#40: He simply makes me smile when I see him.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• He looks great, he looks happy and healhty...me likey, me happy!
    • He makes me go broke with a smile on my face!
    • He is excessively, endlessly, adorably CUTE!!!!!!!!
    • God the voice is gorgeous. I'll never take it for granted.
    • Break open those piggy banks! Remember - if you choose to rob a bank, just don't wear a Clay Aiken t-shirt!
    • Clay Aiken Makes His Triumphant Return!
    • Clay has some serious mojo!!!
    • He sings. He dances. He talks. He wears PANTS! verra, verra niiiicely. The rest is just noise!
    • Someone take the measure of that man!
    • Who CARES? He's hot!!!
    • But in the final analysis - he could be bald and I would still love him.
    • Is there ever enough Clay?
    • He's Clay, you know. The hotness intensifies as time goes by.

An auction for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS. Starting bid is $500 and auction ends Sept. 20 at 12:00 PM EDT....

ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE...WITH CLAY AIKEN!

Item Description

You and a guest will receive VIP House Seats to see the return of Clay Aiken in the Tony Award-winning musical, SPAMALOT. After the show, you’ll go backstage where he will give you a special behind-the scenes tour. You will also have the opportunity to have your photo taken with Clay and get his autograph. Go home today with a SPAMLOT poster, autographed by Clay and the cast when he was in the show earlier this year.

Break open those piggy banks! Remember - if you choose to rob a bank, just don't wear a Clay Aiken t-shirt!

So far, up to $1,600!

Great list of auction items for the Gala! *sobs* Why can't I be really, really rich?! :cry4:

Eeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhh, I just got the Gala info forwarded to me (cuz for some strange reason, Aron can't send me THESE emails...any other email, no problem! :shrug: )

OMG, those auction items......!!!! Pleez, why wasn't I born rich?? OR beautiful??? :lmaosmiley-1:

This is going to be SOOOOOO fun!

ETA: OK, I was waiting on the phone at Carmine's while I typed:

For those attending Clay's final week at Spamalot:

We have two reservations at Carmine's for Sunday, Jan 4th at 5:30 PM and 6 PM (after his final show).

There are two different reservations because Carmine will only reserve 12 max....and we wanted everyone to be able to come! We'd love you to join those of us who already expressed an interest:

couchie

ansamcw

goldarngirl

preden

me myb

From Claygary

annabear

chachatrusty and friend

Here's the website for info: Carmine's Theatre District

Please note we are at the Theatre District location which is right across the street from the Shubert.

And here's another spot I'd love to visit this time:

Ellen's Stardust Diner

Anyone up for lunch before the show on, say.....Friday Jan 2nd?

.....or, suggest a time?

PM me if interested!

We have a reservation at Carmine's for Sunday, Jan 4th at 6 PM (after his final show).

I could only get a reservation for 10 people....so, first 4 interested....we'd love you to join those of us who already expressed an interest:

couchie

ansamcw

goldarngirl

preden

me myb

From Claygary

If there are more than 4 other people interested~please do call them and just get another table...they still have reservations available at this point, but act fast! There are limited times/tables.

Here's the website for info: Carmine's Theatre District

Please note we are at the Theatre District location which is right across the street from the Shubert.

Ellen's Stardust Diner

.....or, suggest a time?

I'm planning *fingers, toes, eyes, etc. crossed* to be there Jan. 2 thru Jan. 5, so I'm up for Carmine's after the show! Not sure when I'll be getting in on Jan. 2, so not sure about lunch.

Eeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhh, I just got the Gala info forwarded to me (cuz for some strange reason, Aron can't send me THESE emails...any other email, no problem!
:shrug:
)

OMG, those auction items......!!!! Pleez, why wasn't I born rich?? OR beautiful??? :lmaosmiley-1:

This is going to be SOOOOOO fun!

We have a reservation at Carmine's for Sunday, Jan 4th at 6 PM (after his final show).

I could only get a reservation for 10 people....so, first 4 interested....we'd love you to join those of us who already expressed an interest:

couchie

ansamcw

goldarngirl

preden

me myb

From Claygary

If there are more than 4 other people interested~please do call them and just get another table...they still have reservations available at this point, but act fast! There are limited times/tables.

Here's the website for info:

Please note we are at the
Theatre District location
which is right across the street from the Shubert.

.....or, suggest a time?

ME - ME!!! please add me to the list for Carmine's - can I bring a friend?

(I won't be there on the 2nd)

just cause......

mosaic9039621.jpg

FYI...I've collected up thread title for the next go-around here! If you have any more, please add to that thread...and then hopefully Angela and Ansa will get the poll put up soon!

bwah

what do you think this is, your birthday or something?

Ok I hate to jump in here at the last minute but if there's a limit on Carmines can we do that another time cuz last show party really should be open to everyone and I know there could be a lot of last minutes people deciding to go. Maybe do Carmines at lunch or the previous day. Sorry I'm just saying this. I just know how I felt at parties that seemed exclusive or limited.

I'm planning *fingers, toes, eyes, etc. crossed* to be there Jan. 2 thru Jan. 5, so I'm up for Carmine's after the show! Not sure when I'll be getting in on Jan. 2, so not sure about lunch.

Awesome! Gotcha added to the list for Carmines.

FYI...I've collected up thread title for the next go-around here! If you have any more, please add to that thread...and then hopefully Angela and Ansa will get the poll put up soon!

bwah

what do you think this is, your birthday or something?

Ok I hate to jump in here at the last minute but if there's a limit on Carmines can we do that another time cuz last show party really should be open to everyone and I know there could be a lot of last minutes people deciding to go. Maybe do Carmines at lunch or the previous day. Sorry I'm just saying this.

I agree, couchie, but can't do it, sorry.....they only take reserves for 12 max and that was the only time I could get other than 8 PM for 12, which I thought was too late....?? People might want to be heading home?

chacha I have you.....and yes!

Okay, I walked in the door and what do I see waiting for me on the kitchen counter; an anniversary card and.....

A CHOCOLATE DEVIL'S FOOD CAKE!

Of course this is hubby's favorite cake and of course, he works nights so he will be going to bed at 6:00 p.m.....so, it will be just me and the cake tonight...this is not good people!

Okay, who wants to come over and help me eat this cake!

Kim

Couchie, another suggestion, as I said in the first post......call and get another table! That way we could get 20 or so in, which should be enough. But someone else would have to do it, as they won't take it under my name and phone #

That's a good idea. You never know if some of us may just show up at the last minute. :whistling-1:

Okay, I walked in the door and what do I see waiting for me on the kitchen counter; an anniversary card and.....

Of course this is hubby's favorite cake and of course, he works nights so he will be going to bed at 6:00 p.m.....so, it will be just me and the cake tonight...this is not good people!

Kim

Count me in for a virtual slice and Happy, Happy Anniversary, aikim! I think the best possible way to celebrate it is with a weekend wedding of your firstborn!

:00003653: ldyjocelyn! Birthdays are a lot of fun!

Still digging out from my basement. Had to replace the water heater, the furnace, and now need to go shopping for a washer/dryer. Does anyone have a stackable unit? If so, how do you like it? Next, need to get estimates for a crumbling basement wall, but need to get the washer/dryer in place first.

I like oatmeal just fine too, but my everyday breakfast food is ......Chocolate Malt-O-Meal.

ETA: I wanted to comment on something annabear said upthread about her mom still being without power, but fortunately having a gas hot water heater, so she still has hot water. I was thinking about getting a tankless hot water heater (mucho bucks!), but read in Consumer Reports online that when the power goes out, so do they, as they have an electrical component. I decided to just get the conventional water heater as a replacement as our power goes out frequently. So glad to have hot water now! Boiling water for dishes is too pioneer for me.

Kim

me me me!!!! YUM!

Still digging out from my basement. Had to replace the water heater, the furnace, and now need to go shopping for a washer/dryer. Does anyone have a stackable unit? If so, how do you like it? Next, need to get estimates for a crumbling basement wall, but need to get the washer/dryer in place first.

Yikes!! Lots of expensive stuff. {{{jazzgirl's wallet}}}

I had a fullsize stackable in my apartment in PA. I bought it from Sears. Heavy duty Kenmore. I loved it. I have a smaller Whirlpool here, which I don't love as much, because you can't get nearly as many clothes into each wash.

Just got in and saw this:

Leather Jacket signed by Clay Aiken 2005 Jukebox Tour

THE Jukebox Leather Jacket??!!!

DarienLakeJacketback-1.jpg

That's one item of Clay's I would absolutely love to have. On the other hand, it's so iconic to the Clay Nation that I always hoped Clay would keep for posterity.

Yikes!! Lots of expensive stuff. {{{jazzgirl's wallet}}}

Adds more hugs for {{{jazzgirl & her wallet}}}. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

From CrazyAboutClay at CV:

So, my friend received today in the mail a very large advertisement for Spamalot. You open it and it has a picture of a grail with Clay popping out of it. It also says, "International Superstar Clay Aiken returns to Spamalot Sept. 19." It also has some snippets of reviews, including the one from the AP, praising Clay. Have I mentioned that I absolutely LOVE Spamalot and the way they treat our Clay.

And the ad:

spamgrail_ad.jpg

Minor gripe - now my cable's out!

Jazzgirl, if you pay the big bucks for front loaders, you can get these stands about 2 or 3 feet high to place the washer and dryer on and then store your soap and stuff in.

It might be worth your while to have the furnace raised as well. My furnace is about 8 inches off the ground and there is some stuff before the works starts and that is enough to have helped it survive my water misadventures. New furnaces are so much smaller, you can have it put on a metal railing or something.

Hurumph, what did I get in the mail? Crap.

Jazzgirl Sorry you are have to replace so many appliances; I hope your insurance with cover some of the cost. "slides over a large piece of chocolate cake and a glass of milk".

Oh and I had to laugh at the chocolate malt-o-meal, my hubby's favorite breakfast is coco wheats!

And I am counting on several slow dances with my hubby at the wedding on Saturday.

Kim

Happy Birthday ldyjocelyn!!!

Happy Anniversary aikim and Mr. aikim!!!!

And that cake sounds yummmmmmmmy!!!! Send a piece to the north please!

Whereabouts in the Midwest are you?

Would you like a corner piece of cake with flowers?

Kim