#42: We're still having fun, and you're still the one!

Couch Tomato

FCA Thread Title  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• Endlessly entertaining, never a dull moment!!
    • Clay you seriously need to go back into the closet....to find another outfit!
    • I luv him, he is the anti-cool. He is his own cool that far exceeds cool.
    • The balls may be lavander, but they're still titanium.
    • He's Clay. He's gay. And whatever. When's the next tour?
    • He's made of awesome!
    • Even more beautiful now, inside and out!
    • God, what a MAN!
    • That is a MAN.

I decided to stop reading in the supprt thread when that miserabe wretch who has been ranting and raving and hitting people over the head with the Bible for days actually announced she was going to one "final" Spamalot performance (while selling her other tickets--to sinners, I presume) and proceeded to say when she was going and where she was sitting and THEN got all worked up about how she was SO AFRAID of being attacked by Claymates who "recognize" her.

Give me a fucking break. Who in the hell would even look at this bitch???

Talk about wanting attention at any cost.

J4Clay at the OFC is a serious attention whore for sure and I am also sick of it. She reminds me of when a super skinny person is constantly saying how fat they are, just so you will say they aren't. I wish people would stop taking the bait because its really sickening how many people she is trying to manipulate...

Just so I'm clear (if this is indeed the person who is advertising their seat). It was okay with God that she go to see (and laud) an irreverent play that also includes a rather ringing endorsement for homosexuality, as long as Clay wasn't gay. And now that he is, and she can't support him any longer it's okay to go one last time. I guess that's a different God - the one who could misplace a cup? Not the one whose sending Clay to hell? Allrighty then. I guess that's also the same God who will forgive her lusting after a stranger half her age all over the internet for years (because she didn't, you know, engage in the physical act), and will also forgive Clay being gay as long as he never actually engages in the physical act of love? It must be a pretty, pretty sky in the world these people live in.

At least by going to a Broadway musical she will not be supporting any other gay people whatsoever since the place is crawling with straight men.........

(Not wishing to stereotype, just struck me as another weird thing......)

Cotton you don't ever have to apologise for "downer non-Clay stuff" :F_05BL17blowkiss:

At 33 your son is the perfect age for a woman who knows the right man when she sees one. He sounds like he would be a catch .

{{{{{cotton and cottonson}}}} I agree that he will have no trouble finding someone to love him and give him children at his advanced age. He could marry someone in their late 20s-mid-30s who didn't have kids easy. My daughter didn't have her first until she was 35 and her 2nd at 37.

This UNC girl (well, I WAS a girl once!) loves this picture!

HippoGA....now wait just a danged minute, here! Tread carefully....I'm from Demon Deacon country! GO DEACS!

Sincerely,

Muskifest, Proud Wake Forest Alumnus! :cheerleader:

What a small world!

I have to share a funny story! My hometown is Salisbury, NC. My grandmother and mother took me to Wake Forest for a college visit. As we parked, my grandmother saw a single solitary beer bottle behind a bush! She looked me straight in the eye and told me I should not go here, that I should go to "the university"! LOL! I've only been back to Winston-Salem once since then...for the Independent Tour!

I will always be "A Tarheel born and a Tarheel bred" but I'm also very loyal to the University of Georgia...they sign my husband's paycheck! Clay content? Remember when he thanked us for "spending our money to see him" and "spending our husband's money"?!! Money well spent!

Ok, you NC peeps... where did the name Tarheels come from? I have had sooo many people ask me, assuming since I am a Clay fan that I would know... I have to confess being a ignoramus about the name and I want to impress the next time I am asked, soooo... this inquiring mind wants to know!

{{{Cotton}}} :thbighug-1:

canfly, nice to have you back. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

clazycoffin, good to see you posting. So we haven't scared you off yet? :Kolobok_Laie_haha:

annabear, thanks for bringing over the heads up about the new Unicef field notes blog. Yay! :dadrocks:

What beautiful pictures to wake up to this morning!!!!!!!! Thanks! His smile just lights up the universe, to be sappy about it.

I played the mystery song until the very catchy main part of the song - my grandson sits about two feet from my desk, playing WOW on another PC - he said what the heck is that? Another Clay song? (He wears headphones so he can talk to other people playing. This house is a bit like watching Big Bang Theory (awesomely funny show!!!!))

I said, well, kinda, and got rid of it. Luckily he didn't really hear the words.

Why do football players do so well on DWTS. I love Warren Sapp.

Couchie, I love him too......I think that playing football requires being very fast and light on the feet, they have to run, look behind themselves, have good stamina, switch directions instantly, memorise plays. I am thinking that, barring stuff like ice skating, football or basketball might prepare someone better for DWTS more than any other profession! Well, maybe not for sweetie Shaq, but for most. I would have liked to have seen Warren in black and white like a tux last night though, I love a guy in a tux. I know he matched his partner, but still.

And don't be ragging on Rocco, y'all - I love him, ever since I saw his restaurant show. His mom works in his restaurant and the love and respect just won me over. Plus he is a cutie, and was very gentle with the Top Chef peeps who tried to make Chicago style pizza for him.

To continue with sports a bit, I live in the Tampa Bay area, but don't care much who wins - I was rooting for the Angels, tho!!!! :-(

Good Morning Everyone,

Thanks for the pep talk Scarlett and Couchie; I am feeling better about the whole thing; think I am worrying way too much. I learned a long time ago not to send hubby grocery shopping...I sent him once with a list and had asked for pork chops...he comes home with a package of 2...we have 6 people in our family. When I asked him why he only bought 2 he said because I didn't tell him how many to get. Now, is it really that hard to figure out...6 people...6 chops? Since then he is not allowed to grocery shop, LOL!

11 Days until The BAF Gala!

:yahoo:

17 Days until Clay is Roasting Matt Lauer!

54 Days until Clay's Golden Birthday!

89 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot!

:cry:

109 Days until Golfing For Inclusion!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

This house is a bit like watching Big Bang Theory (awesomely funny show!!!!))

My favorite show! It never fails to make me laugh out loud. :Kolobok_Laie_haha:

Cotton, really, 33 is a great age to settle down. Tell your son to come hang out here for a while (Philadlephia area). I know many women in their 30's who are just now ready. To this point they were focused on education or career, or maybe just growing up. I know of 2 who just had their first children at 38 and 39, and one who is trying for #2 at 41. Things are changing.

I think Clay might has had his teeth sized down a bit. I guess that's possible. They look perfect, now.

Yay, for fieldnote day.

It won't be long till the Gala. That should be some fun. I hope he raises tons of money for BAF.

I just don't get the OFC. I'd rather have a needle in my eye than listen to that dribble. Go or stay but choose so you don't stink up the place. It's been two weeks, now. That only seems fair. It's a fanboard.

Had a fun day catching up here!

Random thought..."Run to Me" was my ringtone, now it's "Right Here Waiting for You" which I consider kind of prophetic after Clay's "news" since I'm not going anywhere...except where he is as often as possible!

I have not posted at the OFC since his People cover. Told him I'm proud of him and proud to be his fan. I have lost some friends from the fandom. I hope we can stay "just friends" but our reason to see each other is gone for them.

AND he is looking mighty fine at the stagedoor. This UNC girl (well, I WAS a girl once!) loves this picture!10-3-08pamalot2tag4.jpg

I don't think I'll be able to attend the Gala breakfast. I'll be taking my traveling buddy back to the airport around that time. Is anyone going to the CV dinner Friday? I sure hope I get to meet some of you!

Off to download the "Catchy song".....

Myself & Cam552000 are attending the Fri. dinner with the CV folks. Can't wait to meet all of you as well!! :013085001176249046:

Political "discussion".

Elizabeth sitting between Whoopi and Sherrie.

Thought they were gonna end in a fist fight!

Even Barbara couldn't calm the storm!

I just wondered if anyone else was witnessing it?!

Wouldn't be surprised if it ends up on the Entertainment shows tonight!

Hee thanks for the heads up....and TGFYT because less than 24 hours later, here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4ES6kyheAM

Gotta have a 'grudging' admiration for Elisabeth ... it's nearly always Elisabeth against everyone else but she never gives up.

Frankly, I'd never heard of The View until Meredith replaced Katie Couric on NBC with Matt Lauer,.and somehow Meredith seems too "polite" to have been a part of that rowdy group of ladies!

I think they are a great bunch, I just LURVE Whoopi, I am totally in awe of her because she is so very much her own person. Her story about her new born baby was so funny, I mean, if Whoopi tells the story, it is always hilarious. ! I remember Whoopi being in Australia on one of our TV shows, and there she was being interviewed on camera with a pair of condoms hanging off her ears, as earrings..... she was advocating safe-sex, and it wasn't a joke...those of you who are familiar with the dead-serious, strongly-opinionated Whoopi will know what I mean!!!

aikim.... when I told people I was having my 4 wisdom teeth removed, I was met with sympathetic looks and asked by some ... "in the chair or under general (anaesthetic)"? I started to get nervous... I was off to work in the morning and went for my dental appointment in the afternoon. The "ordeal" was over while I was still anxiously waiting for the pain and discomfort. The dentist told me to pick up some over-the-counter painkillers on my way home. So I went to the Chemist (drug store) and told the woman who worked there I'd just had 4 wisdom teeth removed. She said "oh, you poor thing", and told me to take it easy whilst she swiftly got me some tablets to take when the local anaesthetic wore off. I got home, and walked into my apartment feeling fragile and anxiously anticipating the onslaught of pain I was warned about. Two, four, six hours passed, the anaesthetic wore off, and still no pain. I felt cheated. Wasted my money on painkillers. Truth is...I probably felt well enough to party that night.

Thank y'all for the hugs and thoughts for DS.

I don't worry too much about him "finding someone", it's just that as I was driving home last night after seeing the "divided property", it kind of hit me - the reality.

He can be quite charismatic and charming in social situations. Plus he's CUTE! Which I think was actually part of the problem with DIL. I think she expected that their life would be filled with socializing, coming home from work and going out with friends, etc. Not DS coming home from work, exhausted, and crashing on the couch, his "charisma" turned off, so to speak. No real grasp of financial reality, either.

I mentioned to DH last night that looking around DS's little house, it felt like his life was going backwards. He turned to me a little hurt and asked, "Was I a step backwards?" Of course he wasn't. And I hope DS will be as lucky as I was when I found DH after my first marriage ended!

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

I don't know about y'all, but I'm really hankering for some What's Coming Next news from Clay. I know we probably won't get anything like that until after his run in SPAM, but I want some hints or signs that something is in the works! Demmit. I'm pretty sure I won't be SPAMming a 2nd time. I am going to the gala, but I wanna know we have something to look forward to!!! January 4 seems such a long way off!

I think Clay's mention of "potential tours" in the last blog was a hint. At least, it was good enough for me! I still hold strong that he will tour on OMWH after Spam is over, and of course he takes some down time.

I had a rough morning with my DS (youngest). I am sooooo ready to get on that plane to Raleigh...

I love Whoopi!

Is there somewhere to watch/listen to the newborn baby thingy you mentioned?

I remember her special YEARS ago - the long white shirt as her blonde hair, the little girl in her deciding she would be that white girl with the long blonde hair when she grew up.

I'd love to see her in a night of standup LIVE!

Another :hug: for you, Cotton, and more assurances that 33 is a good age and that there are still some nice girls out here looking for nice guys!

A :hug: for you too, luckiest. Hope your day gets better!

Off to the first of several looooooooong meetings...

HippoGA....now wait just a danged minute, here! Tread carefully....I'm from Demon Deacon country! GO DEACS!

Sincerely,

Another Wake Forest Alumnus here!! Graduated from Baptist Hosp. Sch. of Nurs, but with a minor in Biology from Wake- Still live in Deacon country!! But was born in UNC country!!

Sincerely,

What a small world!

I have to share a funny story! My hometown is Salisbury, NC. My grandmother and mother took me to Wake Forest for a college visit. As we parked, my grandmother saw a single solitary beer bottle behind a bush! She looked me straight in the eye and told me I should not go here, that I should go to "the university"! LOL! I've only been back to Winston-Salem once since then...for the Independent Tour!

I will always be "A Tarheel born and a Tarheel bred" but I'm also very loyal to the University of Georgia...they sign my husband's paycheck! Clay content? Remember when he thanked us for "spending our money to see him" and "spending our husband's money"?!! Money well spent!

Wow, what a small world indeed!! I live about 10 miles outside of Salisbury!! ( wedged between Salisbury & Winston-Salem) My Mom lived there until last year!! As to the " tar heel" I was taught it comes from 2 sources. Years ago "tar was a huge export from NC derived from the numerous pine trees the state is known for. 2nd, during the Cival War it was said NC soldiers "stuck" in their fighting lines like they had "Tar on their heels". The nickname has become increasingly popular in the state esp. after UNC picked it up years ago as part of their school nickname. UNC- Tarheels"

:013085001176249046:

I love Whoopi!

Is there somewhere to watch/listen to the newborn baby thingy you mentioned?

I remember her special YEARS ago - the long white shirt as her blonde hair, the little girl in her deciding she would be that white girl with the long blonde hair when she grew up.

I'd love to see her in a night of standup LIVE!

Well, I can't find it on YouTube, probably because it was just part of the banter in-between their scheduled topics.

How it started was that they were talking about children's movie classics and Barbara made a comment to Elisabeth that she is not sure that Grace is her (Elisabeth's, as the little girl looks nothing like her) daughter but she is sure that Grace is Tim's daughter! Elisabeth replied that if she didn't know that Grace had come out of HER, she'd be wondering as well! That's when Whoopi chimed in to say when she gave birth, the baby looked like a Japanese man, and she told the nurse that it wasn't her baby, and kept insisting it could not be her baby and tried to give it back. The nurse insisted that it had to be her baby as it was the only black baby in the ward. Then Whoopi saw the baby smile ( :cryingwlaughter:that's what she said) and she saw herself in the baby's face and said "gimme my baby". OK, that doesn't sound very funny because it's being paraphrased in text by me BUT when Whoopi tells it in the way only Whoopi can, it is really funny!

I tried to find it at the ABC site but they showed clips of the debate discussion and the SNL skit of the debate but not this part about the baby thing.

T G I Friday Tuesday everybody

Thanks for the field notes.... now that's my price range :Kolobok_Laie_haha:

Hee mine too!

I hope UNICEF gets lots of support because this is really not about him.

clazycoffin, good to see you posting. So we haven't scared you off yet? :Kolobok_Laie_haha:

Thanks! No, not scared off yet... mostly going "HOLY CROW" over the mystery song and the subsequent dirty Clay pictures. Naughtily enjoying looking at the dirty Clay pictures but you didn't hear that... I'm not at all dirty minded...

And neither are we...pure as the driven snow yep that's us! Well at least I am just ask the eHP....no on second thoughts don't!!!! :Kolobok_Laie_haha:

I just got this in an email...thought it was appropriate!

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor

in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

'Oh shit....she's awake!!!'

HippoGA:

What a small world!

Small world is right. My Dad's family is from Granite Quarry! That's just outside of Salisbury, for those not from around these parts. Think Mayberry, only much, much, much smaller. LOL. The township has grown up a lot, in recent years, though. I understand they even have a Harris Teeter now...can you believe that? :lol2: My Gran , who will be 102 years old this month, still lives there.

liney23:

Ok, you NC peeps... where did the name Tarheels come from? I have had sooo many people ask me, assuming since I am a Clay fan that I would know... I have to confess being a ignoramus about the name and I want to impress the next time I am asked, soooo... this inquiring mind wants to know!

:PickMe-1: Fair warning, I'm a historian. Boring answer ahead, but just remember, you did ask for it. LOL. Origins of the word tarheel:

From it's inception, NC was a chief producer of tar for the colonies. One of the earliest references to the word "tar heels" is a Revolutionary War legend which alleges that some pesky "tarheels" poured tar in a river to impede the crossing of General Cornwallis and his British troops. :lol: Needless to say, early usage of the word tended to be as a pejorative along the lines of "white trash."

It wasn't until the Civil War that the word "tarheel" gained positive meaning, when regiments from North Carolina gained a reputation for sticking like tar on the battlefield, refusing to give up or retreat. When General Robert E. Lee himself praised this quality in North Carolinians and said "God Bless the boys of the tarheel state" the name really "stuck."

Thus endeth our history lesson for today. Amen. :sickyet:

Annabear, thanks for heads up on the Fieldnotes. It's always great to have an opportunity to get a feel for the places Ambassador Aiken has visited and the people he has met through UNICEF in his own words. Ambassador Aiken, I really like callin' him that...has a lovely ring to it.

Who would have predicted a few years ago, when we had a tour around every bend, that the words "potential tour," carrying just a hint of promise, would become such sweet, sweet music to our ears? Last month, I, who have never won anything except a concert DVD that didn't work, actually won an American Airlines gift card in an online sweepstakes. :yess: And that little piece of plastic is now earmarked for opening night of the next tour. So...come on and bring it Clay!

Last month, I, who have never won anything except a concert DVD that didn't work, actually won an American Airlines gift card in an online sweepstakes. :yess: And that little piece of plastic is now earmarked for opening night of the next tour. So...come on and bring it Clay!

Just don't leave me behind for opening night!!! :00000442:

Good luck, aikim and LOL on the porkchop story!

Cotton, I sent you hugs last night but forgot to add this reminder: please try not to matchmake anytime soon. As a recently divorced person, I've had friends set up "let's get together" lunches or dinners and they always end up bringing/introducing someone (accidentally) who's single and/or been recently divorced... While I appreciate their concern and thoughtfulness in arranging all these, it's not easy because when you're polite and nice you frequently end up sending wrong signals -- especially in Asian situations where no one says anything because no one should "lose face". I can sympathize with Clay this past few years when he must have had lots of situations where "niceness" was misinterpreted. Need to find a more sneaky way to say it -- I'm even thinking of pre-loading fortune cookies with messages like "Ignore all new acqaintances. Your true one will find you later. Much later."