#42: We're still having fun, and you're still the one!

Couch Tomato

FCA Thread Title  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• Endlessly entertaining, never a dull moment!!
    • Clay you seriously need to go back into the closet....to find another outfit!
    • I luv him, he is the anti-cool. He is his own cool that far exceeds cool.
    • The balls may be lavander, but they're still titanium.
    • He's Clay. He's gay. And whatever. When's the next tour?
    • He's made of awesome!
    • Even more beautiful now, inside and out!
    • God, what a MAN!
    • That is a MAN.

I do not think we would ever see Clay in those black pants. Even though we would love it.

On my way to teach CPR for my helpers for tomorrow big group of about 120 people. At least tonight we only have 15 people. I will have a big headache at the end of the day tomorrow. Nothing like watching the video several times. I hope when I get to my sons birthday party tomorrow night he has a stiff drink for me. I am not driving.

I hope everyone is having a good time partying in Raleigh. Maybe one of these days my turn will come to go.(I can dream at least).

There is a stagedoor video from Clayphan76 on youtube and Jerome did not pick Clay up...just put his arm around him and pushed him through the door...some of the initial reports were a little...in my opinion...overly dramatic.

(of course that never happens in Clay Nation, LOL!)

Kim

Here is the link:

A sweater doesn't have to look good on me to look good on Clay. (and stuff that looks great on me would probably look silly on him)

I like the way that particular sweater fits his frame; it's casual but not ordinary, well-made but not screaming "look at me I'm worth $228" and it's probably soft and warm enough for fall with the 10% cashmere content.

I think it was just excitement and the speed of the action that led some early recappers to say that "Jerome picked him up."

ETA: Is it 5 o'clock yet?!!!

Looks like it's official. :huh:

Playbill

Spamalot to Close on Broadway in January 2009

By Andrew Gans

17 Oct 2008

Monty Python's Spamalot, the 2005 Tony Award winner for Best Musical, will end its reign at Broadway's Shubert Theatre Jan. 18, 2009.

When it closes, the musical will have played a total of 35 previews and 1,582 regular performances.

The New York company currently features Michael Siberry and Merle Dandridge, who play, respectively, King Arthur and Lady of the Lake, with Tom Deckman, Rick Holmes, Bradley Dean, Wally Dunn and David Hibbard. "American Idol" finalist Clay Aiken, who finishes his return engagement Jan. 4, 2009, also stars as Sir Robin.

When Spamalot closes on Broadway, it will have grossed over $175,000,000 and will have been seen by more than two million people. The musical recouped its entire investment in under six months.

Spamalot features a book and lyrics by Eric Idle, music by John Du Prez and Eric Idle, direction by Mike Nichols, choreography by Casey Nicholaw and is based on the screenplay of "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" by Monty Python creators Graham Chapman, John Cleese, Terry Gilliam, Eric Idle, Terry Jones and Michael Palin.

The musical tells the tale of King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table on their quest from God for the Holy Grail — with a short stop in the dazzling Spam-filled land of Camelot.

Spamalot earned the 2005 Tony Award for Best Musical and took home honors for direction (Mike Nichols) and one of its stars (Sara Ramirez).

Spamalot celebrated its third anniversary on Broadway March 18.

YEP..and this is super duper deluxe TGIF for me because I don't go back to work until October 26th. I'm looking forward to a week of doing whatever the hell I want to. Uh oh and one of those somethings better involve rating my CITH song :cryingwlaughter:

Hee couchie, I have you well trained. ;) Good idea.

Not surprised about Spamalot closing, and don't think it has anything to do with Clay. It's just the economy and the timing - Spam has had a great run. Glad that Clay isn't extending his run until the 18th, because I bet that might have pissed off a lot of people who were planning on a finale weekend from the 1st to the 4th.

We spent a great day at the NC State Fair - 9 of us in all. Only a little bit of rain, very light at times, and we were able to do everything we wanted to do. Fried food galore, games, rides, fudge, funnel cakes, arts & crafts, livestock...and a very interesting bathroom experience ("#3 is free, it's the place to pee!" according to our attendant who was celebrating her 41st birthday. We were glad she didn't tell us what #2 was good for. :cryingwlaughter: ) It got cooler as the day wore on, so we were glad to get into the warmth of Red Lobster for dinner. Just resting and chilling out warming up chez sassafras tonight, in anticipation of much fun & excitement tomorrow.

Even though I'm going in early January I wouldn't be upset if Clay stayed until the end of the run. I think it would be great actually. I'm so happy Clay got to be a part of it. And I'm so glad it won't be closing until after I get to see him in it one more time.

Even though I'm going in early January I wouldn't be upset if Clay stayed until the end of the run. I think it would be great actually. I'm so happy Clay got to be a part of it. And I'm so glad it won't be closing until after I get to see him in it one more time.

17.gif

It's sad that Spamalot is ending, but... $175,000,000!! :laola0:

On an unrelated note, I have (yet another, I know :)) random question. There's a song called "It's In Every One Of Us" that you could get if you pre-ordered OMWH from iTunes. Does anyone know if there's anyplace you can still get it? Napster, maybe?

Y'all know I wasn't referring to anyone here who might be upset with Clay extending his run to the 18th, right?

Yep we knew!!!! But as someone said earlier Clayfans are sooooo predictable!

Aww, glad you guys enjoyed the fair, luckiest. I actually really liked the NC state fair when we went for the NAT in 2004. Actually, up until 2004 I'd never been to a fair, then I'd suddenly been to my state's + several others over the course of the summer. :cryingwlaughter:

Y'all know I wasn't referring to anyone here who might be upset with Clay extending his run to the 18th, right?

Ok, here I sit, enjoying my first honey crisp apple of the season. :wub:

but of course... and yum on the honey crisp. I understood what you were saying. Ther IS something special about a Clay Aiken "final" show and many people pick that time to see that something extra special. I just needed as much time to save money as possible :cryingwlaughter:

Got back from my class and thought I would check and see whats going on. I am really sad that Spam is closing. At least I will get to see it. I also wonder if he will extend his time for the last two weeks. It is really quiet here, everyone at the Gala. I know I am not suppose to be jealous. :cry4: Look forward to the recaps even though I probably will not be able to read them to Sunday night.

I bet if they asked and he was available Clay would stay. And maybe, just maybe, they just found out and have asked and he has accepted and it just hasn't been announced yet.

After all, wasn't it just about 2 weeks ago they finally put on the website that Clay wouldn't be there this weekend? And they must have known about that since he first came back! So they may just be a bit slow at making announcements.

Did someone mention my Muppet song?????? I so love that song. I heard it today for the first time in ages and I still loved it!!!

Hmmm....so yep, I'm soooo happy that Clay will indeed be doing Spam that Jan 3-4 weekend since I'm planning on doing HIM then, too! :sleezy: But it seems verra, verra odd to me that Clay leaves then, but the play continues for only more weeks. Seems weird that someone else would come to play the part of Sir Robin for only two weeks....don't you think? :idk:

Then again, I don't know shit, so there you go... :rolleyes: heh

I got a wild hair to re-read LTS tonight. It's interesting to me to read it now--after Clay's 'not-a-declaration' :cryingwlaughter: And to think about when he actually wrote it---during the NAT, right? Isn't that when Allison Glock was on the bus with him? If so, there are a number of "Clay-timeframe-oddities" in that book---things like his version of 'soon', you know? :whistling-1: When this happened or that...what came first, chicken or egg or car stealing or prom night or Faye calling to cry over the phone to him after Brett went to Iraq or....

YOu get my drift.... heh

But....in the end, Clay's always been Clayton. :wub:

ETA: Wait a minute...it couldn't have been during NAT...the book was published in 2004...wasn't the Independent Tour in 2004? Wait a minute. Wasn't NAT in 2004, too?

Wait a minute. I'm as bad as Clay! :blink: :lmaosmiley-1: :cryingwlaughter:

Muski, you crack me up! :cryingwlaughter:

It was during the NAT, which was in 2004, as was the IT, and the book came out in November of 2004.

It occurred to me maybe they would bring back David Hyde Pierce for the last 2 weeks. I heard sometimes closing shows bring back original cast members.

But I still think its possible Clay may be asked to stay.

Calgon take me away.

Geeesh thank god this week is over. Wait it's not over cuz second job is one big ass headache these days.

I can't tell you happy I am to find out that Spam is still on for January. No more worry about buying refundable everythings!!

I can't wait to see Clay. I can't wait to see New York. I think I might actually see more New York this time.

To those in Raleigh..have a good time. I look forward to hearing all about it.

Morning, all. We were up early, so we are sitting here having coffee/tea, and watching Clay DVDs on a big screen TV. Ah, this is the life. :)

Sure wouldn't bother me if Clay stayed in Spam until the final show on the 18th......heck, maybe I might jump on that if it happened. I've used up all my holidays for this year with the Gala and my Spam plans in December, but January is a whole new year! ;) And I bet good tickets are still available.

It rained all night here, but it seems to have passed now. It's cool but clear. luckiestdaughter is currently sleeping at the Buffalo airport, waiting to board her flight to Raleigh via Charlotte. Won't be long now. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! CG, funny you mention the "muppet song" becoss we are thinking that that might be a perfect song for the gala tonight. Don't you think? :wub:

Good Morning Everyone,

Happy Gala Day!

6 Days until Clay is Roasting Matt Lauer! :yahoo:

43 Days until Clay's Golden Birthday!

:yahoo:

78 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot!

:cry:

100 Days until Golfing For Inclusion!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim