#41: Clay Aiken Makes His Triumphant Return!

Couch Tomato

Thread Title  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What say ye - what's our new thread title?

• Life is short! Enjoy the Aiken!
    • We're still having fun, and you're still the one!
    • I hope he's just out there sinning right and left.
    • Yes, I will eat fish with blueberries or anything else he's touched.
    • Anarcho-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync omnivores for Clay Aiken
    • I am not going anywhere except to Spamalot.

Bookwhore, I understand where you're coming from, and I think of that from time to time and post accordingly. Not so much over the current news, since the Clayboard seems to be the primary target there, but sometimes when links are posted here. For example, I thought about commenting about James Beamon's blog from last week-end, but I think he's the type that would google himself and / or backtrack where's his blog's been linked, so I decided not to snark about it on a public board.

But I also agree with JennaZ that this will be old news on Monday, and the bloggers will be on to the next hot story. Maybe one of the Jonas Brothers will show up with a hickey or Jennifer Aniston will go on a date with a new man or something.

It helps to have someone to chat with in person. During a visit this afternoon, laughn and I did some serious zaprudering and answered a question that had been troubling me for a bit. We determined the dog in Friday's GMA footage was probably Durham (dark face), rather than Raleigh. Now I can sleep peacefully tonight!

It helps to have someone to chat with in person. During a visit this afternoon, laughn and I did some serious zaprudering and answered a question that had been troubling me for a bit. We determined the dog in Friday's GMA footage was probably Durham (dark face), rather than Raleigh. Now I can sleep peacefully tonight!

bwah

I have to admire those of you sticking with that OFC thread. I wished them adios this morning. After Clay set up the new thread it was nice for about two posts. To say that I am disappointed about those nasty posts would be an understatement, to say that I'm surprised would be a lie. I'm content to let them mire in their own excrement.

On the other hand Clay was so cute on "Paula's Party". I was just glad she didn't put her hands in his mouth like she does to some of the men on her show. It's quite disgusting and some of their faces mirror that thought. Loved the accent contest. I only wish we could have seen him do the shag with her. ( I'm not sure how to word this as I really don't smut.)

Eeep, the board just ate my post. Oh well, I think maybe it's trying to tell me something. Time to go and get my hair cut instead!

It ate one of mine earlier too!

And I suspect you are all just so disappointed.....

Taking a 15 minute work break & found Jaymes posted again at the OFC. I'm still in agreement with her. Link to post: # 7697

Now back to work... :clay:

Yeah, but she has been EXTREMELY judgmental so its a joke when she says she won't pass judgement on them. With every post I read of hers I think damn, I wish Clay would pull the plug on her computer. She is NOT helping an already bad situation. She is just pouring fuel on the fire instead of letting it eventually burn itself out. Seems Clay wanted to the latter to happen and she is not letting it happen.

Besides, she is spending so much time on the computer who is watching the baby! :lol:

I just have to say:

I LOVE THIS BOARD

An island of sanity in the rough seas.

Well, its an island of sanity until someone posts an unpopular opinion anyway! ;)

But guess what, despite that, I still LOVE this board. Its why despite often very rough seas I still hang around.

There must be a lot of Clay fans in the Philly suburbs because I cannot find a copy of People! I will go out again tomorrow but this is very frustrating!

wandacleo, thanks for the link, I am downloading it now. And thanks for the warning earlier. I won't be going over to the OFC. This is obviously a bit of a hot button issue for me and I don't need to read that kind of shit. But I am enjoying the Jaymes posts quite a bit.

There is a difference between venting about confusion, hurt, anger, etc. and just being a miserable bitch. Some have crossed a line and need to be thrown back over it.

Exactly. There is a huge difference between some people needing some time to work things through, and the nastiness that is being spewed over there. The former, I completely understand, and I hope everyone here finds their way back into a comfort zone. The latter, I just can't tolerate.

Well, for the 3rd time in a row, I didn't have to cook dinner tonight! Wheee, I love it. We got invited out to what may end up being my son's future mother-in-law's house for dinner. It was lovely.

I just got back from the grocery store, carrying my Clay Aiken tote bag!!! It was really strange seeing his picture on the endcaps.

I love the Paula show. He is too cute. I found myself watching to see if he looked any different to me....you know gay*g* Looked like the same old goofy Clay to me!

You know the ofc has always been a toxic place. That's not going to change but giving everyone free range has just made it worse.

You know the ofc has always been a toxic place. That's not going to change but giving everyone free range has just made it worse.

Exactly.. and if it had ever been nontoxic I could get behind the fact that Jaymes is the problem. But I can't think of a time when it has ever been sane. EVER. And seeing her responses juxtaposed next to that nastiness tell me who has class and who doesn't. ClayNation's rotten core is no surprise to me.

ETA: He's so cute. I loved seeing the entire thing. Love the apron. Love the smile. Love the accent. I'm going to try to let go of my anger. Where's KAndre..I'm ready to play some smutty games!!

Thank GAWD I'm back home and can download and follow links!! :hysterical: What a week to be away!

If someone does give you a hard time I only see one way to deal with it – the same way I always did before. Look them straight in the eye and say, “Is gay a problem with you? Because it’s not with me.” Really, there is no way that they can win – unless of course they don’t mind being bigoted.

I had a teenager in a fast food restaurant say to me today "Ewww, he's gay!" when she saw my keychains....I have to admit I said to her "Yah, and you're stupid. I like gay people better."

Completely juvenile, but quite satisfying at the time!

- to some, Clay was one of the few people on tv whom they believed in but they're not sure what to make of the Tyra kiss

Maybe he found her beautiful/wonderful and wanted to kiss her. There is no denying they had a lot of chemistry. I’ve been kissed by gay men before; those who are good friends. It wasn’t like there was tongue. It’s not like all gay men are afraid of girl cooties.

The gay men I've known well (3) all LOVED women....the impression I get from Clay is he does too.

Everyone is different. I do have a deep emotional attachment to Clay and this fandom. That's obvious as I have probably spent more time, money, and thought on this "hobby" than any other hobby in the history of hobbies. And if he decided to quit show business tomorrow - it would hit me like a ton of bricks and it would take me a bunch of time to get over it and figure out how to spend my time - maybe I'd finally have that time to exercise. LOL. So thanks for this example cuz it helps me understand a bit more. I know over time I'd get over it if he qui the business but I'm sure I'd have to catalog and watch all the clack first. heh.

OH, ditto!! Not that I think it's ever going to happen~to me, he's taking steps to consolidate his career, not abandon it~but I'd be in mourning for years for that announcement!

Also I just bought a ticket to Clay's closing show and I know I saw something about getting together. Is there a way I can get in on that? I'd really like to meet so many of you because so many here have enlightened me, entertained me, and touched me.

Yup! Carmine's, Sunday night at 5:30 or 6 PM (your choice, two reservations) Thread is here and you will see that I've added you to the list.

Oh, please, let me help you.

I SO HOPE Clay starts dating publically (probably won't happen). It would do my heart good to see some of these people just crap themselve.

I think when Clay does finally date publicly we're going to through this all over again. God forbid he comes to California and get married. BWAH. No heads will be rolling every other month from here on out..in other words, just like last week.

He DID say on GMA wasn't gonna happen! The publicly part, that is....but I kinda see him with a Richard Gere lookalike! The Clere? :hysterical:

Clack Unlimited link

Video's up of Paula.

ETA: I seriously spewed my tea when Paula told him to rub his meat.

Do you know screaming "Faster, faster! Go faster dammit!" at the computer has no impact on your download speed? Kicks stoopid "hi-speed" DSL. :breakpc1:

Paula is telling him to rub his meat? and bottle is screaming faster! faster!

All right then. I do believe Clay land is getting back to normal!

ETA: In all the excitement, I totally forgot that I went to Carmine's for supper on Tuesday. It was tres expensive, but OH so delicious. Spaghetti with oil and garlic and italian sausage. Highly recommend!! They have an espresso martini that was pretty awesome as well.

OMG I laughed my ass off with the Paula's Party clip! Rub your meat? BWAH! That was just great to watch. Man I didn't realize how much I missed him. It's been too long since we've seen him goof around like that! Is it time to get on the plane for the gala yet?

OMG I laughed my ass off with the Paula's Party clip! Rub your meat? BWAH! That was just great to watch. Man I didn't realize how much I missed him. It's been too long since we've seen him goof around like that! Is it time to get on the plane for the gala yet?

Didn't you love the look on his face when she was telling him to rub. Then, when he splattered her with flour and he started to say, "I was just " and thought better of saying the obvious "rubbing my meat." I just cracked up!

EEEEEEEEEE!!!! that was so much fun! He is so quick - what channel did you say this was on? Heeee. GOD I needed to see him again. That was awesome. THANK YOU to the cappers for getting that up so quickly!

Clack Unlimited link

Video's up of Paula.

ETA: I seriously spewed my tea when Paula told him to rub his meat.

BWAH! Clay had a quite the reaction, too.

I loved the whole thing. I had that ICG on my face! It was sooooo good to see him again, being snarky, silly and happy. The apron was really cute, too!

I just got back from the grocery store, carrying my Clay Aiken tote bag!!! It was really strange seeing his picture on the endcaps.

I love the Paula show. He is too cute. I found myself watching to see if he looked any different to me....you know gay*g* Looked like the same old goofy Clay to me!

I just got back from the grocery store too and uh-oh so it looks like there's been some seriously nasty stuff being spewed by someone from Houston?

If that's who I think it is, she should think back to the Houston DCAT last year and be thankful that people lie once in a while. I was arranging carpools to the Frisco show in Dallas and she needed a ride. I was wondering if I should fib a little and tell her there wasn't any space or just stick her in the one car that could accommodate her even if I knew I was putting her in mortal danger -- she's better be happy I lied for a while until someone else came along and took her in.

ps. What was I thinking? I should have put her in the back of my truck with KAndre and merrieeee. how unChristian of me!