#42: We're still having fun, and you're still the one!

Couch Tomato

FCA Thread Title  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• Endlessly entertaining, never a dull moment!!
    • Clay you seriously need to go back into the closet....to find another outfit!
    • I luv him, he is the anti-cool. He is his own cool that far exceeds cool.
    • The balls may be lavander, but they're still titanium.
    • He's Clay. He's gay. And whatever. When's the next tour?
    • He's made of awesome!
    • Even more beautiful now, inside and out!
    • God, what a MAN!
    • That is a MAN.

Well.... I hadn't "found" the fandom yet when MOAM came out, so I went to Walmart at 6:30 am and bought the CD, then proceeded to listen to it on my way to work. I listened to like 30 seconds of each song because I couldn't wait to hear them all! LOL Then, once I went thru the whole thing, I listened to each song in its entirety over and over again throughout my workday, and on the way home, and when I was going to sleep... I know REALLY LAME huh????? But it was special to me. *g*

I find it totally amazing that it's been almost 6 years since we met Clay and I find him even more fascinating than I did on day one. How is that possible. So many other interests have come and gone since then... but Clay is still part of my "daily" life.

I knew about the CD release party in Toronto, but I didn't know anyone going, so I didn't attend. I bought the CD at the mall after work, and probably didn't stop listening to it until ATDW came out. Well, ok, MCWL was in there somewhere too. My car player has a permanent Clay CD in it at all times.

I find it totally amazing that it's been almost 6 years since we met Clay and I find him even more fascinating than I did on day one. How is that possible. So many other interests have come and gone since then... but Clay is still part of my "daily" life.

We've the current thread title for a reason, don't we?

How is that possible?

It's called love!!!

Yeah that! :flirtysmile3:

:wub:

(Yes, I'm working. Really. I am.)

Um, yeah, me too... :whistling-1:

It really is amazing. The thought actually brought brief tears to my eyes, and for the first time, I'm not even embarrassed by them.

Thanks, Clay! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Happy Anniversary, MOAM! :clap:

I look forward to whatever's next!

I knew about the CD release party in Toronto, but I didn't know anyone going, so I didn't attend. I bought the CD at the mall after work, and probably didn't stop listening to it until ATDW came out. Well, ok, MCWL was in there somewhere too. My car player has a permanent Clay CD in it at all times.

Heck, I didn't even know there *were* any Clay fans in Ontario!

I spent September and October arranging two moves five years ago - my mum's in September, followed by mine in October after 11 years in a townhouse. It was a very, very stressful time of life and I completely missed the cd release. Yes, I know, it's blasphemy, but it's true! :) Early in November, my daughters and I were in a cd store and they pointed out MOAM to me, which I bought immediately. It kept me company when I came down with pneumonia later that month...

I have to get a PSA in for my fellow Canadians...as a former elections official, please cast your vote today! I've always told my kids that they can't complain about their government if they don't participate and they've taken that to heart.

:backtotopic:

Bella19I have to get a PSA in for my fellow Canadians...as a former elections official, please cast your vote today! I've always told my kids that they can't complain about their government if they don't participate and they've taken that to heart.

I second that....Election day in Canada. I hope all you Claynadians have already voted or will vote later today.

The rain has stopped for now, the sun shining, the house cleaning and laundry done after having family here for the weekend. I spent time with my little grand daughters, 3 3/4 and 1 3/4 down at the beach. They had a wonderful time throwing pebbles and rocks into the water, I swear they could do it for hours.

This afternoon I'll listen to Clay while I do much needed garden clean up.

All of you going to the Gala this weekend have a marvelous time and bring back lots of Clack and recaps for us who would love to be there but are not able to attend.

Those pics of Kimmel are hilarious. I'm at work, so haven't had time to read the article yet, but will do so soon!

Gibby... you also MUST watch the video... it's very funny! I did not recognize that cowboy being GW at all. Hysterical!

Jimmy is funny and intelligent and I can totally see he and Clay being friends in real life. His humor sometimes leaves me going huh???, but for the most part I think he's a good guy.

Oct. 14... a very good day! I didn't go to a CD release party since it was all the way in LA and of course, Clay visits. Dang! I did get MOAM on my lunch hour and played it non-stop for a llloooonnnngggg time. Actually, until I got my first cd of his demos some kind fan made for me, since I couldn't do that on my computer at that time. Once I got the cd making capabilities, I have only played his concert music except when a new cd comes out and then it's non-stop for at least 2 months before the concert cd's come out again.

Chardonnay's montage was one of the best EVER! Beautiful work.

On the 5th Birthday of MOAM, I am remembering that around October 10, 2003, I had seen on Rhapsody that Clay Aiken's debut CD was coming out the next Tuesday. So I thought to myself, YAY, that cute Clay with the fabulous voice has a CD coming out and I will definitely download that thing on Tuesday. But on Tuesday, at work, I decided that I really, really wanted a hard copy -- it being Clay's first and all -- so I left the office at noon and went to the nearest Best Buy and bought my copy, thought to myself *my goodness he looks 14!* -- then picked up my sister for a lunch date and we drove around central Houston for the next hour or so listening to it and picking out our favorite songs at first listen -- my faves were ISY and RTM, and hers were IWCY and PD, but we loved all of it. I remember repeating, "I'm so happy for him, I'm so happy for him."

Remembering that now, I was overly ripe, low-hanging fruit in 2006. I think I fell off the tree the moment I realized he was in no way naive, innocent, and didn't look 14, but was, instead, breathtaking and stunning and in control.

normal_fmai5finale5tagged.jpgnormal_fmai5finale4tagged.jpg

Clay_in_the_house.jpgAI5-cap11.jpg

Sorry I just can't stop going there, even though I know I'm repetitive about it. But, dammit, I love him, and in retrospect am fairly certain that I must always have loved him. I just needed that AI5 swift kick in the ass!

Wish I could go to SPAM in November -- but since I can barely fit in a dental appointment for a crown in November, I know it ain't gonna happen. But I miss seeing him on the stage -- and I hope all of you going to the Gala have a wonderful time and PLEASE GET CLACK for us poor, needy souls out here.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! I just got an AWESOME deal on a hotel in NYC for January 2-5 and charged that sucker! So I at least have a room. Still working on flight & Spam tix. :04:

Isn't it though ?

I love him more today than ever. :wub: I can't wait for the next chapter.... what a ride !!!!

I am at work and should not be here (shhhhhhhhhh) but I MUST post this. Not NEED, not WANT, I MUST

(some will understand and some will go HUH?)

*ahem*

No more rhymes and I mean it!

Anybody Want a Peanut???

*whew* I feel MUCH BETTER!!!

I am at work and should not be here (shhhhhhhhhh) but I MUST post this. Not NEED, not WANT, I MUST

(some will understand and some will go HUH?)

*ahem*

No more rhymes and I mean it!

Anybody Want a Peanut???

*whew* I feel MUCH BETTER!!!

Oh, nooooo!

I hope you haven't been hanging out at CV today! [smallvoice] I went on a limerick spree![/smallvoice]

Couldn't help myself!

Hee, Sue - see, you fit right in here! Be afraid. Be very afraid!

:P

Check your pm's, muski! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

That talk about what we were doing five years ago made me sad... because I wasn't paying any attention five years ago!

EDIT: About the MOAM release, I mean.

Hey, there's a Princess Bride book?

Hey, there's a Princess Bride book?

Yes. Written by William Goldman. I read it in High School...thinking all the time... Gee this reads just like a screenplay. Everything you love about the movie...but more more more of it. :) But I do think sometimes it's what you loved first. I loved the book first. I loved the movie too, but not in the same way.

---

Awww MOAM anniversary :wub:

Pop quiz: what were YOU doing five years ago today?

Me? I was driving through the pouring rain, coming back from a trip to Chicago, having spent a good portion of the night before at a party. This was my companion for that trip:

s92384.jpg

Happy birthday MOAM!

OMG! I can't believe it's been FIVE YEARS SINCE MOAM!!!!

? QUESTION:

When you say "MOAM" out loud or read it,

do you say ...

MOAM (rhymes with moan)

MO-AM (two syllables - sounds like 'Mow-Ham')

M-O-A-M (Say each of the letters)

~OR~

"Measure of a Man" (say the whole name out to yourself)

Five years ago, I had just had an incredibly busy summer. My daughter was living here with her soon-to-be-hubby, and we were planning their wedding for Sept 13th. She was going to class to make up one class for her degree. He was working in Arlington, which is an impossible commute (2+ hours every day), and they had no car. She was working about 6 miles from here and biking there every day, except on those days when she was running late and I would drive her. That summer almost everyday there was a severe T-storm around 5PM and I would end up picking her up, even if I didn't drive her.

After the wedding on 9/13 they stayed about 2 more weeks and then drove off into the sunset in a used RV to visit his relatives in CA and eventually end up in the camp east of Seattle where they would begin teaching prinitive skills to children. Sometime around this time (I can't remember the exact date), their RV caught fire and burned totally up, along with almost ALL their possesions somewhere in No CA.

They came back here to live and wait for the insurance money before heading to WA State again.

Sometime in the middle of all that, I managed to notice Clay

Notes_4.gif"ON THE COVER OF THE ROLLING STONE" Notes_4.gif

and then managed to get his album - there was a big CD-Release Party near here I knew nothing about - but by sometime in November or so I had found the Broads Board.

And it was all downhill from there!! :F_05BL17blowkiss: