#41: Clay Aiken Makes His Triumphant Return!

Couch Tomato

Thread Title  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What say ye - what's our new thread title?

• Life is short! Enjoy the Aiken!
    • We're still having fun, and you're still the one!
    • I hope he's just out there sinning right and left.
    • Yes, I will eat fish with blueberries or anything else he's touched.
    • Anarcho-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync omnivores for Clay Aiken
    • I am not going anywhere except to Spamalot.

Thank GAWD I'm back home and can download and follow links!! :hysterical: What a week to be away!

If someone does give you a hard time I only see one way to deal with it – the same way I always did before. Look them straight in the eye and say, "Is gay a problem with you? Because it's not with me." Really, there is no way that they can win – unless of course they don't mind being bigoted.

I had a teenager in a fast food restaurant say to me today "Ewww, he's gay!" when she saw my keychains....I have to admit I said to her "Yah, and you're stupid. I like gay people better."

Completely juvenile, but quite satisfying at the time!

- to some, Clay was one of the few people on tv whom they believed in but they're not sure what to make of the Tyra kiss

Maybe he found her beautiful/wonderful and wanted to kiss her. There is no denying they had a lot of chemistry. I've been kissed by gay men before; those who are good friends. It wasn't like there was tongue. It's not like all gay men are afraid of girl cooties.

The gay men I've known well (3) all LOVED women....the impression I get from Clay is he does too.

Everyone is different. I do have a deep emotional attachment to Clay and this fandom. That's obvious as I have probably spent more time, money, and thought on this "hobby" than any other hobby in the history of hobbies. And if he decided to quit show business tomorrow - it would hit me like a ton of bricks and it would take me a bunch of time to get over it and figure out how to spend my time - maybe I'd finally have that time to exercise. LOL. So thanks for this example cuz it helps me understand a bit more. I know over time I'd get over it if he qui the business but I'm sure I'd have to catalog and watch all the clack first. heh.

OH, ditto!! Not that I think it's ever going to happen~to me, he's taking steps to consolidate his career, not abandon it~but I'd be in mourning for years for that announcement!

Also I just bought a ticket to Clay's closing show and I know I saw something about getting together. Is there a way I can get in on that? I'd really like to meet so many of you because so many here have enlightened me, entertained me, and touched me.

Yup! Carmine's, Sunday night at 5:30 or 6 PM (your choice, two reservations) Thread is here and you will see that I've added you to the list.

Oh, please, let me help you.

I SO HOPE Clay starts dating publically (probably won't happen). It would do my heart good to see some of these people just crap themselve.

I think when Clay does finally date publicly we're going to through this all over again. God forbid he comes to California and get married. BWAH. No heads will be rolling every other month from here on out..in other words, just like last week.

He DID say on GMA wasn't gonna happen! The publicly part, that is....but I kinda see him with a Richard Gere lookalike! The Clere? :hysterical:

Thanks FromClaygary, I was starting to think that everyone had me on ignore or something. And I also can't see Clay dating publicly but it sure would be fun to see some fans heads explode. Probably not a good idea. It would probably be ours after doing this :fncomputer: after reading some of their crap.

Couchie, I just saw your post. I look forward to meeting you too.

Ditto for the stage door!!!

*winks at couchie*

ETA: Went over to the OFC and while trolls have gotten in, the last few posters seemed to know better than to engage them.

Bows to {{{wandacleo}}} for hanging in there!!!

I've tried to be over at the ofc to be supportive of people but it has become the wackiest place ever. Trolls have really highjacked the thread. I don't think it was what Clay envisioned at all.

Ack!

I tried, I really tried. I think I posted more over there last night and today more than I have all the other years combined! heh

I have given up, though. I'll go back to waiting for someone to post that he's blogged!

OMG, I loved the rub your meat mess on Paula's Party. She's quite feisty, that woman! His facial expressions were priceless!

I'm just glad she didn't lick him!

She can get pretty wild!

ETA:

Thanks for the pretty banner of the pretty family!

EATA:

Stage door . . . Where da' Clack??!!

From CB

Hcorbett10 wrote:

So I just got off the phone with JessMcVargas who was at the show tonight. GREAT show she said, lots and lots of energy. There were like two rows of barricades...LOTS of men at the stage door tonight. Clay took pics with some people who asked in the middle barricade and came back to sign stuff for people who he had missed. Jess told him how proud of him she was and she let out a "AND I WANNA GIVE YOU A HUG SO BAD", not really expecting anything. He at first said he couldn't, but turned around and gave her one anyway...and a kiss on the cheek. NOT KIDDING! EEEEEEEEEEEEK! He was so happy tonight! Can't wait for pics and stuff.

I'm telling you, any gay man who's seen those waldo pictures is going to LINE up to see Clay up close and personal. I'm not surprised that there were lots of men at the SD! I'm so happy!!!

I can't wait to go to NY!

ETA: There will be SD clack!!!!!!!!!

From CB

Hcorbett10 wrote:

So I just got off the phone with JessMcVargas who was at the show tonight. GREAT show she said, lots and lots of energy. There were like two rows of barricades...LOTS of men at the stage door tonight. Clay took pics with some people who asked in the middle barricade and came back to sign stuff for people who he had missed. Jess told him how proud of him she was and she let out a "AND I WANNA GIVE YOU A HUG SO BAD", not really expecting anything. He at first said he couldn't, but turned around and gave her one anyway...and a kiss on the cheek. NOT KIDDING! EEEEEEEEEEEEK! He was so happy tonight! Can't wait for pics and stuff.

:F_05BL17blowkiss: Clay

Cotton, I was going to try and help you out with that one over there tonight, but I thought my head might explode. Even my crapped up sinuses aren't full of that much CRAP.

From CB

Hcorbett10 wrote:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! YAY!!!!! So glad that Clay was comfortable enough to go out and soak up some love. Cuz there sure is a lot of that out there for him!

Heeeee about the men. I can just imagine sitting by guys at concerts and simultaneously letting out moans about our sexy guy. BWAH!!!

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ooo a new club Waldo Watchers are us!!!

I'm joining.

I actually dropped by OFC to see if I was up to writing ANYTHING and I couldn't bear it. i hope to hell Clay changes his mind about this free speech shit.

I've been agonizing over which I find the most odious--the people demanding Clay apologize and ask for forgiveness or the ones saying "I forgive him."

FOR WHAT??? He's not our family. We buy tickets. He performs. That's it. That's the way it works. Clay has been so amazingly approachable and generous with the fans that some people honestly think he owes them something. Jesus.

Hey one of my best concerts ever was the Atlanta JNT05...me and Heidi made small talk with the gay couple right across the aisle from us. At intermission we were trying to figure out how in hell we were going to tackle Jerome to get to Clay. We finally decided it couldn't be done. And then, and I've told this story before, as soon as he heard the first strings of Mary Did You Know, he burst into tears. I hope and pray there is some new blood at Spam and whatever else he chooses to do.

Damn, 5 shows for me last april and may and I couldn't get near the stage door thanks to a bunch of blue haired old ladies and now I have to fight off some big ass men? This sucks! :cryingwlaughter:

Now that's funny. Thanks for the laugh before I head to bed. Needed that after some of the posts at the OFC, even though I still think its not a bad board. Just like any other only since there are so many people, there are bound to be more assholes.

Lordy, its going to be a long 2 weeks. Better stock up on the alcohol.

Night all.

Hey one of my best concerts ever was the Atlanta JNT05...me and Heidi made small talk with the gay couple right across the aisle from us. At intermission we were trying to figure out how in hell we were going to tackle Jerome to get to Clay. We finally decided it couldn't be done. And then, and I've told this story before, as soon as he heard the first strings of Mary Did You Know, he burst into tears. I hope and pray there is some new blood at Spam and whatever else he chooses to do.

Who burst into tears: Jerome, Clay, gay couple???

From CB Hcorbett10

Just got back from the show. Can I just say AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! !!! I LOVE THAT MAN!!!!!!!

During the Find Your Grail scene, he was waving the peace sign around with his left hand. He also gave a cute little squeal when he soiled his pants the second time.....when the knights of Ni re-entered. Lots of cheers and applause from the audience all night. I can't really remeber much else, other than what a GREAT stage door!!!!! He went once around the barricades. My friend and I gave him flowers, balloons, and cards. When he got to my friend she was holding her card.....he started to sign it and then he realized it was for him. Yes, Jess Mcvargeas GOT A HUG AND A KISS ON THE CHEEK!!!!!!!!!! He said I would get mine one day too.....he promised...hahahahaha!!!! I took video. I'm kinda new at this. I have to load it and then I'll post it when it's done. I warn you all though.....this may take a while...lolol!!!!

Who burst into tears: Jerome, Clay, gay couple???

hee sorry..one of the guys. He had seen Clay on GMA singing Mary Did you Know and all he wanted was to hear that song. He bought tickets after seeing him on GMA (or one of those morning shows). All I remember about him now is that he had on the most expensive looking clothes and this soft coat. hee. He was a chef. I actually sent him clack (SHUT UP). Lost track of him though.

Just got back from The Color Purple with my sister...we are so not play people I think...interesting through. Very different from the book and movie.

Trolls at the OFC? What a SHOCK! heh.

Downloading my Paula clip now - even though it's blond Clay (still not fond of the blond - love the darker stuff now!)