#42: We're still having fun, and you're still the one!

Couch Tomato

FCA Thread Title  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• Endlessly entertaining, never a dull moment!!
    • Clay you seriously need to go back into the closet....to find another outfit!
    • I luv him, he is the anti-cool. He is his own cool that far exceeds cool.
    • The balls may be lavander, but they're still titanium.
    • He's Clay. He's gay. And whatever. When's the next tour?
    • He's made of awesome!
    • Even more beautiful now, inside and out!
    • God, what a MAN!
    • That is a MAN.

Veronica, huh? I admit, the first thing that crossed my mind was "Where's Archie?"

Couchie, they have EVERYTHING in Houston...I mean EVERYTHING...but black cowgirls are really common...hell, when my grandfather was alive, I was a working "cowgirl" - on the horse, moving the freakin' cows...

Man, we are sporadically easily entertained!

Good Morning. Just trying out my color and planning the day. Son #2's birthday and I'd better order something over the internet for it to get there by Tuesday. His girlfriend's birthday was Last Wednesday and we managed to get her a gift certificate on time.

I'm making him a pathetic attempt at a scrapbook but it is taking forever scanning in a whole bunch of photos, correcting and printing. We used to take all black and whites because we developed and printed them ourselves. We still have all that photo equipment but an airline destroyed our favorite camera several years ago so we gave up the hobby. Usually my job was sitting in a dark closet and transferring the film from the camera into the developing reel, which consisted of a round box with tracks on the top and bottom to thread in the film. It kept the film at a distance from itself so the developer could get around evenly. It was a rather frustrating job but cheap.

Enjoy the day all! :hello:

I need my code! Blush - Pantone 15-1614. Can you work your sekret decoder ringer on that, Scarlett?
Here y'go BC,

Blush - #d1969c

Veronica - #6f6797

*rubs eyes* Wow, people are up early! Have a great day y'all!

:nature-smiley-014:

Why won't my colour tags work? Hee, now they are! Ewwwwww, this colour is so not me.

Turkey's in, bubbling away. Nice to have a quiet morning to myself until the hungry hounds all get here. I am enjoying Twilight....a lot. :)

Happy Thanksgiving weekend to all our Claynadians! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Hi claymatron :PickMe-1: My birthdate is June 29. The color is forest shade. We used a similar color in our sun room to bring the outdoors in.

Happy Thanksgiving to all Canadians.

I love turkey. May have to have an early Thanksgiving myself. One of my cats loves turkey so much that he parks himself in front of the oven while it's cooking and after it's done , he parks himself in front of the refrigerator asking for some everytime we open it.

Cotton... I agree with annabear... your original post was FUNNY! I get much amusement from typos, I guess cause I proofread all the time in my job.

liney, you will love this one.

Back when I was workign at the Greensboro Historical Museum ('93ish),

I worked at the front desk and the mail came to me first. I sent id'd mail on the the individuals, but I opened mail with no "direction".

One morning I opened a letter from the Clemson University Extension Center. I'm not even sure whether it was a notice for a conference, or what, because I lost my mind after about the 4th paragraph when I read the phrase, pubic relations. :yow:

See? That's the problem with people (young people are really bad about this) depending on spellcheck!

The really, really sad thing is that I got the same letter the next year -

it still said pubic relations !!! :crazy:

Guess I should have sent them a letter the first time, but I couldn't believe I was the only person who saw it!!!

:wacko:

ETA:

Canadian%20turkey.jpg

pubic relations. :yow:

Hee. Doing MARC records for the online catalog leaves my typos out there for everyone to see too.

My favorite was the juvy book Karen's new bike. Which in our catalog was listed as Karen's new bile.

IOW .... not the same old yellow stuff she coughed up yesterday. :hysterical:

---

eta...I'm Hunter Green. But too lazy to do the script thing. :)

THIS is the kind of color I like. Or, this one. Anything bright, happy and bold!

Gibby, I'm using MY OWN choices (Clay can sue me). In case you'd like to pick something else, here are a few bright options...

Sundance (PANTONE 12-0764) - #fff300

Orange Crush (PANTONE 15-1364) - #ff8b1c

Firewater (PANTONE 16-1664) - #ff5658

Pink Lightning (PANTONE 16-2164) - #ff29a2

Meg-Magenta (PANTONE 17-2364) - #ca359f

Electric Blue (PANTONE 16-4550) - #00a3c4

Lime Fizz (PANTONE 14-0264) - #75da3c

ETA: For Luckiest1,

Beach Sand (PANTONE 14-1225) - #f9c199

Orange Ochre (PANTONE 16-1253) - #dc793b

Aspen Gold (PANTONE 13-0850) - #ffd75e

Citrus (PANTONE 14-0955) - #faae29

Muted Clay (PANTONE 16-1330) - #d19483

Baked Apple (PANTONE 18-1648) - #b14647

Ginger Snap (PANTONE 17-1418) - #9b8273

ETAA: {{{aikim}}}

Good Morning Everyone,

Been up since 3:00 a.m....the cat actually woke me up to be fed and was not able to get back to sleep until around 5:00 a.m. Mouth was throbbing a bit and my lips are all chapped; so took some motrin and lathered my lips with vasaline...I look a sight! Then just to add to the fun I am having tummy issues probably due to the soft diet...so much fun...think I will be spending the day in bed.

7 Days (1 week) until The BAF Gala!

:yahoo:

13 Days until Clay is Roasting Matt Lauer! :yahoo:

50 Days until Clay's Golden Birthday! :yahoo:

85 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot! :cry:

105 Days until Golfing For Inclusion! :yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Scarlett -- HELP!!!! The color code you provided for mine, Autumn Leaf, didn't seem to work! Oh well, I've never thought of myself as a brown person anyway...

Personally -- I don't think that site is right for me at all! "A good executive?" "A hard worker?" Right now, that's the LAST thing I'd call myself. I also don't like to "challenge" things, which this site thinks I do.

Clay, it's fun, but not for me. Sorry dude.

Off to the zoo with my grand niece and nephews today!

ETA: From the CH:

from Jess McVargas at OFC:

Here are the pics of the Little Boy Tyler and Clay I told you about last night!!!

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a213/but...ize/25ti653.jpg

lol Clay was picking Ty up so we had to do a re-take!!!

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a213/but...esize/oifd5.jpg

This is my little Cousin Ryan!! HE loved Spamalot and now LOVES CLAY!!! He was afraid to talk to him though so i had to run to the other side to ask for a picture!!

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a213/but...size/5odtsz.jpg

Scarlett -- HELP!!!! The color code you provided for mine, Autumn Leaf, didn't seem to work! Oh well, I've never thought of myself as a brown person anyway...

Personally -- I don't think that site is right for me at all! "A good executive?" "A hard worker?" Right now, that's the LAST thing I'd call myself. I also don't like to "challenge" things, which this site thinks I do.

Clay, it's fun, but not for me. Sorry dude.

Off to the zoo with my grand niece and nephews today!

ETA: From the CH:

from Jess McVargas at OFC:

Here are the pics of the Little Boy Tyler and Clay I told you about last night!!!

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a213/but...ize/25ti653.jpg

lol Clay was picking Ty up so we had to do a re-take!!!

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a213/but...esize/oifd5.jpg

This is my little Cousin Ryan!! HE loved Spamalot and now LOVES CLAY!!! He was afraid to talk to him though so i had to run to the other side to ask for a picture!!

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a213/but...size/5odtsz.jpg

Eeeep, sorry ldj. Is this right?

Autumn Leaf (PANTONE 17-1347) - #b6694c

I don't know why, but using the color tags took a few previews for me before it kicked in. Yep, I'm definitely more of an autumn colour kind of girl, for sure. Thanks, Scarlett. And thanks for that forecast, Cotton. We are actually having nice weather here this week, too. Colder at night, but mid sixties by afternoon. Sunny, yay. I love the sun.

I love the pictures of Clay and the little boy. :wub:

Last set before leaving to do a gazillion errands -- I love to play with these, in case no one noticed... :Kolobok_Laie_haha:

Thanks for the weather update, Cotton! And for sharing the SD pics, ldj!

Red Clay (PANTONE 18-1454) - #c4482d

Canyon Clay (PANTONE 16-1431) - #d08577

Clay (PANTONE 15-1231) - #d5a475

Baked Clay (PANTONE 18-1441) - #9e5944

Muted Clay (PANTONE 16-1330) - #d19483

Thanks for the color suggestions, Scarlett! Yes, this is MUCH more to my liking. I tend to wear bright, vivid colors, although I don't decorate in them. This color is very pretty!

I love the sparkle in Clay's eyes in these recent stage door pics!

007-eyescopy.jpg

007-head-edit_edited-1.jpg

025-cropped-edit_edited-1.jpg

Canadian%20turkey.jpg

I'm going to steal that too cause it is too cute--HAPPY THANKSGIVING, CANADIANS!!!

Scarlett, I love all the colors. So pretty. There's something about seeing all those different colors -- it pleases my mind somehow.

025-cropped-edit_edited-1.jpg

I'm going to steal this too, because it also pleases my mind. :Kolobok_Laie_haha:

Cotton... I agree with annabear... your original post was FUNNY! I get much amusement from typos, I guess cause I proofread all the time in my job.

liney, you will love this one.

Back when I was workign at the Greensboro Historical Museum ('93ish),

I worked at the front desk and the mail came to me first. I sent id'd mail on the the individuals, but I opened mail with no "direction".

One morning I opened a letter from the Clemson University Extension Center. I'm not even sure whether it was a notice for a conference, or what, because I lost my mind after about the 4th paragraph when I read the phrase, pubic relations. :yow:

See? That's the problem with people (young people are really bad about this) depending on spellcheck!

The really, really sad thing is that I got the same letter the next year -

it still said pubic relations !!! :crazy:

Guess I should have sent them a letter the first time, but I couldn't believe I was the only person who saw it!!!

:wacko:

ETA:

Canadian%20turkey.jpg

Cotton... BWAH... :Kolobok_Laie_haha: See why I get a kick out of typos... they can be so dang funny! Because I enjoy them so much, I'm good at spotting them, so my boss made a rule that nothing goes out to a client/potential client without my eyes seeing it first. So, I do a LOT of proofreading. The trick is to look at each word, cause if you're just reading sentences or phrases, you often see what you expect to see, which is why "pubic relations" got by someone. [end of proofing lecture]

I think Clay is just so much more relaxed at SD. So, he should be since he doesn't ever have to pretend to be someone he is not ever again. In my post in "that" thread at OFC, I said he might be 6'2" now that the weight is off his shoulders... :Kolobok_Laie_haha:

Canadians... Happy Thanksgiving!

So much for staying in bed...had to go to the grocery store. Doesn't matter that I feel like crap and look like crap, the family has to eat so off I went in my ratty old sweats; looking like death warmed over and of course I run into a neighbor who has to yak my ear off...even after I told her I had a tooth pulled and was not feeling all that great.

So now I am home; the couch is looking mighty comfy and I bought soup; so I think I will heat some up and just relax.

Kim

Canadians... Happy Thanksgiving!

Well, how is it I didn't know Canadians had Thanksgiving?

Maybe it is because a few years ago, I mentioned to an American online friend that I wished we had Thanksgiving in Australia.... instead of Christmas. I like the idea of family getting together over a special meal without the absolute circus of what Christmas has become. Hardly anyone I know cares about Christmas in the traditional sense, it is just an excuse to eat and drink too much, and spend too much money on giving presents to people who don't really want what they've been given. OK, kids want their presents but the spirit of giving is no longer there, it is all about the gifts, and then the new year rolls around and families are deeply stressed over credit card debt. (Okay, okay..., I'll take my terrible bah humbug attitude somewhere else.... but for a long time now, I have wished that Christmas was a special festival for primary school-age children ONLY).)

(Oh and i don't even like Christmas Carols although I will confess to being mesmerized by Clay singing Mary Did You Know.... He is the only one who has ever moved me with a Christmas song. )

Anyway, the American friend gave me a long story on the history of Thanksgiving and said it was unique to the USA. So I wish I'd known then to tell her she was wrong....

ETA: Hope you feel better soon, aikim :openflower3:

For all the Gala Gang . . .

post-1474-1223730743_thumb.jpg

Thanks for that Cotton! Looks like it's going to be just perfect.

Scarlett, I'm with you....all the colours :) on the board look just wonderful...I love the gradations you've been providing. I think this is me rather than the Stonewash Pantone 17-3917 that the chart prescribed. :Kolobok_Laie_haha:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I think I'm going to go out and try and get some pictures of the autumn colour.

49 edits later....:lol:....did everyone that needs to get Aron's letter last night re the bidding? If not, I'll post it here.