#41: Clay Aiken Makes His Triumphant Return!

Couch Tomato

Thread Title  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What say ye - what's our new thread title?

• Life is short! Enjoy the Aiken!
    • We're still having fun, and you're still the one!
    • I hope he's just out there sinning right and left.
    • Yes, I will eat fish with blueberries or anything else he's touched.
    • Anarcho-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync omnivores for Clay Aiken
    • I am not going anywhere except to Spamalot.

Ahhhhhhhhh, don't get me started on the "I knew it all along" thing. Can't stand it because to me, anyone saying it is being ridiculous. You can't "know" that about someone else, it's impossible, unless they told you.

Hey. You are me. I've already tried shipping him with Tom Deckman, but decided that would be too manic a pairing. I settled on Chris Siebert (even though he is in a committed relationship.) I always really liked the on-stage chemistry between them.

Does anyone know if David Hibbard is available? ;)

My vote goes to David simply because he's so nice!

I don't think about people's orientations unless they say or do something specific. Tthere is such a wide range of experiences in people that so-called "indicators" don't work, eg. my ex-MIL and SIL used to live close to Church street in Toronto. My ex-SIL still does.

*wheeee, merrieeee!* The first time I visited my then MIL she had a long explanation and a list of tips on how to act -- I could hardly keep a straight face while listening to her. Apparently she assumed I was too "innocent" about the world. :cryingwlaughter:

I'm just so happy for Clay.

I honestly only felt joy and relief when I saw he was coming out. I didn't care whether he was gay or straight. I'm just glad for the drama to be over so he can live his life.

cindi and lucky - I've been listening to Ashes A LOT lately. I think it really speaks to Clay's current situation, and would make an excellent single now! I LOVE the song, and think that it might go over well now, as it reflects what Clay has been through recently.

AAAAHHHHHH, the JBT leather jacket is being auctioned off! I WANTS IT, THE PRECIOUSSSSS!!! But I'm sure it will go for way more than I can afford. Sniffffff.

I see the Wango Tango shirt is being auctioned, too, and an AI shirt as well. So much good stuff! I'm already jellus of you people who are going to the Gala.

Heeeee - the 'Clay Aiken bust' from Jimmy is being auctioned, too. That's funny!!

When we first moved to Houston we went to an arts festival in the gay part of town. My DD was 10. I had told her there were going to be a lot of gay people there and explained what that meant. We had a great day and my DD said at the end of it that she hadn't seen any gay people. So I pointed out to her that the two men walking down the street holding hands were gay. She said but Mum they just look like everyone else! I thought good I got my point across. It's a good job she did not see those guys from the rear. They both had on leather pants with the rear end cut out! I really had to stop myself from laughing out loud.

I wanna go to the Gala and I wanna go to Spamalot and I wanna see my buddies and I and I and I ...well enough about me!

They both had on leather pants with the rear end cut out!

Clay content?

That would sure give new meaning to PANTS...

:clay:

They both had on leather pants with the rear end cut out!

Clay content?

That would sure give new meaning to PANTS...

:clay:

I'd pay good money to see Clay in those pants.

Sorry this is so long - I was catching up and it looks like I'm the only one here!! :hello:

So how come everybody and his brother "knew" Clay was gay? From the media/blogger types who are going "neener, neener, I knew and you didn't" to a couple of my co-workers who in essence said Duh!

Did no one except us allow him the courtesy of self defining? I'm sure that a lot of us had hints. I know I had my doubts and saw signs but I always felt until he said something It was not my place to comment. Now my co-workers are like "Well who didn't know that"?

Was it really that obvious to the NJU? Was there really an alternate universe where everyone knew he was gay except a lot of fans?

That's what I have been wondering too. Although there were 'clues' apparently, I don't see them as positive proof. For me it wasn't true until Clay said it was, no matter how many people said they 'knew'.

For me, it wasn't over till the skinny white boy sings. :D

It seems that Claymania has returned to the Schubert, but I'm glad I was there on a night when there were very few Clayfans in the audience. It really showed how well he fit into the cast, even without the screaming Zombie Hordes (Whores?). Someone not knowing who he was ( and there were many in the audience that night) would never have picked him out as a novice or not being up to the standard of the rest of the cast. That's quite an accomplishment! This is freaking Broadway and Clay is working with seasoned vetrans who have been honing their craft for many, many years.

Maybe the response to him wasn't the loudest and longest, but it was very, very good. The only joke that didn't go over very well that night was the "Idol" line. That told me that many in the audience didn't know who he was. Where I was sitting there were lots of European tourists. While not always getting some of the intricate word play, they loved the broader comedy.

That would be OK with me, it kind of bugs me when you can't hear the second line of the 'idol of my age' part for the screaming!!

And it's almost Halloween, so I'm gonna wear my Zombie Horde shirt a lot!! Maybe I'll make into my Halloween costume!

---

BTW - we saw "Ghost Town" on Saturday and I noticed that Brad Oscar played the doorman at the apartment building where Ricky Gervais lived.

---

I've also been listening to OMWH in the past few days. There are some pretty poignant lyrics in those songs. LAA seems to be the one that affects me the most deeply.

00lsee and JennaZ :thbighug-1: loved your posts.

I finally went to the store to look for a People mag today and they didn't have any. I'm trying to think of an out-of-the-way store where the supply may not ahve been bought up already. Any suggestions?? Staples maybe?

This is cute......... check out this video.........

MICHAEL PALIN FOR PRESIDENT

vote SILLY in 2008

couchie - what google experiment??? was Ricky Martin part of it? He just had a child with a surrogate mother... what's up with that? :D

:music::nanadance::nanas::dancemexicannana::purplebanana:

That is all.

That's about all I have to say too.
:)

Is the pot-smoking banana significantly slower and out-of-sync with the other nanas for everybody, or is it just me?

"This is your naner. And this is your naner on drugs..."

bottle - this CMSU!!! :lmaosmiley-1:

Now I can't stop look at those ATDW promo screenshots ...

tmu12.jpg

tmu13.jpg

tmu7.jpg

133028399-O.jpg:hubbahubba:

Thanks kf!!

I hope he's just out there sinning right and left.

thread title?
:whistling-1:

Oh Yes!
:cryingwlaughter:

heh...actually, when I read this I thought of a cheer:

DTTR! DTTL!

Get it on, baybee

Make 'em blush like hell!

or....if you actually say the words for 'R' and 'L'...

Dress to the Right! Dress to the Left!

Now the men can get excited

As the women feel bereft!

Now this is the spirit!!!

I feel the need to change this last one around a bit....

Dress to the Left, Dress to the Right,

Swing your partner

and go all night!!
:cryingwlaughter:

0-0-0dragclay.gif

JAMAR! You alright honey! Just watching ESPN news. Good Luck tomorrow!

It's interesting what I "see" now. There's a commercial running in California telling us to vote against gay marriage cuz they'll have rights like everybody else if you don't. BEWARE BEWARE. Sadly I will admit I never noticed it before. I'm trying to make myself feel better by saying maybe they just started it. Not sure about that though.

It's interesting what I "see" now. There's a commercial running in California telling us to vote against gay marriage cuz they'll have rights like everybody else if you don't. BEWARE BEWARE. Sadly I will admit I never noticed it before. I'm trying to make myself feel better by saying maybe they just started it. Not sure about that though.

And then people have the nerve to say well he lied and focus on that. Don't see they bigger picture here. This guy has just done something so momentous that things could very well change peoples very thoughts and actions. I read somewhere that he is the first celebrity gay man, with a child, to ever come out! No cover, no beard just I am a father and I'm gay. He normalizes this. Even in his own home state he wouldn't be allowed to adopt that child. As he said there really was no option for him. Talk about courage!

Kandre I laugh at the folks that say well who is he and why does anyone care? Well obviously the news media cos this story is everywhere. I have never in my life received so many google alerts about one story.

OK, so apparently Lindsay Lohan came out too? Lord, you can tell I don't pay attention to any celebrity news except for Clay...and I had to struggle to remember who the hell Lohan was...

Man, my man Clay is simply the most newsworthy thing evah!

I was thinking about a friend of mine from earlier in the fandom, rattboi...now that was someone who felt pushed of the fandom because of some attitudes...

And then people have the nerve to say well he lied and focus on that. Don't see they bigger picture here. This guy has just done something so momentous that things could very well change peoples very thoughts and actions. I read somewhere that he is the first celebrity gay man, with a child, to ever come out! No cover, no beard just I am a father and I'm gay. He normalizes this. Even in his own home state he wouldn't be allowed to adopt that child. As he said there really was no option for him. Talk about courage!

WORD, merrieeee!

Hee, that was funny, I wake up, log in to FCA, and see Church St. in Toronto being discussed. BWAH!

I remember about 6 months ago, listening to LAA in the car one day, and wham! The lyrics just spoke to me. I remember thinking "holy shit, that is exactly how it feels, the picture isn't mine." Then thinking nah, obviously Clay was thinking something else when he wrote it, since he isn't gay. And that was that. LOL

Ahhhhhhhh, rattboi. He was awesome. I used to PM back and forth with him and institches alot, back in the day. It was a sad day when he left. I never had a problem with gay male fans, but you have admit, there wasn't much acceptance for them on the main Clay message boards. I sure hope there is now.

Why is everyone up so early? I need to be at work at 7 and I've been battling with my alarm clocks.... oh, ok, *grumbles* I'll get going...

Have a nice day y'all! (see, I can spell!)

:nature-smiley-014:

ETA: Eeeep, it's already 7. I guess I'll just have to dial in from here.

Good Morning Everyone,

18 Days until The BAF Gala! :yahoo:

24 Days until Clay is Roasting Matt Lauer!

:yahoo:

61 Days until Clay's Golden Birthday!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I remember about 6 months ago, listening to LAA in the car one day, and wham! The lyrics just spoke to me. I remember thinking "holy shit, that is exactly how it feels, the picture isn't mine." Then thinking nah, obviously Clay was thinking something else when he wrote it, since he isn't gay. And that was that. LOL

Just musing aloud....I wonder if now, he will feel more able to express himself by writing more? That would be awesome...

I can hardly wait for the Gala! I've given myself a budget for auction items, but I strongly suspect it will go unspent, as my measly budget ain't gonna touch what some of those folks can bid. But hey....I can dream!

ETA: There are a few very nice pictures from Sunday screen door HERE~scroll down

Oh, those gala items look awesome. I won't have any money to bid on anything, though, but I'll enjoy watching others! I so hope Clay gets up and helps out with the live auction again. That was so much fun last year. As for his performances, I am hoping we get some OMWH stuff, but I doubt it. Just like last time we didn't get any ATDW stuff. I think he likes to make us wait for the tour. Which I still believe is coming in the new year. :)

Oh, those gala items look awesome. I won't have any money to bid on anything, though, but I'll enjoy watching others! I so hope Clay gets up and helps out with the live auction again. That was so much fun last year. As for his performances, I am hoping we get some OMWH stuff, but I doubt it. Just like last time we didn't get any ATDW stuff. I think he likes to make us wait for the tour. Which I still believe is coming in the new year. :)

Yup, I'm withya! I'm hoping his "poll" from earlier on this year was for the Gala. So, maybe Ave Maria (was that it?) or Hallelujah or the full WAMLAW....?? And, of course, Faye's favourite :hysterical:

I think he likes to make us wait for the tour. Which I still believe is coming in the new year

From your mouth to whoever will listen's ears!

I want to go to a concert sit in the front row and scream until I'm hoarse for that guy! I want to show him all the love in the world and be surrounded by people who get Clay Aiken...who really get him........of course I mean that in the non-smuttiest way posssible*g*

Someone posted over there that he isn't free but I think he and us are probably the freest we have ever been. I have always been proud to be his fan but if I have to be honest sometimes it was hard to hear comments from people I work with.

Well you know "he's gay" kinda doesn't have the same ring to it any more. Yep he is...your point! I cannot wait for the response to that!!!

Ok that's it I can no longer go over to the OFC. I have had it with those people over there. I don't know if I can bring myself to tell you what someone did........Ok I know you want to know .......well someone posted the sNOflake picture over there!!!!!! Aaarrgghhh!!! I just can't take any more (*g*)

Did anyone decide if there would be an FCA get together in Raleigh? I'll be driving in alone so I can meet whenever.

I'll probably bid on the table gifts. The auctions start way beyond my budget. If it weren't for the stock market, I might've been interested in bidding for some of the NC vacations. Even my husband called the architect and asked him to stop working on the plans for remodeling our house. And that's how the economy starts spiraling downward.

I hope Clay has his funds invested wisely. Parker's gonna need a new pair of shoes et al.

I wonder if they'll bring Parker to the Gala? That's probably when they'll all go back to NYC. Mid October and all. :wordpooper:

I think we definitely need to plan an FCA get together. Maybe lunch somewhere on Saturday before the gala? Or a dinner Friday night? Or a brunch Sunday? Hee, I'm easy.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up about Jaymes & Parker being at the gala, but you know....it's a possibility. Last year EVERYONE was there. Both Faye and Jaymes stopped by our table to chat (and we weren't even in THE dining room, the one where Clay was). This year I have heard there will only be one large dining room. YEAH. :)