#42: We're still having fun, and you're still the one!

Couch Tomato

FCA Thread Title  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• Endlessly entertaining, never a dull moment!!
    • Clay you seriously need to go back into the closet....to find another outfit!
    • I luv him, he is the anti-cool. He is his own cool that far exceeds cool.
    • The balls may be lavander, but they're still titanium.
    • He's Clay. He's gay. And whatever. When's the next tour?
    • He's made of awesome!
    • Even more beautiful now, inside and out!
    • God, what a MAN!
    • That is a MAN.

"Deal with it."

But it's a compassionate "deal with it"; an "I feel your pain" deal with it (*it's a political night *g*)

aikim, had to replace the furnace, water heater, washer/dryer and lost numerous other items, including some heartbreaking family momentos, after the recent flood. I'm dealing with it I (and feeling the pain), but still have a huge clean-up. FEMA did declare our area a disaster.

After trying socks and sandals myself, I like it! Very, very comfy.

OK, since somebody (I don't remember who) mentioned the Larry King interview and I've never seen it, I had to go watch. Now I'm a little confused, but not about the interview itself. They showed a clip from AI where Clay is singing "Bridge Over Troubled Water" with a blue-robed choir while he's wearing a leather jacket. I've only ever seen him sing BOTW with a red-robed choir while he's wearing a white, striped shirt. Can someone tell me when he did the leather jacket version?

OK, since somebody (I don't remember who) mentioned the Larry King interview and I've never seen it, I had to go watch. Now I'm a little confused, but not about the interview itself. They showed a clip from AI where Clay is singing "Bridge Over Troubled Water" with a blue-robed choir while he's wearing a leather jacket. I've only ever seen him sing BOTW with a red-robed choir while he's wearing a white, striped shirt. Can someone tell me when he did the leather jacket version?

I don't honestly remember and I never noticed it when I watched the Larry King interview, but is it possible that one is from the final competition night and the other was from the finale?

I don't honestly remember and I never noticed it when I watched the Larry King interview, but is it possible that one is from the final competition night and the other was from the finale?

That is exactly right!! Shirt is from final competition, leather jacket is from the Finals show.

You win a prize!! *digs to bottom of Cracker Jacks box* I hope a whale tatoo is okay?

And Couchie....Air Tran is all I have flown for the past 4 or 5 years....we love our Air Tran flights. Last week I flew from Flint to Atlanta, $89 each way and you could up grade to first/business class for $49 when you did your pre-boarding.

Ahoy!

That's helpful! Like, a lot! Thanks a bunch!

:D

Striped socks and sandals? Gawd, he's turning into a middle aged man. It must have been stuff he just picked up off the floor.

As far as that blog or whatever it was, I'll take respect, although they need their ears checked. I could understand not liking the music he sings, but the voice?

Just rewatched the LKL interview. Dayum, he looked FINE that night! :Thud: And he was articulate and smooth and focused and attentive and intelligent and thoughtful and funny and CUTE! and confident and charming and....

what a man. what a freak of nature---a beautiful, beautiful man with a heart and a mind...oh.

Honestly. How could ANYone DARE to accuse him of...

Oh. What a man..... :hubbahubba::flirtysmile3::lipstick::needclay: :kiss:

Striped socks and sandals? Gawd, he's turning into a middle aged man. It must have been stuff he just picked up off the floor.

As far as that blog or whatever it was, I'll take respect, although they need their ears checked. I could understand not liking the music he sings, but the voice?

I'd be surprised if they've even heard Clay sing..it's just the thing to say to be cool IMO.

Anyway..who the hell was that Kool on DWTS..definitely not MY Kool.

If you were in the office at 11:25 pm and you had a conference call at 3am would you still go home and come back or just stay here? *sigh*

Hope the debate went well!

Any pictures of the striped socks and sandals yet?

ETA:

*very sweetly* Oh, KAndre! -- I have a different set of fortune cookies for those!

Well, dang it! I missed the socks! But he was wearing a predominantly light green striped sock on his left foot with the white suit tonight. I didn't catch the sock on the other foot. I can only assume my eye traveled from the left sock, upward, and got waylaid somewhere along the way.....never made it back down to the right foot. Yes, I was there tonight and how wonderful it was to be in the Schubert again! I like the changes Clay has made to his performance. My sister, who saw the show for the first time tonight, thought the whole thing was great and hilarious.....and she can see how funny Clay would be in concert.

I went out to the stage door. My sister was going to take my picture with Clay if he was obliging and he was.....except I decided that SHE should be in the picture and I would take it. OMG! He made me take two! How did he know the first one was blurry? He said he is always blurry. I said, "No, it's just my eyes." He posed for the second one and having him looking directly at me smiling and all pretty damn cute.....better than me being IN one with him by far. I hereby volunteer for stage door snapshot duty.....a job with very nice benefits.

Tom was out tonight but the guy who replaced him was pretty funny and I really do like the new king. He's hilarious. Here's one from tonight. I really suck at trying to take his picture while standing up.....me standing up that is. I didn't take but a few. It's just too much fun to watch him out there and he was so chatty tonight!

P1060147copy.jpg

If you were in the office at 11:25 pm and you had a conference call at 3am would you still go home and come back or just stay here? *sigh*

Hope the debate went well!

Any pictures of the striped socks and sandals yet?

ETA:

*very sweetly* Oh, KAndre! -- I have a different set of fortune cookies for those!

Yikes! I'd probably stay till after the conference call and then get out of Dodge ASAP and crash. You need a life, some sleep and some "comp" time! :hugs-1:

whoo hooo thanks Kareneh for the fresh clack

Jesus is it January yet?

Great picture k'eh!! Thanks!

I bet Clay wore socks because it was chilly out there tonight!!! :D

I have mostly skimmed the past few pages - DAYUM! you all have been chatty!!

I have finished the first two Twilight Series Books - Twilight and New Moon

The second two are winding their way here from Amazon, I'm hoping they will arrive before Friday,

since it's not very far from MD to NoVA! So far I am trapped in the happenings of Forks, Washington!

I didn't see anyone post this yet - but - even if - it deserves repeating.

New Montage by mariedrummond called On My Way to Clay - it details her journey to finding Clay through youtube.

I didn't know this but she's never seen Clay in concert, she found him on youtube in Dec 07!

(Get out your hankies!)

And I know you've stopped discussing the Mystery Song in favor of UNICEF, striped sox, and Larry King.... but I found a video of that song on youtube.

The group is called Da Vinci's Notebook, and they are from this area (No VA) - I saw them perform at a park way back before Clay was on AI (looong time ago!!) - it was probably 01 or 02.

Here's their performance: Da Vinci's Notebook - My Enormous P***s

btw - LKL was on 9/28/06 :)

Yikes! I'd probably stay till after the conference call and then get out of Dodge ASAP and crash.

Thanks, all done & heading home! :offtobed:

Kareneh, thanks for the pictures! When are you heading here? :thankyou:

Really nice picture kareneh.

Confession. I am a wearer of socks with sandals. I hate getting dirt or dust on my feet and in addition my toes are always cold. I even wear socks to bed. I'll never be a fashion plate. I'll try to refrain from wearing socks with my shoes to the Gala. I hope it's warm in there. The good news is I hardly ever wear sandals. :clay:

Via the CH:

from Clayphan76 at the OFC, with permission

I swear, it looks like that guy just grabs the first thing out of his drawers sometimes!!! lolol!!! Yes, he was wearing his "Brown" hoddie again, with red writing, his blue track pants with a yellow stripe down the sides, and the infamous socks and sandals!!! However, to top it all off, the socks were pastel stripes!!! hahahahaha!!!! Did not go together at all, but that's one of the reasons we love him so dearly.The entire cast was very giggly tonight. It started with the LOTL and Galahad towards the end of "The song that goes like this". They both just started laughing for some reason. Then it continued with Bedevere, Patsy, and Galahd during "All For One". And from there, it was just pretty much a giggle fest the rest of the show. The king, while he was facing the castle during the french taunter scene, was laughing so hard at one point. There was a lot of tounge action from Clay to the girls throughout "Knights of the Round Table". I don't know if any of you remember Greg Reuter from Clay's first run in Spam, but he was the origional green knight. Anyway, when I got to the theater, he was standing out by the stage door. He is one of my ABSOLUTE FAVORITES!!!!! He's starring in Shrek, along with Chris Sieber......and Chad Lewis will be there too.....can't forget Chad Needless to say it was one of the highlights of my night, getting to talk to him again . Tom Deckman and Matthew Crowle were both out tonight. Here is the video from tonight's stage door:

Personally, I think he may be dressing like a new, overworked Dad. *g*

KarenEh?!!!!! So glad you got to see the show last night!

Good Morning Everyone,

10 Days until The BAF Gala!

:yahoo:

16 Days until Clay is Roasting Matt Lauer!

53 Days until Clay's Golden Birthday!

88 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot!

:cry:

108 Days until Golfing For Inclusion!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Scarlett, I'm glad you went home to get some sleep. Yikes, what a crazzzzzy schedule! I hope you can sleep during the day.

Brrr - I am freezing - the windows are still open in my newly painted bedroom.

I haven't read anything, can't comment, so far behind - but I wanted to drop this off because airfares suck so much, I was tooling around and found a few that might help some people

airfares today and found a few outrageous deals at this site and this site

You do have to set this up for your own locations. I was surprised to find I could fly to Raleigh and back for under 140 - and no, Fear can not make me go to the gala. Too many related expenses and I have not paid off the work that has been done yet and the work that is to be done, and I just threw my 401K stuff into a drawer without looking at it.

I have to go and move some furniture now, that should kill a few hours.

Hey, play! Good to see you posting. Thanks for the info about the cheap flights. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

whoo hooo thanks Kareneh for the fresh clack

Jesus is it January yet?

Great picture k'eh!! Thanks!

I bet Clay wore socks because it was chilly out there tonight!!! :D

I have mostly skimmed the past few pages - DAYUM! you all have been chatty!!

I have finished the first two Twilight Series Books - Twilight and New Moon

The second two are winding their way here from Amazon, I'm hoping they will arrive before Friday,

since it's not very far from MD to NoVA! So far I am trapped in the happenings of Forks, Washington!

I didn't see anyone post this yet - but - even if - it deserves repeating.

New Montage by mariedrummond called On My Way to Clay - it details her journey to finding Clay through youtube.

I didn't know this but she's never seen Clay in concert, she found him on youtube in Dec 07!

(Get out your hankies!)

And I know you've stopped discussing the Mystery Song in favor of UNICEF, striped sox, and Larry King.... but I found a video of that song on youtube.

The group is called Da Vinci's Notebook, and they are from this area (No VA) - I saw them perform at a park way back before Clay was on AI (looong time ago!!) - it was probably 01 or 02.

Here's their performance: Da Vinci's Notebook - My Enormous P***s

btw - LKL was on 9/28/06 :)

Chach - Cool about finishing the first two Twilight books! They get longer and longer, so it takes more time to finish the last two books. The last book is my favorite!

Heeee - that 'penis' video is hilarious!

And I love that montage by marie drummond. I didn't cry, but laughed uncontrollably about her comments on the AI5 appearance! :Kolobok_Laie_haha:

*dashes onto the board to see if there are any new posts*

Wow, all the Spamalot talk makes me sooo jealous. I live in AL and I'm in school, so while I could get a ticket for an OK price, I totally couldn't afford to fly and that's the only way I could get out to NY and back without missing classes. :^( Oh, well, I can always dream!

Whoa. I have another newbie question. Can someone tell me why the Clack of the finale is titled Anomaly?

Jesus is it January yet?
My checking account says [screams] NO.

Glad you enjoyed getting Spammed last night, Kareneh! Thanks for the Clack! killer_rabbit.gif

Aww, it is Parker's 2 month b-day, isn't it? *insert ICBG here* :)

Hope he's healthy & happy! :bb18:

ETA: I'm running off to a meeting, so short on time, but check the FCA Glossary at the top of the page, clayzy. I'm pretty sure Claytonic has 'anomaly' listed.

Sweet dreams, Scarlett! :offtobed:*makes mental note to make voodoo doll of anyone who ever tries to schedule a 3 am meeting*

Anomaly? Because all of Clay's fans were shocked, horrified, stunned that he didn't win...Clay had never been in the bottom - the closest he came was coming in 3rd in Round 2. So we thought of the finale as something like water running uphill...

Ahoy! That's what I figured, but I wasn't very sure.

*boogies around to "Build Me Up Buttercup"*

Thanksalot!

Really nice picture kareneh.

Confession. I am a wearer of socks with sandals. I hate getting dirt or dust on my feet and in addition my toes are always cold. I even wear socks to bed. I'll never be a fashion plate. I'll try to refrain from wearing socks with my shoes to the Gala. I hope it's warm in there. The good news is I hardly ever wear sandals. :clay:

I wear socks with sandals this time of year - in this transition between the glory sandal days of summer and the cozy-furry-boots of winter. Horror of horrors I even wore socks with sandals in town yesterday.

I've been totally out of the loop here. Is Clay posing for pictures all the time now or just on quiet nights? Looks like the crowd was small. Love that picture, btw - what a man!