#42: We're still having fun, and you're still the one!

Couch Tomato

FCA Thread Title  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• Endlessly entertaining, never a dull moment!!
    • Clay you seriously need to go back into the closet....to find another outfit!
    • I luv him, he is the anti-cool. He is his own cool that far exceeds cool.
    • The balls may be lavander, but they're still titanium.
    • He's Clay. He's gay. And whatever. When's the next tour?
    • He's made of awesome!
    • Even more beautiful now, inside and out!
    • God, what a MAN!
    • That is a MAN.

KAndre quietly cancels the "let's get together" lunch with the two hot twenty-something "not really our true loves but damn entertaining" cabana boys...

then changes her mind and just makes the reservation for three...cabana boys need meaningless love affairs too!

Need to find a more sneaky way to say it -- I'm even thinking of pre-loading fortune cookies with messages like "Ignore all new acqaintances. Your true one will find you later. Much later."
Hee! I *love* this idea, Scarlett!

Ah yes, the well meaning friends who "accidentally" invite single guys to lunch/dinner. Why do people assume that they'd be better at finding you a match than you would be yourself?

Yet another reason I love my mom: she does not meddle in my personal life. Or current lack thereof... heh. I always - ALWAYS - thought I'd be married with children by now. Surprise! I spent a long time in a bad relationship that I now describe as "semi-engaged". We were engaged, but I say "semi" because I think I knew all along that it was never going to culminate in getting married. He has many great qualities, but he's stuck thinking that he is his father's (abusive, alcoholic, deadbeat) son and that's all he'll ever be.

I'm beyond passionate in rooting for Clay to succeed in his life because he didn't subscribe to that thinking (original DS interview where he talked about making the choice to not be like Vernon). While unconventional his path may be, I think he's going to be just fine. And so will we. Hugs {{{FCA}}} and all its many varied & wonderful members.

Okay...BWAH! I'm still chuckling. I read on some blog (via Google Alert) that was discussing Clay's most recent blog to his fans and actually being supportive of him that...at least as THEY understand Clay to have said---that...

are you ready for this?

...that Clay is just not a very sexual man. He just doesn't care that much about sex.

Okay.

uh huh.

right.

All righty then.

BWAH! :Kolobok_Laie_haha:

I wonder if they're referring to that New York magazine interview from earlier this year?

Just popping in briefly to add my {{{{hugs}}}} to Cotton. I found love "late in life" -- if you can call 33 "late in life." Considering that I'm from an area where you pretty much got married right out of high school, or barring that, college, that's pretty much how it was. And I found a guy who was about my age too, so it definitely can be done. Cotton, if your son really feels beat up over this, my suggestion is this: stop looking. It's seriously what I did. I was trying way too hard, and as soon as I gave that up, I met my husband.

Ah yes, the helpful people. My friends were good about NOT doing this, but my family wasn't as much. But I dealth with it. LOL.

Is it time to go home yet?

Maybe it's time to plug in the iPod and take a walk....

http://www.comcast.net/articles/entertainm...0081007/b32752/

Parker is replacing daddy in E! mentions. <g> Cute, cute, cute.

I don't have time for a cute link. bye. <g>

Hee! that is too freakin' cute. What's the Parker equivilent of the silly Aiken grin? Cuz that's what's on my face at the moment. (where's Big Red gone?????)

Hee! that is too freakin' cute. What's the Parker equivilent of the silly Aiken grin? Cuz that's what's on my face at the moment. (where's Big Red gone?????)

Heee -- no contest. goldstar.gif Parker wins hands down. No need to hear either baby's voice.

Well, if we call that silly Clay grin an ICG (Involuntary Clay Grin), would that mean there is an analogous IPG (Involuntary Parker Grin)? Doesn't quite have the same ring to it, though. We'll have to work on it. I got one at the mention, too, cindilu.

Awwww! Me too! :)

Yep, it's got to be an IPG. Or an ICBG - Involuntary Clay Baby Grin.

Heidi... BWAH!!! That is so cute. So, expectations for Parker have started already. hehe! I'll bet Clay won't push Parker into any thing at all, be it sports or the arts.

muski.... Clay is one of the most sensual men. I'll bet they got that from the NY Mag article where he was sending the interviewer up about being asexual. The man's a hoot... who was it he agreed he voted for that he couldn't have?

UNICEF... I pledged that nice amount Clay suggested. How smart he was to do that cause even with economic shivers going down everyone's spine, most people can afford that much.

muski.... Clay is one of the most sensual men. I'll bet they got that from the NY Mag article where he was sending the interviewer up about being asexual.
Oh, I agree liney. And I'm just LMAO thinking that here's another time Clay has played with the media and they took the bait---hook, line and sinker! BWAH!

Of course, all it's gonna take is one concert for some of those "Clay Aiken is asexual"-thinking people to see the error of their ways....

Speaking of concerts..... :whistling-1: Yoo Hoo! Claaaaayyyyy! Didn't you mention something in that tome about potential tours? :00000442:

Hee - ICBG. Perfect!

Gotta admit, the boy has got him some musical genes! dadrocksandmomtoo.png

Cotton, I sent you hugs last night but forgot to add this reminder: please try not to matchmake

Oh, no worries there! I've never tried to set DS up with anybody! Wouldn't know anybody even if I were so inclined :Kolobok_Laie_haha: , but just not put together that way. He lives in Wilmington - lots of younger folk. I live in the boondocks and am lucky if I met someone under 53 1/2!!!

I was trying way too hard, and as soon as I gave that up, I met my husband.

Actually that's how it happened with my DH. I was talking to a friend about feeling that I'd never be in love or find love. After all, I had thought I was in love and divorced just shy of 8 years after the wedding. I was afraid to trust my own heart. He said the same thing, "quit looking". Silly guy, he was sweet but he used some analogy about trying to find a deer and not being able to but if you just sat quietly near the stream one would come by. Or some such nonsense. But his thought was right.

DS was 2 1/2 when I left his Daddy. Everytime I hear OMWH I think of DS - and his dad and me - "Still the three of us survived".

Oh - and, his Daddy and I are pretty good friends. He eventually remarried, too. DS's friends were always amazed when he'd mention all 4 of his "parents" going to his b'day party or graduation, etc. :)

When I heard Clay describe how he and Jaymes saw raising Parker together, I wanted to shout to the naysayers that Yes! It can be done. His Daddy and I have raised DS together even though we have different homes in different states and each with his/her own spouse.

Boy, that was a ramble!

The comcast thingy - I can't see it.

Cap somebody cap it or whatever? I'm on a mac. Comcast must not like mac.

Nevermind. They were just trying to get me to upgrade my brower. I didn't see the link to "see comcast anyway" at first. Stoopid people.

It's just the text right? No pic?

I hope Ms. Bennet's happy. I thought she was cute on the show.

But - hmmm - she and her "partner" are allowed to keep their private life private!

What a concept!

For Cotton:

Idol's Paris Welcomes Daughter

Gina Serpe, eonline

2 hours ago

Hollywood's other Paris has just birthed un bébé.

Former American Idol contestant Paris Bennett welcomed a daughter Monday afternoon, apparently consulting her family's Rand McNally guide to baby names and dubbing her firstborn Egypt.

The 20-year-old was in labor for five hours in a Minnesota hospital before delivering the child, who tipped the scales at 5 pounds, 15 ounces.

It's the first child for Bennett and her partner, who has chosen to stay out of the public eye.

The onetime reality star, who was dubbed "Princess P" during her Idol reign and who has a Christmas album due out next week, says her progeny is already showing signs of following in her footsteps.

"I'm so excited to finally see my little angel—and man, does she have lungs on her. I guess she's gearing up to be the next American Idol."

Maybe not if Parker Aiken has anything to say about it.

Thanks ladyj!

I was editing while you were posting!

The comcast thingy - I can't see it.

Cap somebody cap it or whatever? I'm on a mac. Comcast must not like mac.

Nevermind. They were just trying to get me to upgrade my brower. I didn't see the link to "see comcast anyway" at first. Stoopid people.

It's just the text right? No pic?

I hope Ms. Bennet's happy. I thought she was cute on the show.

But - hmmm - she and her "partner" are allowed to keep their private life private!

What a concept!

Hee - ICBG. Perfect!

Gotta admit, the boy has got him some musical genes! dadrocksandmomtoo.png

Yep, he sure does!

ca33slo-mo.gif

Oops, we were talking about Parker, huh?

Thanks for the "Tarheels" info! I never can remember who said "God bless the Tarheel boys"....George Washington or Robert E. Lee so I interchange the stories! LOL! And sometimes it's Tarheels and other times Tar Heels.

Love all the NC ladies! I've lost my traveling companions after Clay's coming out so I may be asking to join you on that hopefully potential tour! The ladies coming to the CV party...come give me a hug!

So Queen Latifah said,

I do have a problem discussing my personal life. You don't get that part of me.
:14:

I hope she has more luck than Clay has had with that strategy.

Assholes. You know, it's as if 'they' just have to find something--some 'material'-- to offer the slimebuckets of the world (PH and JP and the late night talk show hosts, etc.) so they can think of something to actually...you know....SAY. I mean, GOd forbid they actually intelligently discuss something of real consequence.

Idiots. Assholes.

So Queen Latifah said,
I do have a problem discussing my personal life. You don't get that part of me.
:14:

I hope she has more luck than Clay has had with that strategy.

Assholes. You know, it's as if 'they' just have to find something--some 'material'-- to offer the slimebuckets of the world (PH and JP and the late night talk show hosts, etc.) so they can think of something to actually...you know....SAY. I mean, GOd forbid they actually intelligently discuss something of real consequence.

Idiots. Assholes.

Don't keep your emotions pent up like this muskifest. I mean, you should let us know how you really feel about things. ;)