#42: We're still having fun, and you're still the one!

Couch Tomato

FCA Thread Title  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• Endlessly entertaining, never a dull moment!!
    • Clay you seriously need to go back into the closet....to find another outfit!
    • I luv him, he is the anti-cool. He is his own cool that far exceeds cool.
    • The balls may be lavander, but they're still titanium.
    • He's Clay. He's gay. And whatever. When's the next tour?
    • He's made of awesome!
    • Even more beautiful now, inside and out!
    • God, what a MAN!
    • That is a MAN.

Happy Monday FCA!

Bah humbug!

What she said.

Any holiday Monday is a happy Monday as far as I'm concerned! :imgtongue:

Hush.

And, it's gorgeous out. Sunny and warm hot. Seriously, Indian summer. I love it.

We had our Indian summer this past weekend, going to the zoo with grand niece and nephews. Today, though -- cloudy, gloomy.

Bah humbug.

OK, to make things brighter...shamelessly cribbing from the CH these recaps and pictures. Thank you MsMarm!

October 12th Matinee

From CV via GGB4U at CB:

Got back from the SD this afternoon about an hr ago. Clay had on the white hoodie, he was taking lots of pix. I got my first one with him but the camera was taken so close, my fat face looks 10 times fatter. And we only got Clay's face beginning at his forehead. Oh well, beggers can't be choosy. Anyway, Brett was there with his 2 friends. He went in the SD before Clay came out and my sister yelled "hey Brett", and he said hello in a really deep voice. Then she yelled "hey Brett's friends", but they didn't respond. Then Jerome came out while Clay still inside and pointed to a fan and called her in. She got to go in the SD. I don't know her name but have seen her before. She came out about 5 minutes later. Lucky her. Clay looked great, very friendly, fans were about 4 deep. One boy who caught the bouquet was trying to get Clay to sign it, but by the time he got up front, Clay was heading in. Great weather and another great day at SD Shubert Alley.

psst - DolcePienza was the peasant awardee at this afternoon's Spamatinee... it was all I could do to keep from whipping out my camera - Hee.

It is being reported that this was Hot Mom's daughter.

and the other girl..aww, so cute, he says that her name is a nice name, and calls her sweetheart and says Happy birthday...probably made their year

Sue4AllYouDo at the CB wrote:

Hi All !!! Just got home from what was supposed to be a short day in New York with tickets only for the matinee, but ended up with us going to the evening show also!!! Tom Deckman was out for the matinee, but back for the evening show!!!

The Matinee was great. It was an audience of mostly NJUs, but a very enthusiastic audience indeed. The crowd was really into the show and there was lots of laugher and applause. Clay was GREAT, as usual....nothing different to report here.

Stage Door this afternoon was incredible. It was 4-5 deep and Clay signed MANY items and took MANY pictures. What I found to be most touching was the fact that Clay sent Jerome out to the Stage Door Crowd to find one of our own, and he brought her back to see Clay. Seems that this very young lady has suffered a loss and Clay took the time to comfort her. I admire him so very much.....please don't ever let anyone tell you that Clay has changed.....HE HAS NOT !!!!! When you see acts of kindness like this, it really touches your heart.

Thank you to Jess for being so kind and for taking a really great picture of Clay and I. As soon as I figure out how to show you guys, I will. Also, Clayphan, has terrific video that she said she will post, and Jess's friend (is it Kristen) also has some really great pictures. It was a really fun afternoon, with lots of friendship, laughs and cameraderie.

The folks that I was with tonight decided to stay afterall, so we raced from Juniors to the Box Office and found that tonight's show was practically SOLD OUT (I think the matinee was SOLD OUT, also!!!) 2 of us got Standing Room Only and 2 of us got seats in the Mezzinine....no problem....the show was GREAT and Clay SANG the "Amen"!!!!! It was the most beautiful AMEN I have ever heard!!! I was quite amazed by this because this is the very first time I have ever heard him sing this part.....It was really, really beautiful. Again, the evening crowd was enthusiastic and fun. Another great Stage Door and this time there were many children getting autographs. Seat A101 tonight was a wonderful little girl....she was dressed in a beautiful red dress with a red tiara in her hair....a little princess. Clay paid particular attention to all the children today, those that were at the matinee stage door and the evening stage door alike.

We also had some important visitors today.....Brett was there, as was Jerome's beautiful daughter.

Another great day in New York City...another great day with friends and strangers.....everyone having a wonderful time, enjoying our wonderful, compassionate and considerate man. I really can't say enough good things about Clay Aiken and I'm so happy to see all the love that is being sent to him, because he has no problem giving it right back.

From ClayPhan:

Today's matinee sd video:

I believe that shows Autumn (Hot Mom's Daughter). Clay gave her a 'squeeze' when saying Happy Birthday!

The young girl he takes a picture with just before Autumn, is Bella (9 yrs old) who was the peasant yesterday and has posted in the Spamalot Thread at the OFC (post #3055; pg. 306) about her experience.

hobbitkitty at CV wrote:

butterflyshine at CV wrote:

tonight's peasant....apparently a huge Clay fan...she is so adorable...the photo is Clayphan's

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e225/Clayphan/IMG_0211.jpg

Indian summer here in Ohio, too, although short lived... the high is supposed to be 87 today, 58 by Friday. The swings in temp, the ragweed in bloom and the leaf mold are killing me, allergy-wise. I've yet to find the right combination of meds for this year.

ETA: Thanks for bringing those over, ldyj. I saw over at the OFC last night/this morning the little girl, Bella, who was the peasant yesterday. She's adorable!

-- yes, this is a useless post. But I :heart:

I kept trying to fix this last night and the board was struggling against me!!

It's supposed to be like this...........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-- yes, this is a useless post. But I :heart: The Princess Bride anyways.

Oh, yes, me too!

princessBride-765256.jpg

Me three!

:hello:laughn :F_05BL17blowkiss:

AS YOU WI-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-ISH!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Heee! Love it, cha cha!

Totally OT question... any suggestions for good vacuum cleaners?? I'm looking at a Bissell pet hair something-or-other...

Indian summer here in Ohio, too, although short lived... the high is supposed to be 87 today, 58 by Friday. The swings in temp, the ragweed in bloom and the leaf mold are killing me, allergy-wise. I've yet to find the right combination of meds for this year.

ETA: Thanks for bringing those over, ldyj. I saw over at the OFC last night/this morning the little girl, Bella, who was the peasant yesterday. She's adorable!

Oh gawd, me too Anna! ....and I spent most of the weekend out in the woods! WHAT was I thinking???

What a darling little girl that was the peasant (was it last night?)! Great post over on the OFC from her.

Well, I FINALLY have some of my pictures from this summer and fall edited and uploaded to PB, so here goes:

These are for luckiest1:

Stephen King house

StephenKinghouse.jpg

SKinghousegate.jpg

and the home where he actually lives, which is right next door:

SKinghome.jpg

and, some representative bits of Maine:

Haunted house...can you imagine leaving a house this beautiful, to wither away??

Hauntedhouse.jpg

Frenchman's Bay at Bar Harbor, twilight:

FrenchmansBayandlantern.jpg

Main street, Monroe ME:

MonroeMEmainstreet.jpg

Penobscot Bay, from my hotel balcony:

PenobscotBayfromBelfasthotel.jpg

Many more here Maine 2008

Thanks for the pictures FromClaygary; I've only seen pictures of SK's house in black and white...it is beautiful. I have always wanted a house with a big front porch...maybe someday if I win the lotto.

Our leaves are just starting to change here; I love the fall colors!

Taking a trip to Maine is on my wish list.

Kim

...and some from the area around where I live, taken this weekend. In this area, there are numerous "studio tours" done on weekends; tours of potters studios, weavers, painters, quilters, jewelers etc studios and their wares are of course for sale. BUT....sometimes the studios themselves are just amazing~and the environment, just beautiful at this time of year. This is the Images Tour, which takes place around Simcoe Co. every Thanksgiving weekend:

Curb litter in Marchmont:

curblitter.jpg

Dave Beckett's studio:

DaveBeckettstudio.jpg

Woodside pottery studio:

hartleysstudio.jpg

The old mill stream just outside Marchmont:

Marchmontmill.jpg

Sugarbush area:

Sugarbush.jpg

Loft in The Barn studio:

TheBarnstudioloftwquilts.jpg

ETA: more here: Images Tour

AND, some especially for Scarlett and all the other craft artists on the board:

This was the Simcoe Co. Arts Guild show, which took place about 3 weeks ago. There was some amazing stuff!

The lighting, unfortunately, in the area where the quilts was was NOT good, and the quilts themselves were boring for the most part. I was disappointed in where the quilters here seem to be at. But some of the other disciplines were just amazing. I especially liked the hand hooked rugs...but here are some samples:

Amazing colour work on this quilt:

P1000817.jpg

Some more nice colour work on an overdone pattern:

P1000806.jpg

The most beautiful hooked rug I've ever seen:

P1000822.jpg

A nice knit sweater (there were woven ones also):

P1000827.jpg

And some neat adaptions of basketry:

P1000831.jpg

More here: Simcoe County Show

OK!! You'll be glad to know I'm done!! :)

Happy Thanksgiving Monday all!

Yeah, I know I'm late, but I've been doing as much as I can in the garden, along with refinishing an old wardrobe (primer is my friend!) while my girls are out of town. Just got a call that their 5:30 flight out of LaGuardia is cancelled, so they'll be home an hour later. Can't wait to hear what they did in NYC since Friday night...

FromClaygary - I love the artist studio tours in your area - your pictures are wonderful. I don't dare call it "up north". ;) You just might find yourself with a drop-in visitor next year around this time. :D Then again, if there's a gala around this time next year, I might just tag along for a change. Here's hoping!

Since I only had to cook dinner for my mum and I last night, this week I'll be picking up a turkey for our holiday dinner next weekend. My girls refused to call this weekend "Thanksgiving" since it's not official for them until their grandmother makes gravy. :)

Happy Belated Thanksgiving to all of our Canadians. Things were a bit whacky for me this weekend and so my brain was even more scattered than usual. I'm actually looking forward to the change of seasons (HA) and the fall colors and Halloween and Thanksgiving and Christmas and NEW YEARS whoo hooo.

It's been a tough year but an easier tough year than say 2006 when my mom was sick the whole year. It hit me last night that I've only been to emergency once this year. So there's much to be thankful for.

I'm sitting at work today listening to Clay as I do the grunt work that I always put off beacause it doesn't seem important enough until you start "losing" things. And this album just speaks to me so much. I remember one of the reviewers saying I geesh I hope this isn't his life LOL. Although these songs seem to deal with overcoming I've always felt they were hopeful or he (not that they were all about Clay personally) was "through" it so that's why it's never been a sad album to me.

ETA: I love the photo on the right (banner). I think he looks beautiful there.

ETA: From Claygary -- I love the photo with the curb leaves. It's funny cuz I keep thinking..what would the designers on project runway do with that as inspiration.

I'm packing for NYC. We should get in at 5--so I think we'll have time to get to the show tomorrow night. I hope so!!

I'm getting so excited to see Clay!

Unfortunately, I still have to clean my house and finish watering and ......and....and....

Thanks for the pics, FromClaygary! In spite of the hell that is allergy season, I do love fall. I'll have to check out the links to your other pics when I get home. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

As if this needs to be said... Have FUN, wanda! :04:

Good grief - I don't think this day is ever going to end!! :cry4:

FromClaygary, thank you! I have all your galleries open in different windows so I can go through them slowly, and enjoy. It's funny, all the way home from Toronto I was wishing I could stop to take some pictures of the fall colours, but that's rather dangerous to do while driving on the 401. :cryingwlaughter:

wandacleo, have a great time! We will be waiting for your reports.

So, my daughter couldn't resist, and booked her flights to Raleigh today. She will arrive Saturday around noon and stay a few days after the rest of us have gone. It was fun making plans and EEEEEEing! So please add one more to the brunch. ;)

couchie, I listened to OMWH twice on the way home, and I know what you mean. I know he recorded the songs prior to all that has happened, but I too get the sense that he'd been through it all and made peace with it all when they were recorded. I wonder if we will get lucky enough to hear one of them sung live at the gala? *crosses fingers & toes*

Thanks everyone for the comments on the pictures~I do love doing them! Luckiest1, I've had the same impulse lots of time on the 400...not a good idea! I had to laugh actually, on one of the sideroads I was travelling on I saw someone stop DEAD in the middle of the road, open the door, and stand in the doorframe to take a picture up the road. :hysterical: Now granted, this is just a little country sideroad~but my gosh!! :naughtywag:

I have everyone added for the brunch and am very glad to see luckiestdotter is going to be joining us. We're fine I think if others want to join us, as we can very likely expand into the other side of the private room if necessary. We're at 24 now I believe. Isn't that great?

Bringing this over from Goodbabybrush, as I know there are people here who use Clack Unlimited:

CLACK UNLIMITED - PLEASE READ

I don't think the Congressional bailout extends to clack vaults...

Over the last few months, we have had a large number of cancelled subscriptions to Clack Unlimited. Our ability to keep the site afloat is in serious jeopardy.

I will focus on the issues related to the CU:

Our ability to keep the site afloat was based on both the one-off donations and monthly subscription commitments made during the last fundraiser.

Since most of you opted for monthly subscriptions, we have to rely on those periodic payments to finance CU. We have a very modest sum of money in the account from the one-off donations and they are dwindling quickly because of the lower subscription payments coming in every month. With CU, the one-off donations are way, way down.

We have been following up with people regarding their cancelled subscriptions as they occur but in most cases, we do not receive a reply. We realize that many of you have legitimate reasons for having to cancel your subscriptions.

However, the main reason people have for canceling is because they aren’t “downloading very much clack right now” and they’ve vowed to start up a new subscription when Clay tours again.

Unfortunately, busy or not busy, we have to incur the same operating expenses for CU every month. So, CU may not be here by the time things get busy again/Clay tours.

The situation is dire and we need to get a handle on it now.

PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING:

If you are under the impression that you have an active monthly subscription, check your Paypal account and ensure this is the case. If your subscription was terminated because there was a problem with your funding source and you would like to start up a new one, please visit this site: http://www.clackunlimited.com/ and re-start your subscription.

If you are in a position to make a one-off donation, please use the same link above or send your donation to funds@clackunlimited.com

Thank you.

One of the pics I got at the Little River Shrimp and Jazz Festival Saturday.

This was actually on our walk from where we parked to the festival entrance. This tree is probably at least 600 years old. I'm not sure. I know some of the oak trees in the area are older than that. But this is a water oak. There is a similar sized one in a nearby town that's called the "Jesus Tree" because it was supposedly alive during Jesus' lifetime!

Graceful, wind-shaped and too big to get a good picture of the whole tree.

Clickety Click!

th_IMG_4298.jpg

I've been trying to upload them to my mac photo album like I usually do, but the site is giving me trouble since mac upgraded to iLife. I'll try to post a link to the pb album when I finish the pics.

ETA:

Yay for luckiestdotter!