#40: He simply makes me smile when I see him.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• He looks great, he looks happy and healhty...me likey, me happy!
    • He makes me go broke with a smile on my face!
    • He is excessively, endlessly, adorably CUTE!!!!!!!!
    • God the voice is gorgeous. I'll never take it for granted.
    • Break open those piggy banks! Remember - if you choose to rob a bank, just don't wear a Clay Aiken t-shirt!
    • Clay Aiken Makes His Triumphant Return!
    • Clay has some serious mojo!!!
    • He sings. He dances. He talks. He wears PANTS! verra, verra niiiicely. The rest is just noise!
    • Someone take the measure of that man!
    • Who CARES? He's hot!!!
    • But in the final analysis - he could be bald and I would still love him.
    • Is there ever enough Clay?
    • He's Clay, you know. The hotness intensifies as time goes by.

Are we talking about Gawker - as in the chicky that Kimmel totally blew out of the water when he was hosting Larry King Live Gawker?

'good' or 'bad' siting - those people are lower than pond scum in my books. (JMO and all applicable disclaimers) Like tabloids, I just can't bring myself to 'eee' for them when it's something as harmless as that, and then condemn them when they reveal his location in real time (they are the ones who do that, right?). They are always pondscum in my books.

Possible JBT hair is v. v. exciting to me! Though there will never be anything sexier/hotter than AMA/Snowflake lighting hair. GAH.

ETA: reading back, that sounds harsh. I just feel like Clay (and a lot of other celebs) has been so burned by these people that I hate seeing his name used by them in any capacity. Ignore me - I'm tired.

Thank you Aikim. We must have pictures. And for whoever, or whomever, (can never get those two straight) asked about who will be there on Friday, I will be one of them. I am so excited. It has been too long. I'm suffering withdrawals.

I don't care what the man does with his hair. I'm just so excited to be getting reports again!

And, it would be nice if he were holding hands with Jaymes.

An auction for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS. Starting bid is $500 and auction ends Sept. 20 at 12:00 PM EDT....

ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE...WITH CLAY AIKEN!

Item Description

You and a guest will receive VIP House Seats to see the return of Clay Aiken in the Tony Award-winning musical, SPAMALOT. After the show, you’ll go backstage where he will give you a special behind-the scenes tour. You will also have the opportunity to have your photo taken with Clay and get his autograph. Go home today with a SPAMLOT poster, autographed by Clay and the cast when he was in the show earlier this year.

Break open those piggy banks! Remember - if you choose to rob a bank, just don't wear a Clay Aiken t-shirt!

An auction for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS. Starting bid is $500 and auction ends Sept. 20 at 12:00 PM EDT....

ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE...WITH CLAY AIKEN!

Break open those piggy banks! Remember - if you choose to rob a bank, just don't wear a Clay Aiken t-shirt!

Wow, hope the bids go fairly high for this one. I would need to rob a bank to bid.

I laugh about that poor woman who was wearing the Clay shirt in court every time of hear about a bank robbery. not funny really but I can't help it!

Seems I am not the only one around here who needs a lesson in joking. See, I used this :cryingwlaughter: to make sure people would see I was kidding!

I often don't believe emoticons, based on history. I'm not inclined to believe them now. They're so convenient - they are often used to soften nastiness (so no one will get mad at you), and not to indicate humor. I try to be funny such that no emoticons are necessary. Of course, I occassionally fail, as do others. Especially when work beats the funny out of me.

Well you know, Heidi, we can't all be as perfect as you and as talented as you that we don't need the help of emotions to make sure people don't read us wrong! You'll just have to put up with those of us who are inferior to you and have to use them from time to time. Ok? And if you don't believe them when used, well, that becomes your problem now, doesn't it. :rolleyes:

I don't care what the man does with his hair. I'm just so excited to be getting reports again!

And, it would be nice if he were holding hands with Jaymes.

Wouldn't be nice to me..... <_<

I tend to agree with cindilu about the gawker site. In the past people posting on that site have had their own agendas. This is the same sight that reported him being seen holding hands with a blonde in NY around the time of Hannah's last night. While - as we know now - his baby mamma was only weeks away from giving birth! Oh, and wasn't it this site who also saw him in a Whole Foods early one morning with a woman with an accent who most assumed was Hannah back in the day when everyone was shipping them?

Now he's holding hands with someone who looks like his baby mamma? He always seems to be holding hands with someone!

I could probably go on that site and post some alleged sighting!

Even if my life's desire was to see him holding hands with Jaymes (and where was little Parker anyway???), I would not be apt to believe it if I read it there. Maybe its true. Maybe its not. But I think I will wait for a more reliable source.

Now, for the topic that is REALLY important - what's this about short spikey hair?????? I want the long chestnut locks I loved so much from the AMA's!

ama06-22f.jpg

If you have a problem with someone, please don't feel you have to share it with all of us, you can take it to PM and settle differences that way :bigemo_harabe_net-24: :getaroom:

I have has some real resolutions in PM if the contact is made in sincerity.

OR.... I can tell you how to work the ignore feature. :cryingwlaughter:

Joyous days are upon us, I don't need no rain on my parade. :Pogo0:

Clay is already in the Playbilll, it is down to hours now and not triple digit, :fedora: Now if I only knew when Scarlett was arriving...I might take a shovel to this back room - I finally got 2 of the new blinds up, now I have to run to the store and buy a bunch more, I love them after all! If only they came wider than 36. I still would like to know if this window moulding is completely lined with metal plates, since I ended up with many a stripped screw that I had to pierce and unscrew manually! They look great though! I need to buy more!!!! :sm227:

You know..sometimes it's the little things in life that make you smile. Some of you met my friend that I stayed with in NYC last spring. Well every morning she made me oatmeal and it was so yummy. But I swear no matter where I looked I couldn't find anything called "pumpkin pie spice." So I kinda made my own version which wasn't quite right. And today I opened a package she sent me and it was pumpkin pie spice. Can't wait for breakfast heee. And without Clay I would have never known her. Or Playbiller who got kinda lost trying to find her house in New Jersey after Spam one night. Or the great company of Fear and her husband. It's quite heady when you think about it.

I have just come back from seeing a delightful movie and really want to share how I felt about it.

It is "Young at Heart" about a chorus of senior citizens who sing rock songs. It came highly recommended and altho I didn't know if I would enjoy seeing it I am now so glad that I did. The youngest member of the chorus is 73.

One of the scenes which I found so touching was at the local county jail seeing the reaction of the men when the chorus sang Dylan's "Young at Heart".

If anyone is interested here is the you tube link to the trailer.

Couchie Oatmeal for breakfast, my favourite and I add a handful of blueberries to it. Yummy! I'll have to give that pumpkin pie spice a try.

Couchie
Oatmeal for breakfast, my favourite and I add a handful of blueberries to it. Yummy! I'll have to give that pumpkin pie spice a try.

I love oatmeal (we call it Rolled Oats here...) I use coconut milk instead of regular milk. But I have it for dessert, NOT breakfast!

Also, when I have cooked my dog's food (meat and vegs), I turn off the heat and stir in some oatmeal. It thickens the gravy and my dog loves it. (I don't trust commercial dog food anymore). I know so many people who still hate oatmeal - I did as a child.

Bottlecap, your countdown pics are simply brilliant! I've been waiting to see what you'd be using for ONE more day! Was this in response to aikim suggesting everyone has a good idea? :whistling-1:

Oooh, oatmeal, I eat it almost every morning in some form. It reminds me of my grandmother, who used to cook rolled oats on the stove and then put milk and brown sugar on top for me. Love the suggestions like pumpkin pie spice, fresh bluberries, and coconut milk. I am going to have to try them! :wub:

playbiller, you CMSU. :F_05BL17blowkiss: :cryingwlaughter:

EEEEEEEEEEEEE, Spam tomorrow! thSpam_SirRobin1_Simply_Clay-1.gif

From Leroy1704 at CH via CV via tiggy52winkle at the CB (how's that for convoluted?):

I just got a call from my friend Fab4Clayton who is at Spamalot tonight with her hubby (they've been in NYC for ballgames). She said Clay's name is ALREADY in the playbill and the guy who is playing Clay's parts tonight is listed on an insert in the program (this is what they do when someone is substituting in a role). Woooo hoooo! They are ready for Clay's triumphant return!!! She also asked about the merchandise during Clay's run and was told that they will be selling the same items as last time: the shirt, magnet, button and poster in the program. Nothing new. She will be at the show opening night and will call me so that I can write a quick RED REPORT. It's almost here!!!!

From butterflyshine at CV:

according to Nikki, Clay's hair looked like this, but a tad longer...me likey :wub:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b112/lylekira/mass33.jpg

:7254:
:bday:
:7254:

LDYJOCELYN!!!!

Thanks so much for all you do around here...thanks for being a friend!!

Wish I could see you this Spamalot run but being with your wonderful Hubby in NYC is tres Romantic, I'm sure it will be a special time for the both of you. We will have another chance to meet I'm sure...

take care and enjoy your Birthday weekend.

Just wait a minute...

bay05.jpg

It's whose birthday? And she's what? 12?

Asheville-0811071.jpg

Hey, she's not 30!

bdayreading113005.jpg

:cake:Hope you have a very Happy Birthday, ldyj! birthday_cat_celebrate_lg_nwm.gif

Charice dreamt of singing with Bocelli and Celine, so she drew a picture of herself with each of them in her dream journal. Well, in recent weeks she sang The Prayer with Bocelli in Tustany, and this last week, she and Celine dedicated Because You Loved Me to her mother.

I would LOVE to see Charice and Clay do OMWH together. Both of them were estranged from their fathers.... and they both experienced poverty as kids, although Clay's 'poverty' experience would be considered a walk in the park compared to Charice's - her own grandmother couldn't be bothered with her. Very unusual in an Asian culture.

Charice's father tried to kill her mother and Charice witnessed the violence. I think that is why they (Clay and Charice) both sing with so much emotion. (With David Foster now a major feature in Charice's career, my fingers are crossed for a Clay and Charice duet).

Celine and Charice, duet at Madison Square Garden.

NEW YORK TIMES: The Charice segment was the night's brightest moment. The teen was able to blast notes with Celine-like power, but she was also able to get in touch with the song's emotion...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4ts0uhyWpc

Good Morning Everyone,

Happy Birthday Ldyj!

Today is my 26th wedding anniversary; in all the wedding excitement I almost forgot about it; doesn't seem possible that so much time has gone by and now our daughter is getting married. No plans tonight, but maybe a special dance at the wedding reception. I had sent Emily the video of Something About Us with the Obamas several weeks ago and she has not mentioned it to me. I figure either she listened to it and thought it was really cheesy; didn't listen to it at all or listened to it and is going to surprise me by playing it at the wedding. I am hoping for the latter, but trying not to get my hopes up. I guess it wouldn't hurt to tuck a copy of OMWH into my purse.

1 Day until "Spam, Wonderful, Spam"

:woohoo:

9 Days until Clay is Partying with Paula!

30 Days until The BAF Gala! :woohoo:

36 Days until Clay is Roasting Matt Lauer!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Running off to work so this has to be quick.....

Thanks, Lotus, for that information about Young@heart. How very cool! The trailers say "out this spring"; is that as in, spring 2008? Or spring 2009? .....was that a premiere you went to?

Happy Birthday ldyj!! Hope you have an awesome day!