#42: We're still having fun, and you're still the one!

Couch Tomato

FCA Thread Title  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• Endlessly entertaining, never a dull moment!!
    • Clay you seriously need to go back into the closet....to find another outfit!
    • I luv him, he is the anti-cool. He is his own cool that far exceeds cool.
    • The balls may be lavander, but they're still titanium.
    • He's Clay. He's gay. And whatever. When's the next tour?
    • He's made of awesome!
    • Even more beautiful now, inside and out!
    • God, what a MAN!
    • That is a MAN.

I did my colors... and I have Photoshop, but I can't figure out how to translate the colors into the right code!

It's supposed to be Flamingo and this is as close as I can get to it!!

Flamingo

Which is funny because I love Flamingos!!! It's one of the things I collect!!

Off to join some ladies for brunch and a movie, but it's so nice outside I almost don't want to go!!

Hi chacha! It's very close - this is the code. I thnk the light blue background is affecting how we see it.

Flamingo - #df7253

What a kewl thing I just saw Scarlett do with codes so she could show the tags in a post. I wanna try it. Revised my previous post accordingly:

When you use a colored font from the menu above the compose window, it inserts a color code for you. If you want to use a color that isn't in the board's limited palette, you have to find the code and insert it youself. A color code is kind of like quote tags, only different. A color tag looks like this: [color=#"FF0000"]. You put the code at the beginning, and at the end of the words you want to show up in that color, you have to put an end tag, which looks like this [/color].

What fun!! Wheeee!!!!

jmh, there's a story behind that:

At the CH a rule was put in to automatically translate song codes (eg. ATDW, OMWH, etc) into the full song titles and that's fine for most songs but SL = "Sacrificial Love" was giving me kittens at the Striped Sock Sirens (knitting thread) where SL1 P1 is supposed to mean "Slip 1 Purl1 " not "Sacrificial Love1 P1" :Kolobok_Laie_haha:

Anytime, wanda, and yay! :clap:

*waves to goldarngirl* Let me know if you could use help with ripping/converting that vid since I don't think I can offer anything useful with Pala. I was sitting next to a cellcerter who talked OVER his singing many times. *utterly horrified*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO say it isn't so. As far as ripping I just left a note for someone, so if you are able to rip it that would be great.

Oops should have read further. FromClaygary has a rip Sorry FCG.

Aren't they a lot of work?

I went to a flamingo preserve once, and picked up a few feathers from the ground. Poor things drop their feathers all over the place. Would you like one?

Soooo I guess I"m happy she pulled it from the wall first before the puppy chewed through my $99 laptop adapter. Who knew they cost so much.

Love the stage door stuff - He seems so playful!!

Muski I said the same thing about Jerome the other day. SO happy he's there, wish he didn't have to be but damn there are some hateful people in the world Hopefully they are just that way because they are anonymous.

jmh, there's a story behind that:

At the CH a rule was put in to automatically translate song codes (eg. ATDW, OMWH, etc) into the full song titles and that's fine for most songs but SL = "Sacrificial Love" was giving me kittens at the Striped Sock Sirens (knitting thread) where SL1 P1 is supposed to mean "Slip 1 Purl1 " not "Sacrificial Love1 P1" :Kolobok_Laie_haha:

Hee!

Perhaps I could do better with my attempts to learn to knit if I *did* sub Clay songs for, you know, actual knitting terms! :cryingwlaughter:

Back to w.o.r.k.

Hope everyone is having a nice Sunday. I'm trying to avoid becoming turkeyed out, so I had some spicy crab sushi for lunch instead. ;) I suspect I'll be eating leftover turkey all week. Lots of left over autumn veggies too - sounds like a soup in the making.

Taking a brief break from the Twilight books this afternoon. They are v.v. addicting (thanks to whoever posted that movie trailer, too, that will be one I won't miss!) Going to see Lakeview Terrace with my daughter, and we've been scheming all day about ways for her to get her butt to Raleigh this weekend. Hee, I'm a bad influence! She should probably be studying or something.....

aikim, try taking the # sign out.

Gibby, I'm late to this but I loved your pictures and I'm hoping you could start a thread in the members area to post a more complete travelogue. I know these aren't private but we've been posting our travel adventures there and now playbiller has also posted some beautiful beach pictures there too. Would love to see a lot more pics of the golden aspens and the clouds in the mountains! Absolutely gorgeous!

Thanks for the suggestion, Scarlett! Great idea!

Gibby, thanks for the beautiful Rockies pictures! I did much the same thing yesterday. :lol: No Rockies here, but the leaves are stupendous!! We have an annual Open Studio Tour in the area, and the art AND the leaves together are just beautiful. I'll get my pictures done.....sometime....and post a couple.

One of the "Open Studios" this time is Camphill; which is a cooperative run by and for adults with disabilities. There was some amazing weaving, mosaic work, glass art and pastels from these folks.

If it's still there (and was therefore meant to be mine) I think I'll go back today and purchase one of the mosaics that I really liked.

Gibby, I downloaded the "Clay Aiken Remixed" and will put up a sendspace for it shortly.

The Open Studio Tour sounds great! I'd go with you if I lived closer. And thanks so much for ripping "Clay Aiken Remixed" - I'll be watching for a download link! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Thanks again for the color codes, Scarlett! It's a lot of fun to see everyone posting in different colors.

Gibby... I LOVE the first one so much I saved it. Gorgeous and thanks for sharing. I have a couple from my Maui trip I'll share as soon as I figure out how to upload them to this computer.

Off to grandmother for the day... back tonight. Have a lovely Sunday, all!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I'm glad you enjoyed the pics! I'd love to see some of yours from Maui.

Taking a brief break from the Twilight books this afternoon. They are v.v. addicting (thanks to whoever posted that movie trailer, too, that will be one I won't miss!)

Yes, they are QUITE addicting! Stephanie Meyer has written more Twilight stuff if you're interested. She wrote Twlight from Edward's point of view, and I found it fascinating! It's called 'Midnight Sun', and there is a partial draft up here. The link to the pdf document is at the end of her description about how it was unintentionally leaked on the internet. She may actually finish the book and publish it!

Kenny Alert

I'm showing My Life in Four Cameras Scrubs episode coming up on TVLand at 4 pm.

:)

Just got home from the Little River Shrimp and Jazz Festival in Little River, SC.

Tiny little festival in a tiny little river town.

We took Droopy and he was SO GOOD! Of course he wanted to go chase down the scent of every French fry and other tasty treat his little nose could pick up on!

He was really good, though. He didn't stand on his hind legs and beg from passing food-bearing folks. Didn't bark. Let all the little children pet him and feigned mild interest in the other 4-legged visitors!

Beautiful day for it, too!

I am watching Scrubs too...Kenny alert!

Everyone just pretend it is Misty Rose...I can't figure this out.

Kim

Eta: :yahoo::yahoo:

Hi aikim,

Just 1 more thing and it's done -- it was missing a '/' mark right before the closing 'color'. You're almost there! Don't give up now.

If you'd like a sample, this is how it needs to read: (BTW, cut and paste this, don't use 'reply')

[color="#cda89f"] I am watching Scrubs too...Kenny alert![/color]

bottlecap's method below works great too!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ETA:

Spicy crab sushi (luckiest1) and Shrimp and Jazz (cotton)?!! I'm getting hungry!!! Could you send some through the monitor?

Yay, Gibby, thanks in advance for more pics!

ETAA:

bottle, that's what I do too! Hee!

Muski I said the same thing about Jerome the other day. SO happy he's there, wish he didn't have to be but damn there are some hateful people in the world Hopefully they are just that way because they are anonymous.

You haven’t seen footage from recent McCain/Palin rallies, have you. Dear god, what is the world coming to?

On a less serious note – was there some sort of campaign to make sure that Clay has a hoodie from every single University in the US and some pro football teams?? Dude is wearing a different college every day!! Or does he do what I do? Buy a sweatshirt (or tee) in every new town I go to? Inquiring minds want to know.

The lead actor in the Twilight Movie is Cedric from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Very handsome, not that good of an actor, but I must admit the trailers make me want to see the movie and read the books. I think that might have been his first big part, so he may have gotten better. Plus, he was stepping into a huge, already assembled cast.

One more color needed please. Creme de Menthe is my color for May 7th.

Back a couple of pages to respond to the discussion about California and the gay marriage rights. Our ballot has a proposition on it to ban gay marriage. I am voting against it. So will my boss who just married his partner of 39 years this weekend. I asked my boss when he knew he wanted to marry his partner and he responded "39 years ago." They met in college and have been together ever since. They have all sorts of legal documents in place and the university recognizes their partnership. However that legal recognition did not, for them, fully identify their relationship. Marriage does.

You haven't seen footage from recent McCain/Palin rallies, have you. Dear god, what is the world coming to?

yeah..commented on it in the political thread. See I was always of the mind that people wouldn't knowingly be ignorant in public - showing their face - which is why I'm like yeah let them go on E! and be made to look like a fool -- but then I saw that and realized nope..people don't mind looking ignorant in public because if they are ignorant they don't really understand that they are ignorant. LOL.

My sister bought me a new adapter for my laptop. Thank the lord. That was not in the budget.

No Spam reports yet? I'm so happy for those getting to see Spam for the first time..gbmifan and others. It will be a treat. I'm going to try to go in fresh minded cuz god knows I fell hard for Hannah and she became almost a reason to see it again and again as Clay. So I will miss her greatly. She just had so much pizzaz. And that voice...

NCGurrl - you know I'm worried about that proposition. The way they are airing those commercials every ten minutes acting like the children of california will be infected with some stench of gay people. I just want to scream every time I see it but I have no doubt that those commercials are VERY effective. What they need to be worried about is that fact that "our" children's education SUCKS.

Kinda off topic but I've been watching General Hospital Night shift and they have a gay doctor who they are giving g a relationship just like any other couple. It's so refreshing not to have a ''look! two guys kissing - aren't we progrsesive" self congratulatory type dialogue but an actual real couple to root for. To quote Paula -- THEY JUST ARE. YSRN are you watching Night Shift..MUCH better than last season. I cry every week - and I'm so not a crier.

One more color needed please. Creme de Menthe is my color for May 7th.

Back a couple of pages to respond to the discussion about California and the gay marriage rights. Our ballot has a proposition on it to ban gay marriage. I am voting against it. So will my boss who just married his partner of 39 years this weekend. I asked my boss when he knew he wanted to marry his partner and he responded "39 years ago." They met in college and have been together ever since. They have all sorts of legal documents in place and the university recognizes their partnership. However that legal recognition did not, for them, fully identify their relationship. Marriage does.

Here you go, ncgurrl.

Crème de Menthe - (PANTONE 16-5919) #70a28b

Is there anything out-of-state folks can do other than send a lot of good thoughts your (CA's) way?

No Spam reports yet?
Eagerly waiting as well... :)

Aren't they a lot of work?

I went to a flamingo preserve once, and picked up a few feathers from the ground. Poor things drop their feathers all over the place. Would you like one?

Do you mean a feather? Or a flamingo?? :D

I'll pass on the real flamingo... and thanks for the offer on the feather! (but I don't collect feathers)

Here are a couple of my faves.......

th_flamingos.jpg

THANKS SCARLET!!