#40: He simply makes me smile when I see him.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• He looks great, he looks happy and healhty...me likey, me happy!
    • He makes me go broke with a smile on my face!
    • He is excessively, endlessly, adorably CUTE!!!!!!!!
    • God the voice is gorgeous. I'll never take it for granted.
    • Break open those piggy banks! Remember - if you choose to rob a bank, just don't wear a Clay Aiken t-shirt!
    • Clay Aiken Makes His Triumphant Return!
    • Clay has some serious mojo!!!
    • He sings. He dances. He talks. He wears PANTS! verra, verra niiiicely. The rest is just noise!
    • Someone take the measure of that man!
    • Who CARES? He's hot!!!
    • But in the final analysis - he could be bald and I would still love him.
    • Is there ever enough Clay?
    • He's Clay, you know. The hotness intensifies as time goes by.

Regarding those of you who have lost power, do you not have gas bottles?

Yes we had them. They only work with outdoor grills so at least we could cook and heat water when it wasn't raining. The propane was hard to find after the storm and those grills are too expensive for some. A lot of folks were using charcoal. Some people had generators but ran out of petrol to run them.

I have a portable stainless-steel "burner"( can't think of the word for it) which you attach to a gas bottle and you simply use like a regular stove. They are totally portable and (I think) were designed for caravans. You need to be sure there is plenty of ventilation (i.e. don't keep the gas bottle in a closed cupboard). They cost around $100.00 for the ones that can be used indoors. Then there is the outdoor type that is popular for camping and other outdoor activities.

I used to get a lot of power-blackouts, and one time went without power for a couple of days due to a massive storm. I don't know how you guys cope with going for weeks without power. At least with the gas stove, you can have hot water for tea/coffee, hot baths and also immediately start cooking and eating the food in the freezer before you lose it all. It's the best $100 I have ever spent on a 'kitchen appliance'.

bugs_bunny.gifbugs_bunny.gifbugs_bunny.gif

Overture, curtain, lights
This is it, the night of nights
No more rehearsing and nursing a part
We know every part by heart
Overture, curtains, lights
This is it, we'll hit the heights
And oh what heights we'll hit
On with the show this is it
Tonight what heights we'll hit
On with the show this is it

thclayspamfox13.gif

thbottledancefromspamalot.gif

SpamalotClay173.jpg

BREAK A LEG, CLAY!

Good Morning Everyone,

Well, tonight's the night; Rehearsal Dinner and then the big day tomorrow; I can't believe how fast it got here. Have a million things to do today!

Oh, yeah and I seem to remember there is a Play premiere tonight...Clay Aiken in Spamalot, right? I will have to catch up after the dinner; I am sure I will be quite wound up and not ready to sleep for a while.

Regarding the hair, while I like the long hair, I wonder if his hair was getting dried out and damaged from all the coloring and it was necessary to cut it to get it back in shape...or maybe shorter is easier under the wig.

8 Days until Clay is Partying with Paula!

:yahoo:

29 Days until The BAF Gala!

35 Days until Clay is Roasting Matt Lauer!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Akim may we both have great weather tomorrow. It is suppose to be 80 here with not rain. Our rehearsal dinner was last night. I hope I remember all I need to do during the Mass.

I thought Clay looked great during the pictures. I am a little surprised about the hair. He looked thin and happy. Maybe he felt this is easier to deal with under the wigs. With him it will probably change within a short period of time.

gbmifan Best of luck to you tomorrow! It is supposed to be 80 and sunny here also, perfect!

I am wondering if one of the reasons for the shorter hair is that it may have been dried out and damaged from all the dyeing and he needed to cut it to get it back in shape...or maybe shorter is easier under the wigs?

But it grows fast and I am sure in a couple of weeks he will look totally different.

Kim

From canuck2010 at CV:

atotc.jpg

WOW! That is one handsome man.

Have a great day everyone! I'm off for a day in the mountains to visit a friend.

I am in lurve. :wub:

He looks like that AI kid's hunky older brother. Or, as I've seen him described elsewhere .... a DILF :hubbahubba:

Break a leg, you handsome hunk of man!!

is that a large pattern of some kind on his tie, or baby spit-up? :hysterical:

It's a SuperSeekret Code that he's going to be touring with Brad Paisley.

What?

:hysterical:

ETA:

gbfan and aikim hope all the wedding plans come together beautifully and you both enjoy the celebration!

Morning everyone! After only four hours of sleep last night, I'm bright eyed and bushy tailed...only not. Hee. While I'm disappointed that me being away from the computer last night did not result in a blog or a picture of Parker with his father, I'm very happy that it resulted in a new picture of Clay! EEEEEEEEEEEEE! Nice suit! Nice tie! Nice glasses! Hair? Uh, gotta get used to that again...but I'll love it by the end of the day today.

Thread title poll at the top of the page! Geez, it was my birthday, and I still have to work around here. LOL. At least I'm pretty sure the other admins will have to, you know, star the next thread...

Cotton -- BWAH! And I'd go to that show in a heartbeat...love me some Brad P.

Wheeee! My (okay, Mo Rocca's) thread title finally made it into the poll!

*shamelessly ho's for 'Someone take the measure of that man*

What if I promise an appropriate banner to accompany it???? :whistling-1:

Weather forecast for NYC for the next 7 days. YAY!!

Today

Sep 19 Sunny 69°/52° 10 %

Sat

Sep 20 Partly Cloudy 74°/56° 10 %

Sun

Sep 21 Mostly Sunny 79°/60° 10 %

Mon

Sep 22 Partly Cloudy 70°/56° 20 %

Tue

Sep 23 Sunny 67°/55° 10 %

Wed

Sep 24 Sunny 69°/57° 10 %

Thu

Sep 25 Mostly Cloudy 71°/58° 20 %

Woohoo! This is the Knight - again!!! SpamMe100x100.png Hee - they should add "more" in between the "now with" & "Clay Aiken" on the marquee sign this time!

marquis_may5-1.jpg

Remember - if you're entering the Spam bio contest at the OFC, the deadline is 11:59 PM EST tonight! killer_rabbit.gif

Four hours of sleep?! Sounds like you had a good birthday, ldyj! :ura: :trink4::Pogo0:

Forgot to add my best wishes for the weddings this weekend, gbmi & aikim! This must be THE weekend for weddings - I know of 4 other people also getting married tomorrow!

I liked your 'memo' about the cameras the other day, Kim! :cryingwlaughter:

Forgot to add my best wishes for the weddings this weekend, gbmi & aikim! This must be THE weekend for weddings - I know of 4 other people also getting married tomorrow!

September 20th is a good date for weddings. It is my 39th wedding anniversary tomorrow, but who's counting!

You'd think I was going to see Spam tonight the way I am excited today.

Thanks everyone for best wishes. Last night they should a dvd of pictures, that we had summitted to her sister, of them from birth to now. They finished it with the line to be continued and showed them outside their new home and a few pictures of the inside. They look so happy. They have dated 6 years and have been engaged since last Sept. Both at least are working. My DIL to be has not moved into the house yet, my husband teased my son that it looks like a bachelor pad right now but that is about to change. They are leaving on Monday for 10 days in Hawaii.

Broadworld.com

Clay Aiken Returns as 'Sir Robin' in Spamalot 9/19- 1/4

Clay Aiken Returns as 'Sir Robin' in Spamalot Tonight, 9/19

Friday, September 19, 2008; Posted: 7:00 AM - by BWW

Clay Aiken will return to the scene of his triumphant Broadway debut in the Tony Award-winning Best Musical, Monty Python's SPAMALOT this Fall. Clay's debut on Broadway earlier this year was met with wild enthusiasm from both his legion of fans and the New York press. He will reprise the role of 'Sir Robin ' at the Shubert Theatre from September 19 2008 - January 4 2009.

When he made his Broadway debut in SPAMALOT at the beginning of this year, Newsday said "Aiken is a charmer" and the Associated Press said that "Clay Aiken deftly handles supremely silly."

Clay Aiken became a music superstar following his success on the "American Idol" television series, and has sold more than six million albums; co-authored a best-selling book; and, played six sold-out concert tours, said "Since leaving SPAMALOT in May, jokes have just not been funny. Food has lost its taste. The grass is no longer green -- the sky no longer blue. And, babies WON'T stop crying!! I'm so excited about coming back to the funniest show in the world!"

This spring, Aiken released his fourth album, On My Way Here, his first album of original songs since his 2003 chart topping, double platinum debut Measure of a Man. On My Way Here's debut in Billboard Magazine's Top 5 continued his streak of all four of his albums having debuted in the Top 5.

Directed by Mike Nichols, who won his eighth Tony Award for his direction of the new musical, Monty Python's SPAMALOT has a book by Eric Idle, "lovingly ripped-off" from the screenplay of the Pythons' best- loved film, Monty Python and the Holy Grail by Graham Chapman, John Cleese, Terry Gilliam, Eric Idle, Terry Jones and Michael Palin. The music is by Eric Idle and John Du Prez.

Tickets are available online now at telecharge.com or by calling (212) 239-6200/(800) 432-7250.

Other members of the SPAMALOT creative team include Casey Nicholaw (choreography), multiple Olivier Award-winners Tim Hatley (sets and costumes) and Hugh Vanstone (lighting) and Acme Sound Partners.

Winning more awards than any other show in the 2005 Broadway Season, including the Tony Award for Best Musical and the Grammy Award for Best Cast Recording, SPAMALOT has set box office records since opening on Broadway to critical acclaim in March, 2005 at the flagship Shubert Theatre.

Monty Python's SPAMALOT is currently running in London's West End at the Palace Theatre and is also on National Tour around the US. Monty Python's SPAMALOT is produced by Boyett Ostar Productions, The Shubert Organization, Arielle Tepper, Stephanie McClelland/Lawrence Horowitz, Elan V. McAllister/Allan S. Gordon, Independent Presenters Network, Roy Furman, GRS Associates, Jam Theatricals, TGA Entertainment and Live Nation.

Playbill.com

"Idol" Finalist Aiken Returns to Broadway's Spamalot Sept. 19

"Idol" Finalist Aiken Returns to Broadway's Spamalot Sept. 19

By Andrew Gans

19 Sep 2008

"American Idol" finalist and new dad Clay Aiken returns to the Broadway company of Monty Python's Spamalot at the Shubert Theatre Sept. 19.

Aiken, who played a Jan. 18-May 4 stint in the Tony-winning musical, reprises his role as Sir Robin through Jan. 4, 2009.

Aiken joins a cast that currently features Michael Siberry, David Hibbard, Tom Deckman, Rick Holmes, Bradley Dean, Wally Dunn and Merle Dandridge as Lady of the Lake.

In a previous statement Aiken joked, "Since leaving Spamalot in May, jokes have just not been funny. Food has lost its taste. The grass is no longer green — the sky no longer blue. And, babies won't stop crying!! I'm so excited about coming back to the funniest show in the world!"

Aiken — who was bested by Ruben Studdard during the second season of "American Idol" — has gone on to sell more than six million albums, co-author a best selling book ("Learning to Sing: Hearing the Music in Your Life") and play six sold-out concert tours. He was a focus of the short-lived Off-Broadway musical Idol: The Musical and has appeared on "Ed," "Saturday Night Live" and "Scrubs."

Aiken released his fourth album, "On My Way Here," this past spring.

Spamalot features a book and lyrics by Eric Idle, music by John Du Prez and Eric Idle, direction by Mike Nichols, choreography by Casey Nicholaw and is based on the screenplay of "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" by Monty Python creators Graham Chapman, John Cleese, Terry Gilliam, Eric Idle, Terry Jones and Michael Palin.

The musical tells the tale of King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table on their quest from God for the Holy Grail — with a short stop in the dazzling Spam-filled land of Camelot.

Spamalot earned the 2005 Tony Award for Best Musical and took home honors for direction (Mike Nichols) and one of its stars (Sara Ramirez).

Spamalot celebrated its third anniversary on Broadway March 18.

On Broadway Spamalot plays Tuesday-Friday at 8 PM, Saturday at 2 and 8 PM and Sunday at 2 and 7 PM.

For more information visit www.montypythonsspamalot.com.

One more thing...

I've read a few SPECULATIONS that the reason the hair is semi-spiked is so Clay can return (or did return) to Scrubs for the finale. That would be way cool. But we'll just have to see, won't we?

SO, I can makethe deadline - how many times has Clay come in second?

AI (D101)

Billboard debut of ATDW(to Justin T.)

BC/EFA fundraising

that's all my brain can come up with at the moment

Not Clay personally, so you may not want to use it, but Spamalot's Broadway Cares contribution came second to Rent's.