#42: We're still having fun, and you're still the one!

Couch Tomato

FCA Thread Title  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• Endlessly entertaining, never a dull moment!!
    • Clay you seriously need to go back into the closet....to find another outfit!
    • I luv him, he is the anti-cool. He is his own cool that far exceeds cool.
    • The balls may be lavander, but they're still titanium.
    • He's Clay. He's gay. And whatever. When's the next tour?
    • He's made of awesome!
    • Even more beautiful now, inside and out!
    • God, what a MAN!
    • That is a MAN.

I am at work and should not be here (shhhhhhhhhh) but I MUST post this. Not NEED, not WANT, I MUST

(some will understand and some will go HUH?)

*ahem*

No more rhymes and I mean it!

Anybody Want a Peanut???

*whew* I feel MUCH BETTER!!!

Oh, nooooo!

I hope you haven't been hanging out at CV today! [smallvoice] I went on a limerick spree![/smallvoice]

Couldn't help myself!

:cryingwlaughter: and they were wonderful every last one of them!!!!

I say moam (rhymes with foam). Always have. Always will. :)

Me, too.

Doesn't everybody?

suerue, is CV where you were or was there Extreme Rhyming going on somewhere else?!

Y'all better be good or I'll post my limericks here!!!

:cryingwlaughter:

Twas your rhyming on CV!!! Between that and The Princess Bride talk here I could NOT get that out of my HEAD today!!! and I say GO FOR IT!! Your limericks are WONDERFUL!!!

? QUESTION:

When you say "MOAM" out loud or read it,

do you say ...

MOAM (rhymes with moan)

MO-AM (two syllables - sounds like 'Mow-Ham')

M-O-A-M (Say each of the letters)

~OR~

"Measure of a Man" (say the whole name out to yourself)

"Measure of a Man" -I say the whole thing !!! :lilredani:

I loved the album so much I played it non stop for close to a year ! MOAM is my favorite song on the album !

Couchie, I don't post much but I read faithfully here. I love this board !!! So many thoughtful posts !!!

Did anyone just watch House? Best episode in a while!

Any chance you can PM me how it ended? My dang DVR stopped taping at the end during the conversation about not being able to pick your friends!!! Warner Cable is definitely NOT my friend right now!!!! aaaaaaaacccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry4:

I say "moe-um" :cryingwlaughter: ....and on the birthday of Clay's first CD, I was at work all day~but thinking of him! I had not yet discovered the message boards, but had been haunting ClaytonAiken.com for months at that point, looking at all the pics and stuff and drooling, and I did know the date of the release. (down, muski)

As soon as work was done (I don't get lunch) I RAN to the nearest HMV and GRABBED that CD up!...and spent the next hour in the parking lot at Southcentre in Calgary, listening and crying! Had it (and several others) :) on repeat in the car for months and months and months....used to cry every day on the way to work, listening to it. :hysterical:

I am so confused. Don't know that bride thing and can't write limericks. :cryingwlaughter:

Five years ago I had a bunch of tax returns I had to get out by the 15th. One was a divorced couple filing their last joint tax return and living in two different states. They both had to sign the return and mail it in by the 15th. Despite that they couldn't decide until last minute if it would be a joint return or married filing seperate. Oy! Got it out overnight to one and told him to get it to her somehow.

Despite that and the fact it was my oldest son's birthday, I went out the next morning before work to pick up a few MOAM"s at Target. I think I'm a bigger fan now than I was then. :lilredani:

I am sorry to say I did not purchase MOAM till the following April. RL was hitting hard, in Sept. my mother had a stroke and after being in the hospital for a period of time was then sent to rehab. She left there in mid Oct. I have to laugh because she continued even during her recovery to find anytime he was on tv. Once she was home from rehab she would tape every show he was on. Again I had so much going on with work, and taking classes for ski patrol I just did not pay attention. I did notice that our local paper every week would print the list of best selling cd's and I did see the weeks it was in the top 10. My sister got my mother the cd for Christmas and she was so excited. I would go to her house once a week and she would alsways have some show for me to watch. Finally in April I bought the cd, went to the library and got on the computer, because I did not have one, and the ride has not stopped since. I have had such a wonderful time and my mother who is now 87 still is a big fan. My only regret is that because I did not know anybody to go with me to Clio for the NAT I stayed home. My mom did not think she could sit through a concert. For the next few years my Mom was able to go to JNT 2004, JBT, JNT 2006. Now it is hard for her, but she enjoys my recaps and the little items I bring back for her.

couchie says:

I find it totally amazing that it's been almost 6 years since we met Clay and I find him even more fascinating than I did on day one. How is that possible. So many other interests have come and gone since then... but Clay is still part of my "daily" life.

Because once in a blue moon someone really, truly, special comes along...that inexplicable mix of the mystery of charisma, heart, humor, talent, lovely personage (heh), joy, a giving spirit...someone that unconsciously commands respect and yet outwardly doesn't actually asks for it for himself, yet gives it freely to others, unsolicited; a man that embodies not just the good but the human side, the snark, the mis-steps, the struggle to be all he can be, the imperfectness of living...a real life. Love his love of life, his willingness to keep on keeping on, and his undeniable strength of will. He ain't perfect (hell, who is??) but he's definitely a keeper. Well, I'll keep him. Hee. It's been an interesting journey and I hope to be able see it last a long, long time.:-)

Excuse the syrupy post...been wanting to jump in for a while...just felt it was the right time.:-)

How y'all been??

Hope we'll be seeing each other soon (our soon...natch) as that cutie up there ^^ gets his adorable tushie back on the concert stage. Can.not.wait.

No Spam this round for me but the recaps are sure fun to follow....y'all going, enjoy! It was a blast this spring.

Hey, K'Andre, I've learned to corral mah chewing gum, by the way, so you can stand next to me in a Kimmel line safely. Just don't hold out your hand....:-)

Well, nice to be here...I hope to keep up. Need to go peruse around a bit....nice place....:-)

boo7, nice first post. Totally agree with you and he is definately a keeper. Also agree with couchie who said he is more fascinating now and I love him more today than 6 years ago, and I was pretty hooked then. Couldn't wait until he was on the next week, didn't care about any of the others, other than to hope some went the hell home so I didn't have to suffer listening to them anymore. How some of them made it into the top 12 completely baffles me.

And I went out on my lunchbreak, even told my boss I might be late, to get moam ( I say the whole name) and I picked up about 5 copies. Listened to it constantly until I learned how to make cd's and started making concert cd's. Now I have a 6 cd changer in my car and have 4 concert and 2 omwh with some atdw and some demo. I love ikhtrf and not supposed to love you anymore. Only problem is, I really want some of his other concert stuff, which I have, but I can't take out what's in there. I have 2 of DCAT and 2 of JBT, both with lots of silly Clay and they make me laugh. I need to get a car next time for a mp3 player adapter, otherwise the only time I'll hear new stuff is when I change for Christmas.

My friend Carol and I got to our hotel in NYC about 5:30 because the plane was early, so we changed clothes and took the subway downtown and went to the theater and got tickets for tonight's Spamalot. (second row of the mezzanine, so we had a good view). Anyhow, when I bought the tickets, the ticket seller was the one I took a picture of in the spring, so I told him that I'd taken his picture holding the killer rabbit one night when Clay's show was sold out and that I'd posted the picture on a message board and it had ended up all over. He knew right away what picture I was talking about and said that it had made him famous, but that the fans brought him cookies, and buttons, and cheesecake so that was ok, AND he said that they (unsure exactly who) had downloaded the picture, printed it, and he and Clay signed it and auctioned it for $250 for "Clay's charity." Isn't that great!!! Now, I would have bid on that!!

Clay looked very good, but Jerome was in my way much of the time (at the stage door).

Audience mostly NJU but scattered Claymates. Good reception for Clay and everyone. There were about 70 (I counted) people up against the barriers, and probably another 20 back a bit when Clay came out. I recognized a number of people at the SD from when I was there in the spring. We ran into a Claymate friend at dinner at Juniors. Small world.

Wish you were all here.

ETA: I miss some of the original cast and Tom was out, but we still laughed really hard as did the people around us and had a great time. Clay seemed more animated in some scenes than he did last time and is playing the guard differently--interesting to see the changes.

We love him.

Just as he is.

By the way, we are very happy with the Newton Hotel (94th and Broadway). it's older and the room is not large, but very clean and comfortable and has a brand spanking new bathroom. We got a double room and it has a microwave and refrigerator. Subway in the next block and buses outside. (Walking distance to popover cafe!)

Oy, ve, what a buuuuusy day! Just got on the computer to catch up a few minutes ago.

Wanda, I'm so happy you got to go to Spamalot tonight! Sounds like a great turnout at the stage door.

kf, I LOVE AI5 Clay, too, and I certainly don't mind you posting AI5 pics! It's still one of my favorite clips of Clay. It always brings a smile to my face!

I went to the MOAM CD release party in Denver the eve of the release. It was a very nice party! I met people there who are still my friends. And I, too, loved MOAM. Listened to it obsessively, and loved singing along to it in the car. My fave is IWCY.

And I LOVE how Clay has matured since then. I enjoy remembering MOAM Clay, but I much prefer the man he has become. He's weathered some pretty difficult stuff, and is even more beautiful now, inside and out. I wouldn't trade the last five years of fandom for anything.

AItoAIW.gif

Because once in a blue moon someone really, truly, special comes along...that inexplicable mix of the mystery of charisma, heart, humor, talent, lovely personage (heh), joy, a giving spirit...someone that unconsciously commands respect and yet outwardly doesn't actually asks for it for himself, yet gives it freely to others, unsolicited; a man that embodies not just the good but the human side, the snark, the mis-steps, the struggle to be all he can be, the imperfectness of living...a real life. Love his love of life, his willingness to keep on keeping on, and his undeniable strength of will. He ain't perfect (hell, who is??) but he's definitely a keeper. Well, I'll keep him. Hee. It's been an interesting journey and I hope to be able see it last a long, long time.:-)

Excuse the syrupy post...been wanting to jump in for a while...just felt it was the right time.:-)

How y'all been??

There's my Boo! heee :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I don't know why today of all days..as I was doing mundane work tasks that I just got an overwhelming feeling of schmoopiness over all the good times I've had being a fan. Thanks for enabling me everybody.

(Walking distance to popover cafe!)

damn wish I was there... uh for clay too hee. Have fun!!

underthespell - I didn't like moam, the song, on first listen, although I thought it was the perfect Clay song (the song I say the whole thing - the album..it rhymes with foam). Then one day I was going to visit a friend in San Francisco - who was visiting from out of town- and it was after dark and I thought it was right over around that next corner so I walked...but I walked some more...and more...and the more I walked - let's just say the more "raw" the neighborhood became. So I slapped on my headphones on and kept stepping getting more and more nervous. And then measure of a man came on - and I swear almost instantaneously I calmed down. I put that song on repeat and it got me to my destination. I've loved that song ever since. I swear that man turns me to freaking mush and I like it.

Waves to my girlfriend Gibby because she said this and I totally agree...

And I LOVE how Clay has matured since then. I enjoy remembering MOAM Clay, but I much prefer the man he has become. He's weathered some pretty difficult stuff, and is even more beautiful now, inside and out. I wouldn't trade the last five years of fandom for anything.

couchie says:

I find it totally amazing that it's been almost 6 years since we met Clay and I find him even more fascinating than I did on day one. How is that possible. So many other interests have come and gone since then... but Clay is still part of my "daily" life.

How y'all been??

Hope we'll be seeing each other soon (our soon...natch) as that cutie up there ^^ gets his adorable tushie back on the concert stage. Can.not.wait.

No Spam this round for me but the recaps are sure fun to follow....y'all going, enjoy! It was a blast this spring.

Hey, K'Andre, I've learned to corral mah chewing gum, by the way, so you can stand next to me in a Kimmel line safely. Just don't hold out your hand....:-)

Well, nice to be here...I hope to keep up. Need to go peruse around a bit....nice place....:-)

Boo... That's quite a great post for your first post, but why does the counter say "0"??? Oh, yeah, cause it went with your name. :cryingwlaughter: Definitely not a "0" post! :welcome10:

I'm far from any fires down here in OC, but since my son is a fireman in Riverside County and I don't know where he is right now, I always get nervous when we have wildfires. Which is partially why I am the heck up at 1am, dang it! He could be at one of the San Diego fires (next door to Riverside County for those not familiar with SoCal geography).

The picture of Clay is hysterical. How can Jerome let him out like that? God, I love that man!!! He can look gorgeous one minute and a complete doofus the next... :cryingwlaughter: And, he could care less!

EEEEEEEEEEEE! One more sleep until I leave for NC! :hubbahubba:

Wanda, so happy to hear you got to Spam last night. I have been seated in 2nd row mezz, and you are right, the view is great. Much closer to the stage than I anticipated. Apparently the front row mezz overhangs row 12. Thanks for the stage door report, sounds like lots of people for a Tuesday evening. :clap:

Welcome, boo! Lovely first post.

Ahhhhh, so much left to do, so little time. How many instructions do you think my sons can absorb? Hee, different food for each cat, what's in the freezer, how to cook it, how to work the furnace, don't forget to load & unload the dishwasher, here is my number but don't call unless it's an emergency! Hee, I think I'll leave a few notes as reminders.

OK, I'm not liking how my day is starting out...

I have minor surgery today (I say minor, but am enough of a hypochondriac to feel mildly panicked, but not enough of one to want people staying with me afterward, which is why I'll let my mother take me - but my sister to bring me home. I know she'll be bored enough to leave much quicker than Ma!) So, for surgery, all I wanna wear is underwear and a dress I can pull over my head. So I washed a load of clothes (including the dress I plan to wear) earlier this week, and being a lazy single person, leave everything in the dryer and simply take out what I want. Have done it for years. Well, of course when I have one thing I actually NEED to wear, one of my cats apparently takes it in her head that clean clothes in the dryer need to be slept upon while she emits enough hair to make another cat. Happily, the insomnia is allowing me to get a load in. Dammit.

I'm playing "I Survived You" at the cat. She doesn't seem to care.

KAndre, I hope everything goes well for you. I've heard that cat hair on clothes is the new "in" thing at the moment.

boo7! Good to see you here!

I think this hair might rival the "massage night" Open Arms from the NAT. Dude is still just so much...a guy.

Good Morning!

Wanda! Loved your recap!

Luckiest! You're leaving tomorrow? Are you staying at the Marriott?

I'm leaving Friday - driving. Can't check in til - 4 or something? and wondering what I'll do if I manage to get myself out of here early.

I'm thinking of taking my computer to the Apple store, but I hatesess driving around Raleigh without a navigator so I really need to do some mapquesting. I really need a new computer, but I want a mac and DH isn't too crazy about spending the extra $$ for a mac compared to what you can get a pic for.

Funny! GMA just showed some pics of Colin Powell cutting up with an African music group at an Africa Rising event at the Royal Albert Hall in London! He was groovin!!!

Wonder how long it will take to get on YouTube?! He looked like he was having fun!

I really need to see Clay. I don't know why, but though "the news" didn't hit me hard, for some reason the last few days I keep having these little moments of sadness.

It's like all of a sudden, there's a little Clay is gay thought and I get sad.

I don't think he's sad. I just mean, I think ONLY FOR A MOMENT about what he must have gone through all these years. And so much of his life being so public and examined and - I don't know. It doesn't last long.

I guess I had a little more picket fence hope for him than I thought I did.

I just need to see him.

He is an amazing human being, isn't he?

Yes, Gibby. He's beautiful, inside and out. And I nominate that for a thread title.

Good Morning Everyone,

3 Days until The BAF Gala! :yahoo:

9 Days until Clay is Roasting Matt Lauer!

:yahoo:

46 Days until Clay's Golden Birthday!

81 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot!

:cry:

101 Days until Golfing For Inclusion!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim