#41: Clay Aiken Makes His Triumphant Return!

Couch Tomato

Thread Title  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What say ye - what's our new thread title?

• Life is short! Enjoy the Aiken!
    • We're still having fun, and you're still the one!
    • I hope he's just out there sinning right and left.
    • Yes, I will eat fish with blueberries or anything else he's touched.
    • Anarcho-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync omnivores for Clay Aiken
    • I am not going anywhere except to Spamalot.

Scarlett posting from play's computer:

He looked wonderful! There are should be more pictures coming up from toni7babe -- I only saw them from her camera's lcd screen but she was right in front of the stage door so the colors were great; the hair also looked better on her shots.

sigh....

Seeing him in those stage pics--all Sir Robin and beaming and whatnot...I wanna be there. I wanna see the play again and again. And just watch the man be himself while he's being Sir Robin. He's always there--whatever he's doing, whoever he's with...he's always there. Clay.

Five years later and I'm still dumbstruck by the effect he has on me. I am so happy that he's in my life.

Oh...and just in case y'all think I've forgotten my role here....I'm especially lovin' that second picture in the white pants. yum

sigh....

Seeing him in those stage pics--all Sir Robin and beaming and whatnot...I wanna be there. I wanna see the play again and again. And just watch the man be himself while he's being Sir Robin. He's always there--whatever he's doing, whoever he's with...he's always there. Clay.

Five years later and I'm still dumbstruck by the effect he has on me. I am so happy that he's in my life.

Ain't that the truth. I LOVE this set of pictures from Getty. He looks fabulous in all of them. I can't wait to get over there, now, and take it all in again....um...do with that last line what you will. :D

I woke up this morning at 7:30 (10:30 PM Friday in New York), something I never do....weekends or weekdays.....and I got right up and came in here to check out all the reports and wait for pictures and video. I was so worth it. Yes, muski, five years later still dumbstruck and happy. :wub:

Wheeeeeeee, it's started! Woke up far too early but couldn't resist the pull of coming down to the laptop to check out the pictures that I knew would be here. He looks fabulous! So happy to hear he was very very happy. I knew the Claynation would represent! I knew his return would be triumphant! Glad he made an appearance at the stage door, too.

I am off to Toronto for the weekend for some family stuff. Look forward to catching up with all the great Spam goings on when I get home tomorrow evening. Have fun, y'all!

ETA from Toni7babe at CH:

EEEEEEEEEEEE!! What a Knight!!!!

I am beat but here are two quick pics, more tomorrow!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/ton.../IMG_7991-2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/ton...02/IMG_7998.jpg

And some stagedoor clack has been vaulted:

Thanks to clamelia for this.

CLACKUNLIMITED LINK FOR KEYLESS (use ONLY if you do not have a key):

Spamalot Stagedoor

From clayngel at CB via CH:

Oh my gosh!!

I just got home and I am still coming down from a mega Clay-high!

He was AMAZING! For only one day of rehearsal the man did everything perfectly. He really looked like he was having the time of his life. I think he really loved being back on stage and seeing the fans. And we definitely showed him the love! Everyone was on the edge of their seats before the show started, just waiting until we got to see him again. And then word started spreading through the theater that Clay blogged and that he told everyone that he loved us and that just took the emotion in the theater to an even higher level. As soon as the lights went down everyone just started cheering like crazy!

He seemed to be experimenting with some new things to add to his role and he was just hysterical. During the part when god talks to the knights Clay just stayed down on his knees with his face covered and then just played up the whole "quail" sequence. He was flirting a lot with all of the girls on stage and the comraderie between him and David, Tom and Rick was obvious. They all looked like they were having so much fun!

The new king plays the part a lot differently than Jonathan and while Merle has a great voice, she is no Hannah. The two of them seemed to be slightly out of sync with everyone else, but I'm sure after a few weeks they will all be on the same page.

There was a huge crowd at the stage door. Clay looked adorable in his dark blue Carolina sweatshirt and sweatpants! He looked so young! The new hair is definitely a throw back to 2003-2004 and it looks great. He signed as much as he could and before going in stopped to take pictures with a girl in a wheelchair. The young girl was thrilled and shaking afterwards. It was so sweet! It's no wonder that we love him so much!

It was so great being back at the Shubert and just being there and seeing everyone again felt like coming home. Clay has brought this family together and it was so amazing to have a reunion tonight and have everyone back together again. This is only the beginning! The next 4 months are going to be amazing!!

This is my really bad SD video....I did my best but wasn't up front tonight!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/2tegsj

WOW thanks so much for all these wonderful pics, and videos! I can't believe we have so much clack so quickly!

Clay looks absolutely fantastic! I agree,Couchie, he looks years younger than he did 8 months ago. I think it's the hair and a slimmer body that takes years off him. And yes the wig does look like it's had a trim - it looks just great, just reminds me so much of Idol Clay when he looked so wonderful.

Thanks also for the early recaps! Can't wait for MORE!

bottle, you do the back of Clay's front verra verra niiiiiiiiicely. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

He looks fantastic! Like AI Clay's older, hotter, hunky brother. I wonder if those shoes have laces? *phew* it IS hot in here. Is there any other guy who could go from Mr. GQ (Premiere photos and video) to dapper Sir Robin, to stage door 30-but-I-look-17 hottie in the space of 24 hours?

WE ARE SO FREAKIN' LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!

ETA: I love Jerome's jeans. He is one big dude!!! Is it wrong of me to wish one day he'd run over into some of these scumbags in a nice secluded alley?

Bookwhore, to answer your question near the end of the last thread....

We have Spam tickets for January 4. You ordered them, remember? Check the rooster lamp. While I didn't tell you and JaMar yet, I snagged some very reasonable rooms for that night in case we wanted to play late. I can always cancel them if we decide we won't need them.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

I hope we can meet up with some FCA folks there!

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee love taking my bahtroom roon and accidenly tripping over the computer and finding new clack

And I love a happy happy bottle

At work I can't stop to click on links so this might have been posted and I just missed it but it never hurts to post again..

Clay at the other play opening

Defintely Duckyv.... we'll see each other weeeeeeeeeeee. Ahem...I'm going to go add your names to the Carmines list heh... I hope you're coming to that!! See how presumptious I am!! And I know ya'll will tell me if I'm being presumptious.

ok back to bed..it's saturday!!

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee love taking my bahtroom roon and accidenly tripping over the computer and finding new clack

Huh? :huh:

And I love a happy happy bottle

oh? Bottle, what bottle? Who's happy, you or the bottle? :all_coholic:

At work I can't stop to click on links so this might have been posted and I just missed it but it never hurts to post again..

Who's that girl in the video that looks like she's his caretaker...

EEEEEEEEEE!!! I'm lovin' all of the new clack.

Thanks for the link to the CB pictures, cindilu. This one kills me - gah!!! He's so happy, and cuuuute! It's a smile of joy, with sparkling eyes. :flirtysmile3:

(I couldn't resist - it's my new avi!)

IMG_8002-1.jpg

I don't think this one has been posted here - heeee - he's having so much fun!

clay-curtain-call.jpg

Wow..beautiful pics and great blog from Broadway.com!!!

He does look so much younger in the SD pictures...but his pictures during the premiere were so gorgeous too. I don't automatically love glasses pictures...but these were simply perfect. It made him looks so much more mature and debonair.

I am looking forward to meeting many FCAers in Jan. Couchie and I will be exploring the city after the 4th and staying till the 8th. I have decided not to read any reports on Clay;s performance. I wan't to be surprised on Jan 3...my first show!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

More gorgeous pics of King Aiken here on the CB thread...

:lilredani: courtesy of toni7babe

A sample...

IMG_7991-3.jpg

Good gah.

He looks sooooo young! And CUTE! Let's not forget CUTE!