#41: Clay Aiken Makes His Triumphant Return!

Couch Tomato

Thread Title  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What say ye - what's our new thread title?

• Life is short! Enjoy the Aiken!
    • We're still having fun, and you're still the one!
    • I hope he's just out there sinning right and left.
    • Yes, I will eat fish with blueberries or anything else he's touched.
    • Anarcho-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync omnivores for Clay Aiken
    • I am not going anywhere except to Spamalot.

I had to come back home after being at the OFC for far too long. The one poster that you've mentioned who is continually posting Bible interpretations was actually someone that I had liked and respected before this, even if I hadn't always agreed with her. Now, I am just so stunned because she reminds me so much of my sister, who I no longer speak to by the way. They seem to believe that they have a lock on morality and can impose it on everyone else, doing it for that person's own good. The people who keep hitting people over the head with their quotations are like someone who reads a book or watches a movie and instead of seeing the message are more concerned that the drapes don't match the carpet. Stop looking at someone's damn chin hair and start looking at the whole person for God's sake.

Oh, and Jaymes rocks. And I love seeing so many posts from posters here over there and I love Clay more every single day. He is far more accepting of his fans than some of them are of him. Have no idea how he does it cuz I'm getting a headache.

Totally on board with you wanda. And they are extrapolating his one 'lie' - the one he told for self-preservation - until somehow everything else he's done is questioned. HE DOES NOT DESERVE THAT. He's proven himself over and over and over again. If I read 'oh but if he lied about this...' one more time, I may hurt somebody.

Oh, please, let me help you.

I SO HOPE Clay starts dating publicly (probably won't happen). It would do my heart good to see some of these people just crap themselve.

Totally on board with you wanda. And they are extrapolating his one 'lie' - the one he told for self-preservation - until somehow everything else he's done is questioned. HE DOES NOT DESERVE THAT. He's proven himself over and over and over again. If I read 'oh but if he lied about this...' one more time, I may hurt somebody.

I SO HOPE Clay starts dating publically (probably won't happen). It would do my heart good to see some of these people just crap themselve.

I'd love to see this too especially if he gets a boyfriend as cute as Neil Patrick Harris'.

And since I hate downloading crap, is there anyone who has already downloaded a lot of the stuff at the CH from the entertainment and late night shows? Or is there anyone willing to do the dirty work and just let me know what the gist of them say? I already heard enough about the E! one with JP to know I don't need to know anymore of that one. I'd appreciate it.

Also I just bought a ticket to Clay's closing show and I know I saw something about getting together. Is there a way I can get in on that? I'd really like to meet so many of you because so many here have enlightened me, entertained me, and touched me.

Lord, why couldn't Clay have come out over the summer when I didn't have classes and I was bored. Now I'm trying to study and keep up with the political news but instead I'm on the boards like some kind of addict.

I SO HOPE Clay starts dating publically (probably won't happen). It would do my heart good to see some of these people just crap themselve.

Heheh, me too.

So I think I missed the part where he blamed the fans for perpetuating the 'myth' that he was straight. I heard him say he didn't intend to lie, and he tried his best. I know he said he 'let people think what they want' - but now he's being accused of blaming 'us' for thinking he was straight? I missed that. I won't say he's trying to dance a little but jeezaloo - cut the guy some slack, at least until such time as he can 'speak' to us again. He's earned that much (IMO)

Just read Jaymes' comment. YOU GO, GIRL!!! I just love that woman!

something new? can you post the number please?

laljeterfan...sorry if you feel that others are attacking you. I can understand why you would feel that way but as I read through the board I suspect most of these people talking about lies and trust issues are basing their comments on things they read on the OFC. From your posts its clear that you are trying to work through things and understand the issues ... I don't think that is what bothers some.

Scarlett is so wise. ITA that a lot of our reactions are based on our life experiences. I have been surrounded by family that are gay out and proud and those that are in the closet. I had an Ucle that died deep in that closet. I have a brother that never came out to me but I know he is gay and he probably knows I know but most of the family are still waiting for him to meet the right girl. So I know how hard it is for a gay man to come out so i was pretty mush ready to forgive him

laljeterfan...I also believed him and I really thought, based on his reactions to Angela, Mary from Cary, and Tyra that he is straight. I didn't even only base it on what he said but from my observation of him. But when the news about Parker came out...I was pretty much ready for anything, specially with his emphasis that Jaymes was his good friend. I am just not a very black and white person. I think everything is simply different shades of gray...so the technicality of the lie is very small when compared to the complexity and difficulty of coming out of the closet in a most public way.

I do believe that he is basically a man of integrity. If he wasn't then he would've tried to hide behind fake relationships. But he was always Clay...never changing his mannerisms...always candid about his no relationship status...I don;t think he ever intended to keep hiding who he is. He just needed time to get to the point in his life when he was ready..

About the timing of the announcement...this cannot be planned according to a marketing scheme or what would be best for the fandom. Only one timetable can be followed, his own comfort zone. Why didn't this happen at any other time...its because he was not ready until now.

I loved his interviews...what a role model he was for all. I am amazed at how willing he is to put other people's feelings and peace of mind before his own. What an incredible human being.

Paula's Party report so far: He's adorable, as usual. Yes, Paula is mostly "Idol" focuses, but that's OK by me. She's charming with him, he's charming with her.

I missed seeing him on my TV like this.

Oh, and they have mentioned Spamalot, and shown two pictures!

Nutcases.

They've taken every little thing Clay has said and done and twisted it into something MORE they can rant about.

It's totally sick. It's like there's some massive hysterical martyr camp over there.

Yesterday it was fan wars that were vile.

Today, it seems the Bible beaters are getting vile.

I grew up Methodist in the South and I never even heard of gay sex until - I don't know - in college maybe?

I am astounded at some of the preaching going on there.

DH and I went to an . . . wait for it . . . Irish Italian Festival in North Mytle Beach today! :cryingwlaughter:

Is that odd or what?

It was pretty puny, but we had some good food. Heard some Irish music and saw some step dancers. Closest thing to Italian we saw was a Papa John's booth!!! :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter:

Anyway, just in case anyone thought I was missing cuz I'm mad at Clay or anything. I'm still here!

And - yeah, if I weren't so jealous of Jaymes, I just might have a girl crush on her! I like that she's being outspoken. She rocks! I'm glad Clay has her in his life!

By the way, y'all did see the " "'s I put around :lied" last night, right?

I don't think the man lied anymore than I think he was going to call me up and warn me that he was coming out in People Magazine.

And hell, I don't care if he is gay, I still . . .

:013085001176249046:

I think when Clay does finally date publicly we're going to through this all over again. God forbid he comes to California and get married. BWAH. No heads will be rolling every other month from here on out..in other words, just like last week.

I feel guilty because I just can't go to the OFC anymore. I just can't. This is my MO for this fandom. When the ATDW bullshit got too much I pretty much went from a postho on several boards to hunkering down here at FCA. And I got to the point where I just didn't give a crap what the rest of the fandom was thinking or saying. And I'm going to stick to that because it makes me happy. I care above everyone here - the people I know - I just can not worry about the greater fandom and how that will shake out for Clay. So I thank you guys who are able to take it. I will cheerlead for you from here. Just keep me posted on my girlfriend heh.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Clay on my TV.he looked cute ... Bakin' with Aiken.. love him.

Clay's segment is over....

Several mentions about the album, which is nice.

Now, you gotta remember that he was making Blue Crusted Bass with Blueberry Sauce while talking to her, but to me, that's what made it so damn charming. The man is NOT a cook, so he was learning from her. OTOH, it was decided that Paula definitely has the bigger accent that Clay. LOL

Gay or not, the man still makes me laugh like a schoolgirl. I love him.

Just read Jaymes' comment. YOU GO, GIRL!!! I just love that woman!

something new? can you post the number please?

Here you go, ansa:

Taking a 15 minute work break & found Jaymes posted again at the OFC. I'm still in agreement with her. Link to post: # 7697

Now back to work... :clay:

Paula's Party report so far: He's adorable, as usual. Yes, Paula is mostly "Idol" focuses, but that's OK by me. She's charming with him, he's charming with her.

I missed seeing him on my TV like this.

Oh, and they have mentioned Spamalot, and shown two pictures!

OMG! He's still CUTE! :flirtysmile3: And totally clueless about cooking! :hysterical:

So it's been a good day and a bad day. I put on my IT green tshirt - which I can still fit (that's good) and tooled all over town. It felt different somehow so puffed out my sizeable chest (and other parts) and walked taller and prouder too. Yes I AM a Clay Aiken fan!

Then I came home and somebody was straddling the line in my parking spot washing his car and I tried not to hit his mercedes and ended up fricking up my right view mirror. Crap. How much does one of those cost!

I bet you looked darned cute in that IT green tshirt! So sorry about your mirror.

Nutcases.

They've taken every little thing Clay has said and done and twisted it into something MORE they can rant about.

It's totally sick. It's like there's some massive hysterical martyr camp over there.

And they're Jaymes bashing, too. Yuck. I'm getting out of there before I post something stupid . . .

And I'm looking forward to the download of Bakin with Aiken! Sounds like he was rilly CUTE!

Hearing him talk about OMWH, about his "journey these past 5 years," knowing the show was taped in May....kinda blew my mind. In a very good way.

Yes, it does give new meaning to the 'journey' theme, doesn't it?

As for the OFC, I'm stubborn, but my patience is just about gone. There is a difference between venting about confusion, hurt, anger, etc. and just being a miserable bitch. Some have crossed a line and need to be thrown back over it.

Yeah the big guns are coming out now against Jaymes. I love it that she can turn off her computer, go into the room and get her baby, smile at Clay and settle into the couch together and watch TAR(hypothetically as I believe she's not in NYC yet) while the ones calling her out for manipulating Clay to get to where she is will go to bed with their bittercakes. Surprised the press hasn't picked up this nonsense. I wonder how they will feel to see their words in print for the rest of the world to see. Some of them do appear to be jilted lovers. But I've been saying that since 2003.

Hearing him talk about OMWH, about his "journey these past 5 years," knowing the show was taped in May....kinda blew my mind. In a very good way.

And I definitely want a "Bakin' witn Aiken" apron!!!!

I want one!

Wouldn't that be a great OFC store item??!!!!

Man! That segment was SHORT!

And he started to talk about LAA, but didn't get to finish the thought!

But they showed the album cover, mentioned it several times.

He was CUTE!

So - it's all good!

I'm so glad I recorded it because I suddenly looked at the clock and it was 7:20!!!

Yeah the big guns are coming out now against Jaymes. I love it that she can turn off her computer, go into the room and get her baby, smile at Clay and settle into the couch together and watch TAR(hypothetically as I believe she's not in NYC yet) while the ones calling her out for manipulating Clay to get to where she is will go to bed with their bittercakes. Surprised the press hasn't picked up this nonsense. I wonder how they will feel to see their words in print for the rest of the world to see. Some of them do appear to be jilted lovers. But I've been saying that since 2003.

And you just know that that's exactly the hope of some of them. Trolls got a whole lot smarter in five years.

So I hope people who are having problems don't just disappear. I know it's tough but I was talking to JennaZ this morning and it hit me that there are a few of US that I haven't seen since this story broke. And I miss them. And I wonder where they are and whether or not they are somewhere feeling like they can not speak here and say they are lost or upset or devastated. I think hearing points of view from people who are accepting, who have gone through this themselves, who have run the gamut of emotions and moved from over here to over there can only help.

I can only speak for myself couchie, but personally...I'm holding back on posting some of my deeper thoughts on the subject because I've seen some of the posts from public message boards used in media reports, and they're downright cringe-inducing. When I read a post from someone saying they cried all day and didn't go to work, or whatever, I just feel so embarrassed for them. I know that's going to get me some tomatoes thrown at my head. I would just feel terrible if something I posted showed up on a major new website. So, I post with caution on this subject and hold any feelings of conflicted emotion to myself.

I can only speak for myself couchie, but personally...I'm holding back on posting some of my deeper thoughts on the subject because I've seen some of the posts from public message boards used in media reports, and they're downright cringe-inducing. When I read a post from someone saying they cried all day and didn't go to work, or whatever, I just feel so embarrassed for them. I know that's going to get me some tomatoes thrown at my head. I would just feel terrible if something I posted showed up on a major new website. So, I post with caution on this subject and hold any feelings of conflicted emotion to myself.

Oh no tomotos here..I know exactly what you mean. Just the fact that there are message boards for Clay seems to be a joke to some and I've seen lots of people who are not fans saying they were parked at Clay message boards. There was one site that gathered together some of the most ott reaction and that got picked up by a lot of newspapers. The thing is that the original site said that Clay was getting a lot of support..but that part got chopped off in a lot of place and what was left in its place was just a bunch of crazy. So yeah I definitely understand. I'm just glad we're off the beaten path and I still feel comfortable posting but after the media snatched up his statement so fast I'm surprised they haven't picked up on the rest of the bullshit going on over there. But this story will be over for them by next week.

So I hope people who are having problems don't just disappear. I know it's tough but I was talking to JennaZ this morning and it hit me that there are a few of US that I haven't seen since this story broke. And I miss them. And I wonder where they are and whether or not they are somewhere feeling like they can not speak here and say they are lost or upset or devastated. I think hearing points of view from people who are accepting, who have gone through this themselves, who have run the gamut of emotions and moved from over here to over there can only help.

I say do whats best for you!!!

I really think a lot of this has to do with this "battle" we have had with asshats that keep wanting to put him down cos he is so gay...I know for the longest time a lot of the fans felt all indignant and angry at that...and now they feel maybe foolish for being so vehement. Don't be...what a lot of us were fighting for is respect for Clay...for him to be recognized for his talent and respected for it regardless of his sexuality...so Conan is still wrong, PH is still wrong because they took his right to self identiify and they ridiculed him for it. The fact that they were right that he is in the closet does not mean that they can publicly make fun of him. So many men and women are in the closet and have every right to be there.

I agree with you Ansa. It was never about him being 'gay' that turned me off about the asshats of the world. It was the mocking and the disrespect, either way. I lost my taste for cruel humour a long time ago.

Are there any high quality scans of the People pics?

I suspect this story is already old news to the rest of the world. I would be surprised if any major news organization continues to dig through fan message boards for quotes.

what a lot of us were fighting for is respect for Clay...for him to be recognized for his talent and respected for it regardless of his sexuality

Bravo, Ansa! I wish more people got that message.