#41: Clay Aiken Makes His Triumphant Return!

Couch Tomato

Thread Title  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What say ye - what's our new thread title?

• Life is short! Enjoy the Aiken!
    • We're still having fun, and you're still the one!
    • I hope he's just out there sinning right and left.
    • Yes, I will eat fish with blueberries or anything else he's touched.
    • Anarcho-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync omnivores for Clay Aiken
    • I am not going anywhere except to Spamalot.

Yeah, Cotton, those striped socks are a hoot!

Hey, keepingfaith, you and I chose the same avatar! :) You posted with the avatar right after I did. He has a gorgeous smile, doesn't he? I edited mine a bit so they don't look exactly alike.

More from this afternoon's stage door:

spam_092008_mat1.jpg

spam_092008_mat2.jpg

spam_092008_mat3.jpg

spam_092008_mat4.jpg

spam_092008_mat5.jpg

It's good to see Shubert Alley back to normal! :)

Still an impressive stage door crowd! Thanks for posting it annabear.

Oh...and just in case y'all think I've forgotten my role here....I'm especially lovin' that second picture in the white pants. yum

I would worry about you if you didn't comment *g*.

More from Scarlett (play took pity on me and went to bed)... this is several hours too late but Awww, what a blog! ... and now I need to go read back on why he had a picture with Frank Wildhorn (!)... .

That is an intriguing duo. IIRC, Frank hasn't had that much success on Broadway, particularly with The Civil War. Interesting fellow for Clay to be photographed with at the Tale of Two Cities opening. Evidently, one of the stars of the play, Brandi Burkhardt, is now Wildhorn's fiance (he was previously married to Linda Eder).

ETA: From Wikipedia -

In 1999, Wildhorn became the first American composer in twenty two years to have three shows running simultaneously on Broadway: Jekyll & Hyde at the Plymouth Theatre, The Scarlet Pimpernel at the Minskoff, and The Civil War at the St. James Theatre.

Despite having three of his musicals running simultaneously on Broadway, none of them turned a profit and, so far, Frank Wildhorn's productions have lost $20 million on broadway.[1]

Wildhorn is engaged to Brandi Burkhardt, best known for playing the role of Siren on Passions.

In the popular music arena, Wildhorn has worked with such artists as Stacy Lattisaw, Natalie Cole, Kenny Rogers, Trisha Yearwood, Tracy Lawrence, Trace Adkins, Patti LaBelle, Dennis DeYoung and Linda Eder, to whom he was married. His Where Do Broken Hearts Go? was an international number one hit for Whitney Houston in the late 1980s.

Hi all. I'm at lilyshine's catching up. We stopped at Koozina's on the way back from the airport. Remember when we went there for the Canandaigua concert? My trip was uneventful except for seeing Carrie Underwood at the Detroit airport. That was kind of exciting. She's petite and very pretty, and has her own mini-Jerome.

I'm pooped. I hope I can get to sleep early so I can coordinate my sleep patterns with hers. She's an early riser, and I'm not. Usually.

Later. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Jerome's been hanging around Clay Aiken too long!

I noticed in last night's and today's video - the man is wearing AT LEAST THREE LAYERS!!!!

And with that - I bid you good night!

I'm too tired to wait up for reports.

My luck, Jaymes and Parker will show up and I'll miss it!!!

:hysterical:

:nightienight:

Ah, Scarlett just called and said the other knights sang Amen with Clay tonight. She also said they did an abbreviated stage door tonight, down to 3 panels only, but Clay was talking to the fans, I guess we will all hear when she gets back in the very near future.

Thanks for passing along the 'Amen' report, play. I wonder if they sang it just as Clay did, in kind of a bluesy style? When I heard it he didn't sing the traditional Amen, but actually sang 10 notes with a dotted rhythm.

No prob, Gibby. I'll change mine. Anybody have Sir Robin with a lipbite yet? Or maybe this one ....

You didn't have to change it, kf! We could have the same avi. But I really like the one you chose instead!

And I'm getting a lot of enjoyment out of this picture!

tn-500_30.jpg

You really like his smile in that pic, right? No???? It's something else?? Hmmmmmm . . . oh, I got it!! :naughtywag:

(Scarlett)

Finally home after play rescued me from getting off at the wrong bus station, while we were without cell phone contact. (she figured it out when she saw my bus drive by without seeing me get off. thanks, play :thankyou: )

They didn't sing Amen together, Clay sang it first and then the other knights answered. Gibby, that's a pretty accurate description I think.

EVERYONE, Clay fans and non-Clay fans joined the standing ovation tonight. The Spam fan / non-Clay fan behind us was practically ROTFL all night and so were other Spam fans across the aisle.

There will be gorgeous pictures and at least 2 complete Stage door videos from tonight (vids from xxx4clay and AmerAikenInTexas).

More tomorrow... :offtobed:

ETA:

That is an intriguing duo. IIRC, Frank hasn't had that much success on Broadway, particularly with The Civil War. Interesting fellow for Clay to be photographed with at the Tale of Two Cities opening. Evidently, one of the stars of the play, Brandi Burkhardt, is now Wildhorn's fiance (he was previously married to Linda Eder).

ETA: From Wikipedia -

In 1999, Wildhorn became the first American composer in twenty two years to have three shows running simultaneously on Broadway: Jekyll & Hyde at the Plymouth Theatre, The Scarlet Pimpernel at the Minskoff, and The Civil War at the St. James Theatre.

Despite having three of his musicals running simultaneously on Broadway, none of them turned a profit and, so far, Frank Wildhorn's productions have lost $20 million on broadway.[1]

Wildhorn is engaged to Brandi Burkhardt, best known for playing the role of Siren on Passions.

In the popular music arena, Wildhorn has worked with such artists as Stacy Lattisaw, Natalie Cole, Kenny Rogers, Trisha Yearwood, Tracy Lawrence, Trace Adkins, Patti LaBelle, Dennis DeYoung and Linda Eder, to whom he was married. His Where Do Broken Hearts Go? was an international number one hit for Whitney Houston in the late 1980s.

I wonder what possibilities this might have -- could Clay be the lucky charm for Frank? I've heard more than one person say that Clay is their male equivalent of Linda. Me, I'd be thrilled to even just hear an full mp3 of either Sarah or This is The Moment or Once Upon A Dream or even The World Has Gone Insane(!)

Tonight I watched some of the Bob Saget roast on Comedy Central. I say some because I kept switching channels when the language got just too gross. You know I still get amazed that this stuff is considered funny, let alone allowed on TV.

I googled Bob Saget and read that he is known to have a very foul mouth and then saw with some dismay that he is one of the "comics" who will be roasting Matt Lauer.

I am also dismayed at my reaction, I thought that my protective maternal feelings for Clay had been replaced by lustful admiration of his handsome self.

Speaking of his handsome self, I am loving the photos and videos posted of the SD. He is looking just fine.

Good Morning Everyone,

The wedding was absolutely beautiful; my DD3 has all the pictures on her camera so as soon as I can get her out of bed, I will have her upload some so I can post them.

We had to be at the church by noon for pictures; they decided to take all the pictures before the wedding rather than after; so no traditional "not seeing the bride until wedding"; but it really was a good idea...less hectic afterward.

No major glitches during the ceremony; just a song out of order, but no big deal. I made it down the aisle without tripping, LOL...I was ushered in by the groom and of course, the first thing he said to me was "don't cry"...only got sniffly twice...when Mark was walking her down the aisle and then at the end when they went to both parents with flowers and to get hugs. And then of course, outside I went over to see my MIL and she was crying which got me going.

Emily looked beautiful and very happy (actually, I think more relieved that it was finally over; it has been a busy 5 months!)

The happy couple left the church in the groom's parent's corvette which was very classy and again, so non-traditional.

The reception was two hours after the service so we went to my sister's house who lived close by and had a nice time visiting with everyone. I had not seen my one sister in 4 years, so it was nice to have us all together again.

A fun time was had by all at the reception; high heels came off as soon as I got there and then more visiting and catching up.

The Daddy/Daughter dance was "I Loved Her First" by Heartland sniff.gif

I got my one slow dance for the year with my hubby (he does not dance) and then just watched everyone else having a good time.

No Clay except they played "When I See You Smile"...not by him and whoever sang it was not very good.

But everyone had a great time...it just flies by so fast. We will be heading out to the happy couple's house this afternoon to bring Trixie (her dog) back to her...she was at our house yesterday with a sitter. It will be nice to sit and talk without the constant interruptions and loud music.

Have caught up as much as I can with the Spamalot news; sounds like a good time was had by all and he looked wonderful. Very happy and I think, very relaxed...you can really tell a difference between the pictures now and the ones the first time around...still haven't watched any clack, but I will get to that soon!

Thanks for all the well-wishes!

Kim

Checking in quickly before I head to the new Brides house for brunch in an hour. We did not get home to 2:30am. I am dead this morning. Hey, my heels lasted to the mother/son dance then I switched to another pair of shoes. Everything went great. They had a very good band, but they were to loud for the room, and my ears were hurting. They did have great voices.

Love the pictures and the video from Spam. He is so gorgeous.

Check in later.

It is his spirit, the joy makes him beautiful. It comes put through his skin

Aww, I think that sums it as well as anything, Play. :F_05BL17blowkiss: Sorry you were sitting next to some who, after 5 freakin' years, still just don't get it.

Glad to hear the good news about the wedding, aikim! Looking forward to seeing some pics when you can post them. ETA: Glad to hear your son's wedding went well too, gbmifan!

Busy weekend here with mom and a friend (who are still without power) visiting, homework, work, the usual household chores, and of course keeping up with Sir Robin - my sanity check! HA HA (tm Clay)

LOVE that freckled eyelid close-up pic! :flirtysmile3:

Aikim, I'm glad that everything went so well at the wedding and reception! I'm looking forward to pictures.

gbmifan, will we get to see any of your pics? I'd love to see them!

Wow, Clay looks sooooo happy at the stage door this weekend! Last time he usually looked so serious. He had a lot going on, between the album and being concerned about Jaymes' pregnancy. I loooove the big, gorgeous smiles this time!

Glad to read that our two wedding mothers, aikim and gbmifan, had such good reports!

As another local, I can say that aikim could not have had more perfect weather than yesterday. The family is so lucky that they didn't choose last weekend when the once in a century storm hit.

I think more relieved that it was finally over; it has been a busy 5 months!

Amen.

annabear, so sorry to read that your mom still doesn't have power! Thank goodness she at least had some time at your place.

Ooops Pins arrived this morning to Scarletts great releif, she though she would have to come back for another round of Spamalot. I am trying to talk her back for a generic play weekend, with one spamalot thrown in.

Wow you got yours on a Monday after being mailed on a Saturday and it took Monday to Saturday to get hers. WHEW. Glad they arrived.

SWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON. He looks fantastic.

Sorry you were sitting next to some who, after 5 freakin' years, still just don't get it.

I know. Little cottage industry set up to protect Clay Aiken at all costs. Meanwhile, as they worry and allow their being to be filled with utter darkness and slime, Clay is having the freakin' time of his life. Look at that face. That's how we all should look as we go about life, but especially when you're doing something supposedly, you know, fun?

Awww Kim, thanks for the pictures. Hey those bridesmaids dresses were pretty cute. Glad both of the FCA weddings went off without a hitch!!