#42: We're still having fun, and you're still the one!

Couch Tomato

FCA Thread Title  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• Endlessly entertaining, never a dull moment!!
    • Clay you seriously need to go back into the closet....to find another outfit!
    • I luv him, he is the anti-cool. He is his own cool that far exceeds cool.
    • The balls may be lavander, but they're still titanium.
    • He's Clay. He's gay. And whatever. When's the next tour?
    • He's made of awesome!
    • Even more beautiful now, inside and out!
    • God, what a MAN!
    • That is a MAN.

It has gone well past any usefulness it once might have had

Ya think?

I'm glad they are shutting it down. After chatting with some people today I think a major issue with some people - and it won't be solved in some support thread - is that by the time Clay came out - he was so comfortable with himself that they couldn't see his struggle. They couldn't see his pain. He was too confident. Where did this guy come from? So his words about crying to his mother and brother and the struggle he went through just doesn't seem real to them. He was too matter of fact. So I think that's where some of the anger is coming from and the need for him to do, to say more. Well I have to say I'm glad that he's through the fire and can now concentrate on the good things in life free of worry and stress of being discovered or telling his family. This is not something Clay and the fans will do together. He's done. And they'll just have to get through it, or not, without his help. Although why his blog wasn't enough I'll never understand. Hell why People wasn't enough I don't really get either.

As that thread is closing I posted a few final thoughts:

For giving me some wonderful music to listen to ….I owe Clay Aiken.

For providing me with great entertainment at concerts….I owe Clay Aiken.

For allowing me to meet some wonderful people who have become not just “Clay” friends but real friends….I owe Clay Aiken.

For me having more fun, with these friends, than should legally be allowed….I owe Clay Aiken.

For giving me the opportunity to see parts of this great country that I have never seen before….I owe Clay Aiken.

For enabling me to learn new skills very much out of my comfort zone….I owe Clay Aiken.

For teaching me about UNICEF and all it does….I owe Clay Aiken.

And I could go on and on but you get the point………..Come to think of it I owe him more than I could ever repay.

This is not something Clay and the fans will do together. He's done. And they'll just have to get through it, or not, without his help. Although why his blog wasn't enough I'll never understand.

AMen! Can I get a witness!

And yippee! that the thread is closing! This is cause for a celebration! I'm gonna go home and have a glass (or three) of wine! :wein: :trink3: :juul::voll:

:dancingnana:

Excuse me, but what is this nana holding?

:nanadance3:

KAndre quietly cancels the "let's get together" lunch with the two hot twenty-something "not really our true loves but damn entertaining" cabana boys...

then changes her mind and just makes the reservation for three...cabana boys need meaningless love affairs too!

A woman who not only knows what polyamory means but practices it too! *g*

aikim, hugs for the dentist on Friday. My negative dental experiences have been with dentists, not with oral surgeons.

:hello: from Ottawa, where it was a bee-yootifully bright but slightly chilly Fall day.

WHAT a traffic jam getting to the hotel tonight! An hour and a half for a trip that normally takes about 15 minutes...a dump truck rolled over and spread something or other all over the highway around noon and it's STILL there. Our government in action.

I'm just brain dead after being up since 4 AM...so no pithy comments from me!

Delighted to see Clay's UNICEF appeal...I can do that!

Pleased to see the hair-rending and cloak-tearing thread at the OFC is being shut. I think it's been self-perpetuating, not self-healing.

REALLY pleased to see claylove and georgiesmybaby and HippoGA here on a regular basis~HippoGA, are you coming to the Gala? Going to join us for brunch on Sunday AM?

Off to get something or other to eat before I faint..... :Kolobok_Laie_haha: (LOVE that emoticon!)

Just an FYI, goldarngirl and I have just completed another montage series. This time it's Merrillville CITH, which was the finale concert in last year's Christmas tour. It also contains a bonus, which is the Sentimental Medley from New Brunswick, which is the venue where Clay got mixed up with the songs, and started singing "chestnuts" when he shouldn't have. Such a cute mix up! You can d/l the files from our site here, but as always, please use a download manager as the servers are not dedicated, and are prone to stopping and starting at will. I believe the files are also in the usual vaults under montages/goldarngirl. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Brrr - I am freezing - the windows are still open in my newly painted bedroom.

I haven't read anything, can't comment, so far behind - but I wanted to drop this off because airfares suck so much, I was tooling around and found a few that might help some people

airfares today and found a few outrageous deals at this site and this site

You do have to set this up for your own locations. I was surprised to find I could fly to Raleigh and back for under 140 - and no, Fear can not make me go to the gala. Too many related expenses and I have not paid off the work that has been done yet and the work that is to be done, and I just threw my 401K stuff into a drawer without looking at it.

I have to go and move some furniture now, that should kill a few hours.

Just read at the OFC that the "support" thread will be closed tomorrow morning.

Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, halle...e..lujah!!!

aikim, regarding wisdom teeth extraction - it all depends on if the roots are wrapped around the jaw because they are crowded. The dentist hopefully took x-rays......for some people, the roots are perfectly straight and the tooth comes out easily. I knew a guy whose wisdom teeth had roots that squiggled all over and under, and that was a MESS!

I'm glad they are shutting it down. After chatting with some people today I think a major issue with some people - and it won't be solved in some support thread - is that by the time Clay came out - he was so comfortable with himself that they couldn't see his struggle. They couldn't see his pain. He was too confident. Where did this guy come from? So his words about crying to his mother and brother and the struggle he went through just doesn't seem real to them. He was too matter of fact. So I think that's where some of the anger is coming from and the need for him to do, to say more.

I agree with you. I do think that it's hard for some fans to accept that Clay is not in the same place as they are emotionally. The revelation about his sexuality seems to have generated strong feelings in some, for whatever reason. They are hurting and do feel betrayed, and even if, intellectually, they can accept his reasons for staying in the closet, emotionally they crave an emotional response from him. And they aren't getting it. And I don't think Clay can give it to him. He's gone through too much to make himself an object of public pity. Besides, he's too happy.

I do hope these fans are able to work through their feelings. I do think it's tough when emotions are involved, because sometimes, all the logical arguments in the world don't really help when you're angry or hurt. But I hope they eventually recognize that it's really not about them, that he really does have a good heart, and that he never meant to hurt anyone. He has so much joy to offer them, if they'll only let him.

Hee! that is too freakin' cute. What's the Parker equivilent of the silly Aiken grin? Cuz that's what's on my face at the moment. (where's Big Red gone?????)
Awwww! Me too! :)

Yep, it's got to be an IPG. Or an ICBG - Involuntary Clay Baby Grin.

Hee - ICBG. Perfect!

Gotta admit, the boy has got him some musical genes! dadrocksandmomtoo.png

Yep, he sure does!

ca33slo-mo.gif

Oops, we were talking about Parker, huh?

Thanks for the "Tarheels" info! I never can remember who said "God bless the Tarheel boys"....George Washington or Robert E. Lee so I interchange the stories! LOL! And sometimes it's Tarheels and other times Tar Heels.

Love all the NC ladies! I've lost my traveling companions after Clay's coming out so I may be asking to join you on that hopefully potential tour! The ladies coming to the CV party...come give me a hug!

So sorry you lost your travel buddies ( this really does sadden me). Cam & I love to follow Clay when he tours & love to meet fellow Clay fans. We'll be at the CV dinner Fri. night & would love to give you a hug!! :thbighug-1:

aikim, regarding wisdom teeth extraction - it all depends on if the roots are wrapped around the jaw because they are crowded. The dentist hopefully took x-rays......for some people, the roots are perfectly straight and the tooth comes out easily. I knew a guy whose wisdom teeth had roots that squiggled all over and under, and that was a MESS!

Fortunately, this isn't a wisdom tooth; just a regular old molar. I never got my wisdom teeth; last time dentist took x-rays he showed me where they were under the gum...they just never came in.

So, I guess I am lucky for that.

Jazzgirl Thanks for the hug...how are things going with your clean-up?

Kim

Thank you Playbiller.. I'm seeing a flight to NYC for 169. Is AirTran reliable? Anyone know?

I just went to Savannah, Georgia on Air Tran. They had really good fares. I was apprehensive because I had never heard of Air Tran before. It was very reliable. The planes were old and some of the seats were torn. They held up the return flight because one of the tray tables would not stay up. They fixed it with duct tape. I thought that was funny because the maintenance guy told me that it was not duct tape, but a special tape that was a very strong adhesive, and would not come loose. It came loose a few minutes after we took off! LOL

Even so I would fly Air Tran again because of the price, and they did get us there on time. I was happily surprised that they served free soft drinks and pretzels. For the price of the flights, I thought we would get served NADA!

Go for it Couchie!

Can anyone help me? I want see the Larry King interview with Clay in which Larry told him he should just say one way or the other whether he is gay, etc. In one vault I see an interview from Septembe 2006.

Was it REALLY two whole years ago that this interview took place? Really? holy shit.

ETA. Never mind. I downloaded the first segment and yep....that's the one. Wow. Time is passing sooooo fast. How sad...how very sad that we choose so often to spend that precious time unwisely.

[/philosophicalwonderings]

muski, yes it really WAS 2 years ago with the Larry King interview. I know there are a few fans who can't bear to watch that interview, because Larry was really being an ass in so many ways that night. But, for me, I love that interview -- because of Clay. He said what he wanted to say, and he did it with class and grace. I think he looked incredibly hawt that night too. *g*

Good luck with the dental work aikim.

And I wanna be Jenna when I grow up.

REALLY pleased to see claylove and georgiesmybaby and HippoGA here on a regular basis~HippoGA, are you coming to the Gala? Going to join us for brunch on Sunday AM?

Thank you for the shout-out! I will be at the Gala! Unfortunately I won't be able to attend the brunch. My friend's plane leaves at 11:40 am to Dallas so I'll be heading to the airport then. I will see some folks at the CV dinner Friday so hopefully they can introduce me to more FCA folks at the actual Gala.

Atlanta is the home of Airtran and I use them all the time. We love Airtran because they keep the rates down on the routes they fly.

Off to see if any stagedoor reports!

I just read a google alert and I won't add the link because it is kind of stupid and doesn't like his singing but here are a couple of quotes:

Now, as the tears on so many Garfield pillowcases begin to dry, Aiken has finally blogged to his fans about the revelation, and instead of self-flagellating, he has one polite message for the Claymates: "Deal with it."

We have to admit that before the recent revelations, we'd thought of Clay Aiken mostly as a closeted song torturer. Now, though, he has conducted his coming-out press tour with grace and good humor, and we're forced to reevaluate our take on Aiken: he is polite, pragmatic, just a little bit sassy, and a terrible, terrible singer of bad music. Movin' on up, Clay!

Wow he may not like his singing but there is a glimmer of respect!

In my completely annecdotal experience - Clay will be gaining a tremendous amount of respect for how he's handled himself in the past two weeks. They may never like his singing (and "they" don't have to) but he has earned the respect of a lot of people. In terms of a career, that is significant. I think we all know that our boyfriend is much more than "just" a singer.

Hee! I love our fashion challenged guy! Stage door report from tonight's Spam:

he was wearing the brown hoodie, with navy blue track pants, striped socks and sandles

:Kolobok_Laie_haha: