#42: We're still having fun, and you're still the one!

Couch Tomato

FCA Thread Title  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• Endlessly entertaining, never a dull moment!!
    • Clay you seriously need to go back into the closet....to find another outfit!
    • I luv him, he is the anti-cool. He is his own cool that far exceeds cool.
    • The balls may be lavander, but they're still titanium.
    • He's Clay. He's gay. And whatever. When's the next tour?
    • He's made of awesome!
    • Even more beautiful now, inside and out!
    • God, what a MAN!
    • That is a MAN.

He seriously looks like he just ripped off that wig, pulled on the sweatshirt and ran out the door without even running his hands through his hair!

He must have had a ton of product in it or no way would it stand up like that!

:cryingwlaughter:

I miss the "shake your hair out" no product Clay!

That is one of my favorite SD videos - the one in which his hair was long, no product, and as he was coming out the SD he shook his head like crazy. Love it!

Only 3 days!

I seriously need to get busy! I am getting my hair done this morning.

But - would someone please come pack for me?

:P

I'm really earning my trip to the Gala this week -- it's the 3rd day in a row that I've been at work at 7am and for the past 2 days I've been going home after 9pm. Today, I'll still be late going home but at least it's because of my quilting quild meeting, yay!

So, sorry about not greeting people for a couple of days. Hope everyone's been having a great week so far!

:nature-smiley-014:

{{{KAndre}}} and hoping for it goes through as smoothly as a day in the Spa!!!

Loving all the quotes from "The Princess Bride" -- thanks for the link to imdb, jmar. Should I feel weird that if anyone had started reciting a few words from those quotes, I could have finished them?

Much as I like Inigo Montoya, though, I have to say that I got a couple of cd's from the actor who plays him (jazzgirl and I discussed this a couple of days back) but I've been disappointed to the point of not playing these -- Clay could have done those way, way better and I'm not settling for anything less in the meantime. I might try again after a few days but for now I'm back to MOAM (yay! belated happy 5th anniversary!) More on this later, maybe I'll post a few links to compare mp3's. There have been a few songs here and there that I liked (or thought I liked) from Mandy but they're a very small minority compared to the rest of the CDs. On many songs I'm gritting my teeth in frustration because it sounds like he's overcompensating for something, like not having Clay's, uh, voice! :cryingwlaughter:

Glad you enjoyed the show, wanda! Have fun and blow him a kiss for us!!

Welcome, boo! Great first post!!!

:welcome23:

LOL at last night's hair!!! It's great that he can go out the SD without thinking "Oh I have to make sure I look exactly right!"

He knew right away what picture I was talking about and said that it had made him famous, but that the fans brought him cookies, and buttons, and cheesecake so that was ok, AND he said that they (unsure exactly who) had downloaded the picture, printed it, and he and Clay signed it and auctioned it for $250 for "Clay's charity." Isn't that great!!! Now, I would have bid on that!! <snip>

There were about 70 (I counted) people up against the barriers, and probably another 20 back a bit when Clay came out. I recognized a number of people at the SD from when I was there in the spring.

Wanda?? Is that you?? :lol: How totally cool re your pic of .....Craig, isn't it?....I LOVE that they did that!!

....and eeeeehhh!! for the stage door....I think that's a GREAT crowd for a weeknight! And in the video someone else took, I see lots of men again. I think I'm going to brush up on my jujitsu! :whistling-1:

EEEEEEEEEEEE! One more sleep until I leave for NC! :hubbahubba:

Me toooooooo!!!

I really need to see Clay. I don't know why, but though "the news" didn't hit me hard, for some reason the last few days I keep having these little moments of sadness.

It's like all of a sudden, there's a little Clay is gay thought and I get sad.

I don't think he's sad. I just mean, I think ONLY FOR A MOMENT about what he must have gone through all these years. And so much of his life being so public and examined and - I don't know. It doesn't last long.

I guess I had a little more picket fence hope for him than I thought I did.

Me too! I didn't have the picket fence dream die....because I really, truly think he already has that picket fence; but for some reason I really, REALLY need to see Clay. Not Sir Robin. Clay.

I realized the other day that it has been well over a year now since I've seen Clay; again, not Sir Robin, who is a completely different person....but Clay. When we were in NYC in the spring Clay never did the SD. So~I can hardly wait. A year + is WAAAAAAYYY too long not to have seen him.

I miss him BAD!!

Scarlett, from one of the enablers.......:hysterical:....eeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhh!!! I'm so glad to see you getting involved in the quilting world! You probably already HAVE found it much like the Clayworld, in that it's a great sisterhood.

PS Did you notice the request for picture takers on the guild website? :lol: little do they know who they have, I suspect.....

I'm a little PW this morning, so I'll just add this on: did I miss this being posted?

OMWH.jpg

Linda Huber's website, to order

I'm just going to quote the heck out of you today, From Claygary! (even though I messed up the quote thingys below).

EEEEEEEEEEEE! One more sleep until I leave for NC! :hubbahubba:

From Claygary:

Me toooooooo!!!

Me three!!!!! Wheeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

I really need to see Clay. I don't know why, but though "the news" didn't hit me hard, for some reason the last few days I keep having these little moments of sadness.

It's like all of a sudden, there's a little Clay is gay thought and I get sad.

I don't think he's sad. I just mean, I think ONLY FOR A MOMENT about what he must have gone through all these years. And so much of his life being so public and examined and - I don't know. It doesn't last long.

I guess I had a little more picket fence hope for him than I thought I did.

From Claygary:

Me too! I didn't have the picket fence dream die....because I really, truly think he already has that picket fence; but for some reason I really, REALLY need to see Clay. Not Sir Robin. Clay.

I realized the other day that it has been well over a year now since I've seen Clay; again, not Sir Robin, who is a completely different person....but Clay. When we were in NYC in the spring Clay never did the SD. So~I can hardly wait. A year + is WAAAAAAYYY too long not to have seen him.

I miss him BAD!!

Me three again, sort of..... I mentioned to Bella19 in an e-mail this morning that I felt like it's been a long time since I've seen "Clay". Even the Christmas tour last year where he stood in one place all night, I felt he was a little disconnected from us...and then with Spam, as you say...he's Sir Robin, and my SD experience was from the third row back so I hardly saw him at all. I didn't really have a picket fence dream for him, but I did want him to be happy and include us in that happiness, so the coming out news, to me, was a re-connection to him. At last, no secrets, and for that reason, I need to see him...the REAL him. Know what I mean?

Oh, and CV picked my limerick this week to go with the flowers they send to him! Hee!

[Oh, and CV picked my limerick this week to go with the flowers they send to him! Hee!

Claymatron... Congrats!!! Are you going to share it at some point??? Pretty please!

KAndre... may the great outcome gods smile upon you today!!! Sorry about your dress! Bad kitty! :cryingwlaughter:

I watched his GMA interviews again last night and he was just so handsome and mostly very confident! I think a bit of the laughter was nervousness, but only a bit. He's got more guts than most people, that's for sure.

Great post, boo7! :welcome:

And I LOVE how Clay has matured since then. I enjoy remembering MOAM Clay, but I much prefer the man he has become. He's weathered some pretty difficult stuff, and is even more beautiful now, inside and out. I wouldn't trade the last five years of fandom for anything.

Absolutely agree, Gibby. Schmoopie thread title option bolded above? :flirtysmile3:

So I washed a load of clothes (including the dress I plan to wear) earlier this week, and being a lazy single person, leave everything in the dryer and simply take out what I want. Have done it for years. Well, of course when I have one thing I actually NEED to wear, one of my cats apparently takes it in her head that clean clothes in the dryer need to be slept upon while she emits enough hair to make another cat. Happily, the insomnia is allowing me to get a load in. Dammit.

I'm playing "I Survived You" at the cat. She doesn't seem to care.

Good luck, KAndre! As for the rest of your post? I can't relate at.all to the washing stuff & leaving it in the dryer, or cats that shed enough to create another entire litter of cats... Nope. Not at.all... :whistling-1:

Loving all the quotes from "The Princess Bride" -- thanks for the link to imdb, jmar. Should I feel weird that if anyone had started reciting a few words from those quotes, I could have finished them?

It would be absolutely, totally, and in all other ways inconceivable to feel weird about that. Out of curiosity, why do you ask? :lilredani:

Interesting question... When I *see* acronyms like MOAM, I think the full name i.e. "Measure of a Man" when I read it. Same thing for MCWL, ATDW, OMWH, etc. Guess its just how my brain works!!! hee

Same here! Seeing the acronyms, they always 'translate' to the full names for me.

[Oh, and CV picked my limerick this week to go with the flowers they send to him! Hee!

Claymatron... Congrats!!! Are you going to share it at some point??? Pretty please!

Awww, thanks. Didn't know if anyone else would actually care..

Here it is:

As Sir Robin, you may not be the meanest,

But as a star on Broadway, you're the keenest

Your voice is just great

And your dancing's top rate!

Though you might not get hired as a pianist!

Awww, thanks. Didn't know if anyone else would actually care..

Here it is:

Your voice is just great

Claymatron.... :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter: made me laugh and I'm sure it will Clay too! Good one!

Someone sent me this - wasn't sure where to post it so thought it may as well be here! It's "food" for thought?

A holy man was having a conversation with God one day and said, "God, I would like to know what Heaven and Hell are like."

God led the holy man to two doors. He opened one of the doors and the holy man looked in.

In the middle of the room was a large round table. In the middle of the table was a large pot of stew, which smelled delicious and made the holy man's mouth water. The people sitting around the table were thin and sickly. They appeared to be famished. They were holding spoons with very long handles that were strapped to their arms and each found it possible to reach into the pot of stew and take a spoonful. But because the handle was longer than their arms, they could not get the spoons back into their mouths. The holy man shuddered at the sight of their misery and suffering .

God said, "You have seen Hell."

They went to the next room and opened the door. It was exactly the same as the first one. There was the large round table with the large pot of stew which made the holy man's mouth water. The people were equipped with the same long-handled spoons, but here the people were well nourished and plump, laughing and talking.

The holy man said, "I don't understand."

"It is simple," said God " It requires but one skill. You see they have learned to feed each other, while the greedy think only of themselves."

Claymatron, your limerick is priceless. :cryingwlaughter: YAY for having it chosen!!!

MOAM - I say MOAM (rhymes with foam) when speaking about the CD to 'us', but Measure of a Man outside the Clayworld, and always the full title when talking about the song. It has always been the song I choose when asked 'if you could only ever listen to one song again...' I don't think that will ever change. Hearing him finally sing the full song with the orchestra last summer was absolutely the high-point of the concerts for me. The first time - in Syracuse, I was actually quite overwhelmed by it. And then Sterling Heights - well that was just... wow. A full-body experience for me.

Hee - I remember when the five snippets were discovered (Rate the Music I think? a site that's gone now anyway). GBB posted a thread on the CB - and I was the first post on it. I think it went something like ....OMFG WE CAN HEAR THEM!!!!!!!!!!! (I thought it was just a track listing at first, lol) Such an exciting time in the fandom. And when we finally got the full CD - gahhh. I don't know how many times I listened to it - but to this day when I hear Invisible, I still expect I Will Carry You to follow it.

suereu and boo7 :welcome:

Here it is:

Your voice is just great

Thanks for bringing it over - I haven't been to CV in weeks. It's terrific and I'm sure Clay will get a kick out of it.

Kandre - Hope your day got better.

Safe travels to those of you leaving for Raleigh tomorrow! :bighug:

Checking in quickly...what a crazy day. Both yesterday & today I've been covering for my coworker who is on holidays. Plus doing the imperative stuff that my job entails. I feel like a chicken running around with it's head cut off. Yes, Cotton, I fly in tomorrow afternoon, but no, I am not staying at the Marriott, I am staying in Cary with a friend. We are doing the fair all day Friday, can't wait! And then picking up my daughter at the airport around noon Saturday and getting ready for the gala, wheeeeeeee!

Claymatron, are you packed and ready to go? Loved your limerick. How cool that you won! I haven't been reading at CV lately.

Hope all is well, KAndre.

Ok, now back to work so I can get my butt outta here and run the last minute errands I have left to do, plus last minute packing. One more sleep, EEEEEEEEEEE!

For some reason, I call Clay's first album Mo-am, but the rest of them, I just blurt out the full title. I think it's the combination of consonant-vowel-vowel-consonant that makes it work for me. Shrug.

Cotton, I understand that feeling you describe as "twinges of sadness" for Clay -- I've been going through them myself from time to time. Nothing full blown, of course, but there are times when I feel very sad for the stuff he's had to go through in the past 5 years regarding this. And then, I also feel kind of sad that, IMO, he's going to continue to have similar kinds of things happen. What do I mean, exactly? Well, I sometimes feel that even with him being true to himself now, that he has opened another can of worms...because of continued homophobia that I see in this nation today. Just reading about these anti-homosexual propositions in California and Florida scares the crap out of me.

Clay did a couple of quotes during the GMA interviews that really resonated with me:

"It's taken a while for me to have faith in society to accept the fact that people are more accepting and more open-minded and more loving and caring and less interested in your personal life than I initially thought," he told "Good Morning America."

And this quote:

"I want my son to be raised in the same place because I think -- like I said I have an inordinate amount of hope and I have an amazing amount of faith in Americans and society and the people who I grew up with and everywhere."

from the ABC website

And really, I'm glad he feels that way...because there are times that I don't share that hope. I'm working on it, though.

OTOH...I guess I don't feel a NEED to see Clay at the moment. I have a burning WANT, but that's a different animal in my book. I am looking forward to seeing him in Spamalot, no question; and I look forward to what kind of concert Clay we'll get next. But -- for me only -- I enjoy just watching clack of him at the stage door; I enjoy listening to his voice on my iPod; and I enjoy knowing that, from what I can tell, he's living his life and doing it well.

So, why do I have the faith in him, but not in society in general? Beats the heck out of me...

To all those traveling to the Gala this weekend, please have fun and travel safe! I've already told my hubby that I'm out of commission for Saturday evening...LOL.

BTW, the CH is doing a cellcert that night, if you are a subscriber.

Okay... NOW I am really ready for the gala. The two new high speed memory cards I ordered for my camera JUST ARRIVED!!!! Woo!! Hoo!!

(Don't you just love online shopping???)

luckiest1 - Enjoy the fair. This year they are having fried Mac & Cheese (they must have known Clay would be in town lol) and fried Pecan Pie!!!

I always say Measure of A Man, never MOAM unless I'm writing it.

Claymatron, are you packed and ready to go?

Yes! I've been trying to eliminate any unnecessary stuff, but it's impossible with the weather temps fluctuating as much as they're forecasting....and, where I used be be able to travel with just a toothbrush and a change of underwear, I'm a lot more high maintenance these days. Old-age, middle-age, maturity is a curse, I tell you!

:whistling-1:

Fried mac & cheese? Ewwwwwwwwww. Fried pecan pie sounds promising, though. ;)

While my "want" to see Clay is pretty strong (I'd say it's bordering on a need, LOL) I sure haven't felt any twinges of sadness for him lately. Just joy that he's free, he's over all the hurdles, and while I don't have nearly as much faith in society as he does, I bet he feels as though a weight has been lifted off his shoulders. The rest isn't up to him, he can't control the actions and reactions of others. He can just live his life, which it seems to me he is doing very well. :wub:

ETA: Claymatron, one suitcase only! LOL :cryingwlaughter:

For people attending the gala:

Just FYI I confirmed parking options at the Marriott today and I thought I would go ahead and share this info in case you need it:

If you are not staying at the Marriott you can do self-parking there for $3 an hour or valet parking for $7 a day (I don't think this includes in/out privileges and there is no overnight parking with the valet parking).

However, if you are staying at the Marriott, parking is $18 per car per 24-hr period and this does include in/out privileges.

She recommended those attending the gala but not staying at the hotel to do the valet parking for $7 and those attending the gala and staying at the hotel use the $18 per day for hotel guests.

I sometimes feel that even with him being true to himself now, that he has opened another can of worms...because of continued homophobia that I see in this nation today. Just reading about these anti-homosexual propositions in California and Florida scares the crap out of me.

Clay did a couple of quotes during the GMA interviews that really resonated with me:

"It's taken a while for me to have faith in society to accept the fact that people are more accepting and more open-minded and more loving and caring and less interested in your personal life than I initially thought," he told "Good Morning America."

And this quote:

"I want my son to be raised in the same place because I think -- like I said I have an inordinate amount of hope and I have an amazing amount of faith in Americans and society and the people who I grew up with and everywhere."

from the ABC website

And really, I'm glad he feels that way...because there are times that I don't share that hope. I'm working on it, though.

OTOH...I guess I don't feel a NEED to see Clay at the moment. I have a burning WANT, but that's a different animal in my book. I am looking forward to seeing him in Spamalot, no question; and I look forward to what kind of concert Clay we'll get next. But -- for me only -- I enjoy just watching clack of him at the stage door; I enjoy listening to his voice on my iPod; and I enjoy knowing that, from what I can tell, he's living his life and doing it well.

So, why do I have the faith in him, but not in society in general? Beats the heck out of me...

Yes.

That's it. I do think back on all that he's been through.

But I also see how rotten our society can be to anyone "different". (in their opinion!) How rude and how "entitled" they think they are to every little piece of someone. And I don't have as much faith.

Although I do see small victories.

Re: the bolded - I have faith in him because he has always lived his belief in inclusion. He has never appeared to have a single judgmental reaction to anyone's exterior.

He WILL call someone on their rotting insides, though! heh

And, in truth, NEED is too strong a word.

I NEED my son to find happiness in his new life without his bride of 5 years.

Yeah. I just WANT to see Clay.

I had my CD player on this afternoon while I was tooling around town - hairdresser, Belk, etc. The Dreaded Covers Album came on.

I LOVE it. LOVE it. Love his voice. Love what he did with the songs.

I don't really listen to concert Clay too much. I can't stand static on the radio and sometimes the ambient racket is just too much for me. Gets in the way of his voice.

But I LOVE LOVE LOVE when I come upon some of his hilarity!

"I'm gonna go back in the back and readabook", for instance.

This afternoon, this really got to me:

Take me in, Take me home

I can't stand to be alone

Help me paint the picture of my life

Don't you disappear and leave me here tonight

I hope he finds love. I hope it's someone who will be good to him.

He should be cherished.

luckiest, I thought about you when I wrote my "sad" post.

I do feel he is free, but I'm sure I could never understand it the way you do. I know he's alright. And yeah, he does have his "picket fence" now, with Parker and Jaymes.

But, like ldyj, I don't think the world is quite ready to leave him the hell alone, either.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

I've been thinking about some of the things Clay said in his blog to the fans and the world. There are so many quotes that made me so very proud and happy that he's 'in my life'. I did some reading and found similar feelings and words from some other celebrities who've come out of that damned closet.

T.R. Knight

“I guess there have been a few questions about my sexuality, and I’d like to quiet any unnecessary rumors that may be out there, while I prefer to keep my personal life private, I hope the fact that I’m gay isn’t the most interesting part of me."

Neil Patrick Harris

“I am happy to dispel any rumors or misconceptions and am quite proud to say that I am a very content gay man living my life to the fullest and feel most fortunate to be working with wonderful people in the business I love..."

Lance Bass

"The thing is, I’m not ashamed – that’s the one thing I want to say," he explains of his decision to come out. "I don't think it's wrong, I'm not devastated going through this. I'm more liberated and happy than I’ve been my whole life. I'm just happy."

As for why he's talking about this now, Bass says, "The main reason I wanted to speak my mind was that (the rumors) really were starting to affect my daily life. Now it feels like it's on my terms. I'm at peace with my family, my friends, myself and God so there's really nothing else that I worry about."

I'm so so very much in love with Clay Aiken. :flirtysmile3:

That's it. I do think back on all that he's been through.

But I also see how rotten our society can be to anyone "different". (in their opinion!) How rude and how "entitled" they think they are to every little piece of someone. And I don't have as much faith.

Although I do see small victories.

Re: the bolded - I have faith in him because he has always lived his belief in inclusion. He has never appeared to have a single judgmental reaction to anyone's exterior.

He WILL call someone on their rotting insides, though! heh

And, in truth, NEED is too strong a word.

I NEED my son to find happiness in his new life without his bride of 5 years.

Yeah. I just WANT to see Clay.

But I LOVE LOVE LOVE when I come upon some of his hilarity!

"I'm gonna go back in the back and readabook", for instance.

This afternoon, this really got to me:

Take me in, Take me home

I can't stand to be alone

Help me paint the picture of my life

Don't you disappear and leave me here tonight

I hope he finds love. I hope it's someone who will be good to him.

He should be cherished.

luckiest, I thought about you when I wrote my "sad" post.

I do feel he is free, but I'm sure I could never understand it the way you do. I know he's alright. And yeah, he does have his "picket fence" now, with Parker and Jaymes.

But, like ldyj, I don't think the world is quite ready to leave him the hell alone, either.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Cotton... I agree with so much of your post! Especially the loving his hilarity! :cryingwlaughter:

I think he is happier than he may have ever thought he could be. Jaymes loves him, he has Parker, his mother/grandmother and especially Brett didn't reject him, Broadway accepts him totally, he kept a goodly bunch of his bestest fans... :F_05BL17blowkiss: He said he thinks change comes slowly, so I think he is prepared.... his whole life prepared him for this confrontation between who he is and those that don't accept who he is.

Unless they are progressive, most Christian bookstores will no longer carry his stuff. Not sure how RCA is reacting, they have been totally quiet. Maybe the comics will be less caustic, but I'm not sure about them leaving him alone. I just hope hope hope that he has soooo much money stashed away that he and Parker are fine whatever happens.

The thing is, that when people get to know Clay at all, they love him, so that gives me hope that his hometown people and his relatives will accept him and Parker and Jaymes enough to make life ok for them in Raleigh. I read that the Triangle area is very gay friendly, and that's very close to him I think. I also read that 40% of Americans are for gay marriage and that's not bad. Not great, but not bad. I, also, really believe that things will slowly keep improving for gay acceptance. Con.nec.tion!! :cryingwlaughter:

Boy, only getting 4 hours sleep last night made me reflective... :cryingwlaughter: Actually, this is keeping me awake at work... not good to fall asleep at work, ya' know... they frown on that, dang it!!!

muski.... ditto! I have asked the universe for a straight man just like him only 30 years older and even richer... :cryingwlaughter: I'll keep you posted!!!