#41: Clay Aiken Makes His Triumphant Return!

Couch Tomato

Thread Title  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What say ye - what's our new thread title?

• Life is short! Enjoy the Aiken!
    • We're still having fun, and you're still the one!
    • I hope he's just out there sinning right and left.
    • Yes, I will eat fish with blueberries or anything else he's touched.
    • Anarcho-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync omnivores for Clay Aiken
    • I am not going anywhere except to Spamalot.

Yayyyyyyyyyy!!!

Stitches out!

Oh! For a second I thought we had more exciting news!

Holy CRAP! Me too!!!! Hee!!

I'm happy for your stitches out, though, cotton!

Hi guys! How's things? I wondered if y'all were still over here! And you are! How fun!

bwah

whoo hooo stitchie...

hey you know some of us well enough to know.. we ain't going nowhere!! and fun is our first, middle AND last name.

Well it's good to know that if Clay wants the world to know he didn't take money for the story then his high powered PR firm will make that known. Wonder if Clay Nation will give up correcting stories all over the net. I hope so. Clay is in capable hands.

Oh YES! I just get all tingly whenever institches shows up, comes out, whatever! :cryingwlaughter: :F_05BL17blowkiss: I always think of the first pm she ever sent me on CV on my Just Buddies thread...she basically told me she'd do anything for or to me to ensure that I continued writing about Amelia and Clay!

:cryingwlaughter::hysterical: :lmaosmiley-1:

I knew I was gonna like her. :PB)

Clay's publicist, Cindi Berger, was featured in a CNN special in 2006 called "Chasing Angelina". Her thoughts on the job of a publicist and her interaction with one of her clients, Rosie O'Donnell, are in this transcript:

CNN - Chasing Angelina

This quote from another publicist in that transcript really struck me:

If you don't tell your own story, someone else is going to tell it for you and chances are you won't like the way it comes out.

As I read the original People article again, that is exactly what Clay got to do. He told his story, in his own words. Aside from a few comments from Jaymes used as photo captions, nobody else is sited in the article. No quotes from family members, no stories from friends or co-workers, no interjections from media pundits or social commentators. If Ms. Berger worked out this deal, I'd say she did very well indeed.

Seriously, Faye didn't even contribute any embarassing childhood pictures of Clayton. How often does that happen? :cryingwlaughter:

I don't know how many times I've watched the GMA video from day 2 (Clay talking about Parker), but I JUST noticed that we get a glimpse of Raleigh or Durham at about 3:23. Happens while Jaymes is in the hammock swing and you can see the dog. I'm a dog lover and I'm amazed I didn't see Raleigh/Durham, until now. Guess I was watching something else....like a cute baby!

Yeah wanda it's one thing having issues but to taunt someone with Aspergers, Just downright...oh I think mean is a good word!

Mean is code for sick fucking bitch.

I have been here on and off since the People mag last week. I am so thankful to have some great post here. I have read alot over at the OFC and even though I want to be supportive, I am having a hard time with dealing with the crucifying of Clay. I know he said he can take it but some people just repeat and repeat the nastiness.

I have said this before but I have been there before. My BIL at age 31 was diagnost with AIDS. Before he called one night and informed us of this he never had discussed with the family that he was gay. It was a shock. his mother never accepted it. He lived only 18 months and at the end he still could not talk to his mom. She told everyone at the funeral that he had cancer. It was so emotional of a topic.

I am one who wanted to believe that Clay was straight, because I wanted the ideal family for him. But I look at the pictures and GMA footage and see that he has his family and is very happy. I want the world for him. He may be Gay but I will still lust after him. He is just one gorgeous, talented, and beautiful individual.

Yeah wanda it's one thing having issues but to taunt someone with Aspergers, Just downright...oh I think mean is a good word!

Whoa. I haven't been there since this morning, so I missed this....not sure I even want to know.

. (But of course, I do... :blush:)

I really just don't want to be supportive anymore. Those people posting that Clay is an abomination and going to hell and THE WORST that David's son (as in David and Goliath) died because of David's sins were so completely horrendously out of line and sickening that the whole suffering bunch can just leave as far as I'm concerned. How do gay fans feel reading this vile hate crap?????

Wow, wandacleo. I think they are testing to see how far they can go. I stopped reading there because it was affecting my mental state. I really feel sorry for some of those peoples' families if thats how they go off on someone they don't really know.

I just lost it on another board with someone who believes the gnat. I better get back to making son#1's birthday gift.

I promised myself I would go everyday and try to post in support of Clay or his supporters, but today really sickened me. Even the mod asked people to stop calling him an abomination or using "Satan" and "Clay" in the same sentence. How sick is that????

I get this picture in my head of Clay being appalled at what has been written over there! He is better off without people like that.

And now if they would actually fucking LEAVE!! Dear lord - they are the sick ones.

:::sigh::: Is anyone else drooling over Derek Hough on DWTS? Or any of the other dancers? Yo! It's a distraction!!

Travel advisory.... don't travel where you don't have internet for 12 days! It took me over eight hours to sorta catch up (skipped the end of the last thread and only read every other page until page 48 in this thread).

Whew! I leave you guys alone and look what happens... :cryingwlaughter:

Permaswooned called me in Maui on Tuesday last to fill me in on the rumors about GMA and People. Didn't see either until I got back at midnight last night. Then I started catching up on my two boards.

I'm very sad to say that my other board/thread lost two of it's members (and there were only 10 of us) over the baby and then the coming out. They were great Clay fans and supported him with pre-parties and cd release parties and multiple Spamalots/tours and all that there. It's very sad. It was the religious, it's a sin, thing that did one of them in and the other just got sick of the taunting she was getting from family and friends/co-workers and constantly defending him. No bashing of Clay from either of them, just sadness that they just couldn't support him any further. I just find it incredibly sad. One of them has children. What would she do if one of them came out?

I read a friend Clay's post from the OFC and she exclaimed, what a very good man he is! That says it all for me! That's all that counts for me! What the hell else matters???

Catching up follows, so scroll at will...

By the way... I LOVE FCA AND YOUSE GUYS EXCESSIVELY!!!!

I've been reading the People magazine thread at OFC and am happy to say that 99.9% of the posts have been very supportive.

I liked this one:

This is a freaking OUTRAGE! WHAT in the world was Clay thinking???? Parker is wearing matching socks! (AND they aren't even striped, for Pete's sake!)

Lotus... BWAH!!! :hysterical:

Has anyone contacted liney? jmh? Has anyone heard from cindilu about last night?

ldyj... thanks for thinking of me! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Lonelynomore

You have led a sheltered life. A man can get an erection looking at a piece of asparagus.

wanda.... ok, how low am I on the list for marrying you? Jest wondering??? :cryingwlaughter:

Maybe our dreams for Clay have died but one of his has just been born for him.

merrieee... schoompie here!!! How scary for them that Parker needed surgery when so very little!

My friend Betty897X created this wallpaper a few days ago, and I think it is simply beautiful....

people1wp1.jpg

ldyj... more schoompie! Betty makes great wallpapers, so tell her thanks!!!

De-lurking to say I don't know if anyone caught the end of SNL but at the end Amy Poehler came out wearing a Clay Aiken shirt. She even pointed to his name while the credits were rolling. I thought I was done crying but I'm now tearing up all over again. Or Amy is having Clay's baby too.

ETA: No nothing else was said. I expected them to make a joke during Weekend Update but they didn't do anything.

So proud of Clay. Thank god for this board and a few others because the OFC has got me so down. I'm really sick of the lying debate.

trophywife... WELCOME!!!

It wasn't actually a picture of Clay on that shirt. It was a picture of a SNL castmate Clay'd up.

Maybe she didn't have time to get a real shirt--and copywrite may have prevented her from just having one made up of a internet picture.

Cori

Another new member... Cori Clayverted... WELCOME!!!

Squid and shit - just another typical Sunday at FCA.

I'm laughing so hard, I can barely type... :hysterical:

anna.... me, too! Bottle.... BWAH!!! :cryingwlaughter:

Whoa...I just finally posted on THAT THREAD at the OFC. I hit the "submit" button and then gasped. I haven't posted there in a long time so I'd forgotten what my siggie said. I wrote these things so very long ago in an essay...

Rest easy, Clay. Your voice and your heart will carry you where you choose to go. I'll simply love you along the way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Clay opens his mouth and releases the joy and spirit in that magical voice and I am his. He gives us so much of himself. He trusts us. I choose to trust him, too

muski... I LOVE those siggies! They're perfect!

I'd much rather bring the (hopefully) funny, but sometimes I feel like I have to post the serious, too.

I think perhaps it's become all too easy to brush off the rantings of some poster at out in the wilds of the Clay Nation not-so-fondly known as "Elsewhere" that I honestly don't know from Adam. I find it much harder to dismiss the thoughts and uncertainty being expressed by posters I feel like I know from here, who've always been level-headed and thoughtful and kind to me. I may not share the turmoil, but I want to try to empathize and not contribute to unnecessary divisiveness. I hope the door is always open, and time is allowed for feelings to become more settled. Ya know what I mean?

Words said in anger, aimed at someone

Are hard to take back, once the damage is done.

bottle... very wise, my dear!!!

CG... your attitude around Parker frosted my tutu a bit, but your wonderful support of Clay and those who are struggling with this announcement made me glad you've stuck around through the disagreements... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

My last word... as we have noted several times, the man has titanium ones and I bet he passes them on to Parker! I just hope I get the occasional glimpse! :cryingwlaughter:

gbmifan said:

I am one who wanted to believe that Clay was straight, because I wanted the ideal family for him. But I look at the pictures and GMA footage and see that he has his family and is very happy.

Thank you for saying that! It bothers me when someone says they had wanted a happy home and family for him, because it looks to me like he HAS those things.

I don't think there really is an ideal family.

Wow - I read about 5 pages at the OFC thread. I need a drink. And a shower. And then probably a few more drinks, and some of whatever that 'nanner was smokin' yesterday.

I really have to wonder if Clay realized when he allowed them free reign to beat up on him that so many other people would be flayed with the same whip. It's just frustrating to see the same names stirring the same shit over and over and over again. And I'll bet right here and now they'll be there long after the thread gets locked, spreading their scourge in other threads. Probably think $30 is a cheap price to pay for such sport. I truly despise them. No sympathy, no understanding - I just plain despise them. I wish bad things on them. I am not religious whatsoever, but I really believe if God does exist it's these nasty bitches that are in for a shock on the other side, not Clay Aiken.

Wow - I read about 5 pages at the OFC thread. I need a drink. And a shower. And then probably a few more drinks, and some of whatever that 'nanner was smokin' yesterday.

Ditto, cindilu....I truly wish Clay had made the 'free speech' rule for only one week instead of two. And I truly wish those who are steadfast in their anti-gay, anti-Clay, anti-support would just....

leave already. Geez. We heard you. :yapyapyapf: You don't admire/like/respect/agree with/condone/appreciate/believe Clay Aiken anymore. Tough titties. Your loss....

But I honestly canNOT believe it's Clay's or our loss if you DO go. Call me mean. Call me a bitch. Or just call me in the morning, but there you have it. It IS a Clay Aiken FAN board, after all, so if you can't be a fan of the man anymore--for whatever reason....just LEAVE! :argument::onsoapbox:

Oh...and one more thing!

DO let the door hit you in the ass on the way out! :abuser: