#42: We're still having fun, and you're still the one!

Couch Tomato

FCA Thread Title  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• Endlessly entertaining, never a dull moment!!
    • Clay you seriously need to go back into the closet....to find another outfit!
    • I luv him, he is the anti-cool. He is his own cool that far exceeds cool.
    • The balls may be lavander, but they're still titanium.
    • He's Clay. He's gay. And whatever. When's the next tour?
    • He's made of awesome!
    • Even more beautiful now, inside and out!
    • God, what a MAN!
    • That is a MAN.

Cha-cha, when you first posted "As you wiiiiiish" last night you also posted a bunch of links for The Princess Bride but I didn't have a chance to view them. Would you please re-post?

OMG Scarlett - I had so much trouble with that post!! I added the links at the bottom and then I tried to edit it again because the emoties weren't showing up. I clicked "Complete Edit" and it just kept loading and loading!!! I thought if I canceled it, the post would at least be OK the way it was. But it got totally corrupted!! Who knew???????

And this afternoon I forgot all about the links that used to be at the bottom!

Here they are........... (plus I added another one) :)

http://www.myteespot.com/product.php?refer...;productid=7841

t_7841.jpg

http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts/popculture/9f70/

inigo_montoya.jpg

http://www.luckythreadz.com/product_info.php?products_id=280

hello_my_name_is_thumb.gif

http://www.80stees.com/products/Inigo-Mont...ide-T-shirt.asp

Prepare_to_Die-T.jpg

(I think I like this one) :D

heee another princess bride lover here. I think that movie and die hard I know every bit of the dialouge..can just sit there and bug the shit out of people as I say all the lines. LOL.

CG and Muski..thanks for the encouraging words about Spam. I really would love to see it again and I'm so looking forward to my trip to New York. I'm feeling better - -even if they shut it down surely there will be some notice so I'd have the option of moving my trip up if necessary.

Good Morning everyone! eeeeeeeeee I booked my flight to NY last night! Good thing - It cost $7.50. Bad thing - I have to change planes. Ah the joys of FF miles! My DH found out this weekend that I have 150,000 reward points Note I said I have! He wanted to know what we I was going to use them for. Guess honey? I figure if I do all the things to get the most points I get to use them. Right?

So who else will be there on the Nov 7-10?

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Can you tell I am a tad excited??

Topics at the moment:

I personally think that Craig, the ticket guy at the Shubert, knows full well that if they close the show before Jan. 4, there would be hell to pay. So, I doubt seriously that the show will close before then. I also think that CG's theory might be a good one, that Clay MAY stay on a bit past his announced time, just to help close the show down with a bang.

Another Princess Bride lover checking in. Matter of fact, I was at our zoo this past weekend, and we saw some animal that was supposedly the largest rodent out there. My first thought was the ROUS's (Rodents of Unusual Size). *g* But I also gotta agree with jamar; the movie is great, but the book is FANTASTIC!

Welcome SueReu! And congrats merrieeee!!!!

That montage from Chardonnay is soooooooooooooo good. Bravo.

I don't remember who asked...but FCAM is "Finding Clay Aiken Media" which is hosted here!

Finally, from MyBodyIsAiken4Clay at the CB... *dies*

1zq5xy8.jpg

Good Morning Everyone,

4 Days until The BAF Gala! :yahoo:

10 Days until Clay is Roasting Matt Lauer!

:yahoo:

47 Days until Clay's Golden Birthday!

:yahoo:

82 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot!

:cry:

102 Days until Golfing For Inclusion! :yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Good Morning everyone! eeeeeeeeee I booked my flight to NY last night! Good thing - It cost $7.50. Bad thing - I have to change planes. Ah the joys of FF miles! My DH found out this weekend that I have 150,000 reward points Note I said I have! He wanted to know what we I was going to use them for. Guess honey? I figure if I do all the things to get the most points I get to use them. Right?

So who else will be there on the Nov 7-10?

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Can you tell I am a tad excited??

:PickMe-1: I will. Going on the 4th and coming back on the 9th. Play and I will be at Spam for the 8th evening show. Should be meeting gdmifan and friend afterward. How about a mini FCA meeting?

ETA: Don't know what I'm wearing to the Gala. EEk I'd better try some things on. But I do have my new Star Trek jacket ( per Mr. Fear). I only wish I had the funds to bid at the auction. :cry4:

Did y'all see this?

Well, if it can't be Clay on GQ, I'm glad it's Jimmy. :)

From the CH

OT - Funny interview and video clip of GQ's November cover boy over at AOL. Jimmy Kimmel Gets Presidential for GQ. A link there leads to a much longer article at men.style.com.

I already liked Jimmy. Now I love him! I read every word of the long article and I just love him. And I love the interviewer and now I'm really wishing she would interview Clay. Respectful. Really interested in hearing and seeing him, the person. So many times you read an interview and don't know anymore than before you read it. This interview is so refreshing. Loved it!

:hello: Evening all!

Thought I'd check in here - thank you all for the nice welcome!!! I look forward to getting to know you all better!

If I don't talk for a bit, it's just cause I'm very shy (pfffffft, yeah, right).

I've seen some beautiful pictures from cotton and a lovely montage by Chardonnay (hope I got everyone's names right - if not, please forgive me).

Hope those who are going to the Gala have a WONDERFUL time!!! I will be with you in spirit!!

SueReu... :welcome10: So glad to see you here! Love your montages! Just feel free to ask anything anytime so you feel at home asap. We devour love newbies here! :cryingwlaughter:

You know, if Clay stays past Jan 4, say till March, I could go see him! I can go next year, not this year. Crosses fingers for Clay next year in Spamalot. He could do it and still tour in early summer!

[FromClaygary, are there any side trips that we (you, Bella and I) can make next year?

Oh definitely! The show I went to this last weekend is annual; and there 's the two (Fall is better) Creativ Festivals....and lots and lots of quilt shows! Right now I have Celebration of Quilts X on the agenda for Nov 7-9, which is the same weekend as the Toronto Bead Society Fair (they seem to schedule everything on the same weekend grrr). The quilt show in Kitchener/Waterloo (which is a big one) always runs around May long weekend (ie, around May 18th next year)...and there's Chicago Quilt Fest in April and.... :cryingwlaughter: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Sniff...I'll be thinking of both of you on Friday, when I head to the Creativ Festival after work. It's just one block from my office so I can spend a few hours there before I head home. I need fabric to finish the wardrobe I was working on (the doors will be upholstered) and the sellers there have some great deals.

I'd LOVE to do an artists' tour with both of you next year! FromClaygary, are you going to be in TO for the November weekend and maybe join us for the fan lunch?

Princess Bride? You all do know the book is better right? :)

Inconceivable! :P

Fear, I have picked out my outfit - but now I'm afraid I'm gonna be :freezing:

post-1474-1223992192_thumb.jpg

Ack!

I may turn a nice shade of blue - but that's not gonna look too good with my turquoise dress!

ETA:

Wish I could go see SPAM one more time!

Are you staying at the Marriott? If so, I would not worry at all about the temperature. You won't even have to go outside! And even if you have to go outside I don't think it will be all that bad. In fact, I am sure it will be QUITE WARM inside the gala. hee

It was in the low 50s this AM when I left for work wearing capris, a short sleeve top and sandals, and I was quite comfortable. Of course after the hot humid summer I love the cooler temps!

Oh, I live on the NC Coast and it's been beautiful and warm here, too. Cool at night - comfortable so - in the 60's - NOT the 40's!!!

Ack!

This morning - GORGEOUS! Sunny. Blue sky! Breezy! 74º.

Very nice.

But that cold front moving in is going to hit us this weekend, too, though 48º doesn't hit here till Sunday. Which is fine if I'm here in my sweats. :)

Okay - so that shows you how much attention I've been paying! I hadn't really looked to see where the gala was being held since way back when I decided to go. I had not planned to stay at the Marriott, initially, but now that I am staying there - No worries! :)

The rest of the time, I can dress in jeans, etc., so I'm good!

This transitional time always bugs me. I'm used to wearing shorts and sleeveless or short sleeved tops. I haven't gotten out my fall stuff yet.

Adjustment is harder the older I get!

:cryingwlaughter:

Came across this, Cove Magazine's 100 OUTSTANDING POP VOCALISTS. I sure got excited to see who is at number 15! He sure is in good company. Don't know what year this was. (I can't believe Kylie Minogue is listed, I always felt her success was because she was a nice little package, sweet girl, sweet voice, sings on key and very popular, but not "a voice" in the real sense. ) Christina deserves the top position, her pipes are a freakish talent.)

1. Christina Aguilera (+50) -perfect score!

2. Mariah Carey (+49.7)

3. Michael Jackson (+49.5)

4. Celine Dion (+49.2)

5. Johnny Gill (+48.6)

6. Whitney Houston (+48.5)

7. Beyonce (+48)

8. Alicia Keys (+47)

9. Avril Lavigne (+44.1)

10. Usher (+44)

11. Dixie Chicks (+42)

12. Amerie (+39.8)

13. Enrique Iglesias (+39.5)

14. Mary J. Blige (+39.4)

15. Clay Aiken (+39.3)

16. LeAnn Rimes (+37)

17. Alanis morissette (+35)

18. Faith Hill (+34.4)

19. Pink (+34.2)

20. Dru Hill. (quintet) (+31)

21. Kelly Clarkson (+30)

22. Backstreet Boys (+29.7)

23. Slik (+29.4)

24. Lenny Kravitz (+27)

25. Nelly Furtado (+26)

26. Angie Stone (+25)

27. Michelle Branch (+23)

28. Stevie Wonder (+21)

29. Daniel Bedingfield (+20.7)

30. Sheryl Crow (+20.1)

31. Ashanti (+18.8)

32. Aaliyah (+18.7)

33. TLC (+15)

34. Brandy (+14)

35. Kylie Minogue (+9.8)

36. Jewel (+9.5)

37. Shania Twain (+9.4)

38. Chad Kroeger (+9.3)

39. *Nysnc (+9.22)

40. Toni Braxton (+9.20)

41. Tamia (+9.19)

42. Garth Brooks (+7)

43. Sting (+6.8)

44. Elton John (+6.7)

45. Mario (+6.69)

46. Anastacia (+4.8)

47. Blu Cantrell (+4.65)

48. Ruben Studdard (+4.60)

49. Paul Mcartney (+2)

50. Cher (+1.57)

51. Kelly Rowland (+1.52)

52. Justin Guarini (+1.30)

53. Tina Turner (+1.19)

54. Joe (+1.18)

55. Brian McKnight (+1.17)

56. Hanson (+1.12)

57. Shakira (-1.2)

58. Wayne Wonder (-1.23)

59. Vanessa Carlton (-1.25)

60. John Mayer (-1.5)

61. Lauryn Hill (-1.6)

62. Norah Jones (-10)

63. Destiny's Child (Trio)(-11)

64. Atomic Kitten (-18.8)

65. LeeAnn Womack (-18.9)

66. R.Kelly (-18.11)

67. Craig David (-27)

68. Tweet (-29)

69. Mandy Moore (-35)

70.Jennifer Love Hewitt (-46.2)

71. Janet (-46.4)

72. Brintey Spears (-48)

73. Gloria Estefan (-51.6)

74. Reba McEntire (-51.7)

75. Tyrese (-51.8)

76. Justin Timberlake (-53)

77. O Town (-54)

78. India Arie (-56.5)

79. Jaheim (-56.6)

80. Donnell Jones (-60)

81. SADE (-65)

82. Wyclef Jean (-66.8)

83. Monica (-68.83)

84. Luther Vandross (-68.84)

85. Jennifer Lopez (-81)

86. Tori Amos (-82)

87. Madonna (-91)

88. Avant (-92.5)

89. Toby Keith (-92.6)

90. NEXT (-93)

91. SWV (-98)

92. B2K (-120.1)

93. Faith Evans (-120.2)

94. Jason Mraz (-120.19)

95. Ginuwine (-121.3)

96. Kelly Price (-121.29)

97. Jon B (-140)

98. Frankie J (-144)

99. Nate Dogg (-148)

100.Musiq (Soulchild) (-148.1)

Source: http://covemagazine.com/100vocalists.html

ETA: Gosh, Justin Guarini made the list!!!

Here they are........... (plus I added another one) :)

http://www.myteespot.com/product.php?refer...;productid=7841

t_7841.jpg

(I think I like this one) :D

Yessss, chach, you did it! THIS is the one my daughter has! And she gets GREAT comments on it every time she wears it.

heee another princess bride lover here. I think that movie and die hard I know every bit of the dialouge..can just sit there and bug the shit out of people as I say all the lines. LOL.

We say the lines along with the movie, too! The funniest dialogue to parrot is the minister at the wedding. We all burst out laughing when we are talking about 'mawwwige.'

And I agree, Jamar, the book is awesome!

Those pics of Kimmel are hilarious. I'm at work, so haven't had time to read the article yet, but will do so soon!

Pop quiz: what were YOU doing five years ago today?

Me? I was driving through the pouring rain, coming back from a trip to Chicago, having spent a good portion of the night before at a party. This was my companion for that trip:

s92384.jpg

Happy birthday MOAM!

Pop quiz: what were YOU doing five years ago today?

Me? I was driving through the pouring rain, coming back from a trip to Chicago, having spent a good portion of the night before at a party. This was my companion for that trip:

s92384.jpg

Happy birthday MOAM!

I was actually getting ready for the CD Release Party in Winson-Salem!

We had our party ON release day as many folks were teachers, etc. So instead of doing the midnight thing, our party started after school!

We had a T-shirt-making contest, watched Clay videos (AI), listened to the album - FUN!

I was at work, trying to talk myself out of stopping at Best Buy on the way home because I really didn't need to get wrapped up in some pop singer.

Who listens to me? Apparently not even me, myself and I.

After leaving Best Buy, I then spent 45 minutes driving around, even though it was only a 10 minute drive home...

But at least I didn't really get wrapped up! [/delusional] :hysterical:

I was at work, trying to talk myself out of stopping at Best Buy on the way home because I really didn't need to get wrapped up in some pop singer.

Who listens to me? Apparently not even me, myself and I.

After leaving Best Buy, I then spent 45 minutes driving around, even though it was only a 10 minute drive home...

But at least I didn't really get wrapped up! [/delusional] :hysterical:

Yeah me too! Clay who???