#41: Clay Aiken Makes His Triumphant Return!

Couch Tomato

Thread Title  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What say ye - what's our new thread title?

• Life is short! Enjoy the Aiken!
    • We're still having fun, and you're still the one!
    • I hope he's just out there sinning right and left.
    • Yes, I will eat fish with blueberries or anything else he's touched.
    • Anarcho-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync omnivores for Clay Aiken
    • I am not going anywhere except to Spamalot.

Ron, the god of irony. Doesn't actual smite people, but rolls his eyes a lot.

He must resemble a pinball machine.

I am hoping that some of the ones who are in shock will step back and think.... perhaps the reason Clay was in their life is to teach them tolerance. Clay has taught me a number of things, some things I already knew but needed him to remind me, via LTS and via some other things I read.

Oh, I love that!....and completely agree! I know he's taught me more than I would ever have dreamed, and this episode is only reinforcing the teachings.

I actually did get into a bit of discussion (in a good way) with a poster at the OFC about this the other day. It has only been a few days, right? It only feels like it's been years? Unfortunately, we were stoned and run out of town by some "truly" Christians. I absolutely believe that God brings people into our lives for a reason and if some could get past the entitlement (sorry - Jaymes was right!) and take responsibility for their own part in their feeling the way they do, they might actually learn something.

While still a lot of bickering over at the OFC this morning, there are some who really seem to understand and appreciate Clay's reasoning for the threads and are posting like rational human beings.

Awww, Bookwhore, that is one CUTE puppy! What breed?

I am making notes of all selections - anybody know if it would be interesting to try a capsule hotel just to say I did it?

Um, no. And Tokyo hotels are very expensive, plus they add on more taxes than a Florida car rental does.

Ten years ago, my hotel room at, for example, The Dai Ichii Annex, was about $250 a night, plus tax - and the Annex was waaaay cheaper than the Dai Ichi itself, next door, the annex was bare-bones, for business people.

Are you staying in a hotel?

I would stay in anything cheap!! I stayed in a businessman's hotel in Japan (the only woman and ONLY non-Japanese). it was about the size of my bathroom, but I slept fine. I recall that I made reservations for minshikus (like cheap bed and breakfasts) all over Japan from some Minshiku Center in Tokyo. I suppose it's still there, but it's been a long time.

Further note: I saw those sideburns. That man has seriously got a hard-on for sideburns.

Prejudice: I just can't respect people who are prejudiced, and I don't care if they wrap it in the flag, the Koran, the Bible, or whatever. Very few people believe everything that their religion teaches--and even if they do--that doesn't mean they can't make a choice to be loving and accepting. Terrorists blow up people in the name of religion. Do any of us think that's right. I don't see that this is different. Believe me, I grew up in an area (northern Idaho) where there was little diversity (one half-Chinese family and one Italian family) at the time. Mom's doctor--Dr. Peterson--wore skirts (everyone did in those days) and men's suit jackets. She talked like a man, walked like a man, and wore her hair like a man (and lived with a woman). I remember checking her out and asking my mom why she was like that. Mom's answer was really simple: "She was born different. She can't help it." End of subject.

I'm kind of embarrassed that I even know this but it appeared on the Spam thread at the OFC. She is one of the McVargas girls, young women that follow Clay and are always up front at Spamalot. She said Clay give them that name because they hooped and hollared for Jesse and Sean. They got a lot of fans irate because of the catcalls they made at the stage door plus they are usually upfront at the barriers. You know how rampant jealousy is in this fandom.

I did see an apology from them that until they saw and heard video of themselves they did not realize how annoying they were. Baby steps. I'm sure Clay enjoys seeing a few young faces at the SD.

I was talking to my husband about the People thread at the OFC. It's kind of funny that adults can act this way. Although the way my SIL and I argued over politics, I guess that was pretty funny to our husbands. I 'm still angry at her for it anyway.:voodoo:

A few have spent so much time and energy defending him that they suddenly feel foolish for doing so, and so have apparently decided to blame him.

Perhaps they feel that Clay needs to tell them that he meant to deceive them so they can feel better about being deceived. That way it's not on them.

Maybe? :shrug:

---

I don't have a problem with someone who chooses to leave because for them, this is something they can't support. That is them coming up against their moral absolute and respecting it. Fine by me. I will have trouble being nice about those that try to stick around and be nasty about it in anyway. Just warning y'all.

---

On another note....could this week be any more stressful?

My poor widdle White Sox voodoo doll needs a serious break.

The offseason can't come soon enough for him :hysterical:

Ok, I just watched Paula's Party with a huge grin on my face the entire time. He was sooooo cute and funny. But I laughed out loud after he dished up the potatoes and Paula said, "Are we on a diet?" :lmaosmiley-1:

annabear, she's an old english bulldog, 8 weeks old in that picture. She's 14 weeks now and has changed dramatically...but still adorable.

Ok, I'm off now to do ....something.

A few have spent so much time and energy defending him that they suddenly feel foolish for doing so, and so have apparently decided to blame him.

Perhaps they feel that Clay needs to tell them that he meant to deceive them so they can feel better about being deceived. That way it's not on them.

Maybe? :shrug:

---

I don't have a problem with someone who chooses to leave because for them, this is something they can't support. That is them coming up against their moral absolute and respecting it. Fine by me. I will have trouble being nice about those that try to stick around and be nasty about it in anyway. Just warning y'all.

I'm right there with you. I don't understand these people, but I'm thankful if they can truly just walk away. The others? Nice will not be in my list of descriptors.

I really wonder what it is that these people need from him. Will any form of 'I'm sorry' do? I doubt it. I see on the OFC thread that somehow it's morphed into 'Clay lied about lying' now, and he's 'laughing' at us - and that's the unforgivable sin. I don't really know where it came from. Yes, on GMA he went with the 'I let them believe what they wanted to' line. Does anybody really think that he wouldn't have done things differently if it were possible? Maybe he could go in there and say 'I'm sorry I had to lie to you' - maybe that would be enough for some. But not for all (or even most) I fear. Nothing will ever be enough for them - they seem to enjoy their moral superiority too much. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Honestly? The only thing I fear in this fandom - and I think I have since the very first time I figured out how to use 'search' on the internet in a desperate need to know he wasn't lost to me (that would be May 22, 2003) is that he would stop performing. I personally would be heart broken. Whether it's right or wrong or 'weird', he (and my fandom) has become a part of my life - a much treasured part. I would mourn him (and it) terribly.

Word. You said it all for me.

You had better cheer extra loud for us and give him a big hug.

And extra loud cheer is a given and giving him a big hug is my dream!!! If I can, I will! (But I have a feeling all the hot young guys will relegate me to the back of the crowd.... <_< )

My friend just IM'ed me to say amy poller was wearing a clay aiken tshirt and made a point to show it to the camera - on Saturday Night Live..dont' know if they did anything else.

That's pretty cool!

Well...claytonic to me that is the inherent problem with moral-absolutes.

It's fine to draw a line but at some point you have to cross it or respect it. People who choose to live their lives that way must come up against it a lot. :shrug:

The one I have a real hard time with is...I was raised to think this (or that) is wrong. I want to know why they never formed their own opinion as an adult. Is it just because it's easy? I've always had some issues with the way my parents chose to be parents. But I will give them this...they taught me to be an independent thinker who didn't just blindly accept anyone else's opinions or worldview.

A friend yesterday reminded me of the lyrics to that song from South Pacific:

you've Got To Be Taught

to Hate And Fear,

you've Got To Be Taught

from Year To Year,

it's Got To Be Drummed

in Your Dear Little Ear

you've Got To Be Carefully Taught.

you've Got To Be Taught To Be Afraid

of People Whose Eyes Are Oddly Made,

and People Whose Skin Is A Diff'rent Shade,

you've Got To Be Carefully Taught.

you've Got To Be Taught Before It's Too Late,

before You Are Six Or Seven Or Eight,

to Hate All The People Your Relatives Hate,

you've Got To Be Carefully Taught!

I totally believe you don't have to follow what you are taught as a child, but to so many, what you are taught - especially when it comes to religion or values - is so deeply ingrained in you its hard to think anyway else. I think this is especially true when you grow up in a community that all thinks the same way, where the belief are not just taught in your home, but in your school and in the playground and in the homes of your friends.

How sad that any parent, any religion, any teacher, any person would be so intent on teaching hate - often in the name of God.

My father had a terrific sense of humour. He always said he was an agnostic...that he would have been an athiest, but then there'd be no holidays. :hysterical: Anyway, I know this wasn't true because he said he felt closer to God when he was in the woods, or in his garden. He also said that some of the most horrific cruelty was done in the name of God and he couldn't support churches for perpetuating this kind of rationale. He hated prejudice of any kind...loved Duke Ellington and followed his band everywhere he could when he could afford it (sounds familiar), and had various band members, including The Duke, back to our home whenever they were in town.

I don't really know where I'm going with this, just that I miss him today and when I read that letter from "Marge", it made me grateful that I was raised the way I was, in a time when political correctness was in the distant future, I was taught that...if there was a God, He was all about love and acceptance.

::end of sappy post::

and dammit... :DoClay: more than ever!

Sounds like I would have loved your Dad. How you describe him is similar to what I think and how my father felt.

That just made me smile. Look at that cute guy. Clay too And you know...cute cuy has friends and coworkers and family too. Maybe he'll start clayverting as well!

Hee my first thought was dang more competition for the front row and my second was I can hear the heads exploding now! And then the important thought....he looks mighty fine!! Love the hair.

Those were my first thoughts too! And then my shallow mind went right where yours went....

ETA: Somehow I cut this off. Bookwhore, your puppy is ADORABLE!!! I do so love puppies!

ETAA: Found this picture of the Amy Pohler t-shirt from SNL over at getclayaiken:

Poehler.jpg

OK I guess I'm Clay central - My sister just called me..she was watching something called the Dish..whatever the hell that is - and they showed Clay's cover Yes I'm Gay - and someone said - not even a month old and he already knows he's gay? And somebody else said Aren't all babies a little gay? She picked up the phone to call me so missed the rest but they went to the next cover right after.

I guess I totally forgot that Clay would be fodder for a lot of shows. VERY surprised SNL did nothing..but yay for Amy...

I saw the Dish, I think it's a cute show. The host made a joke about the cover of People saying "Yes, I'm Gay" and then said, "Wait, the baby is only a month old and already knows he's gay? How does that happen?" then she said something about the baby being a huge Clay Aiken fan, and aren't all babies gay? Crying at everything, all those pastel colors.... and something else I can't remember...

LOVE the stage door pix!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

It finally happened. I went to a football party yesterday afternoon (and didn’t get home until late) and my friends who know I love Clay were there. One guy said, “So, what do you think about poor Clay?” I was like “*Poor* Clay? The hell?” and another woman said “Yes, I’m gay” quoting the People cover. I said, “There is nothing wrong with that” in a rather bewildered voice – mainly bewildered because they chose to have this conversation in front of one of my gay friends and two of his (also gay) friends. They were like “oh no, we know there’s nothing wrong…” I said, “He’s hot, he’s rich, he’s talented. I wouldn’t label that *poor*. And I would still do him.” They all laughed at that although my one friend said (teasing), “If he would let you.” I said, “If I’d known he was handing out sperm I sure would have gotten in line.” Which also got a big laugh. It wasn’t mean, it wasn’t harsh, it was quite light hearted. One guy commented that he liked what Clay had to say. My gay friends kept quiet the whole time. It was odd, all in all. After that everything went back to normal.

I'm not saying I told you so to anyone. I believe I said that I completely understood and respected anyone who believed Clay was straight. I believed Clay was straight for a long time, because he had told us he was - until I just couldn't any longer. I don't go around wondering about people's sexualities and judging them for it. I have straight friends and gay friends. I've never had a reason to have to guess and it's never mattered to me. For me (and for many other people within this fandom), it was impossible not to wonder about Clay's sexuality over the past few years. I don't think anyone should be judged right now for whatever conclusion they came to about Clay's sexuality. I think that right now should be a time for compassion and for healing, both for the fans and for Clay, not accusations and judgment and harsh words.

Compassion for people who are struggling is one thing, but letting remarks that I find questionable go by with no comment is another. I don’t remember ever seeing you post here before, so when you come in and basically say “Clay makes no sense as a straight man and he hasn’t to me for a long time” or some such thing *I* am going to question your motives and timing. I don’t see why that is difficult to understand. Especially when YOU are using stereotypes and judgments to define your position – you may not mean to, but that was how it reads. We’ve had lots of “interesting” people from other places on the net just show up here over the years, so I remain skeptical and cautious.

A lot of people "knew" I was straight too. Just sayin'.

Yeaaaah – and here is my issue in a nutshell. NO ONE “just knows”. You only “know” if you are told by the person in question.

I suspect this story is already old news to the rest of the world. I would be surprised if any major news organization continues to dig through fan message boards for quotes.

what a lot of us were fighting for is respect for Clay...for him to be recognized for his talent and respected for it regardless of his sexuality

Bravo, Ansa! I wish more people got that message.

The asshats both INSIDE and outside the fandom will *never* get that. They are crowing about being right, not realizing that, for many of us, it was not the yes or no it was their tactics and their language. Both were shitty.

You know the ofc has always been a toxic place. That's not going to change but giving everyone free range has just made it worse.

Exactly.. and if it had ever been nontoxic I could get behind the fact that Jaymes is the problem. But I can't think of a time when it has ever been sane. EVER. And seeing her responses juxtaposed next to that nastiness tell me who has class and who doesn't. ClayNation's rotten core is no surprise to me.

Jaymes’ posting is just another excuse for jealous beyotchs to be nasty to her. Add to that the fact that she’s *right* well that just makes it worse.

I assume Clay understands the troll concept?? That sometimes people who have no real interest in Clay or the topic will come on to a board just to create shit and watch heads explode?? I can see that being a real problem at lots of boards.

Hey one of my best concerts ever was the Atlanta JNT05...me and Heidi made small talk with the gay couple right across the aisle from us. At intermission we were trying to figure out how in hell we were going to tackle Jerome to get to Clay. We finally decided it couldn't be done. And then, and I've told this story before, as soon as he heard the first strings of Mary Did You Know, he burst into tears. I hope and pray there is some new blood at Spam and whatever else he chooses to do.

That was great. We were all crying (much to my chagrin <g>).

Man, I love dark haired Clay! He doesn't look so much like a Ken doll to me anymore.

But I LOVE the Ken doll!! I like the dark hair too, but when I see the pics from Paula I mourn a bit. :::sob:::

Ron, the god of irony. Doesn't actual smite people, but rolls his eyes a lot.

He must resemble a pinball machine.

Bwahahahaha….

Well, I WANT Ron to smite people, dammit.

KAndre, are you being picked up at the airport? If not, you need enough yen for one of the lovely buses that run like clockwork from the airport to a network of major hotels, where you can then get a cab. The airport is a long way from Tokyo, really. Bus used to be about $50 and worth every penny, unless you don't have much luggage and want to take a train to Tokyo. Cab is very very expensive.

And you should prolly get a subway card and/or a train card (not interchangeable), it is easier than having to buy tickets.

I never had to worry about finding a less expensive hotel much, my company generally was okay with anything under $300, and usually got a discount. and while I got to express a preference, I did not have the final say. But then, I would be at the hotel for 6 to 8 weeks at a time, so it was nice to have something bigger than a breadbox.

Everything in Tokyo has directions given from the point of view of where the subway stops are, and there are many different subway lines - it is actually very very easy to get around.

I am jellus. Did I mention that?

you must visit the Meiji shrine, and also - same train station - the Harajuku district, full of brightly dressed young Japanese and shopping, and the grounds of the Meiji are so quiet and beautiful.

I have met Marge on several occassions. She was an uber fan and had more close encounters with Clay than most fans. One of the things I am struck with in her post is that she says she believes that homosexuality is a choice and implies that Clay made that choice. But then she says :

I respect that this has had to be very difficult for him and actually understand why he hid it all even for as long as he did.

For those who think it is a choice, should there not be some cognitive dissonance with making a choice that was "very difficult for him"? Why would someone make a choice that would make one's life "very difficult." In my mind it should cause one to pause.

I think in reading the People article it appeared that Clay also once had the beliefs that homosexuality was a choice. And this may have been one of the reasons that he may have been relatively late to admitting to himself that he was gay. He hadn't made the choice. His remarks that it (homosexuality) is "in the code up there" (loved how he said that) shows that he has had a shift in his thinking. But I am sure this was not an overnight thing. But a shift in his thinking did occur.

Scroll alert: Playing academic

Piaget's developmental theory about how children learn is that they form ideas about the world by taking in new information and fitting them into concepts they currently have (assimilation) but after awhile they find that the information they are assimilating really doesn't fit the concepts they have (cognitive dissonance) and they need to form new ones(accommodation). I teach my students that the process of accommodation continues through life if we are open to new experiences and ideas.

I attended an interfaith banquet this past week organized by indviduals of the Muslim faith. The guest speaker was Dr. Leonard Swindler, Professor of Catholic thought and inter-religious dialogue from Temple University. The events of the evening took longer than planned and when it was time to speak, he changed his original topic (similarities among Christian, Muslim, and Jewish faiths) and talked instead about the "sociology of knowledge" and "dialogue'. About the sociology of knowledge he said that instead of thinking "you must be mistaken, you must see things my way" when presented to another's perspective, we might think instead "I talk to you to learn something from your side and you talk to me to learn something from my side." He described dialogue as "I want to talk with you because you think differently and I can learn something." He said that until recently the world has engaged in monologues-We talk with others who think the way I do. He said the world must move towards dialogues.

As I sat entranced by his presentation, taking notes on the promotional materials at my table, I kept thinking about Clay and the divergent views and the struggles of the fandom. There has been monologue across the boards, that is for sure but I have also seen lots of dialogue. Posters are thanking other posters for presenting a perspective they hadn't considered. I pray for the dialogue to continue. And for accommodation to occur.

I have to remind myself that even when I don't agree with a person's view, if I listen only to those with views like mine, I will learn nothing knew.

End of mini-lecture

And now for something completely different...

YEA PHILLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay - something really important - are those the beginnings of the Return of the Sideburns in that video?

They caught me off guard too, but I think they may add to the wig for the show. JMO...especially since I'm not fond of the sideburns. *g*

Unfortunately, the lovely CB poster did NOT leave it at that; this same note was posted at OFC and was, I believe followed up by more in detail posts quoting scripture and verse. Granted, over there she was of course provoked. But at that point my sympathy for her took a trip to Denmark. Or somewhere.

Now that just sucks! It's fine for her to believe what she wants to believe and leave the fandom if that's what her conscience dictates. It's not fine for her to keep stating it over and over again. It's like she's trying to force someone to believe her beliefs. That's where I lose patience and sympathy, too.

I loved Clay's comment about some people having minds so open that they circle around and close back in on themselves. I've been thinking about that a lot this morning. I hadn't really thought much about people being so open-minded that they become closed-minded about closed-minded people. Does that make sense?

Makes sense to me. Well, crap about that CB person. ITA with Bookwhore here. I love being a Christian, but the one part I've always had a problem with is the "go forth and teach" aspect of it. IMO, I'd rather SHOW than teach, and this poster, if she continues on like this, really sounds like "forcing the issue." Don't like it.

Because I'm bored and procrastinating, anyone wanna see my new puppy?

th_P8180378.jpg

How CUTE!!!!

You had better cheer extra loud for us and give him a big hug.

And extra loud cheer is a given and giving him a big hug is my dream!!! If I can, I will! (But I have a feeling all the hot young guys will relegate me to the back of the crowd.... <_< )

Good for you!

I totally believe you don't have to follow what you are taught as a child, but to so many, what you are taught - especially when it comes to religion or values - is so deeply ingrained in you its hard to think anyway else. I think this is especially true when you grow up in a community that all thinks the same way, where the belief are not just taught in your home, but in your school and in the playground and in the homes of your friends.

Coming as someone who was pretty much raised in that kind of environment -- it IS tough. What saved me was going to college, getting away from my home area. I didn't move THAT far away (only 3.5 hours), but it was a huge college town, and it gave me great perspective on other people and their lives. And, honestly...being on the Clay boards has done a lot for me in this regard too. I've learned so much from many people in this fandom, and I hope some people have learned from me that being a small town farm girl doesn't necessarily mean small minded.

I think I need to watch the Paula Deen show again...or maybe the stage door...

Thanks Cagney for your post.

Just for clarification, we don't have anyone here at FCA who comes in just to stir the shit (whether they postho or come in ever so often) and for that I'm grateful. Even those of us who may be more "sparkly" than others for lack of a better word - are OURS. Benefits of the doubt should be given on that front.

I'm catching up on all the stuff I wasn't able to have a look at this last week. I just finished reading this article about Chris Seiber and found it very interesting.

I know it was posted before, but thought someone besides me may have missed it in the furor, and I think it's definitely worth a read. I do hope that he and Clay remain in touch even though he's moved on to another show, as I think he would be a great "touchstone" for Clay. Perhaps he already has been.

Now that just sucks! It's fine for her to believe what she wants to believe and leave the fandom if that's what her conscience dictates. It's not fine for her to keep stating it over and over again. It's like she's trying to force someone to believe her beliefs. That's where I lose patience and sympathy, too.

See it all comes back to the me, me, me syndrome. I've said my piece, bye bye, oh but wait I really have to tell you more about how I feel, bye bye, oh just one more thing about me and then I really am outta here! Oh but..........

Go already! I'm sorry but I'm running short on sympathy for those people. If what he is is so abhorrent to you then why are you sticking around? It's sure as heck not to work it out because you have already said you can't tolerate it. Leave room for those that are struggling and coming to terms with it.

I haven't been over to OFC this morning to see if it has calmed down at all but last night I had to tear myself away. Part of me wanted to continue to read and another part of me wanted to tear some of the posters apart. Did Clay really say he would let this crap continue for two weeks?

There is a sendspace on the Clayboard with some video from SD last night

Here

Thanks for this. But I found when playing the video that the picture would freeze while the sound continued. Did anyone else have this problem?

dsj111

Cotton, Ron is the god of Irony and Hypocrisy - a minor Norse god, I believe - he has been assigned to the Clay fandom, but is usually too incapacitated by laughter, amazement, or oh-no-she-didn't! to properly smite folks in the ass with lightning bolt or a spork to do his job correctly.

He is really fun to hang out with!

love it!!

I enjoyed seeing our lighthearted Clay on the Paula show and was once again thankful for the change in his hair style. IMO it looks so much better now. I don't think he needs to have any worries about looking old any more.

I enjoyed seeing our lighthearted Clay on the Paula show and was once again thankful for the change in his hair style. IMO it looks so much better now. I don't think he needs to have any worries about looking old any more.

OMG, there's just no hope for this fandom.

I LOVE that blond hair!

OMG, there's just no hope for this fandom.

I LOVE that blond hair!

Oh Wanda...the blond is alright...I loved those gorgeous pictures of him at the stage door at Spamalot1 when his hair was all tousled...mmm...BUT..the straight, stiff. style uh uh ..not good.

Saw this at CH and it is an excerpt from a long post by institches

But that's what this whole fandom and relationship with a celebrity thing is based on, isn't it? What he says, and how we interpret it? We don't really know him. I met him, and I have no more knowledge of him than anyone else. (And anyone who has met him can attest...the Aiken fog you go into makes it pretty certain that you won't remember much when it's over). All the various Clay communities are like different branches of a religion...all founded on each board's interpretation of Clay. Some interpreted him as gay from day one, and formed a community based on that. Some interpreted him as a religious man, and formed communities based on that. Some saw the sexy and the smart and the cheeky and the brilliant and all formed their opinions and communities and fan groups based on what they saw as the man. And please goddess no....do NOT interpret this as Clay = religion. *eyeroll* It is just an analogy. But I digress.

cagney, that was a fabulous post.

And it makes what I am about to write a little easier, since I hope it adds to the "dialog" here. Please don't judge me as being to intolerant, although what I'm about to say may come across that way. I love Clay. He's got a gorgeous voice, he's hella cute, wicked funny, and whip smart. As Jeff Foxworthy noted, he's a quality human being.

But...

I just can't pretend with you guys. So, here goes:

Even for Clay's sake, I don't think I can ever what that Paula episode again. The woman was like nails on a chalkboard to me. The sight of the blue-crusted black seabass or whatever it was made me gag. Clay needed to tuck in his shirt. I think I'd rather eat djs111's "very large squid bodies stuffed with rice" than sit through that again. Heck, I'd rather read at the OFC for an hour than sit through that again.

I hope you guys can find it in your hearts to forgive me for having to say this stuff, as I know it may be difficult for you to read. Maybe I torched a puppy here for some of you. (But not Bookwhore's lil' cutie!) I suppose Ron the God of Irony is getting a good laugh out of my predicament.

Woo - that was painful, but cathartic! :cryingwlaughter:

===============================================================

Things I love about this fandom:

(1) Even the non-Clay discussions at the boards are generally interesting and highly entertaining. I can understand how some posters who can't reconcile with Clay's new reality would have a hard time giving that up.

(2) No matter how crazy you think you are for participating in all things Clay, there's guaranteed to be somebody way more nuts than you are. Always a good thing, in my book

(5), er (3) The shared experience - the history, the language, the humor and now the Spamisms. Another thing that would be tough to ever give up. And hopefully, those that feel like they need to take a break right now will find they miss this stuff too, and can work their way back.

Seriously, world travel plans, religion, puppies, and Clay's sideburns are hot topics today. How could you ever give that up for long?

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Hee! bottle, you scared the crap out of me woman. *smack*

Paula seems like she would definitely be an aquired taste - but dang, I love her hair. LOLOL! Pretty sure blueberries and fish were NOT ever meant to go together. Talk about an abomination. BLEYUCK!! But I gotta tell you - when she wiped his mouth for him - I think I peed a little. :Thud: