#40: He simply makes me smile when I see him.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• He looks great, he looks happy and healhty...me likey, me happy!
    • He makes me go broke with a smile on my face!
    • He is excessively, endlessly, adorably CUTE!!!!!!!!
    • God the voice is gorgeous. I'll never take it for granted.
    • Break open those piggy banks! Remember - if you choose to rob a bank, just don't wear a Clay Aiken t-shirt!
    • Clay Aiken Makes His Triumphant Return!
    • Clay has some serious mojo!!!
    • He sings. He dances. He talks. He wears PANTS! verra, verra niiiicely. The rest is just noise!
    • Someone take the measure of that man!
    • Who CARES? He's hot!!!
    • But in the final analysis - he could be bald and I would still love him.
    • Is there ever enough Clay?
    • He's Clay, you know. The hotness intensifies as time goes by.

Three.jpgmore days until

SPAMALOT - THE CLAY NATION TAKES MANHATTAN AGAIN!

spam5-03d.jpg

THE ROAR AT THE STAGEDOOR!

Just wanted to see this again. Sigh. :flirtysmile3:

And the Number One reason Hurricane Season is like Christmas:

At some point you're probably going to have a tree in your house!

:cryingwlaughter:

I'm going to try to be more supportive of LaLate. They really have been good to Clay and I don't understand why some don't support them. Maybe, because they've been so good, some don't think they're worthy. All that confuses me.

For me, and for anyone I know, it has nothing to do with thinking they are not worthy because they are good to Clay. For me, the site is annoying and unappealing in its design. I have a pop-up blocker, two actually, and they work at this site, so I don't have that problem, but I find very little content there; it is mostly advertising. The color scheme is garish, and the whole site is so busy, with so very many ads, that it is difficult to find any content. The "articles" are extremely short, and they repeat information that has already been posted on the boards. Many times someone has linked something that says they have a "big surprise for Clay Aiken fans" or that one is coming, but that never happens. I've never seen anything new there. One "surprise for Clay fans" I remember distinctly, was an announcement of their Alexa rating. Nothing to do with Clay.

Hi FCA,

Day five, still alive! The power just came on, and I am checking in to tell you that I did suffer some damage to my house, but I am OK. Will post more later since I have major clean up to do. I did stay through Ike. My son and his family, who also stayed are OK too.

De-lurking cause I gotta respond to this by djs111 :hysterical:

<snip>

I do think some (not on this board, I don't think) are still hoping that Clay really did just do a favor for a friend, and that Jaymes just borrowed some sperm or tricked it out of him somehow, and Clay is just trying to make the best of things. And so his whole Parker blog is suspect, as is being at the hospital, etc.

"Dear friend" is a super sekrit message.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least to find that there are still Clellies somewhere who just KNOW that Clay and Kelly live secretly at a chateau in France (or Paris, Texas) and that the baby is really Kelly and Clay's baby, and Jaymes is doing them a favor by pretending to carry and deliver, etc .

Hence the delay in the release of Kelly's new CD. :-O

Somehow I find it hard to believe that a person with Clay's or Jaymes' means and connections would have a hard time finding or borrowing a nice big place to stay in, in NYC. I doubt they are poring over ads in the NYTimes, or figuring out the best way to tie a mattress on to the roof of an SUV, so it doesn't go sailing over the interstate, get snagged by a fan, and turn up on ebay.

<snip>

Last Saturday I heard Clay singing OMWH at a Publix supermarket. Noisy place, but I thought I heard that beautiful voice, so then I just stopped pushing my cart and stood there like a doofus, smiling. Then I found the friend I was shopping with and said Listen! It's Clay! She smiled uncertainly and kept me away from her kids with the use of clever cart maneuvering, in case I was gonna be dangerous or embarrassing.

(bolding mine)

:lmaosmiley-1: heeheehee....my side hurts!

and of course -

"OMG! You're right!!" ;)

I'm going to try to be more supportive of LaLate. They really have been good to Clay and I don't understand why some don't support them. Maybe, because they've been so good, some don't think they're worthy. All that confuses me.

I think from what I've read, the "pop-up hell" aside, it has more to do with some feeling it's suspect. There is a sense of distrust within this fandom (for good reason perhaps?) that tends to lead to some being more cautious about this sort of thing. I personally see it as a win/win but that's just my opinion.

I really had very little interest in celebrities until Clay entered my life 2 years ago and it's scary that I spend more time thinking and reading and occasionally worrying about him than I do about my kids. That I have more photos of him on my computer than I have of my grandchildren.
Holy cow, YOU are ME!

Except for the whole grandchildren thing. *eyes 15 year old suspiciously*

crawling back under rock now...

Hi FCA,

Day five, still alive! The power just came on, and I am checking in to tell you that I did suffer some damage to my house, but I am OK. Will post more later since I have major clean up to do. I did stay through Ike. My son and his family, who also stayed are OK too.

Yay!! So glad to hear from you. We were worried. Let us know more when you have time.

Thanks for letting us know about keepingfaith, KAndre. I think that means we've heard from or about everyone. Whew.

Hi FCA,

I'm so glad to hear from you, Desertrose!! Sorry about the damage to your house, but the most important thing is that you're okay.

Looks like all of our FCAers weathered the storm! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Let's celebrate! :nana: :nanas::nanalove: :schwirr: :fest30: :Pogo0: :laola0:

OMWH_Yahoo_02_t.jpg

OMWH_BroadwayWorld_07_t.jpg

OMWHhires1crop1.jpg

20080110-003-AP.jpg

clay-aiken-iphone-03.jpg

PIns are all mailed!! WHOOPIE.

If I'm holding for you can you PM me again unless I've contacted you already. My PM box is a mess. Thanks. FYI there are very few Sir Robin pins left, maybe 10 so if you want one, better let me know. If you want to do Clay you're probably ok waiting ..have about 30 left.

Oooo, I spoke to keepingfaith yesterday - she was in her sister's backyard, swinging. In a swing. 'Cause it was seriously nice outside yesterday. She still has no power at her house.

I always knew keepingfaith was a swinger.... B)

So great to hear from both her and Desertrose!

If you want to do Clay you're probably ok waiting ..have about 30 left.

:unsure:

Uh...couchie? Does this mean there are thirty people doing him before me?

ewwwwwwwww

PIns are all mailed!! WHOOPIE.

If I'm holding for you can you PM me again unless I've contacted you already. My PM box is a mess. Thanks. FYI there are very few Sir Robin pins left, maybe 10 so if you want one, better let me know. If you want to do Clay you're probably ok waiting ..have about 30 left.

Got mine today! Thanks so much!

Hi FCA,

I'm so glad to hear from you, Desertrose!! Sorry about the damage to your house, but the most important thing is that you're okay.

Looks like all of our FCAers weathered the storm! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Let's celebrate! :nana: :nanas::nanalove: :schwirr: :fest30: :Pogo0: :laola0:

OMWH_Yahoo_02_t.jpg

OMWH_BroadwayWorld_07_t.jpg

OMWHhires1crop1.jpg

20080110-003-AP.jpg

clay-aiken-iphone-03.jpg

I loooooove the way you celebrate, Gibby! :hubbahubba:

From CH, another Spam ad in the NYT. Note how Clay is described! :flirtysmile3:

Spamad-9-16-08.jpg

ETA: Didn't see the edit above... oh well, nothing wrong with a positive being mentioned twice!

Thanks for posting that ad! I bought a NY Times Sunday ($4!) but it did not have a "Clay ad". It had Stephen Collins and Drew Lachey in it. '

Glad that the members impacted by the hurricanes are all accounted for.

I don't really have an opinion on whether or not Parker and Jaymes will be in NYC with Clay but I do hope he has some sort of "official" comment on the new addition to the family because I think anyone who interviews him as part of Spamalot promotion will ask! I realize that Clay may not do any promos this time but I sure would love to see him.

I got my pins yesterday too today. Amazing speed! And they're beautimous!

17.gif

Lotus said:

In posting the photo it became HUGE What did I do wrong?

(Assumes usual bossy know-it-all stance) - there is NEVER anything wrong with a HUGE picture of Clay, missy!

Good one djd111

Would someone please post a photo which illustrates this Huge attribute of Clay's?

You must have a favourite in your Handbasket (as in going to hell in) folder. :29:

I assume it is still allright to enjoy being titillated by such images?

Lotus said:

In posting the photo it became HUGE What did I do wrong?

(Assumes usual bossy know-it-all stance) - there is NEVER anything wrong with a HUGE picture of Clay, missy!

Good one djd111

Would someone please post a photo which illustrates this Huge attribute of Clay's?

You must have a favourite in your Handbasket (as in going to hell in) folder. :29:

I assume it is still allright to enjoy being titillated by such images?

I'm far too demure and innocent to post such photos as a rule, but just this once. (And I have no idea who named my photobucket album WaldoWatcher. :29:)

Waldowatching-eyepokedout.gif

The original sighting:

earlyWaldo_Charlesvotedoff3.jpg

sorrybutTHISistheholygrail.jpg

040122_AH_Rips_AI3_soWaldoineveryde.jpg

bestevah.jpg

WhatIsThis.jpg

YGAF.jpg

mia_crotch_shot.jpg

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

lotus said:

Good one djd111

Thanks! But you realise I will now feel obligated to refer to you as nasturtium or perhaps phlox.....

Oops!! A thousand apologies. :sorry:

I was posting while my grandsons were having a snack and so was not paying full attention.

what does djd111 stand for?

I finally talked to keepingfaith earlier this evening. It was great to hear her voice. As KAndre mentioned, she's at her sister's house. Her sister has satellite TV and a generator. That makes keepingfaith very happy. She’s had sporadic cell phone reception (more out than in) so making calls has been difficult at best. We’re going to have to teach her how to text.

She did take a trip to her home. Her house is still there and looks good. She will have to do a lot yard work to do with tree and fence clean up, but her house is sound. A tree fell right in front of the door so she had to machete her way in.

lotus said:

Good one djd111

Thanks! But you realise I will now feel obligated to refer to you as nasturtium or perhaps phlox.....

Oops!! A thousand apologies. :sorry:

I was posting while my grandsons were having a snack and so was not paying full attention.

what does djd111 stand for?

BWAH! and she does it twice!!!!

And JMH always such a nice quiet person. Hmmmmm