SO excited to hear Clay several places around here in not-much-Clayland. I've even heard people OTHER than me unconsciously humming along :hysterical:

amen Play!

Saying that only one opinion can be heard here is not only false, but an accusation, not an opinion. If I disagree with someone I will tell them I do, this does not mean I want them drawn and quartered or silenced. Whichever seems worse to them.

I agree with this. And saying that can only make people defensive. Really, if you disagree with an opinion and aren't free to offer your own, then that leaves only silence on the topic and then what would be the point.

Back to work. I'm feeling good about this trip to NY> Won't even have to eat off the dollar menu. Hey FromClaygary ..how is Carmines coming along. Count in me and Ansa!

Ooops!! :F_05BL17blowkiss: I was going to do that, wasn't I??? Tonight when I get home!

I found this and loved it so much, I decided to try and link it here. :cryingwlaughter:

Monday's Suck!

OMG!! :hysterical: I LOVE it!!

I have no idea where Parker and Jaymes are or will be. However, in my experience (I operate a childcare business), babies do not generally have 6 week checkups. They go at 2 weeks, 1 month, 2 months, 4 months, 6 months, 9 months, etc. New mothers usually have a 6 week checkup postpartum, so maybe that is where the 6 week idea came from.

Well, the way I remember the “absentee father” discussion is that some (Iseeme being one) were automatically assuming that Clay would fall into that category based on the *assumption* that Clay and Jaymes wouldn’t be living together and/or that Clay would be traveling all the time, thereby making him somewhat absentee. I have not bothered to look it up, but this is how I remember the conversation. In THAT context, everyone making the comment that fathers work all the time and are still good fathers still makes perfect sense and doesn’t even really relate to the current conversations.

Yep! I agree with Heidi! and now I have declared the subject a dead horse! Just kidding!

No matter how much I squint at all the differing opinions, all I really see is people are not disagreeing so much with whether or not Parker and Jaymes will be with Clay in NYC - but disagreeing with the reasons stated as to why they may not be or will not be. And really, if someone wants to state an opinion and then have either nothing but OMG! you are right! posts after that, or have any further discussion dropped, then they really just need to mod their own board, this board doesn't seem to work like that.

IMO, etc.

Random observations and my own opinions (based on having my own baby, which I realise does not make me an expert, just a person who has a bit of experience to draw from):

Babies are fabulously portable unless they have health problems. And I choose to interpret Clay's statement that baby and Jaymes are doing fine - as to mean baby and Jaymes are doing fine. That does not mean I am stating that of course Parker will be in NYC, it just means I think that baby sorroundings and portability issues, for a healthy baby, are not valid assumptions to base an opinion on.

And in my experience there are few places more awash with germs than the waiting room of a pediatrician.

I do think some (not on this board, I don't think) are still hoping that Clay really did just do a favor for a friend, and that Jaymes just borrowed some sperm or tricked it out of him somehow, and Clay is just trying to make the best of things. And so his whole Parker blog is suspect, as is being at the hospital, etc.

"Dear friend" is a super sekrit message.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least to find that there are still Clellies somewhere who just KNOW that Clay and Kelly live secretly at a chateau in France (or Paris, Texas) and that the baby is really Kelly and Clay's baby, and Jaymes is doing them a favor by pretending to carry and deliver, etc .

Hence the delay in the release of Kelly's new CD. :-O

Somehow I find it hard to believe that a person with Clay's or Jaymes' means and connections would have a hard time finding or borrowing a nice big place to stay in, in NYC. I doubt they are poring over ads in the NYTimes, or figuring out the best way to tie a mattress on to the roof of an SUV, so it doesn't go sailing over the interstate, get snagged by a fan, and turn up on ebay.

Many celebrities keep really nice places in NYC just for the occasional visit. I am assuming that Clay has friends and connections all over the place now, too. There is a tendency by some to think that if the fans have not seen something, it doesn't exist - like wondering how the heck Clay would turn up at a Matt Lauer roast because how does he know Matt Lauer. I think celebrities and actors have parties and dinners and network as friends just like everybody else. I don't believe their personal lives are conducted entirely in public, at the bidding of PR people and management firms.

I also believe that the more obssessed stalkery famehos pore over all available info about leases and such, trying to find out where Clay is staying.

Last Saturday I heard Clay singing OMWH at a Publix supermarket. Noisy place, but I thought I heard that beautiful voice, so then I just stopped pushing my cart and stood there like a doofus, smiling. Then I found the friend I was shopping with and said Listen! It's Clay! She smiled uncertainly and kept me away from her kids with the use of clever cart maneuvering, in case I was gonna be dangerous or embarrassing.

Somehow I find it hard to believe that a person with Clay's or Jaymes' means and connections would have a hard time finding or borrowing a nice big place to stay in, in NYC. I doubt they are poring over ads in the NYTimes, or figuring out the best way to tie a mattress on to the roof of an SUV, so it doesn't go sailing over the interstate, get snagged by a fan, and turn up on ebay.

Many celebrities keep really nice places in NYC just for the occasional visit. I am assuming that Clay has friends and connections all over the place now, too. There is a tendency by some to think that if the fans have not seen something, it doesn't exist - like wondering how the heck Clay would turn up at a Matt Lauer roast because how does he know Matt Lauer. I think celebrities and actors have parties and dinners and network as friends just like everybody else. I don't believe their personal lives are conducted entirely in public, at the bidding of PR people and management firms.

I also believe that the more obssessed stalkery famehos pore over all available info about leases and such, trying to find out where Clay is staying.

yeah, that.

Last Saturday I heard Clay singing OMWH at a Publix supermarket. Noisy place, but I thought I heard that beautiful voice, so then I just stopped pushing my cart and stood there like a doofus, smiling. Then I found the friend I was shopping with and said Listen! It's Clay! She smiled uncertainly and kept me away from her kids with the use of clever cart maneuvering, in case I was gonna be dangerous or embarrassing.

Hee, this made me laugh. Been there, done that. More than once. Except it's usually WY or ATD playing. Have yet to hear OMWH here in the Great White North. Not that it's snowing yet, but it's been so cold, it may as well have been. Supposed to get near 20 C (68 F) today. I hope. I resorted to a big fuzzy sweater and fluffy slippers yesterday evening. I refuse to turn the furnace one when it's only been a week or so since I was using the A/C! ~brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr~

Hey, did y'all see gas is dropping finally? It went down 9 cents per litre here since last night. Good thing I waited until I was running on empty to fill up! :)

O/T, but I just have to squeeee, because one month today I will be winging my way to Raleigh!!!!! :dancingpickle:

Hey, did y'all see gas is dropping finally? It went down 9 cents per litre here since last night. Good thing I waited until I was running on empty to fill up!

It's still hellish expensive in my neck of the woods. :cry4: , and my low fuel light is on :cry4::cry4: and no gala for me :cry4::cry4: :cry4:

Looks like I should be asking for some cheese!!!! Lots of cheese!!! :cryingwlaughter:

Heh...reviewing the last few days, it's good to know that no matter what, minor squabbling rules at FCA!

Like others have said, babies are really very portable. I also don't think babies are particularly attached to places as much as people. I also agree that Clay's and Jaymes' money probably eliminate a lot of problems with baby relocation.

No one's innocent in the "mountain to molehill" thing and yes, defensiveness contributes to it as well.

Weather is now actually gorgeous here. But now that I can actually see beyond my little area - it's bad here. Man.

I hardly consider 1.299 a bargain, but it's better than 138.6!

We're still at the $1.38!!! I guess they didn't get the memo about the 9-10 cent decrease at midnight!! :angry2:

As for the "where's Parker" discussion?? As long as Clay shows up on stage at Spamalot as required, that's the extent of the interest I have in his personal life.

Well, I never said it still wasn't hellishly expensive, LOL. I hardly consider 129.9 a bargain, but it's better than 138.6!

I filled up today because it's Tuesday, and that's when petrol (gas) is cheapest for the week here.

So...

Today,. I paid 138.9 per litre.

Yesterday it was 147.9.

And tomorrow it will probably back up to over 145.9 per litre.

I can't wait for solar-powered cars to be widely available and partially fueled (as a backup) by another renewable resource that won't impact on our environment and won't have us chopped at the knees in terms of our reliance on oil producing nations.

I think Clay, Jaymes and Parker. will be together in NYC. That's my opinion, everybody has one. LOL!!!There was some discussion last time aroudn, that Spam might provide housing. Maybe, maybe not. Everything can be bargained for, I imagine.

Spamalot Clay was #4 on Lycos for last week with only Palin, Hilton and YouTube ahead of him. I think that's darn good. 457 weeks.

I'm going to try to be more supportive of LaLate. They really have been good to Clay and I don't understand why some don't support them. Maybe, because they've been so good, some don't think they're worthy. All that confuses me.

I can't wait for Fri. night. Yay us!!!!! I hope there is a wonderful crowd.

Can you guys help some more at Hey Neilson? Clay's way down this morning. Just a comment helps.

LaLate is pop-up hell (even with pop-up blockers), and so I try to avoid it like the plague. JMO, of course. Hee.

Reading Time magazine online today, and I found this article: Celebrity Worship: Good for Your Health? I find this kind of topic fascinating, since I've pretty much been a fangirl since I was 4, and pretty much have been one for my entire life.

I found this and loved it so much, I decided to try and link it here. :cryingwlaughter:

Monday's Suck!

Does anyone else feel that THAT bear's name is, um... anna?

Hee! I may resemble that bear... here she is with her penguin friend:

ldyj...thanks for the link to that article...interesting stuff.

Welcome back to the internet world, KAndre!

Oh, crap. :rolleyes: Looks like I might be taking a trip to Rhode Island on business before the calendar year is out....gee...isn't RI pretty danged close to NYC? :whistling-1:

KAndre falls into the FCA, shrieking with joy at Internet access...

My Lord, work even feels good! I hate Comcast with the heat of a thousand burning suns!

It's great that you have internet again.

LaLate is pop-up hell (even with pop-up blockers), and so I try to avoid it like the plague. JMO, of course. Hee.

Reading Time magazine online today, and I found this article: Celebrity Worship: Good for Your Health? I find this kind of topic fascinating, since I've pretty much been a fangirl since I was 4, and pretty much have been one for my entire life.

I just went to the LaLate site and had no pop-ups. Do you use IE or Firefox?

They have a contest there but the rules are not clear.

CONTEST - Clay Aiken LALATE2 Fan Video

I scanned the Time Magazine article and it kinda creeped me out. I really had very little interest in celebrities until Clay entered my life 2 years ago and it's scary that I spend more time thinking and reading and occasionally worrying about him than I do about my kids. That I have more photos of him on my computer than I have of my grandchildren.

OMG I really do need an intervention! :fca:

Yet another edit:

from CH

dancermom2

Another Spam ad ran today in the NY Times. It's on the page with the Theater Directory Listings which were on the bottom half of the page.

International Superstar Spamad-9-16-08.jpg

Oh YES!!!!

I have tried to make a link to the photograph of that newspaper page like the "International Superstar" one that dancermom2 did but it doesn't work.

In posting the photo it became HUGE What did I do wrong?

Oh no, I still don't have internet at home - just work.

It's already started:

Top Ten Reasons Hurricane Season Is Like Christmas

Number Ten:

Decorating the house (with plywood).

Number Nine:

Dragging out boxes that haven't been used since last season.

Number Eight:

Last minute shopping in crowded stores.

Number Seven:

Regular TV shows pre-empted for 'Specials'.

Number Six:

Family coming to stay with you.

Number Five:

Family and friends from out of state calling you.

Number Four:

Buying food you don't normally buy . . . and in large quantities.

Number Three:

Days off from work.

Number Two:

Candles.

And the Number One reason Hurricane Season is like Christmas:

At some point you're probably going to have a tree in your house!

Looks like I should be asking for some cheese!!!! Lots of cheese!!! :cryingwlaughter:

This made me LOL.

Heh...reviewing the last few days, it's good to know that no matter what, minor squabbling rules at FCA!

Bwah..welcome back! And I hate Comcast too!

Can you guys help some more at Hey Neilson? Clay's way down this morning. Just a comment helps.

what's that

OMG I really do need an intervention! :fca:

heee

love the top 10 list.

From CH, another Spam ad in the NYT. Note how Clay is described! :flirtysmile3:

Spamad-9-16-08.jpg

ETA: Didn't see the edit above... oh well, nothing wrong with a positive being mentioned twice!