#42: We're still having fun, and you're still the one!

Couch Tomato

FCA Thread Title  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• Endlessly entertaining, never a dull moment!!
    • Clay you seriously need to go back into the closet....to find another outfit!
    • I luv him, he is the anti-cool. He is his own cool that far exceeds cool.
    • The balls may be lavander, but they're still titanium.
    • He's Clay. He's gay. And whatever. When's the next tour?
    • He's made of awesome!
    • Even more beautiful now, inside and out!
    • God, what a MAN!
    • That is a MAN.

Exactly. :Kolobok_Laie_haha: And Clay has been pretty insistent that people try to interpret the words to his songs and relate them to their own lives, rather than his. I don't think he was just saying that because he is & was gay. I think that's how he feels about singing, in general. He's a private person. Other than Lover All Alone, which he wrote, because as he put it he had "something to say".

Quoting myself because I realize I am being a tad hypocritical here. I'm guilty of listening to OMWH (the album) and even ATDW with new ears lately. Because I know Clay chose the songs, and I wonder if they maybe resonated with him for certain reasons. But usually if a song becomes a favourite of mine, it's because I can relate it to my life, not the singer's. Such is the case with Falling and Right Here Waiting, for me. Now, Everything I Don't Need & Without You, those are just pure GAH for me. Heh, don't need to relate to anything. Just sing it for me, Clay, cuz it sounds soooo gooooooood. :)

BTW that new laughing emotie is called Kolobok_Laie_haha.gif. BWAH! I'm never gonna remember that one off the top of my head!

God, I hope we don't have to wait that long. Prejudice does seem to be so casual and pervasive. I don't think, however, it should ever be free of challenge.

Oh, I hope it won't take that long, either.

But - look at women's rights.

Man!

Clay told the truth when he said things don't change overnight!

Okay, this is a stupid example, but have you seen the way HOUSE wardrobe dresses the hospital administrator, Cutty?!

I love the show, but any female hospital admin who dressed like that would have a hard time being taken seriously, IMO and DH always gives me grief for wanting to snatch wardrobe - or the director who oversees the show - bald-headed.

And . . .

:fca:

I made the mistake of going over to the OFC "support" Thread.

Speaking of wanting to snatch some people bald-headed.

Saying you were mislead and you can't "trust" Clay, but you have no problem with Clay being gay?

Shit, people. Go look in the mirror and strip your bullshit off and take a good look!

Ack!

I know. My own fault for looking.

:bigemo_harabe_net-24:

Heeee.....remember when either Clay or Kelly or both mentioned that lots of times they are singing a sad song and wondering what's for dinner.

I guess singing must be a good appetite stimulant because Billy Joel said the same thing... :cryingwlaughter:

Clay looks really great in the photos from last night. How can he look so thin again. That face is gorgeous and the cheeck bones are to die for. I am so glad he looks so happy. I think it is great he is taking pictures with his fans.

On call for work again, our census is low. Just know when winter hits my phone will ring every morning at 5am asking if I can come in. We are busting at the seams come December through April. Once the weather breaks we slow down again. Darn those kids who get sick in the winter. Did not comment before on Parker's surgery. We do see our fair share of babies with Pyloric Stenosis. They come in usually after projectile vomiting all day and some are really dehydrated and very sick. After diagnosis and taken to OR recovery time varies. Some Doctors take feeding very slow, like maybe 15cc of pedialyte every 2-3 hours to start out at and then gradual increase. I always feel bad when the little ones are crying because of hunger and pain. We do give small amounts of morphine the first day to take the edge off, then once they tolerate feeding we switch of tylenol. Usual stay is about three days. Once they tolerate feeding they can go home.

Since I am on call all day I may as well head to my Mom and do her grocery shopping and fill her prescriptions. Check in tonight.

KAndre dances into FCA...

The freakin' steroid shot in the shoulder worked! I am semi-painfree for the first time in MONTHS! YAY! Well, or at least until my physical therapist gets ahold of me. Dammit.

What are we talkin' about? Singers singing about themselves? Me, I've never cared - it goes along with not caring if they wrote a song or not - it's all totally about how it affects me - I don't even have to relate to it but it just has to touch an emotional chord (looks around for couchie) like MANDY! Heh.

When Clay looks happy, he just looks happy to me. No more, no less.

Touch? I like it, and I have a permanent slot on a CD with it - he can hate on it all he likes - don't care.

Tour. I need a tour. I'm afraid PerusingOne's ticket gathering skills will become rusty...

The boards, to me, can be fun and informative, but have nothing to do with my Clay fandom, if that makes any sense. I would cut the boards loose in a heartbeat, if they were unpleasant on an ongoing basis; I think I will keep Clay around in my heart forevah.

I can't imagine that any and all of us don't feel that way. It's why we switch and move around. Clay is the constant.

Scarlett, I think he said it a few times, but I remember at Meadville, I really got the message. People were passing out signs (and I was holding one) and he just seemed to have lost his patience with it.

I remember that from the cellcert. He was dead serious - he was tired of dealing with it and I think most of us finally got the hint.

Monday sure comes around fast.

Clay looks really great in the photos from last night. How can he look so thin again. That face is gorgeous and the cheeck bones are to die for. I am so glad he looks so happy. I think it is great he is taking pictures with his fans.

On call for work again, our census is low. Just know when winter hits my phone will ring every morning at 5am asking if I can come in. We are busting at the seams come December through April. Once the weather breaks we slow down again. Darn those kids who get sick in the winter. Did not comment before on Parker's surgery. We do see our fair share of babies with Pyloric Stenosis. They come in usually after projectile vomiting all day and some are really dehydrated and very sick. After diagnosis and taken to OR recovery time varies. Some Doctors take feeding very slow, like maybe 15cc of pedialyte every 2-3 hours to start out at and then gradual increase. I always feel bad when the little ones are crying because of hunger and pain. We do give small amounts of morphine the first day to take the edge off, then once they tolerate feeding we switch of tylenol. Usual stay is about three days. Once they tolerate feeding they can go home.

Since I am on call all day I may as well head to my Mom and do her grocery shopping and fill her prescriptions. Check in tonight.

Thanks for the interesting info about pyloric stenosis. Sounds like little Parker is doing much better after his surgery.

The peds unit and nursery at my hospital are really, really busy in the winter, too, usually because of kids with RSV. The poor little things feel so awful when they come in, but rebound pretty fast.

I LOVE this pic of Clay. RAWR!!!!!

IMG_1861_filtered.jpg

I emailed my Aunt to ask her if pyloric stenosis was what my cousin had when he was a baby. I don't know why I remembered that. He's several years younger than I am - I'm guessing he's 47/48 now. Aunt is a nurse and always explains things, so maybe that's why it stuck with me.

I can imagine Clay and Jaymes' distress! My Aunt was in distress and she was an RN! But it seemed none of the docs wanted to see past the Nervous Mother to listen to the NURSE who knew something was wrong with her baby beyond spit up and cholic!

My Cuz was 5 weeks 4 days when he had the surgery. Perfectly fine after that. But they did kind of tie it in with some allergies in his case. I think she may have changed his formula at the time. No cow's milk IIRC. Other than that he's quite the adventurous fellow! He was a FULL SPEED BOY!

At 17, fell water skiing and broke his neck! Small fracture, required a brace for the entire summer - then that was it! Who knew you could break your neck and not have repercussions?!

When you see that cute little baby on the cover of People, it's hard to imagine that he'd been any kind of sick!

BTW, has anyone ever come across just the cover phoro - without the text?

Really missing Clayaikenpix. Seems like something she might have had for us.

I've decided the support thread at the OFC is like a really bad car crash on the side of the road. You know its there, you know you shouldn't look, you know its going to upset you to see it... but for some reason you just can't help yourself from looking anyway.

HAH!! Love the analogy....and so true, unfortunately!

OK, so I've gone ahead and made the reservation....here is the restaurant website again for those who didn't have a chance to look earlier. The gentleman I spoke to (who sounds remarkably like Aron on the phone LOL) was not able to definitely confirm, as the banquet manager is not in today; but at this point, he sees no problem. I should hear for sure latest tomorrow.

I'll add a thread in the TBAF news forum HERE but it may not be right away~that work thing again!!

The reservation is for 9:30 and their preference is that we do the buffet (obviously cuts down on the wait staff needed). Cost of the buffet I believe is $12.99.

The list I have so far, please do let me know if you would like to be added or are bringing someone.

FromClaygary

claylove

Sammie

georgiesmybaby

fearofH2O

luckiest1

cotton

cindilu2+Karen

jmh123

claymatron

sassafras

scarlett

solo

perusingone

goldarngirl (just in case :) )

smartcookie

Cam552000

ncgran4clay

REALLY looking forward to seeing you all!

But usually if a song becomes a favourite of mine, it's because I can relate it to my life, not the singer's.

Yes. Really, how many other singers can any of us say we know or care enough about to even remotely be able to relate songs to their life? And then there are the personal filters. The lyrics and melody may mean one thing to one person and another to another. Just like art (and lately, interviews, apparently - heh) it's subjective. :shrug:

Monday sure comes around fast.

Yep. :cry4:

I couldn't sleep last night. I'm dragging this morning. I sooooooo want to be back home in bed. Coffee. I need more coffee. Maybe an IV drip...

From CV.

A site that picked up Clay blog:

We'll post the full diatribe after the jump, but for those of you who don't care enough to take three hours to read it, we'll sum it up for you: Clay somehow panders to his few "OMG this changes everything" fans without sounding hateful or condescending. We are slowly starting to respect this man-child more and more for the things he has to say on the gay issue his thoughts are eloquent and moving. There's few people who can speak to those who absolutely believe all homosexuals are going to hell without causing some sort of riot, and Clay is one of them. Bravo.

http://www.mollygood.com/clay-killing-the-...-room-20081006/

I'm kinda sick of being lumped together with media perceptions of the fandom. Sounds to me like she grudgingly gave Clay a compliment while simultaneously putting him down.

And - really - she says nobody cares about Clay's sexuality?

Who kept that story alive? The media. So obviously somebody cared.

pffft!

Sorry. What a bitch.

Lori? How much is the brunch?

And please forgive me if you already posted and I missed it. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I've decided the support thread at the OFC is like a really bad car crash on the side of the road. You know its there, you know you shouldn't look, you know its going to upset you to see it... but for some reason you just can't help yourself from looking anyway.

HAH!! Love the analogy....and so true, unfortunately!

OK, so I've gone ahead and made the reservation....here is the restaurant website again for those who didn't have a chance to look earlier. The gentleman I spoke to (who sounds remarkably like Aron on the phone LOL) was not able to definitely confirm, as the banquet manager is not in today; but at this point, he sees no problem. I should hear for sure latest tomorrow.

I'll add a thread in the TBAF news forum HERE but it may not be right away~that work thing again!!

The reservation is for 9:30 and their preference is that we do the buffet (obviously cuts down on the wait staff needed).

The list I have so far, please do let me know if you would like to be added or are bringing someone.

FromClaygary

claylove

Sammie

georgiesmybaby

fearofH2O

luckiest1

cotton

cindilu2+Karen

jmh123

claymatron

sassafras

scarlett

solo

perusingone

goldarngirl (just in case :) )

REALLY looking forward to seeing you all!

I think you can add Cam552000 & myself. As soon as she gets back with me I'll let you know.

:013085001176249046:

And I just can't watch Rock Hudson movies in which he plays the romantic, hunky leading man. If he were playing a romantic, hunky leading man opposite another romantic hunky man, I could buy into it and have no problem watching it. I just can't suspend disbelief that far.

Yikes--so acting isn't possible in your book, or at least acting across sexual preference? Wow. I'm pretty shocked by that. Or maybe I'm not. I would guess that is why most actors who are gay do not come out, because their careers as leading men or women will be ruined. The guys in Brokeback Mountain were straight. Didn't seem to affect most people's reaction to that movie. I don't know your reaction, or even if you saw it, but would you expect people to find it not believeable for that reason? Or is it OK for straight people to play gay, but not vice versa? What about bisexual actors? Can they play either, or neither? These are serious questions, and I hope you won't take them as criticism. I'm just boggled a bit.

Add me to the boggled list. It's really not surprising that so many people stay closeted. Clay is a brave man.

Good Lord!

Anybody watching The View?

:asking02:

Why?

Ah - thanks. I always get a little nervous when I see things like that ^ ^ ^

Political "discussion".

Elizabeth sitting between Whoopi and Sherrie.

Thought they were gonna end in a fist fight!

Even Barbara couldn't calm the storm!

I just wondered if anyone else was witnessing it?!

Wouldn't be surprised if it ends up on the Entertainment shows tonight!

From CV.

We'll post the full diatribe after the jump, but for those of you who don't care enough to take three hours to read it, we'll sum it up for you: Clay somehow panders to his few "OMG this changes everything" fans without sounding hateful or condescending. We are slowly starting to respect this man-child more and more for the things he has to say on the gay issue — his thoughts are eloquent and moving. There's few people who can speak to those who absolutely believe all homosexuals are going to hell without causing some sort of riot, and Clay is one of them. Bravo.

Actually, I liked it! I didn't read the whole blog, just this excerpt....but I think they're coming around, one by one.

I think you can add Cam552000 & myself. As soon as she gets back with me I'll let you know.

:013085001176249046:

Gotcha! ...and luckiest1, I have added smartcookie also as you see.

And Cotton....THANKYOU!! I did post the $ of the brunch MUCH earlier, but should have added it again....reception said $12-ish but I suspect it is actually $12.99. I'll amend the thread in the TBAF forum to add that info there as well.

I decided to stop reading in the supprt thread when that miserabe wretch who has been ranting and raving and hitting people over the head with the Bible for days actually announced she was going to one "final" Spamalot performance (while selling her other tickets--to sinners, I presume) and proceeded to say when she was going and where she was sitting and THEN got all worked up about how she was SO AFRAID of being attacked by Claymates who "recognize" her.

Give me a fucking break. Who in the hell would even look at this bitch???

Talk about wanting attention at any cost.

Wanda

I'm not sure.

How about stop being so damned subtle and tell us how you really feel?

Yeah. I saw her protesting her fear.

Shit. If FBM and her ilk can show up and not get beat silly, what are her chances?

:Kolobok_Laie_haha:

Ok...that woman has me totally perplexed. First, I have no idea what she looks like. I don't know who she is as a three-dimensional character---I only know her from her posts on a message board. She gave her seat location? And then said she's skeered? Huh? What am I missing here?

:attention_whore3:

Why she would want to go to Spamalot anyway is beyond me. I mean---never mind that Clay is one of the actors. The whole play is totally irreverent and what about Lancelot's 'coming out' song and dance? Puh-leaze.

and

duh.

Methinks she doth protest too much. :21: :fooling::drama: :whatacrock: :ohthedrama:

From CV.

We'll post the full diatribe after the jump, but for those of you who don't care enough to take three hours to read it, we'll sum it up for you: Clay somehow panders to his few "OMG this changes everything" fans without sounding hateful or condescending. We are slowly starting to respect this man-child more and more for the things he has to say on the gay issue — his thoughts are eloquent and moving. There's few people who can speak to those who absolutely believe all homosexuals are going to hell without causing some sort of riot, and Clay is one of them. Bravo.

Actually, I liked it! I didn't read the whole blog, just this excerpt....but I think they're coming around, one by one.

I tried to read the whole blog but my computer blocked it. I do have problems with some of her word usage, i.e., diatribe and pander. I am not sure she knows the real meaning of either. Looking them up on Oxford English Dictionary site, I found these definitions:

diatribe: a harsh and forceful verbal attack

I think that if indeed this is what Clay did, he would have caused a "riot" among some but the blogger praises Clay for his skill in avoiding that pitfall.

pander: gratify or indulge (an immoral or distasteful desire or habit)

Again, IMO this is exactly the opposite of what Clay tried to accomplish. He may have acknowledged the feelings of others but he firmly stated his right to make the decisions he made.

In addition to poor word choice, I take issue of the "man-child" characterization.

But what I like is that she:

uses "few" as an adjective to describe those who were upset

uses "without sounding hateful or condescending" to describe his thoughts

says his thoughts were "moving and eloquent" and that few could pull this off

ends it with "Bravo"

I think it is hard for some to make this 180 turn around when it comes to Clay so they soften it with the little digs (e.g., manchild).

Bottom line-IMO this person will be more likely to read Clay's future remarks with interest, not to put him down necessarily, but to see what he has to say...perhaps with a more open mind.

Yes I am a bit of a Pollyanna. My husband loves to say to me when I make a statement that he considers very naive: "There goes Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny is running after him!"

She's a hypocrite. If she is so damned against homosexuality why would she give her dollars to support Spamalot in the first place. And how many times has she seen it? Is this the same woman we were at first praising for stating her opinion about not being able to support Clay - when we just thought she was going to say it and then go away? Why would you put your seat number on the internet period. I think I got slapped in the head by Han for doing something similarly stupid. :Kolobok_Laie_haha:

Yeah I'm with you cagney... all I could think when i saw diatribe and pandering while she went on to describe just the opposite...I don't think those words mean what you think they mean.

about the easter bunny and santa. :Kolobok_Laie_haha:

man-child

Dictionary.com

man-child [man-chahyld] Pronunciation Key

–noun, plural men-chil·dren.

a male child; boy; son.

Also, manchild.

[Origin: 1350–1400; ME]

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)

Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.

Yeah. Marginalizing Clay yet again. I think some people can't let go of this Clay . . .

th_01.jpg

. . . instead of recognizing this Clay . . .

th_abc_gma_clayaiken_060920_nr.jpg

Who will be 30 years old in about 6 weeks!