#41: Clay Aiken Makes His Triumphant Return!

Couch Tomato

Thread Title  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What say ye - what's our new thread title?

• Life is short! Enjoy the Aiken!
    • We're still having fun, and you're still the one!
    • I hope he's just out there sinning right and left.
    • Yes, I will eat fish with blueberries or anything else he's touched.
    • Anarcho-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync omnivores for Clay Aiken
    • I am not going anywhere except to Spamalot.

It must be terrible to see sin everywhere. Who would even want to live like that? I just don't get it.

Of course--right now, I'm seeing bitches everywhere.

I wonder if it's similar?

I do kind of understand why Clay wanted to have a place for fans to vent. Some people have to get their anger out before they can move on. However, if there are a lot of angry people venting together, I can't help wonder if it only reinforces their bitterness and resentment.

I really do feel for the people who are struggling with their feelings on this. I think there are people who feel a conflict between their religious beliefs and their affection and respect for Clay. I think there are also people who do harbor deep-seated homophobic beliefs, but do love Clay and want to find a way to get past their feelings. And there are those who are still dealing with what they sense as a betrayal. I have seen evidence on various boards that slowly, many of these people have begun to come to terms with Clay's coming out. Not everyone, of course. But quite a few.

But there are also some, it seems, who cannot seem to let the anger go. I'll admit, I do worry about them, a bit. Sometimes, the scariest stalkers are embittered ex-fans. Remember Selena?

You know, there are some benefits to letting fans vent on the OFC board. Now, Clay has the names of those may seem dangerous. I also think that, at some point, Clay will blog about this to fans. ("We'll talk later.") Maybe that thread allows him to take the temperature of the fandom before formulating his comments.

I only hope that he understands that the OFC message board has never been representative of the fandom as a whole. The level of discord and viciousness is at a completely different level than other board. Something about it (not sure if it's the moderating or what) has made it one of the most toxic and least enjoyable places to be, and it has been from the day it was started. And it's such a shame, because it's the one board we knows he reads.

wanda, how about posting A Letter to Louise in-line instead of as a link?

*give merrieeee a virtual backrub*

Because it's about 10 pages long!!!

Do you think I SHOULD??

Why not? If we have to slog through those pages and pages of quoted stuff...

I tried. It's 100,000 characters too long. LOL.

Do you think I SHOULD??

Awwww -- and I was just getting ready to up my OFC post count by quoting it!!! LOL!

I only hope that he understands that the OFC message board has never been representative of the fandom as a whole. The level of discord and viciousness is at a completely different level than other board. Something about it (not sure if it's the moderating or what) has made it one of the most toxic and least enjoyable places to be, and it has been from the day it was started. And it's such a shame, because it's the one board we knows he reads.

I have no worries about that. I'm sure Clay doesn't base his view of his fans solely on OFC.

The Disney thing vaguely reminds me of the campaign by the Christian Coalition or the Moral Majority or one of those Ralph Reed / Jerry Falwell oufits to have certain scenes removed from Lion King and Aladdin -- the smoke spelling out S-E-X and stuff like that. I don't remember the details, but there were Baptist boycotts and such nonsense over it that I think Disney Corp. finally said, SCREW YOU, we'll have GAY DAY now.

Oooh, I have a copy of the Aladdin tape with the original lyrics to "Arabian Nights":

Where they cut off your ear

If they don't like your face

It's barbaric, but hey, it's home

-- does that remind anyone of someplace? :whistling-1:

Do you think I SHOULD??

Well, you could post it in sections. It's quite a good article. I quoted your post about it over there.

gbmifan said:

I am one who wanted to believe that Clay was straight, because I wanted the ideal family for him. But I look at the pictures and GMA footage and see that he has his family and is very happy.

Thank you for saying that! It bothers me when someone says they had wanted a happy home and family for him, because it looks to me like he HAS those things.

I don't think there really is an ideal family.

The Ideal Family is where there is LOVE. Period.

gbmifan said:

I am one who wanted to believe that Clay was straight, because I wanted the ideal family for him. But I look at the pictures and GMA footage and see that he has his family and is very happy.

Thank you for saying that! It bothers me when someone says they had wanted a happy home and family for him, because it looks to me like he HAS those things.

I don't think there really is an ideal family.

The Ideal Family is where there is LOVE. Period.

eta: Derek Hough can shake some serious booty.

And lives to shake another week!!

Okay...so evidently Lance Bass included a full-on kiss with his dance partner during a dance.

I'm TOTALLY going to lose a shitload of weight and start dance classes and become a professional dancer in time for Clay becoming a contestant on DWTS. I'm soooo going to be his dance partner and do all those sexay Latin bump and grind, groove and move, gyrate and rotate stuff with him and then I'll bribe the choreographer with lots of free sex so that he/she (I'm an equal opportunity briber :whistling-1: ) will design a routine where Clay must give ME a full-on kiss, too!

But see :lilredani: ...y'all will benefit, too, even though it won't be YOUR lips being devoured by those pink-shelled beauties. 'Coss you'll be able to see the effect of Muski's smooches on our man in THE PANTS! THE PANTS! :hubbahubba: (Just think: Rhode Island YGAF.... :sleezy:)