#42: We're still having fun, and you're still the one!

Couch Tomato

FCA Thread Title  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• Endlessly entertaining, never a dull moment!!
    • Clay you seriously need to go back into the closet....to find another outfit!
    • I luv him, he is the anti-cool. He is his own cool that far exceeds cool.
    • The balls may be lavander, but they're still titanium.
    • He's Clay. He's gay. And whatever. When's the next tour?
    • He's made of awesome!
    • Even more beautiful now, inside and out!
    • God, what a MAN!
    • That is a MAN.

Really nice picture kareneh.

Confession. I am a wearer of socks with sandals. I hate getting dirt or dust on my feet and in addition my toes are always cold. I even wear socks to bed. I'll never be a fashion plate. I'll try to refrain from wearing socks with my shoes to the Gala. I hope it's warm in there. The good news is I hardly ever wear sandals. :clay:

I wear socks with sandals this time of year - in this transition between the glory sandal days of summer and the cozy-furry-boots of winter. Horror of horrors I even wore socks with sandals in town yesterday.

I've been totally out of the loop here. Is Clay posing for pictures all the time now or just on quiet nights? Looks like the crowd was small. Love that picture, btw - what a man!

I would so love to have a pic with him when I go in Jan. It would be great to have a pic to show my fellow workers and family when I got back. There may too much of a big crowd then, but you never know, not counting on it though.

I too am hoping that Clay is still doing pictures in December. I actually have an idea with this -- my husband is going to be there with me, and I'm thinking of making the sacrifice of NOT getting my picture taken with Clay. BUT -- taking a picture of "my two favorite men" and having DH pose with Clay. I think that would be all kinds of awesome!

Is it Friday yet?

Gosh, it's Parker's two month birthday. *sigh* I have to be honest...I keep staring at the cover picture from People magazine...but I find myself drawn to Parker as much as Clay. I personally think Parker is as adorable as his Dad. While I want Parker to have as much privacy as possible (especially knowing that Dad is in the public eye), I do hope that "we" get to see him grow up from time to time, via pictures. Who knows? Maybe Dad will upload home movies to YouTube. Hee.

Okay, y'all....I don't know if this is a bad website or just an irreverent one, but I got this link in a Google Alert and it CMSU! I was sitting here at my desk giggling like an idiot!

It's called "Clay Aiken Remixed"...and somebody's taken some clips of Clay making funny faces and funny noises (giggles and eeeeks and whatnot) in interviews and put them to techno music....

It's a riot!

Clay Aiken Remixed

If Clay's video isn't the main one featured when you click on the link, look over to the left and then find his...

:Kolobok_Laie_haha: :lmaosmiley-1: :hysterical:

I have to be honest...I keep staring at the cover picture from People magazine...but I find myself drawn to Parker as much as Clay. I personally think Parker is as adorable as his Dad. While I want Parker to have as much privacy as possible (especially knowing that Dad is in the public eye), I do hope that "we" get to see him grow up from time to time, via pictures. Who knows? Maybe Dad will upload home movies to YouTube. Hee.

I'm glad I'm not alone!

He is the cutest little baby! I love his right hand on the cover. He looks like he's saying "Three"! hee

He must be brilliant! He's already counting!

Maybe it's a sign. He's saying he loves being one of three in a lovely family!

:cryingwlaughter:

Is it Friday yet?
As with couchie's question about January, my checking account again says NO... :cry4:

Gosh, it's Parker's two month birthday. *sigh* I have to be honest...I keep staring at the cover picture from People magazine...but I find myself drawn to Parker as much as Clay. I personally think Parker is as adorable as his Dad. While I want Parker to have as much privacy as possible (especially knowing that Dad is in the public eye), I do hope that "we" get to see him grow up from time to time, via pictures. Who knows? Maybe Dad will upload home movies to YouTube. Hee.
You are me, ldyj. I think Parker looks like a mini-version of Clay. :kirtsun_05:

Off to find some lunch & more caffeine before the afternoon meetings start up. Friday can't come fast enough!

Okay, y'all....I don't know if this is a bad website or just an irreverent one, but I got this link in a Google Alert and it CMSU! I was sitting here at my desk giggling like an idiot!

It's called "Clay Aiken Remixed"...and somebody's taken some clips of Clay making funny faces and funny noises (giggles and eeeeks and whatnot) in interviews and put them to techno music....

It's a riot!

Clay Aiken Remixed

If Clay's video isn't the main one featured when you click on the link, look over to the left and then find his...

Ah-ha-ha!! :cryingwlaughter:

That was freaking hilarious!!

I'm just surprised they didn't have that thing where he's interviewing someone (like for the Insider?) and squeaks after getting kissed on the cheek.

Oh, I don't think that was a squeak - I think that was a YELP!

I didn't much blame him - I'm not sure I'd like random people being so forward as to kiss me on the cheek without warning!!!

Unless, of course, it was Clay kissing me on the cheek!

I'd be perfectly okay with that! :)

Just in case I haven't said it lately . . .

:Iluvclaysbutt:

Squeak or yelp or squeaky yelp, it was funny... though probably a bit shocking for him! :scream:

Dangit, since I brought that up I wanted to watch it again, and can't find it... :noidea: I'm such a spaz.

It's a riot!

Clay Aiken Remixed

OMG!!! That was insane!! & hilarious!!! Thanks muski!! One hundred and forty-four seconds of insanity!!!

I can't place the Blue/Grey/Green V-neck with the yellow tie tho, where did he wear that?

I am SAVED!!! My daughter sent me the next book. I can start reading Eclipse any time today I want.... but I'm trying to hold off.

Anybody start to imagine vampires looking in your windows? Just me?? OK then............ :peepwall::smokelots::bolt::witchhunt::dead-1:

What a great day it is! Parker is 2 months old, no annoying Google alerts and the Support thread is no more! Can it get any better...oh yes the boss is gone for the day!!!!!

AND......I still love me one Clay Aiken!!!

I hope he keeps his hair like this I really, really like it......no truly I do!

Anybody start to imagine vampires looking in your windows? Just me?? OK then............

Ah, but cha cha! If the vampires are like Edward in the Twilight series, I'm leaving my windows unlocked... :hubbahubba:

just sayin' :sleezy:

merrieee! You HAVE to watch that Clay Remixed clip! :hysterical:

I've heard about the Twilight series and I've been thinking I might like to read one and see if I like it, but I'm too cheap to go and buy the book....used to read Anne Rice and then Laurell K. Hamilton, then kind of got sick of vampires.

I've heard about the Twilight series and I've been thinking I might like to read one and see if I like it, but I'm too cheap to go and buy the book....used to read Anne Rice and then Laurell K. Hamilton, then kind of got sick of vampires.

I haven't read those other authors, but I have a feeling this series is a little different...... :)

OMG! I just looked on my porch and the package from Amazon is already here!!

DARE I OPEN IT? if I do... the rest of the week is shot... :o

Anybody start to imagine vampires looking in your windows? Just me?? OK then............

Ah, but cha cha! If the vampires are like Edward in the Twilight series, I'm leaving my windows unlocked... :hubbahubba:

muski - it wasn't Edward I imagined... more like James :shudder:

It's a riot!

Clay Aiken Remixed

OMG!!! That was insane!! & hilarious!!! Thanks muski!! One hundred and forty-four seconds of insanity!!!

I can't place the Blue/Grey/Green V-neck with the yellow tie tho, where did he wear that?

I am SAVED!!! My daughter sent me the next book. I can start reading Eclipse any time today I want.... but I'm trying to hold off.

Anybody start to imagine vampires looking in your windows? Just me?? OK then............ :peepwall::smokelots::bolt::witchhunt::dead-1:

cha cha... didn't watch the video, but that sounds like it might have been the last Kimmel. Greenish sweater/white shirt/yellowgold tie. I was there... he was gorgeous and sang 6 feet from me... S.W.O.O.N!

merrieee! You HAVE to watch that Clay Remixed clip

I did that was too cute.....he is such a goofball!

Yes my day did get better.....wait for it....I finished my Christmas shopping!!!! I did it all online and now waiting for the stuff to arrive! I love online shopping!!!!!

I love online shopping!!!!!
I do too, especially when the UPS/FedEx/mail guy is CUTE... ;)

I didn't see anyone post this yet - but - even if - it deserves repeating.

New Montage by mariedrummond called On My Way to Clay - it details her journey to finding Clay through youtube.

I didn't know this but she's never seen Clay in concert, she found him on youtube in Dec 07!

(Get out your hankies!)

Thanks cha cha for posting this. Does anyone know where I can download this video? Her journey sounds so much like mine only I started in June of 06 same place...You Tube.

Library, Luckiest, your local library.

I haven't read the Twilight series but do know that it is enormously popular. Wonder why there are so many vampire/werewolf novels out now?

KarenEh Thanks for that beautiful photo and for your recap.

Clay's yelp from the red carpet was very funny and Kimmel had lots of fun with it when Clay was next on his show.

So glad that the support thread is being closed although I did go over there yesterday and most of the posts were well thought out and positive.

Bringing this over from CH:

Corabeth

I've been sharing Clay's blog and all the events with an ex-colleague who left my company two months ago. He and I used to have the greatest talks about politics, music and especially Clay. He also has a PhD in psychology, but I only add that for context. Here's what he said about the venting.

Quote:

And I like that he gave people time to express themselves without a lot of moderating but the time comes when it's time to move on and any discussion just becomes an obsession. It's about what's happening now and what's happening next. So, good for him for being adult enough and in control enough to say, friends, time to go on to the next step. Which is what a private person deserves and what he is taking for himself. I'm very impressed with how he's handled this, less from the "professional/show biz" side than from the personal side. He's been very respectful of others and their feelings, but most importantly has stayed true to himself and those closest to him. That's what people should be noticing.

Library, Luckiest, your local library.

I haven't read the Twilight series but do know that it is enormously popular. Wonder why there are so many vampire/werewolf novels out now?

Heh, yeah, if I want to go on a months-long waiting list. No worries, thanks to a helpful FCAer! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Uh, merrieeee.........Christmas? Seriously? I'm one of those go-out-on-the-23rd-and-finish-on-the-24th kind of people. Luckily, I have few people to buy for nowadays.....mainly just my kids & my mom. Extended family stopped exchanging gifts long ago.

Thanks cha cha for posting this. Does anyone know where I can download this video? Her journey sounds so much like mine only I started in June of 06 same place...You Tube.

Lotus - I can download it in Flash Video format. It was a perk I got from upgrading my Real Player.

Check your PMs. :)

Money. (Caution---not Clay related until last paragraph... :))

Alex said last night that a friend of hers is going to go to a local community college for two years, living at home, and then will transfer to a four-year school...because of money.

Thing is that this particular family has more assets than we do! This girl is an only child--both parents work (long-time teachers), have a MUCH nicer house and furnishings than we do, gave their daughter a very nice used Honda when she got her driver's license, etc.

So my daughter said, "So I'm going to a four-year college.....how?"

Truth is that we 'can't afford' to send her to a four year school. Our financial balance sheet on paper? No freakin' way. None. But I'll be damned if I'm going to say that to her. I know her friend and that family well. The girl is a real homebody and will most likely really LOVE living at home two more years. My kid? You're joking, right? She's like me---she's been ready to leave the nest for a long time already and is so eager to explore, experience new things, check it all out. Staying at home and going to a local community college would be like hell to her. Now we HAVE discussed an option of going to a community college near a university farther away--one that has a relationship with the university so that if a student maintains a certain standard of work performance at the Com College, they can smoothly transfer to the univ. for the junior and senior years. She's not averse to that since it would be substantial savings.

It's the living at home and going to college locally that JUST.WOULD.NOT.WORK.FOR.US.

So I was torn when she asked me "How, then, if _____ can't afford to go...how can WE afford to send ME?" Honestly? We can't.

But what I said was, "Well...we don't know much yet. We have to fill out that financial aid form and then research all the possible scholarships you can apply for. Then we'll know for sure. But...you know, Alex, MOST families really 'can't afford' something like a four-year college education if you only look at the numbers. But you can't just look at numbers. This is your LIFE we're talking about here."

She looked skeptical still--she's very pragmatic and aware of the realities of life.

I then said, "Okay...think of it this way. When we realized we needed to have Mom live in the assisted living residence, we couldn't afford it. Plain and simple. And for two years we haven't been able to 'afford it', but she's been living there for two years, hasn't she? And we've still been living our lives pretty normally, haven't we? On paper? Ouch! But in real life? Hey...we're doing it. And so don't worry. We'll figure out a way. It's important."

I don't think she's quite okay with the whole thing yet, though. She's such a worrier--always has been. And truthfully, I DON'T know how we'll do it if we don't get BIGTIME financial aid...especially if I can't move my mom to a decent place that will take her as a Medicaid recipient (which would mean that we can stop paying a HUGE chunk of our salaries each month for her---that money can then go to Alex)...

You know, when the fandom gets all 'mommie' worried about Clay Aiken, I think of this struggle and how so many of us live each day just doing the best with what we have. And then I think of Clay and how, although he has his own set of challenges and obstacles in his life, he does NOT have the financial concerns that most of us do...and I feel even MORE adamantly that Clay does not NEED or WANT us to 'worry' about him....he's a very successful man---in his work, his philanthropy, material possessions and---since I think he is also a very intelligent, savvy man---financial security. He and his family will not have to fear the lack of things in life that money can provide.

And how many of us can say that? (rhetorical question...heh)

It's a riot!

Clay Aiken Remixed

THANK YOU for posting that link!! It was hilarious!!

Muski, we are in the process of figuring out how to afford college for our daughter, too. Scary stuff! I'm still rilly, rilly hoping for a scholarship of some sort. *prays* My daughter is applying for a number of academic and music scholarships. I guess we will see what shakes out!

merrieee! You HAVE to watch that Clay Remixed clip! :hysterical:

Heee, I wouldn't mind Edward peeking in my window at night! :hubbahubba:

My daughter read the Twilight books, and was all for Jacob, but I'm still all for Edward. YUMMMM!! I've been looking at the previews and stills for the Twilight movie, and the actor that plays Edward is rather hot, even if he is waaaaay to young for me. Just like Clay! I guess I like them young. Even hubby is younger than I am!

Hmmmm. I see what you're talking about Muski, and agree with what you say about Clay, because worry about him financially was simply something I never did...even though I want him to have an obscene amount of money...but sort of don't understand the conversation between you and the daughter. Hell, I knew as soon as I turned 18, I was hitting the door, come hell or high water - and knew my parents couldn't afford to send me to college...but I always thought of college as MY responsibility. I earned my degree. With work and scholarships and grants. And appreciated the self sufficiency. My mother didn't pay a dime for any of her daughters' higher education - but we were all expected to go. And did. I expected to help my child with the college thing (except he decided on the Navy thing and plans on letting them pay for it) but did expect him to be primarily responsible for it. From the time he was 10, he knew exactly how much I made and what the family budget was (of course, he first saw my gross income and was all like, "What the heck are you wasting all your money for? We should be rich!" Ah, youth.) I guess one of my bugaboos is the insulation of children from financial realities, and then parents are shocked that the children never learn to deal. And it's sort of like a bad marriage - you think you're hiding the badness from the children - but they know about it anyway, they just don't have all the facts which may be more worrying. But then again, I'm not really big on "owing" children certain things. Alex (to me) is right to be worried but maybe she wants an opportunity to be part of the solution.