#41: Clay Aiken Makes His Triumphant Return!

Couch Tomato

Thread Title  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What say ye - what's our new thread title?

• Life is short! Enjoy the Aiken!
    • We're still having fun, and you're still the one!
    • I hope he's just out there sinning right and left.
    • Yes, I will eat fish with blueberries or anything else he's touched.
    • Anarcho-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync omnivores for Clay Aiken
    • I am not going anywhere except to Spamalot.

Well, first.....I want y'all to know that was NOT me commenting on James Beaman's blog! :hysterical:

...and second.....EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! for the GMA interviews!

I don't care WHAT he says, I am fascinated listening to him say whatever his heart desires. I do have to wonder:

-if he's listened to those of "us" saying that we'd love to hear a Part Deux of the original Diane interview (not 2006, but 2003 original) from his perspective now. That's been a recurring wish I've heard expressed for several years.

-or.....could this be a new book? Also a wish I've expressed, and heard expressed, many many times.

Whatever! I'm lovin' it, and I'm so thrilled that he continues to have that very valuable relationship with Diane. She's been a good friend over the years, was in 2006 and continues to be, that's obvious.

I'm delighted she's the interviewer and I'm really looking forward to hearing it.

I'm also loving the Broadway kudos he's receiving. Although I realize they're promotionally-driven, it's still exceptionally nice to hear for a change. Broadway ~ :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Could someone remind me what time GMA usually runs? Is it 8-10 AM?

ETA: Cotton :thbighug-1: that must have been scary! Head wounds bleed like no tomorrow!

Also, PLEEEEEZ is someone going to be able to capture the WHOLE thing rather than chopped-up bits of the interviews? I know I'd love that, and I'm sure I can't be alone in that either! :lol:

I found out this week that Hersheys has substitited Vegetable Oil for the Cocoa Butter in some of their candy bars! They now say chocolatey instead of Chocolate!

You also have to watch out for ice cream that has morphed into "frozen dessert" :ninja:

Not sure if that's just a Canadian thing, but I had no idea until someone from the Dairy Board filled me in at the grocery store last week. Gross!! May as well serve cool whip instead!! :wacko:

You really have to watch the labels!!

I found out this week that Hersheys has substitited Vegetable Oil for the Cocoa Butter in some of their candy bars! They now say chocolatey instead of Chocolate!

You also have to watch out for ice cream that has morphed into "frozen dessert" :ninja:

Not sure if that's just a Canadian thing, but I had no idea until someone from the Dairy Board filled me in at the grocery store last week. Gross!! May as well serve cool whip instead!! :kotz0:

You really have to watch the labels!!

:lol: That's one of the things I miss the most when I'm in the US~REAL chocolate. Did you guys realize your "chocolate" tastes comPLETEly different from ours? It's kind of~waxier, is the only way I can describe it.

The funny part is, when I'm at home in Canada, I rarely eat chocolate. But when I'm in the US and can't get it......I WANT IT!! :hysterical:

I just realized that the OFC bio contest has a prize worth $10,000. It is two tickets to Spamalot and a backstage tour with Clay.

It might have been worth it to have a professional write it. :naughtywag:

Yeah, Fear.

You know I tried and tried. And gave up.

Then yesterday morning AFTER the deadline, of course, the perfect "angle" popped into my head.

Could that thought have pierced my conscious brain BEFORE the deadline??

NO!

pffft!

Getting old sucks.

One nice thing today. The ER Charge nurse, Frank, asked me my birthday when he was reading what was in the computer record. Twice, emphasizing the year. "Yeah, that's right", I say.

"You don't look that old", he says. "I say that because I'm 56, right up there with ya", he says.

I'll take it! :)

Beaman's remarks about Clay? Hm. In other news, what does Patrick Heusinger think of Rick Holmes? Yeah, I know. Who?

heh...

Mind over matter, y'all. I don't mind because the blogger just doesn't matter. :)

Hi, y'all. Got internet today! Yay! Got cable back! Yay! Still no phone. Boo! But got internet! Yay!!!!

Missed you guys. Will try to catch up later.

P.S. merrieeee is a gooood texter, yo. :)

hee now that's funny

I think the blogger does matter and I think it's a shame that HE GOT MAIL. It's been five years and I think it's time we stop turning good stuff, although not OMG HE IS THE BEST PERFORMER IN THE WORLD gushing into something bad. Thankfully he was graceul enough not to turn on Clay as has happened many times in the past. There is no way that man needed to defend himself for his own opinion.

Love all the Love Clay is getting. So have we confirmed the GMA thing? Surely someone has called the station by now. I haven't been here just for the music, well since Idol. If I were, I'd probably just buy the albums and get a big chunk of my life back.

Dancing with the stars..two people I can't stand..let's see how long I last. Susan Lucci was surprisingly bad.

Speaking of Diane, does anybody ... and in this fandom I KNOW somebody must ... have that short clip from around the end of Idol when Clay says, "I love you, Diane." I loved that when I saw it and somehow must have lost it along the way.

I knew playbiller would have it. I have it on an older hard drive too, if she has problems.

Welcome back 00lsee.

About the blogger. I think it's just ridiculous that if one fan speaks out it is considered representing every fan. I think we have freedom of speech in this country and everyone's opinions should be taken as individual statements. If I could control every word that comes out of my husband's mouth, we would have the perfect marriage.

For instance I ordered a jacket to wear to the gala. When it came in I tried it on to make sure it fit and that I liked it. I asked my husband what he thought and, unfortunately for him, he said "What planet are you from." :smartass:

In other words, I don't take responsibilty for what anyone else says, even if it ticks me off. If people insist on grouping all fans together, it's their bad. I can no longer control a fan than I can control a blogger or my husband. :hangin:

ETA: Good morning. I hope everyone has a beautiful day. Today our tutoring training starts again. This year I'll have a five year old that tests at the three year old level. Should be a challange.

Oh how wonderful it would be if Clay actually talked a lot about his CAREER and his CAREER plans before some in the general public forget he has one!

Heeee......I think the general public knows he is in Spamalot right now, at least the ones who care about that stuff, and I am pretty sure Spamalot is part of his career. Maybe not the career some others have decided he should have, to suit themselves - but IMO, he sings, he dances, he gets good reviews, he gets paid, he has a contract, he has evidently willingly and happily gone back for more - so yeah, Spam is part of his career. IMO, yada yada. And the publicity lasts a lot longer than a couple of weeks of CD PR.

Then, too, the general public doesn't spend a lot of time thinking about entertainers' careers, I have found.

Anyway, I dislike career talk in the same way that others don't want to hear about Parker - because then there is the litany of how bad his choices are, how his friends/family/management are holding him back, how he needs better guidance, etc. ad infinitum.

Then, of course, every word is also set in stone and any deviance years from now makes him a liar or subverted by evil record producers. Blargh.

I don't even have any expectations, I just love to watch him talk and think and laugh.

Jemock wrote a lovely post about Parker and Clay over at the CH.

I do hope Clay keeps Parker close and private - not because of fans who seem to find Parker almost distasteful, but because of the nosy fans. Or the fans who will pronounce Clay and Jaymes bad parents because they don't feed/dress/whatever Parker the way they have decided is the onliest correct way.

I am still puzzled by fans all over the boards who demanded an explanation from Clay when this whole thing first broke, and worried what the wee as-yet-unborn babe would think when his dad didn't open his most private life to the public - but now don't want to hear a word about the baby or Jaymes now that things are pretty much confirmed. Hoping it wasn't true, I suppose!

Heeeee.....I remember impassioned posts about how horrible it was for Clay to have a dog!

Regarding Jemock's post. I think it's fine, but I think Clay should enjoy his baby the way he sees fit. Knowing Clay, he'll want to share his joy.

Oh, I see posts all over the net that are thinly veiled directives or really just hopes expressed, I know what you mean, but I quite enjoyed the actual baby stuff.

Anyways, I think Clay will do as he damn well pleases, that's what I love about him.

I keep thinking he can't top something, and then I check the boards and find he has been elected president or perfected cold fusion whilst turning down an incredulous Angelina Jolie!

Good Morning Everyone,

2 Days until Clay is telling his story on GMA!

:yahoo:

4 Days until Clay is Partying with Paula!

25 Days until The BAF Gala! :yahoo:

31 Days until Clay is Roasting Matt Lauer!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

One tiny insignificant little point is that no one knows how many comments that blogger received or the content of most of them. Yet it threw this fandom into a tizzy. And once again we're off to the races with name calling and lofty sounding posts to put down the great unwashed. Sigh.

OOIsee! Welcome back! :hello:

Anyway, I dislike career talk in the same way that others don't want to hear about Parker - because then there is the litany of how bad his choices are, how his friends/family/management are holding him back, how he needs better guidance, etc. ad infinitum.

Then, of course, every word is also set in stone and any deviance years from now makes him a liar or subverted by evil record producers. Blargh.

I don't even have any expectations, I just love to watch him talk and think and laugh.

Heeeee.....I remember impassioned posts about how horrible it was for Clay to have a dog!

Yay! OMG! I've found someone like me! :F_05BL17blowkiss: I know nothing about the music industry or how it works. I enjoy a little theater talk as I've done amateur theater. But when a single should be released and what it should be and marketing, etc, - not so much!

I'm also not a numbers person. At all!

And it is fun to watch him talk and think and laugh! He has such a dry quick wit and his laugh - how to describe that laugh? It's so spontaneous. Such a full bodied uninhibited, joyous laugh it pulls a laugh right out of you.

Plus - he can change in a millisecond. Serious one minute, goofy the next, quickly reacting to whatever surrounds him at the moment. FUN!

I rather like fun. hee

Oh, about the dog. I went to the NC Jersey drawing - when was that? That was the first time I met Faye and Diane. I was talking to Faye and she didn't know about the dog until fans told her. She nearly rolled her eyes out of her head saying, "He doesn't need a dog! He can barely take care of himself." Or something to that effect. Exactly what I would have said about my own son. It was cute.

Of course, today I think she would give a totally different answer. I'm sure she is as proud of the way her son has matured as I am of mine.

I think Clay will do as he damn well pleases, that's what I love about him.

I keep thinking he can't top something, and then I check the boards and find he has been elected president or perfected cold fusion whilst turning down an incredulous Angelina Jolie!

Love the bolded part of your post!

That last bit just CMSU!

Amazingly, I don't look nearly as much as like the Bride of Frankenstein this morning as I expected! :cryingwlaughter:

Kim, I see I have 25 days for my lovely blunt force trauma to heal. <_<

Oh how wonderful it would be if Clay actually talked a lot about his CAREER and his CAREER plans before some in the general public forget he has one!

Heeee......I think the general public knows he is in Spamalot right now, at least the ones who care about that stuff, and I am pretty sure Spamalot is part of his career. Maybe not the career some others have decided he should have, to suit themselves - but IMO, he sings, he dances, he gets good reviews, he gets paid, he has a contract, he has evidently willingly and happily gone back for more - so yeah, Spam is part of his career. IMO, yada yada. And the publicity lasts a lot longer than a couple of weeks of CD PR.

Then, too, the general public doesn't spend a lot of time thinking about entertainers' careers, I have found.

Jemock
wrote a lovely post about Parker and Clay over at the CH.

I do hope Clay keeps Parker close and private - not because of fans who seem to find Parker almost distasteful, but because of the nosy fans. Or the fans who will pronounce Clay and Jaymes bad parents because they don't feed/dress/whatever Parker the way they have decided is the onliest correct way.

I am still puzzled by fans all over the boards who demanded an explanation from Clay when this whole thing first broke, and worried what the wee as-yet-unborn babe would think when his dad didn't open his most private life to the public - but now don't want to hear a word about the baby or Jaymes now that things are pretty much confirmed. Hoping it wasn't true, I suppose!

The things I am learning s-l-o-w-l-y but surely about some so-called fans truly floor me.

I will NEVER understand how anyone can find a baby 'distateful', ANY baby... but more so a baby that was so very wanted and so very loved by his parents and extended family. I personally can't wait for a pic, just as I always love receiving pics of children of the people I care about. Best of all, Clay is happy. Yes, I love knowing that Clay is happy in his personal life, and I am sorta interested in who he is being happy with LOL but other than that, I have my own life to live. Perhaps one day I will see him perform live, but it doesn't matter if I don't, because I have his music no matter where I live.

In the very beginning, it was his music that drew me in, and at the end of the day, it is still his music.

Yay! OMG! I've found someone like me! :F_05BL17blowkiss: I know nothing about the music industry or how it works. I enjoy a little theater talk as I've done amateur theater. But when a single should be released and what it should be and marketing, etc, - not so much!

I'm also not a numbers person. At all!

And it is fun to watch him talk and think and laugh! He has such a dry quick wit and his laugh - how to describe that laugh? It's so spontaneous. Such a full bodied uninhibited, joyous laugh it pulls a laugh right out of you.

Plus - he can change in a millisecond. Serious one minute, goofy the next, quickly reacting to whatever surrounds him at the moment. FUN!

I rather like fun. hee

Oh, I think there are a few of us that fit that description here, LOL. Could care less about 'career talk' unless it involves something that I can mark down on my calendar to attend or buy. Hatessssss the numbers stuff, and hatessss the marketing stuff with the heat of a thousand suns. :lilredani:

Can't wait for the GMA interview, and if it really is titled "My Story" then I would expect it would be more along the lines of the last few GMA pieces that focused on Clay's life (different aspects combined). Which will probably include his new foray into fatherhood. Anything he chooses to share on any subject is good with me. Like others, I love to hear him talk. About anything.

So, do we have any sort of confirmation of the GMA stuff yet? Or is it still just the one blog mention?

Wheeeeeeee! Got a text from cindilu2 that she made it to the airport this morning, so she should be winging her way to NYC right now!

Oh, I think there are a few of us that fit that description here, LOL. Could care less about 'career talk' unless it involves something that I can mark down on my calendar to attend or buy. Hatessssss the numbers stuff, and hatessss the marketing stuff with the heat of a thousand suns.

Yup, this would be me also. I don't mind hearing about it (the facts, not the extrapolation ad nauseum) but since I can't control what's happening with it, I'm also not going to beat my head against a wall if it doesn't sound "perfect" and it won't make him into "rock star superstar most popular entertainer of all the ages Clay Aiken"... Clay can be in charge of his own life and where it goes. I'm just along for the ride.

BWAH!! Somehow I missed all that. Where's the clack???

Here's a nice mention at Yahoo Broadway about Clay's return to Spamalot. The last paragraph cracks me up!

Clay is Back in Town!

If you are sad that [title of show] is leaving - fear not...Clay Aiken has returned to the rialto to reprise his role in Spamalot. Earlier this year, Aiken made his triumphant Broadway with the show earning glowing reviews from the New York press and wild enthusiasm from his legion of fans.

Newsday said "Aiken is a charmer" and the Associated Press said that "Clay Aiken deftly handles supremely silly."

Aiken will return to the role of ‘Sir Robin' and will join the Broadway company that is headed by Michael Siberry and Merle Dandridge as ‘King Arthur' and ‘Lady of the Lake' respectively.

I just want to point out that the press release headline read "Only American Idol finalist to slay the vicious chicken of Bristol triumphantly returns to Broadway." What in gosh name does that mean????