#41: Clay Aiken Makes His Triumphant Return!

Couch Tomato

Thread Title  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What say ye - what's our new thread title?

• Life is short! Enjoy the Aiken!
    • We're still having fun, and you're still the one!
    • I hope he's just out there sinning right and left.
    • Yes, I will eat fish with blueberries or anything else he's touched.
    • Anarcho-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync omnivores for Clay Aiken
    • I am not going anywhere except to Spamalot.

Verra, verra :bday: to Manderly!

Welcom back, 00lsee! :hello:

Haven't read anywhere else, but my opinion is that Clay doesn't, and shouldn't, give a hoot, a tinker's damn, or a rats ass what any of our opinions are about his son. When Jaymes and Clay feel like showing off the baby they will. I'm sure they are both extremely proud. When they want to shield him from the public, which will probably be most of the time, they have the means to do that. But proud parents generally like people to see their babies! I'm not one to go for extremes in any case, neither overprotection nor license, but believe that parents capable of making rational decisions can raise their children as they see fit, and without thumbs up or down from the gallery.

I also dislike too much career talk. First, as I've held to for a couple of years now, I don't think planning his career is our business at all. It's HE HIMSELF I'm crazy about and however he wants to structure his career, whether long-term or spontaneously, I'm taking the ride, and I don't need advance notice to adjust. I think too much career talk opens worm cans and sticky wickets and such. It's very simple for me. I just love him, and that magical voice, and his face, and his eyes, and his heart, and his mind. Very simple.

OOOOH strong opinions and the very opinions that drew a few of us together originally.

I don't mind career talk as long as it is recognized that we don't know jack shit about Clay's contract or how things really work in the offices of RCA and that these are only passing thoughts/opinions not the definitive solutions to everything. I have always enjoyed conspiracy theories in a fun way until it came to this fandom and it has pretty much spoiled that pasttime for me. When people start repeating misstatements over and over until they become the final absolute truth, ARGH. I will appreciate the fandom more when people actually recognized that the whole world is not out to subvert and hide Clay's talent and we can just enjoy him when we see him and ignore the crap and stop hurting so many people by declaring them bad fans. Performers need fans, even if I don't like someone, every additional fan is an additional sale. Driving out fans does not help anyone except the ego of the person who drove them out. no one wins and Clay loses every.single.time.

Things I have learned from owning a dog - rewarding good behavior is more effective than punishing bad behavior - so I ignore idiots on the internet and give hits to positive mentions - always. Rewarding good behavior consistantly is a good thing (tm. Martha Stewart - who also owns dogs along with Clay and many others) Then there is speaking simply and clearly. I only have long complex conversations with my dog to amuse myself, the dog does not care.

ooh, yes, and it would also be nice if some people recognized that sometimes the insiders just hear pieces of things and they are either misinterpreted or misheard more often than not. While parts of stuff may come true, rarely does it come true the way it was initially presented

Apologies to Akim, my computer kept crashing yesterday when I was trying to get that clip, so I never got to photo bucket to get a birthday thingie, and I am off now, so I won't be getting one for Manderley.

KF, you need to get that Clip for Fear, I have to leave now.

Brava to your whole post, keepingfaith! I feel the same as you and most of the people on this board. Clay's career is his business and as long as he keeps it active enough so I can get to see him once in awhile, I'm a happy camper. I want him to be happy and content and fulfilled with his life and if that includes entertaining us, then what more could anyone want?

Haven't read anywhere else, but my opinion is that Clay doesn't, and shouldn't, give a hoot, a tinker's damn, or a rats ass what any of our opinions are about his son. When Jaymes and Clay feel like showing off the baby they will. I'm sure they are both extremely proud. When they want to shield him from the public, which will probably be most of the time, they have the means to do that. But proud parents generally like people to see their babies! I'm not one to go for extremes in any case, neither overprotection nor license, but believe that parents capable of making rational decisions can raise their children as they see fit, and without thumbs up or down from the gallery.

I also dislike too much career talk. First, as I've held to for a couple of years now, I don't think planning his career is our business at all. It's HE HIMSELF I'm crazy about and however he wants to structure his career, whether long-term or spontaneously, I'm taking the ride, and I don't need advance notice to adjust. I think too much career talk opens worm cans and sticky wickets and such. It's very simple for me. I just love him, and that magical voice, and his face, and his eyes, and his heart, and his mind. Very simple.

:yess:

Things I have learned from owning a dog - rewarding good behavior is more effective than punishing bad behavior - so I ignore idiots on the internet and give hits to positive mentions - always. Rewarding good behavior consistantly is a good thing (tm. Martha Stewart - who also owns dogs along with Clay and many others) Then there is speaking simply and clearly. I only have long complex conversations with my dog to amuse myself, the dog does not care.

I totally agree about rewarding good behavior. Yes, yes, yes! Works with kids, too. I hit up those sites that have good stuff about Clay, and ignore the rest. My little 'behavior modification' contribution probably doesn't make a lot of difference, but it makes a big difference if a lot of fans do it.

djs111

Heeeee.....I remember impassioned posts about how horrible it was for Clay to have a dog!

You have got to be kidding!! I am amazed. How could any fans who cared about him could say that? Now I wasn't a fan back then but having seen numerous photos and vids of Clay with Raleigh, it was obvious to me that he was so happy to have a dog to love and a dog who returned that love.

You know, I'm not sure what to expect from this interview with Clay, but I actually hope there is no Parker appearance or picture. I'm sure he'll be asked or will offer information about him, but unless Clay really WANTS to show off his son, I don't need a picture. I'm much more interested in what he's thinking for his music in the near future---tour? :praying: ---more tv appearances singing for MEEEEEEEEEEEEE? :praying: ---more funny stories about old men hitting him with their canes in airports? :praying: ---hilarious behind-the-scenes tidbits from Spamalot? :praying:

I continue to remember Clay being so passionate in his declaration that he was going to 'take his life back'---I just want him to be happy following through on that... :wub:

Nope...your eyes are perfectly fine---this is muskifest quoting muskifest :P After reading the last couple of pages re: the interview, I just wanted to recheck what I'd originally said...yep...I said what I meant. I don't need a picture of Parker. Clay might or might not share one. Lawd Jesus! Can't you just imagine if there IS one? There'll be pages and pages of posts deconstructing the baby--his nose, eyes, cheekbones (Do babies that young have cheekbones yet? :huh: ), etc.---that looks like Clay, he has Jaymes' mouth, etc.! Oy! and Hee.... :cryingwlaughter:

I want entertaining Clay--the guy with the funny stories and observations and communicative facial expressions. I want soulful Clay--the man with the heart open to the world. I want talented Clay---that performer who can do it all, given the chance. I want....hell. I just want Clay! He's all that and more, and he doesn't try to be anybody else, so it's all good for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :dancing3:

Ah...today we have a staff 'retreat'...yuck and gag. Same ole' same ole' elephant in the room that everybody trips over and talks around but that danged pachyderm always lumbers back to our office with us anyway for another year. :rolleyes: :glare:

But it's a gorgeous day here so I'm good. AND I woke up this morning realizing that I'll be able to enjoy GMA undisturbed Thursday & Friday in my hotel room while I'm on my business trip! :yess:

Happy Birthday, manderly! :giveflowers:

And Cotton! Woman, don't go 'round hitting yourself, honey! I kinda like having you around!

I totally agree about rewarding good behavior. Yes, yes, yes! Works with kids, too. I hit up those sites that have good stuff about Clay, and ignore the rest. My little 'behavior modification' contribution probably doesn't make a lot of difference, but it makes a big difference if a lot of fans do it.

I agree. Per the part I bolded, IMO, the biggest difference it makes is to YOU*. I think some people have completely forgotten that this is supposed to be fun.

*Disclaimer - that's a general 'YOU', not pointing fingers at Gibby, or anyone else for that matter. :)

djs111
Heeeee.....I remember impassioned posts about how horrible it was for Clay to have a dog!

You have got to be kidding!! I am amazed. How could any fans who cared about him could say that? Now I wasn't a fan back then but having seen numerous photos and vids of Clay with Raleigh, it was obvious to me that he was so happy to have a dog to love and a dog who returned that love.

Oh, Clay was on the road too much to take care of a dog, the dog would be alone or miserable being boarded somewhere, the dog would be confused, blah-blah-blah.

Play rewarding the good sites is always good. I've written very few letter's on Clay's behalf but all but one has been just a simple thank you for a wonderful informative interview.

Tizzy? I don't see Tizzys that much anymore. Thank God.

I wrote one letter one time -- to American Idol the day after the AI2 Finale. I told them I was unable to get a line to vote for Clay during the entire evening, and that I'd never vote for another contestant on their show ever, ever again. And I haven't.

Tizzy? Is that like a Hissy?

Fear ... Your sis has kicked the ball to you on "I Love You, Diane" -- although I agree it should be her deal all the way! Ha! You two, I'm trying to come up with a combined sisters name --- Fear of Playing? Play in H20? Waterbill?

I'm back from St. Louis and have a serious cold. I've been snorting and sniffing and moaning all night.

Crap.

Playbiller It would be great to get together with you. I'm HOPING that only the Saturday shows during the Gala will be cancelled. (PLEASE, GOD!!!!)

I so hope the news about GMA is true. I remember the picture I saw of Diane giving Clay a big hug after the interview. I know she really cares about him, so I'll be very happy if he gives her an exclusive interview. She and her husband have been very good to Clay.

Amazingly, I don't look nearly as much as like the Bride of Frankenstein this morning as I expected! :cryingwlaughter:

Kim, I see I have 25 days for my lovely blunt force trauma to heal. <_<

Blunt force trauma, huh? So that's what it's called?? {{{Cotton}}}

I injured myself 6 weeks before my daughter's wedding in 2002, which gave me 30-some stitches in my forehed. I had to change my hairdo somwhat to cover it!

I started taking photos of me every day to document the changes, as my eye turned from black to purple to yellow and finally back to normal!!

I hope 25 days is enough time for you Cotton!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I'm in the camp where I don't really care to predict what Clay will do with his career, or give advice as to what he should have done.

I just want to enjoy and savor what he does.

:013085001176249046:

Fear ... Your sis has kicked the ball to you on "I Love You, Diane" -- although I agree it should be her deal all the way! Ha! You two, I'm trying to come up with a combined sisters name --- Fear of Playing? Play in H20? Waterbill?

I have that video, too, not sure how long it would take me to find it, tho.

It's not on youtube? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I would like you to join with me in the passing of something very special. My mindspring email address. I was so attached that for 3 years although it was filled with nothing but spam I still paid 3.85 a month to keep it. Now that that is a gallon of gas I think I can let it go. Rest in peace Mindspring.

That was so hard. :cryingwlaughter:

Clay being a good guest, notwithstanding - Rachel Ray is freakin' annoying. Eek Sammies? I can usually sit here and work with the tv on and just not hear it...but gah, like nails on a chalkboard.

And ahem...subject, Clay Aiken's voice is soothing and good for my ears and I can listen to him talk, sing, read, laugh and it's all good.

Okay, now I'm happy.

I sure watched a few great videos to find it. One I was looking for and didn't find was the first time Clay was on GMA and Diane fell into his arms while she was telling him how tall he was. I'll look on the other hard drive when I come home.

Today's son #2's birthday and I'd better find him something. He always likes an itunes gift card so off to Costco. Back later.

Hee! My mom just left me a voicemail, all excited, while I was in a meeting saying that she called her home phone from work a bit ago and didn't get the "your call did not go through..." recording, but her answering machine picked up! That means she finally has electricity again! :whoo: