#42: We're still having fun, and you're still the one!

Couch Tomato

FCA Thread Title  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• Endlessly entertaining, never a dull moment!!
    • Clay you seriously need to go back into the closet....to find another outfit!
    • I luv him, he is the anti-cool. He is his own cool that far exceeds cool.
    • The balls may be lavander, but they're still titanium.
    • He's Clay. He's gay. And whatever. When's the next tour?
    • He's made of awesome!
    • Even more beautiful now, inside and out!
    • God, what a MAN!
    • That is a MAN.

J4Clay at the OFC is a serious attention whore for sure and I am also sick of it. She reminds me of when a super skinny person is constantly saying how fat they are, just so you will say they aren't. I wish people would stop taking the bait because its really sickening how many people she is trying to manipulate...

Regarding that blog...I've always been a bit of a pollyanna too, so it didn't bother me. Yes, her choice of words was a bit off-putting, but I "read between the lines" (HA!) and am with cagney that maybe, just maybe, this person will be a bit more interested in what the man has to say now, especially since he did write very eloquently in that blog, IMO.

BTW, I knew the "man-child" thing would bother some...but I'll be honest and say that I've thought of him like that for a while. He's got many facets, and one of those, to me, is really being a KID so much. Even with the stubble, the longer hairstyle, the waldo...he's got a real childlike quality some times. And then he switches back to being a smart articulate man...sometimes in the same span of 30 seconds. IMO, Clay knows when to use each of these facets of himself, and I love it.

As for the other topic in question...*sigh* I don't understand that. I really don't.

Hey CG! Thanks for the recap!

J4Clay at the OFC is a serious attention whore for sure and I am also sick of it. She reminds me of when a super skinny person is constantly saying how fat they are, just so you will say they aren't. I wish people would stop taking the bait because its really sickening how many people she is trying to manipulate...

Just so I'm clear (if this is indeed the person who is advertising their seat). It was okay with God that she go to see (and laud) an irreverent play that also includes a rather ringing endorsement for homosexuality, as long as Clay wasn't gay. And now that he is, and she can't support him any longer it's okay to go one last time. I guess that's a different God - the one who could misplace a cup? Not the one whose sending Clay to hell? Allrighty then. I guess that's also the same God who will forgive her lusting after a stranger half her age all over the internet for years (because she didn't, you know, engage in the physical act), and will also forgive Clay being gay as long as he never actually engages in the physical act of love? It must be a pretty, pretty sky in the world these people live in.

Just so I'm clear (if this is indeed the person who is advertising their seat). It was okay with God that she go to see (and laud) an irreverent play that also includes a rather ringing endorsement for homosexuality, as long as Clay wasn't gay. And now that he is, and she can't support him any longer it's okay to go one last time.
Quite clear.

I guess that's a different God - the one who could misplace a cup?
Apparently.

Not the one whose sending Clay to hell? Allrighty then. I guess that's also the same God who will forgive her lusting after a stranger half her age all over the internet for years (because she didn't, you know, engage in the physical act), and will also forgive Clay being gay as long as he never actually engages in the physical act of love?
Maybe she should beseech God to give her a hand with the clue thing. D101.

It must be a pretty, pretty sky in the world these people live in.
Evidently, no rainbows.

People.com has now picked up the blog story:

Clay Aiken Says, 'Nothing Has Changed'

The author picked out a few things from Clay's blog, and did a fairly good job of summarizing it. Those articles are usually short, so they couldn't quote much of the blog. And it's written in a respectful tone, so overall I like it. But, I disagree with this statement: "many Aiken fans expressed feelings of betrayal by the American Idol alum." I really think it's really on a few of us who are feeling betrayed. But unfortunately they used a picture with bad hair! Ah, well, it's a great smile!

BWAH, cindilu and annabear!

Just so I'm clear (if this is indeed the person who is advertising their seat). It was okay with God that she go to see (and laud) an irreverent play that also includes a rather ringing endorsement for homosexuality, as long as Clay wasn't gay. And now that he is, and she can't support him any longer it's okay to go one last time. I guess that's a different God - the one who could misplace a cup? Not the one whose sending Clay to hell? Allrighty then. I guess that's also the same God who will forgive her lusting after a stranger half her age all over the internet for years (because she didn't, you know, engage in the physical act), and will also forgive Clay being gay as long as he never actually engages in the physical act of love? It must be a pretty, pretty sky in the world these people live in.

LMAO!!!! You know what is SO FUNNY about that?????? She is the one who has accused many of picking and choosing which "rules" from the bible to follow or ignore in order to suit their own personal interests. pot kettle black much????

People.com... I think Clay is going to get a lot of respect for not falling on his knees to apologize but instead confidently stating, he is not defined only by his sexuality, that he is the same person and nothing has changed. I admire him so much for that.

You know, People has done all right with Clay and his coming out. However, I have to take issue with the photo they chose in this latest online article AND especially with the airbrushing, tinting of the People cover photo. I really think they highlighted the cover pic to enhance effeminate traits---really pink lips, super flawless skin, etc. Yes, Clay does have 'pink shell lips' and lovely skin...But he really looks 'made up' in that pic as it appears in the magazine (the one to very left in our banner). And of course, the pic they chose for the online article today has him heavily made up in stage makeup---heavy foundation, etc.

I would've loved to have them post a pic like THIS with the article:

holybadpicture.jpg

OOOPS! Sorry...very wrong picture! :scream:

Waldo3test-1.jpg

Whoa! Nope...I don't think the general public is ready for THAT kind of coming out from Clay...heh. :hysterical:

Maybe something like:

post-98-1162949825.jpg

Yeah...THAT'S the ticket! :hubbahubba: :urhot:

They do provide a link to the fan club site....unfortunately it goes to the blog from 08/08/08 and not the most recent one. And I disagree about the hair in the picture! :P

OK I had to go back and take a second look. I don't see a thing wrong with the picture they chose! Or the picture on the cover of People, for that matter.

Hee, annabear!

Good for them. Clay said he wanted his blog read by as many people as possible. *wild applause*

He's still the same guy as 2 weeks ago. His personal life is HIS! That's what I say to my family who can't seem to understand that I'm still following and want to go see him in Jan.

Yumm!!! I personally love that picture (I love the JBT revisited hair too - but Blond! Clay! just does it for me - and I like the brushed back style too).

Ehhh - it's like everything else - attention gets focused more on the negative few than the positive many - not just about Clay stuff either. Squeaky wheels and all that. On the whole I think People has served him well in this.

Bummer- the clayonline link in the article doesn't take you to the blog in question. At least when I click on it, it takes you to the 08/08/08 blog announcing Parker's birth. Not sure how anybody who didn't know would find the blog they are writing about.

post-496-1223315546_thumb.jpg

Hee, annabear!

Good for them. Clay said he wanted his blog read by as many people as possible. *wild applause*

He's still the same guy as 2 weeks ago. His personal life is HIS! That's what I say to my family who can't seem to understand that I'm still following and want to go see him in Jan.

Still love his voice and just the way he is, no matter what.

Yumm!!! I personally love that picture (I love the JBT revisited hair too - but Blond! Clay! just does it for me - and I like the brushed back style too).

Ehhh - it's like everything else - attention gets focused more on the negative few than the positive many - not just about Clay stuff either. Squeaky wheels and all that. On the whole I think People has served him well in this.

Bummer- the clayonline link in the article doesn't take you to the blog in question. At least when I click on it, it takes you to the 08/08/08 blog announcing Parker's birth. Not sure how anybody who didn't know would find the blog they are writing about.

Yeah, I think he looks pretty good too! I don't think I'm the only one who sees the fingerprints of a very good PR person behind the scenes either.

Still catching up, but I think pages 7-27 are pretty much lost to me!! :D

I wanted to comment on this......

I know we don't want to go back and put a timeline on all of Clay's past songs, appearances, etc., in relation to his process of coming out and telling family, friends. But something hit me. Remember when he sang "Proud of Your Boy"? Wasn't that in 2004? I wonder if he sang that before or after he told his mother he's gay.

Well... it might not be too hard to figure out, if we know an approximate date for when Brett went into the Marines. :)

And when the POYB was recorded. Do we have access to those facts???

Whatever...it's all personal preference and perspective. I happen to think that the pics emphasize the feminine features...Remember Clay's lavender lipgloss when he sang "At This Moment" on AI? :) That's what his lips look like in this pic and the mag cover---like pink lip gloss...But that's just my take...he's still hot.

Gonna be interesting to follow this fellow, you know? He's kinda fun to hang out with....and it's fun when he hangs out, too. :sleezy:

Just so I'm clear (if this is indeed the person who is advertising their seat). It was okay with God that she go to see (and laud) an irreverent play that also includes a rather ringing endorsement for homosexuality, as long as Clay wasn't gay. And now that he is, and she can't support him any longer it's okay to go one last time.
Quite clear.

I guess that's a different God - the one who could misplace a cup?
Apparently.

Not the one whose sending Clay to hell? Allrighty then. I guess that's also the same God who will forgive her lusting after a stranger half her age all over the internet for years (because she didn't, you know, engage in the physical act), and will also forgive Clay being gay as long as he never actually engages in the physical act of love?
Maybe she should beseech God to give her a hand with the clue thing. D101.

It must be a pretty, pretty sky in the world these people live in.
Evidently, no rainbows.

bow.gifbow.gifanna, you really are the Queen of Spamisms. :Kolobok_Laie_haha: :Kolobok_Laie_haha: Brilliant!

Whatever...it's all personal preference and perspective. I happen to think that the pics emphasize the feminine features...Remember Clay's lavender lipgloss when he sang "At This Moment" on AI? :) That's what his lips look like in this pic and the mag cover---like pink lip gloss...But that's just my take...he's still hot.

Gonna be interesting to follow this fellow, you know? He's kinda fun to hang out with....and it's fun when he hangs out, too. :sleezy:

hee.

Everyone has their peeves Muski.

To me that People cover with Clay and Parker is one of my favorite pictures ever. I don't think he looks any more made up or airbrushed than say the ATDW photo shoot or Rolling Stone pictures - where on both he is excessively pretty and perfect. The one on the banner does look like botoxed lips LOL though. They are so plump looking which means that's one hell of a makeup artist.

I'm aware that the conversation has moved on, but just wanted to say that I attended the Saturday evening performance of Spam that Claygasm also attended. My thoughts on the show were almost exactly the same as hers, except that I did like the new king. I was sitting separately from my friends who were in Row B directly behind the fans that Jerome spoke to. Seemed to be a lot of fans in that general area and I wondered if maybe the muted response was directly related to that conversation.

Anyway, I was in my seat in the front row left when who should come and sit next to me but FBM. How lucky am I? Fortunately, after a bit of seat rearranging so her "friends" could sit with her, I ended up in the aisle seat next to Nikki.

They were fairly well behaved, but the one thing that had me actually biting my tongue was when FBM referred to one of the fans Jerome was speaking with as "crazy." Okay then..

One observation of mine that differs from Claygasm's is that in my estimation there were far more than 50 people at the stage door. I was at least 4 people back from the barricades and there were many people still behind me. My guess would be more than 100. I did not attend the matinee, but did arrive in time to be in the front for that stage door appearance, and I would say there were more people in the afternoon. It was quite crowded.

I did get a little snuggle with Mr. A. He posed with me for a picture but my friend who was taking the picture said the camera turned off just as she went to snap it. GRRRRRRRR. But it is captured on video, so all good.

I'm going to the Gala, but not sure what time we are leaving for home on Sunday. I'll check with my travel buddies but I do hope I can at least stop into the brunch and say hi.

hee.

Everyone has their peeves Muski.

To me that People cover with Clay and Parker is one of my favorite pictures ever. I don't think he looks any more made up or airbrushed than say the ATDW photo shoot or Rolling Stone pictures - where on both he is excessively pretty and perfect. The one on the banner does look like botoxed lips LOL though. They are so plump looking which means that's one hell of a makeup artist.

Couchie, couchie, couchie.... are you going to make me change my avi back? Cuz I will. Clay has always had the most delightfully full bottom lip - specially after he's been biting it. I would be more than pleased to post proof of this. :Kolobok_Laie_haha:

to wit:

hotforteacher.jpg

EFs.jpg

sans makeup

perfectfreckles.jpg

wssittinggulp.jpg

(oooops - that wasn't a delightfully plump lip shot, was it?)

Macysgah.jpg

DSCN0381-1.jpg

(I can testify to the perfect, pink, plumpness of these lips -

I was snuggled up to him when it was taken ;-P)

TOtongue.jpg

Dang - I'm sure there's a plump lip under there somewhere!!

ressamacCrop_CB.jpg*le sigh*

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed the hypocritical person on the OFC. I hate his behaviour and won't support him any more but oh wait I have this ticket to Spamalot and air fare from Houston so i'll just use that because it doesn't count. See it was bought before the great reveal so that's ok. I was not supporting a gay man at that time. Now don't you guys go attacking me in my burberry hat in seat whatever. Gee build a bridge already.....

It is not about you!!!!!!

If I read one more thing about he was lying and still is I might not be responsible for what I post!

Couchie, couchie, couchie.... are you going to make me change my avi back? Cuz I will. Clay has the most delightfully full bottom lip - specially after he's been biting it. I would be more than pleased to post proof of this. :Kolobok_Laie_haha:

Yes I think I will require proof of these so called plump lips - lots and lots of proof. :Kolobok_Laie_haha:

Merrieeee... I mean just think of all the money she can save to give to the church if she didn't go. She can use her ticket for something more to her belief system and not pay for hotel rooms/eating out/ etc. Why throw good money after bad.

Bwah on HD calling someone a crazy fan. I guess the wedding is off now that Clay is gay. Wonder if FBM knows she can probably get a nice little sum for photos of Clay's previous children. Are they still texting away?

eta: cuz plumb lips and plump lips aren't the same thing

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed the hypocritical person on the OFC. I hate his behaviour and won't support him any more but oh wait I have this ticket to Spamalot and air fare from Houston so i'll just use that because it doesn't count. See it was bought before the great reveal so that's ok. I was not supporting a gay man at that time. Now don't you guys go attacking me in my burberry hat in seat whatever. Gee build a bridge already.....

It is not about you!!!!!!

If I read one more thing about he was lying and still is I might not be responsible for what I post!

And sadly, you are the one who will be chastised, not them.

I just hope Jerome has the seat number and info (not that you could possibly overlook this woman). Frankly, the people who feel he needs 'saving' frighten me more than all the PH's or JP's of the world put together. The things these folks can justify in the name of God is terrifying.