#42: We're still having fun, and you're still the one!

Couch Tomato

FCA Thread Title  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• Endlessly entertaining, never a dull moment!!
    • Clay you seriously need to go back into the closet....to find another outfit!
    • I luv him, he is the anti-cool. He is his own cool that far exceeds cool.
    • The balls may be lavander, but they're still titanium.
    • He's Clay. He's gay. And whatever. When's the next tour?
    • He's made of awesome!
    • Even more beautiful now, inside and out!
    • God, what a MAN!
    • That is a MAN.

Heee! Love it, cha cha!

Totally OT question... any suggestions for good vacuum cleaners?? I'm looking at a Bissell pet hair something-or-other...

I recently bought a dyson upright and am now v.happy with it. (I thought it wasn't working until I finally looked into how to fix it and found I had mistakenly sucked up two pencils and these were clogging up the pipe. This is one powerful machine!)

The only kind of vacuum cleaner I like is a maid.

Hey! I didn't say I had one! That's just the only kind I like!

:Kolobok_Laie_haha:

Hey Cotton I always say this about the iron!

Speaking of housework, I had better go and do some. My kids and DH have all been sick with a tummy bug over the last week so all I have done is disinfect the bathrooms (many many times!) and look after the patients.

Saw this at CH:

This was posted at BWW

From Broadwayspace:

It's been rumored that the Broadway-bound revival of Hair might set up shop at the Neil Simon Theatre, though no official plans or dates have been announced. Hairspray, the current tenant of that theatre, will most likely end its long and happy run in mid-January.

And speaking of closings: I suggest you plan a visit to the Shubert Theatre to catch Spamalot pretty soon. An inside source gave me the heads up that the Tony-winning smash, which now stars Clay Aiken, might soon announce a departure from the Broadway!

:blink:

Noooooo!

Don't kill my pipe dream of seeing not only a Broadway play, but a Broadway play with Clay! I was supposed to be able to dream until January 4!!

:^O

*supplicates to the powers that be*

I wanna slap somebody. I've been wanting to move FCAM for months cuz it's just too expensive. Found a place, paid for a year but didn't read the fine print and it wouldn't host that media files. so I had to delete all the files that it took me weeks to transfer. Alrighty then. So today I go in search of cheap web hosting and notice that the site I use for FCAM is listed. I check it out and it's way cheap. So I'm wondering why the hell do I pay so much if they are offering these rates. So I call them up and yep...they tell me oh that plan is OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD. Yeah doesn't that sorta mean I've been a loyal customer and deserve being told I'm paying too much? Anyway I now have a better plan for 1/3 as much. I'll probably move FCA over as well...and I have another website paid up for year if anyone can think of any use for it. I can probably change the domain name for minimal use. I wonder if they consider photos to be media - maybe some sort of scaled down photo site. Guess I'll go read the fine print again.

ETA: Oh lord..hope they don't close before January.

There have been lots of rumblings about Spamalot closing. BUT.... I think they would never close until after the holidays. I think Hairspray is running until February. Old shows rarely close without quite a bit of notice.

I think everyone is safe until Jan. 4th. And, I wonder. Let's say they announced Spamalot would close in February - or even early March. And let's say Clay has no other commitments during that time. And let's say he is asked to stay through the end of the run of the show.

That would mean 2 more months of Clay in Spamalot!

Might be a smart idea on the producers' part and my gut tells me if Clay is free, he would stay until the end.

Yeah, I was gonna say that I bet it will go at LEAST until Clay's last show---holidays are big theater times. I wouldn't be surprised at all to find out that Spam and Clay's last days are the same...Hmmm....guess I'd better find more tix for that last weekend, huh? B)

Just checking in after a loooong day that began at 6:30 (which I wasn't ready for so I had to call and say could we start at 7 instead, but I'm still counting 6:30 for my whining!), but I'm home now and yay for the beautiful pictures, FromClaygary! You know which ones are my favorites! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Cha-cha, when you first posted "As you wiiiiiish" last night you also posted a bunch of links for The Princess Bride but I didn't have a chance to view them. Would you please re-post?

Loving the brunch numbers!

Couchie, I was going to ask you what you were paying since I might be able to offer better, but I guess it's too late. Maybe come next renewal?

If it closes on January 4th, that's going to be some show!!! Glad we're going to be there on that weekend, couchie & ansa!

Would they close the show having already sold seats to performances?

Or would they stay open through the dates they have already sold tickets?

How would they handle it if they had tickets sold and closed?

I'm not surprised, but, goodness! What is going to happen to all the shows, actors, dancers, musicians? I hate to think that Broadway would go dark. (I know - not completely dark, but YNWIM) You know when we are faced with bad times, we need the distraction even more.

Scarlett, you asked yesterday where my daughter got her Inigo Montoya t-shirt. I'm so sorry - I don't remember! She's had it for awhile. She likes to scour the internet for unusual t-shirts, and finds rare or unique t-shirts. She doesn't remember where she got it, either. I'm sorry!

OMG, y'all....please go to Chardonnay's blog and see the montage she made to celebrate "National Coming Out Day" It's absolutely perfect....

Say What You Need to Say

That was soooo well done! I really enjoyed it. Thanks for the link!

FromClaygary, those pics were GORGEOUS! Thanks so much for sharing all of them!!

Would they close the show having already sold seats to performances?

Or would they stay open through the dates they have already sold tickets?

How would they handle it if they had tickets sold and closed?

I'm not surprised, but, goodness! What is going to happen to all the shows, actors, dancers, musicians? I hate to think that Broadway would go dark. (I know - not completely dark, but YNWIM) You know when we are faced with bad times, we need the distraction even more.

If they closed the show after they had sold tickets they would just refund the tickets.

Right now they are only selling tickets through March 1st, which is a Sunday. Makes me think IF the show is closing it will run through then. And if that is the case, I would bet if he's available, Clay will stay until then.

Hmmmm. Maybe I should buy tickets for the March 1st 7pm show, just in case. Bet I could get good seats!

Nah. Never been a very successful better!

Muski, what a beautiful montage! Thanks for sharing the link.

Scarlett, I do indeed know which ones are your faves....one of these times we'll get to go together! And that reminds me, Bella, I think I neglected to mention earlier~we should definitely make plans for next year; and I'll let you know about any others I see coming up.

This tour had a venue hosted by Camphill artists. The link I've posted refers to one of the US communities, but in fact there are Camphill communities all over North America. I had the privilege of talking at some length to Terrie, who made the mosaic I purchased and several other items in the show. She is high-functioning autistic, and leads a life of purpose and joy in her art at the Camphill facility in Barrie. Thanks to Clay, for giving me the opportunity to relate to this young woman/fellow artist in a meaningful way; and for a possible opportunity to help them with some plans for their future.

It is truly incredible the ripples this man has caused in the worldwide pond.

Cotton, I forgot to say I love your tree! (I have this thing about old, old trees) The best thing I liked about playbiller's backyard was her old oak tree that was easily more than a few hundreds of years old! It was great to say hello to it every morning. Glad you had a great time at the Shrimp and Jazz fest and thanks for the additional pictures! :thankyou:

Gibby, thanks for checking! I'll keep a lookout now that I know they exist!

FromClaygary, are there any side trips that we (you, Bella and I) can make next year?

Cotton, I forgot to say I love your tree! (I have this thing about old, old trees) The best thing I liked about playbiller's backyard was her old oak tree that was easily more than a few hundreds of years old! It was great to say hello to it every morning. Glad you had a great time at the Shrimp and Jazz fest and thanks for the additional pictures! :thankyou:

Gibby, thanks for checking! I'll keep a lookout now that I know they exist!

FromClaygary, are there any side trips that we (you, Bella and I) can make next year?

Oh definitely! The show I went to this last weekend is annual; and there 's the two (Fall is better) Creativ Festivals....and lots and lots of quilt shows! Right now I have Celebration of Quilts X on the agenda for Nov 7-9, which is the same weekend as the Toronto Bead Society Fair (they seem to schedule everything on the same weekend grrr). The quilt show in Kitchener/Waterloo (which is a big one) always runs around May long weekend (ie, around May 18th next year)...and there's Chicago Quilt Fest in April and.... :cryingwlaughter: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Glad we're going to be there on that weekend, couchie & ansa!

And CG and muski!

:yahoo::yess:

And my Lurker Friend!!! :clap:

Of course, my Lurker Friend and I still need tickets.......

Details, details!

Me tooooooooooooo!

Also still in need of tickets... I'm afraid by the time I can afford to buy them (moving is EXPENSIVE y'all!), the only thing left will be broker tickets which means I won't be able to afford them... :unsure:

Off to bed :offtobed: where I hope to actually sleep tonight! :please:

One of the pics I got at the Little River Shrimp and Jazz Festival Saturday.

This was actually on our walk from where we parked to the festival entrance. This tree is probably at least 600 years old. I'm not sure. I know some of the oak trees in the area are older than that. But this is a water oak. There is a similar sized one in a nearby town that's called the "Jesus Tree" because it was supposedly alive during Jesus' lifetime!

Graceful, wind-shaped and too big to get a good picture of the whole tree.

Clickety Click!

th_IMG_4298.jpg

I've been trying to upload them to my mac photo album like I usually do, but the site is giving me trouble since mac upgraded to iLife. I'll try to post a link to the pb album when I finish the pics.

ETA:

Yay for luckiestdotter!

Cotton.... I right-clicked-and-saved that tree sooooo fast! I want to label it where it is located, so where is it??? :cryingwlaughter: Shrimp Festival just doesn't tell me enough! I love old trees, too. Found an Ironwood tree in Maui in a little grove near an ancient burial ground that looked like no one had been in that grove for eons and I actually felt like I shouldn't be there, so left a bit of water for it and left swiftly.

OMG, y'all....please go to Chardonnay's blog and see the montage she made to celebrate "National Coming Out Day" It's absolutely perfect....

Say What You Need to Say

muski... such a work of art! Please tell Chardonny how great it is!!!

:hello: Evening all!

Thought I'd check in here - thank you all for the nice welcome!!! I look forward to getting to know you all better!

If I don't talk for a bit, it's just cause I'm very shy (pfffffft, yeah, right).

I've seen some beautiful pictures from cotton and a lovely montage by Chardonnay (hope I got everyone's names right - if not, please forgive me).

Hope those who are going to the Gala have a WONDERFUL time!!! I will be with you in spirit!!

And here's the little guy who's been serenading me of late . . .

Clickie to Biggie!

th_IMG_4248.jpg

Here's the album, Listen to the Mockingbird.

I'm off to bed. It's taken me forever to get these done - my computer is running exceedingly slowly! So - sorry I've been so OT. I'm looking forward to that other Songster SOON! I don't expect he'll sing anything from OMWH, though. I don't think he sang anything from the album last time, did he?

Sarah would be GREAT, though!

:nightienight: