#42: We're still having fun, and you're still the one!

Couch Tomato

FCA Thread Title  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• Endlessly entertaining, never a dull moment!!
    • Clay you seriously need to go back into the closet....to find another outfit!
    • I luv him, he is the anti-cool. He is his own cool that far exceeds cool.
    • The balls may be lavander, but they're still titanium.
    • He's Clay. He's gay. And whatever. When's the next tour?
    • He's made of awesome!
    • Even more beautiful now, inside and out!
    • God, what a MAN!
    • That is a MAN.

Jesus. I didn't even KNOW about hockeygate! I must have skipped those threads. I was just so excited that Clay could skate.

I can honestly say that Clay has never done anything to disappoint me.

How could he? I don't even know the guy!!!!

He just makes me happy.

I've decided that that funny pic of Clay at the stage door with the 'finger bunny ears' must be a kind of mystical sign---One of these nights at the Shubert Theater, The Killer Rabbit is going to go after Sir Robin!

:Ahh:

Oh, and may I say with all sincerity...

TGIF! :yahoo::yess: :865538451: :Boss: :laught31: :dancemexicannana:

I don't remember anyone blaming ALL the fans in the room, really. I also don't think any one fan was privy to all that happened, especially in a very crowded space. I don't believe or disbelieve anybody. I just remember a rush to heap censure on Clay, and that was the first time I honestly felt, hey, if someone dislikes him that much, why the fuck are they on a FAN board, posting and posting about it?

I did actually make it sound like all the people in the room (sorry JMH) – should have said all the people in the room who appeared to post at the CH. <g> Although I do recall ONE person who was there (but maybe not in that room) that agreed with those of us protesting the nasty. Regardless – my opinion on what went down remains unchanged. It was a ugly time and I only had that one board. But what you said above, Donna, was pretty similar to my feelings at the time. If Clay is so horrible, don’t let the door hit your ass on the way out.

And now about this Charlie on Suvivor. He is about as interesting as a rock so far. Clay, I hope he was just your friend cuz I know you need more brain stimulation than that. :hysterical:

I don’t believe he’s anything more than an acquaintance of Clay’s IF he’s even that. All you have to do is listen to him and you see quickly that he’s prone to embellishment. What I DO like about his relationship with Matty (is it matty??) is that Matty is straight, yet has no problem with Charlie being head over heels for him. That makes me feel positive for the future. But Charlie is most likely a fame ho. I hope we don’t need to start reminding people that just because someone says that they are involved with or friends with Clay doesn’t mean they really are. Clay may be gay, but nothing else has changed – people are still famehos.

That E! thing annoys me because it *seems* to imply that now, because Clay is gay, every single gay man he's around he was probably involved with. That is just asinine. I work with all men - does that mean I'm sleeping with all of them?? Of course not. But some out there seem to equate gay with promiscuous - or at least REALLY busy. That annoys me. I think it's just a milder form of bigotry. At least the fans seem to be equal opportunity speculators. <g>

JMH: You know...I don't even remember the young and pretty thing and didn't even realize it was being talked at other boards - I remember them pointing and laughing at us. And like you said every single perspective will be different. I was just upset that it was Xmas and the stuff being spewed about Clay was pretty damn nasty.

Word. I don’t remember seeing that angle at the CH. Although there was so much nasty that it could have been there and I don’t remember it. I do remember someone saying that they had paid $400 – Clay surely wouldn’t get upset that someone grabbed him. Or that for that amount of money he shouldn’t be upset. Made him sound like a whore. It was extremely distasteful. I doubt I will EVER forget and this ain’t my first fandom.

Was there actually a “gate” attached to the boob picture??

Back from the oral surgeon; it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I opted for novacaine rather than general anathesia and I am glad I did. I am still numb and sitting here eating some applesauce. Already popped three motrin; they said to take them before the novacaine wore off. So, not feel too bad right now...actually the corner of my mouth is sore from them having to stretch it to get into my mouth...I have a very small mouth and it is very difficult to get instruments back there, so they had to take the tooth out in pieces. Bad news is they took x-rays and discovered an impacted wisdom tooth that may have to come out at some point. But at least now, I know what to look forward to.

Going to finish my applesauce and get a cold pack for my face.

Kim

Boobgate? OMG, yes! Not so much at the CH (where we mainly chortled smuttily), but people insisting it was photoshopped (down to analyzing individual pixels) to declarations that what's her head was a famewhore, and that Clay was supposed to be a role model, or that Clay was disrespecting women, or that Clay was thoughtless or a variety of other things...

media portrays of Clay fans - why does that hurt so much. If people want to go on E! and make a fool of themselves, let them. I mean if they haven't learned by now that no matter what they have to say they can't control the media (and boy have we learned that over the years LOL) - then let them learn again the hard way. It's all just so much noise and and unfortunately it's a part of celebrity Clay will have to deal with. I thought it was just an article where people could still remain fairly anonymous. But it will be interesting to see the trolls if they dare show their faces to the world as such.

I simply don't care. I guess I'm used to portrayals that bear no resemblance to my life as a black woman. Even when they try to get all serious I'm like WTF I can't relate to that much - sorta like CNN's oh so special series on black folks.

Boobgate? OMG, yes! Not so much at the CH (where we mainly chortled smuttily), but people insisting it was photoshopped (down to analyzing individual pixels) to declarations that what's her head was a famewhore, and that Clay was supposed to be a role model, or that Clay was disrespecting women, or that Clay was thoughtless or a variety of other things...

I thought this was the greatest picture EVER!!!

I was thrilled when some of the lunatics were so outraged they left the fandom. I don't think any entertainer benefits from having OTT, over-invested fans--they just make those of us trying to have a good time look like idiots too.

From what I gathered, not having gone anywhere else to bother looking,

- it was photoshopped, Clay would never be that disrespectful

- it was deliberately posed in order to dispel gay rumors

I had heard those things, but thought that one was a joke, the other was actually from the marx vermin.

I have heard that entire threads were formed, debating whether it was photo-shopped.

This is when Ron the God of Irony was first assigned to Clay Nation, though, because the very people who said Oh, HELL YES, bring the picture over!!!!!, when it was found in an obscure part of a web site, and right-clicked at the speed of light - deplored the way it was showing up all over the internet.

Hypocrisy gives off some kind of sparkly purple aura, smells a bit like old sardines, too, ya know, and can be sensed by minor Norse gods who are just grateful to find work these days

If hypocrisy gives off a purple aura then I'm definitely all royal today based on my responding to some stupid blogger. heee. But I walk upright so should be able to go back to ignoring just like that right? :Kolobok_Laie_haha: While some of these gates haven't been pleasant I think most of us learn from them and move on. I can talk about how I felt back then but it was so many years ago and I'm over it. It's just the pattern that interests me now. I've reacted to some things surrounding Clay in the past in ways that were way over invested. WAY! WAY! LOL. I can laugh about it now.

Back from the oral surgeon; it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I opted for novacaine rather than general anathesia and I am glad I did. I am still numb and sitting here eating some applesauce. Already popped three motrin; they said to take them before the novacaine wore off. So, not feel too bad right now...actually the corner of my mouth is sore from them having to stretch it to get into my mouth...I have a very small mouth and it is very difficult to get instruments back there, so they had to take the tooth out in pieces. Bad news is they took x-rays and discovered an impacted wisdom tooth that may have to come out at some point. But at least now, I know what to look forward to.

Going to finish my applesauce and get a cold pack for my face.

Kim

Glad you are OK. I have that same small mouth problem so I totally understand what you mean about that! Get some rest.

Wow, was this can of Hockeygate worms really opened by little ol' me? (I HAVE THE POWER! :lol:)

As for boobgate, I'm assuming that's the one where he's hanging onto the skinny brunette's chest and she's going :-O?

Oooh, aikim, sorry to hear your mouth is sore... :( I've had to have some toof surgery too and they put me totally under for it. Not fun.

If hypocrisy gives off a purple aura then I'm definitely all royal today based on my responding to some stupid blogger. heee. But I walk upright so should be able to go back to ignoring just like that right? :Kolobok_Laie_haha: While some of these gates haven't been pleasant I think most of us learn from them and move on. I can talk about how I felt back then but it was so many years ago and I'm over it. It's just the pattern that interests me now. I've reacted to some things surrounding Clay in the past in ways that were way over invested. WAY! WAY! LOL. I can laugh about it now.

Ain't that the truth. Now I wonder what I was ever worried about.

Clay's coming out just made everything all right to me. When he took that weight off his shoulders he took it off mine too. Not that I thought he was gay, it just wasn't something I thought about much. To me he was whatever he said he was. And I did defend that.

But Clay was absolutely right when he blogged about all the problems in the world and why an entertainer's sexuality was so much more important. I hope all the children of the world will pay attention to this world wide crisis and realize that an entertainer is there to do just that- entertain.

I can't get angry at those having a rough time but I would like to say look around at these problems. Clay is not the problem, he is the distraction to let us laugh and clap. Enjoy! Life is too short!

As for boobgate, I'm assuming that's the one where he's hanging onto the skinny brunette's chest and she's going :-O?

Lawd Jesus, yes! :Kolobok_Laie_haha:

And at my board at the time there was a thread started for the sole purpose of PROVING that the picture was fake! photoshopped! a conspiracy!

I'm talking people showing parts of Clay pics where his hands were in that same position, and then explaining how THOSE Clay hands had been photoshopped on her boobs, but that in the pose, Clay's REAL hands were behind him or something...

:blink:

CMSU! :Kolobok_Laie_haha:

CMSU?

Do y'all have an acronym translator around here somewhere? I feel annoying when I'm always asking people what something means... :unsure:

Haven't you noticed we're Posty McPostwhores? Ask away, chick! CMSU - cracks my shit up (but that standard internet/message board lingo as opposed to Clay lingo).

Wait a minute - didn't claytonic do like a glossary? Where is it? Aren't our admins supposed to keep up with stuff like that? Man, our admins never do NOTHIN'!

Heh.

And as long as it's not the power of Grayskull (the joys of having a child who was seriously into He-Man), use your power for good! Or at least entertainment value!

*hands KAndre a pair of glasses*

The FCA glossary is on the left hand side of the screen, just below the banner. (Next to the link for your Private messages, which I frankly didn't know about until about 3 months ago! LOL) It does need some updating, I think...I need to work with claytonic on it!

aikim, I hope you feel better soon!

jmh, thank you for "your side of the story." I'm another one who was away from the boards at that time, and frankly, I was pretty glad.

:POP:

I love it when the admins are chastised.

:Kolobok_Laie_haha:

Even when it's them talking about themselves!

:hysterical:

Re:Boobgate

I remember all the photoshopping accusations.

And yeah, that CMSU.

But I was pissed at WRAL website or N&O - I can't remember which - pixilated out his hands and made it look as obscene as possible!

pffft!

I just figured Clay was goofing around with friends.

No big deal.

But - you know Kel C once said that some of Clay's fans thought he was Jesus. Then she said, "No. I'm not kidding. They think he's Jesus."

And you know it's true.

For some he had nowhere to go but down!

Even though he repeatedly said, I'm not perfect. And my halo, if I had one would be CROOKED!, etc.

ETA:

ldyjocelyn, thanks for visiting my OFC blog and commenting!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

EATA:

cuz Perfect and prefectly Crooked aren't the same thing!

:whistling-1:

Even though he repeatedly said, I'm not perfect. And my halo, if I had one would be perfect, etc.
Well, no wonder people are confused! :hysterical: