#42: We're still having fun, and you're still the one!

Couch Tomato

FCA Thread Title  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• Endlessly entertaining, never a dull moment!!
    • Clay you seriously need to go back into the closet....to find another outfit!
    • I luv him, he is the anti-cool. He is his own cool that far exceeds cool.
    • The balls may be lavander, but they're still titanium.
    • He's Clay. He's gay. And whatever. When's the next tour?
    • He's made of awesome!
    • Even more beautiful now, inside and out!
    • God, what a MAN!
    • That is a MAN.

I, unfortunately, know a couple of ex-fans who think that Clay is now damned. They just left and have formed a new board. No hypocrisy at all, just a lot of sadness on their part and on mine.

a board to sit around and talk about how CLay did them wrong, to make lists of the lies, to pray for his soul... what? or just chat about the weather. I guess this is to be expected but I hope these good christians don't make a hater board.

Hopefully it's just about friendship cuz what's the point of still having your life revolve around someone you can't support.

couchie and everyone else that was concerned... No... the board is just for all the like-minded friends made over the 5 years to stay in touch and talk about families, jobs, health, etc. and Clay's name is not allowed to be mentioned, so it will not do him any harm. I was invited... I said no.

It is interesting to talk about the different facets of Clay. I just really think there is a danger of over analyzing the guy right now. But I guess its inevitable...we have been doing that ever since AI2.

Yes, indeed, with the over analysis. And at least I’m consistent. I almost always protest. <g>

Off topic random observation.

I swear Clay's teeth look more like his old teeth than his new teeth.

Is it just me???

I think they’re the same ones – when he smiles really big there is no hiding his gums. His teeth look beautiful though – I was noticing that in some of the other pictures. You can especially tell that his current ones are the new ones when you look at some recently posted old pictures.

Tour. I need a tour. I'm afraid PerusingOne's ticket gathering skills will become rusty...

I find that VERY hard to believe. <g>

Just so I'm clear (if this is indeed the person who is advertising their seat). It was okay with God that she go to see (and laud) an irreverent play that also includes a rather ringing endorsement for homosexuality, as long as Clay wasn't gay. And now that he is, and she can't support him any longer it's okay to go one last time. I guess that's a different God - the one who could misplace a cup? Not the one whose sending Clay to hell? Allrighty then. I guess that's also the same God who will forgive her lusting after a stranger half her age all over the internet for years (because she didn't, you know, engage in the physical act), and will also forgive Clay being gay as long as he never actually engages in the physical act of love? It must be a pretty, pretty sky in the world these people live in.

I’m assuming this woman is in the shape of a pretzel?

His teeth - they are quite simply beautiful. The person responsible for them is a genius/artist. They look so natural and beautiful (not perfect) now. When he first had them done they were a little jarring - but they have really done an incredible job. I love that he left the bottom ones alone. I would kill to be able to have his smile.

O/T My friend's daughter (in NC) goes to the same practice and is thoroughly pleased with them. She said they have an autographed picture of him on display in the office - and ironically - it's one of the ATDW photos - and he's NOT smiling. Heh.

KAndre - if it's any consolation, I can't stop singing that song either. dancing3.gif

:Kolobok_Laie_haha:

OMG, I finally was able to download the Mystery Song, Cindilu!! Don't know why I had problems before. Maybe my computer knew my DH was in the next room! :hysterical: Talk about an ear worm (or is worm the wrong word??)

I lurve Clay's new teeth too. Beautiful!

Had a fun day catching up here!

Random thought..."Run to Me" was my ringtone, now it's "Right Here Waiting for You" which I consider kind of prophetic after Clay's "news" since I'm not going anywhere...except where he is as often as possible!

I have not posted at the OFC since his People cover. Told him I'm proud of him and proud to be his fan. I have lost some friends from the fandom. I hope we can stay "just friends" but our reason to see each other is gone for them.

AND he is looking mighty fine at the stagedoor. This UNC girl (well, I WAS a girl once!) loves this picture!10-3-08pamalot2tag4.jpg

I don't think I'll be able to attend the Gala breakfast. I'll be taking my traveling buddy back to the airport around that time. Is anyone going to the CV dinner Friday? I sure hope I get to meet some of you!

Off to download the "Catchy song".....

j4clay is not Briget is it??? She didn't seem the type.
No no no! I believe she's "mad4clay", or something similar. I've seen her posting & she's fine, not going anywhere.

No, Bridget is still cool (she's from Minnesota, anyway, not Houston). I think j4clay's name is Jan and her avi at CB is/was a full-on cheek to cheek hug with Clay....she has a cubby face, IIRC. Anyone else know?

I had no idea she was the "one" at the OFC. Sad, really sad!!!

cindilu, the sendspace you posted is used up. Any chance of posting another?

You're right about both mad4clay and j4clay. I thought it was sad too because j4clay seemed so nice at the cb. I had no idea she was crazy. Maybe I shouldn't have put it that way, but she is definitely judgemental and it doesn't matter to me if she uses the bible as an excuse to do it. Judgemental is judgemental any way you look at it.

This UNC girl (well, I WAS a girl once!) loves this picture!

HippoGA....now wait just a danged minute, here! Tread carefully....I'm from Demon Deacon country! GO DEACS!

Sincerely,

Muskifest, Proud Wake Forest Alumnus! :cheerleader:

From butterflyshine at the OFC, probably in relation to Trick or Treat for UNICEF.

My contact at UNICEF gave me a heads up that they are expecting a new Fieldnote blog from Clay tomorrow...

this post may travel...

*keys into the school talk*

UNC vs. Notre Dame this weekend!

(I'm a Notre Dame fan.)

To take this conversation back to teeth, hope nobody minds, I can never tell the difference between his 'old' teeth and his 'new' teeth.

This UNC girl (well, I WAS a girl once!) loves this picture!

HippoGA....now wait just a danged minute, here! Tread carefully....I'm from Demon Deacon country! GO DEACS!

Sincerely,

Muskifest, Proud Wake Forest Alumnus! :cheerleader:

What a small world!

I have to share a funny story! My hometown is Salisbury, NC. My grandmother and mother took me to Wake Forest for a college visit. As we parked, my grandmother saw a single solitary beer bottle behind a bush! She looked me straight in the eye and told me I should not go here, that I should go to "the university"! LOL! I've only been back to Winston-Salem once since then...for the Independent Tour!

I will always be "A Tarheel born and a Tarheel bred" but I'm also very loyal to the University of Georgia...they sign my husband's paycheck! Clay content? Remember when he thanked us for "spending our money to see him" and "spending our husband's money"?!! Money well spent!

Speaking of teeth.... :thbighug-1: to aikim for scheduling the appointment on Friday.

Are you sure you won't be doing the groceries? When I had my wisdom teeth pulled in the morning, I went straight to work that afternoon.

For 5 years I was afraid to get my 4 wisdom teeth pulled cuz on the video they make you watch they say you can die eek sorry aikim. But when I finally got it done, I took a tylenol once and was back to normal the next day. It was less painful than a deep cleaning. But the hubby should still do the grocery shopping. hee.

the board is just for all the like-minded friends made over the 5 years to stay in touch and talk about families, jobs, health, etc. and Clay's name is not allowed to be mentioned, so it will not do him any harm. I was invited... I said no.
Yup. So Christ-like, right? Unbelievable!

~~~~~~ OT ~~~~~~

Spent the day with DS. He and DIL of 5 years are getting a divorce, so I was helping him unpack, going with him to Lowe's for a few things. Just trying to help him turn his little house back into a home. They lived there when they first got married, then rented it out. So he's now moving back in. Looking at trying to figure out how to be a bachelor again.

We did have a good day, laughed a lot about politics and SNL and other things. I took him out for supper and it was nice. The waitress has the same first name as DS so that was kinda funny.

He seems like he's doing okay - although he has a really bad cold right now - but it's still hard to see the pieces of his life scattered in boxes and wrapped in newspaper. He's a good guy. I hope the right girl finds him after he has time to reframe his life.

It's hard to see your children hurting.

. . . a bit more . . .

DS and DIL aren't fighting. It's been coming for about a year. She's the one who wants out. DS says she's happy when she's working but that's about it. DS loves, loves, loves childen and she doesn't want any. So - there's one good thing. There are no children being torn asunder.

And - I hope he will find a young woman who wants children. I imagine it's going to be hard to find someone his age (33) who doesn't already have some and that can be really good or difficult. I just wish he'd meet someone he loved, who loved him back and who would be thrilled to have children with him.

I guess that's one of the reasons I keep looking at Precious Parker on the cover of People.

I wish my son could have that Joy!

I'm feeling a bit low tonight.

I am, however, wishing I could go find that mystery song on Youtube. I'm don't want to download. Computer acting SL-O-O-O-OW and I don't want to wait for a dl.

Sorry for barging in with such downer Non-Clay stuff.

Hopefully I'll be feeling more like me tomorrow.

I never cry and I'm actually getting teary tonight. No energy for self-righteous folk posing as Christians. That's my opinion about them.

Sad, really. Must be hard to live inside those hard hearts.

OMFG - so I'm looking in my old Clack files for that POYB video - and I see this file called 'Mystery Song'. I have no idea where it came from or when I downloaded it - but I clicked on it just to see what the heck it was. LOLOL - I think it should be Clay's new theme song, really.

Sendspace - not for the shy.

OH HELL! I started listening to this in my office...no problem, just bopping along with it and smiling...THEN the chorus started up right as my colleague walked by my open door---just happened to be the gay man I have the hots for, my real -life Clay clone! He actually walked by, then grabbed my doorframe and dipped back to look at me with his mouth open!

:Kolobok_Laie_haha: :lmaosmiley-1: :hysterical: :Kolobok_Laie_haha: :Kolobok_Laie_haha:

Cheez whiz. I decide to check in and the first thing I find is THAT, lmao.

:Kolobok_Laie_haha: :lmaosmiley-1:

(I have the mystery song on my old laptop somewhere, lol)

waldocheck-1.jpg

Muski has inspired me to post my first smutty picture since "the news".

Are we still supposed to be looking at his enormous penis? We're not supposed to be doing that are we?

Damn.

Aw who cares. Seereeusly. What the hell...

waldosandpants.jpg

Waldo.jpg

WaldoRIYGAF.jpg

Milwaukeemoampengy.gif

waldopenguinmeasuring.gif

OK. I feel better now. I had a few rough days dealing with "the news". I'm over it.

Anyway, I was in my seat in the front row left when who should come and sit next to me but FBM. How lucky am I?
Just as lucky as I was on Sept 21st. She didn't crack a smile for Clay the whole freakin' show. Why does she bother going? At least HD seemed to enjoy the show.

:8:

ETA:

Smiley pitchurs! :clap:

Cotton, I hope your son can get through this in the best possible way. And as for his being 33, etc? Perfect! And as far as women 'that age' being able or willing to have kids, well...I was 38 and 42 when I had my two and didn't get married until I was 32...it will happen when it's supposed to. It sounds as if you two have a close relationship and that'll help both of you... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

And Couchie....I love Warren Sapp, too! He's sexxxaaayyy....But that chef guy---nice guy but can't dance and Susan Lucci is stiff as a board (like her breasts.... :whistling-1: )

ETA: uh....canfly? I have absolutely every intention of continuing my....er....appreciation of ALL of Clay's assets....and the pictures you chose to post only confirms the wisdom of that intention. :sleezy: (special wink for liney... ;)

Cotton The world is full of good women who will want a nice 33 year old. Maybe this is the beginning of a wonderful new life. It doesn't sound like the marriage was ideal--especially if they didn't agree about children. It IS sad to think of your children hurting--I know.

And - I hope he will find a young woman who wants children. I imagine it's going to be hard to find someone his age (33) who doesn't already have some and that can be really good or difficult. I just wish he'd meet someone he loved, who loved him back and who would be thrilled to have children with him.

I have to say, I'm surprised you think it would be difficult to find a woman that age without children. I know so many women in their thirties who would love to get married and have children. The complaint is always that there aren't enough men who are ready to settle down!

Thirty-three is still very, very young these days. He has plenty of time to find someone.