#42: We're still having fun, and you're still the one!

Couch Tomato

FCA Thread Title  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• Endlessly entertaining, never a dull moment!!
    • Clay you seriously need to go back into the closet....to find another outfit!
    • I luv him, he is the anti-cool. He is his own cool that far exceeds cool.
    • The balls may be lavander, but they're still titanium.
    • He's Clay. He's gay. And whatever. When's the next tour?
    • He's made of awesome!
    • Even more beautiful now, inside and out!
    • God, what a MAN!
    • That is a MAN.

Well, see, Muski?

Jack is my insider. winkwink

But I have to pretend I don't know Jack.

cuz, you know, Jack could get in trouble if certain people knew he was communicating with me and telling me superseecrit info about Clay.

So I always SAY I don't know Jack.

cuz I really do.

Get it?

But I don't know if Jack has any Clack.

I'll have to ask him next time we don't talk. winkwink

BTW, I was waiting for you to take something said upthread and run with it and you didn't and now I can't find it.

But I must say I'm really disappointed in you.

:hysterical:

I'm a postho this morning - was too busy to post yesterday, so I'm making up for it this morning!

Cute pics from the stage door. He sure looks happy!

259vd6a.jpg

2h6ee7d.jpg

2mo4c2h.jpg

And here's where you can buy that *coughcough* lovely grey hoodie -

And yet another stage door pic, with clayngel -

0b115d9aadecb617cfea325aba3d23a5e77.jpg

For me, the only difference between this "I'm insane" and the other "I'm insane"s is that Clay is acknowledging the existence of the insanity. And frankly, I think he's got a pretty good grasp on how long the psychoses last - it usually is about two weeks on the main boards and then discussion/debate/ranting goes on forever in the little "private" areas. The "You Were There" thing was jawdropping for me as to how ugly it got. And the "Learning to Sing" thing was the one that broke the camel's back.

It's a lovely cool sunny fall morning here in NC and I have the windows and doors open. It's very ni-i-i-ice!

And there is a mockingbird singing his little heart out. Singing every birdsong in his repertoire of "covers". And singing them beautifully.

He's making me smile.

Sometimes it's nice to find such beauty shouting down the ugly in the world, isn't it?

He's quite insistent this bird. He has quite a lot to say. I wish everyone could hear him.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Cotton, what is your definition of "cool"? I am looking forward to the warm NC sun! Someone needs to turn the heat on here before I call it a day and go home where I can at least control the thermostat myself. On the plus side, it has stopped raining and the sun has come out. Perhaps it will shine through the window and provide us some warmth? *shivers*

ETA: Love the stage door pics! Love the smile!

Gersh! I hope Clay allows a new thread to be opened at the OFC so we can try and get past the trauma caused by that shirt / sweater combo. :blink:

Please, please, please tell me Clay's just messing with us. That Quiana made him wear it on a dare. :P

Not only the outfit, but look at the hair! Its like he stuck his finger in a light socket! :cryingwlaughter:

How can anyone dress so oddly and have hair that is so comical and still be so cute????

Hmmm. Seems he is letting people take their picture with him at the stage door this time....

Wonders if she can get an appointment to get her color done and her hair trimmed and lose 20 pounds by Saturday....

Ah yes, back to where "we" should be...criticizing hair and clothes. *g*

Seriously...am I the only one who actually LIKES that purple flowered shirt? I think it's trendy and hip and very colorful. The sweater, though...must have been something that the janitor kept backstage that he needed something warm to wear...

With my clothing choices for Clay...I think...I'm all alone [tm the King].

I do have to say though...I missed that smile. I'm glad to see it back in my life.

LOL CG

KAndre - you are the woman!

And I have to laugh ...followed a google to the Something About Us Obama vid... and had to LOL cuz it was posted on an online radio site that caters to hip hop. The intro said:

Oh my people, mi gente...call me corny, I don't care! Clay Aiken sings this beautiful song and it's a beautiful dedication to Michelle and Barack Obama's love. When have you ever seen an African American couple displayed in such a loving light, she always hugs her man their is such warmth and true, true love, respect, appreciation and adoration between them both.They are partners..King and Queen...soon to be President and his First Lady! I love this song and this dedication.

and there's only a few coments but they made me smile too...

Lynx, you are corny, but I love the video, and the whole "love" idea that Clay is singing about. Push me faster ese!
I hope Clay finds his knight in shining armor... He's a latented dude... And if Obama doesn't get elected I'll have to write my next book on Napkins from McDonalds where I'll be, "may I taking your order..."
Sometimes you just need a really good love song. Imma download this from Clay.

Who cares if clay is gay? In this day and age it should not matter who you love. This song is the perfect accompaniment to the Barak and Michelle love story--perhaps they'll dance to it at the Inaugural Ball?

There were a couple that were making fun of him a bit but honestly, nothing as nasty as I've seen at the OFC.

Me me me me lady jocelyn. Loved the shirt... and the whole look - much improved over that gray monstrosity. hee.

Cotton, what is your definition of "cool"? I am looking forward to the warm NC sun! Someone needs to turn the heat on here before I call it a day and go home where I can at least control the thermostat myself. On the plus side, it has stopped raining and the sun has come out. Perhaps it will shine through the window and provide us some warmth? *shivers*

You Canadians are gonna laugh!

But right now it's about 67º.

The high today is forecast at 75º.

That beats the high 80's we've been having! I'm loving being able to have the windows open. Last night it was in the 50's and tonight's low is expected to be 52º.

Very nice!

It's been too danged warm for Oct.-late Sept. the last few days. This feels like October!

You must be in a speshul part of the city cause it's dull and grey and gloomy here. Trade ya.

nothing as nasty as I've seen at the OFC.

And that, Couchie, is what hurts the most, IMO.....that after all the shit he's been thrown, he finds some of the most vile attacks among his 'fans' on his own message board.

Okay...breathe, Muski, breathe for me, honey. Don't let it start your day....ohhhhmmmmmmmmmmm......

All righty, then! This morning I'm at home, waiting for the plumber. Yep...haven't had the use of downstairs toilet, the dishwasher, the clothes washer, the upstairs hallway sink, toilet or shower for five days now.

Yep.

Fun times at Casa Muski.

Yep.

OMG just saw one of the typos in the comments above... he's a talented dude turned into he's a latented dude. BWAH

and some definitions that fit

latent heat - the amount of energy released or absorbed by a substance during a change of phase

Latent bud, a bud in some plants that remains a bud until favourable conditions appear

Latency (engineering), a time delay between the moment something is initiated and the moment its first effect begins

Clay does seem to be savoring the stage door a bit more. I've never thought he didn't before but who knows..maybe more than ever he can accept the love that people are giving to him because he's shared another part of who he is.

Nah, it was fleeting. Back to grey and gloomy here too. Predicted high of 11 C (double it and add 32 makes 54 F) and down to 1 (34 F) on Sunday night! Brrrrrrrr.

Ldyj, I luuurves the purple flowered shirt, always have! :wub:

Eh, Cotton...that's not cool...that's heading for cold! It was like, sixty this morning! Thank heavens it's going back where it should be, the low 90's by this afternoon.

pats Scarlett fondly and manages to forget that just yesterday somebody didn't leave her house until after 7 am for a 7 am meeting; but 6 am meeting really are an entirely different level of evil...

keepingfaith is my girl...oh, some "christians" only think they're the only ones with access to the Bible - and should I confess that I almost PEED myself in laughter as someone held up the KJV as the one and only version because her grandparents and great-grandparents used it? Notwithstanding it was done in 1611 (you know, 16 centuries after Christ? Specifically written for the Anglican church? That King James picked and choose a lot of parts? Man, I love the KJV (the sounds of it reads beautifully) but shoot, the Apostles won't be able to read the thing. The whole English/Aramaic/Greek/Hebrew and iffy translation thing. By committees. Six frickin' committees. But oh noes! They don't wanna hear that. Heh.

I'm annoyed but not really disappointed with people because honestly, the whole Clay Nation reaction ("I'm insane because of Clay's latest announcement") is for me, just the latest variation of "I'm insane because Clay was rubbing his naughty bits on a black girl he wasn't married to in public" (trying to get all the objections in there - including the not PC ones - and there were a number of those) or "I'm insane because Clay punished us for groping him/not groping him/not giving me a chance to grope him/my friend was upset for not groping him" or "I'm insane because Clay sang a gospel song/took us to church/tried to forcibly convert me/made chunky girls wear white/pandered to the religious people" or "I'm insane because Clay doesn't hate Fran/Faye/Ray/Jaymes/KLo/whoever I'm hatin' on this week" or "I'm insane because RCA implanted this transmitter in my head and it plays nothing but polka music" or "I'm insane because Clay's singing slow songs/sexy songs but not seriously/covers/the wrong song off the CD/not on my tv for a month"....I was flabbergasted with the fandom for the first couple of "I'm insane because..." because the first few months misled me about the fandom. I thought they were just like me - liked Clay for what he was - enjoyed the journey he was making - knew I was a little (ok, maybe a lot over the top) but just because it was fun. Man, was I wrong! So now I pick and choose where I hang out.

But you know what's thrilling me? That people are going back and listening to Clay's oeuvre. MOAM. ATWD. I like Clay, old and new. And I'm glad others are doing that too.

I'm just like you, honey.

(Well, maybe a little heavier.)

I'm sick to death of these over-invested loonies. There just is no other word for people who "SUFFER" because someone they don't the hell know doesn't follow their dictates. So we end up with a leaner (not meaner) fandom. SO??? Clay will gain fans. He has talent and charisma. I'm not remotely worried. Pretty much everyone I know considers him courageous.

I hope today is going better, {{{ldyj}}}.

The bottom line for me is that nobody died and Clay is still the same person; all that died was an illusion. <snip> Five years ago, I thought Clay was an interesting guy with a great voice and the fact that he's a gay man who has formed a type of family with the mother of his child hasn't changed that perception.
That's it in a nutshell, isn't it.?

OTOH, I'm not in a very charitable mood this morning. Some "people" asked me to make a presentation at 6 am this morning!!! -- and they didn't show up!!! Now people like THOSE truly deserve the nth circle of hell!
Oooooooooh... that's baaaaaad... :afteryou:

But you know what's thrilling me? That people are going back and listening to Clay's oeuvre. MOAM. ATWD. I like Clay, old and new. And I'm glad others are doing that too.
Me too. It's always interesting to me to listen to old Clay songs. There are words or notes that I'd forgotten how much I loved and then there are words or notes that I hear in a new way. I could never abandon his voice. Never. Period. End of story.

Last night's stage door pic? Bwah! Bwahahaha! :hysterical: Gawd, I love him!!

As for the OFC, really & truly, you hit the nail square on the head for me, JennaZ. I've seen too many posts where people are just not willing to take any responsibility at all for the "mess" they find themselves in now. It's all Clay's fault. BULL.SHIT. The man did not hold a gun to their heads. I'll be the first to admit that, yes, I am an over-invested fan, but good God almighty, some of these people need to wake up!! And speaking of God, not everyone at odds with the religious aspect is hateful/hurtful/vengeful. There are some very good-hearted people who are seriously trying to work out their feelings vs. their beliefs. Then there are some who are not only throwing Clay under the bus, but all the rest of us heathens (*waves to wanda*) too.

Now everybody, *sing*.... :00000462: And the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round... Infinitum!

Flyby post as I have a doctor appointment in just a few minutes. Just wanted to say thank you so much for welcoming me so warmly. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

On to one of the important subjects du jour: the violet flowered shirt. I giggle every time I see a photo. Folks, I have a pair of pajamas with exactly the same print, down to the colors. No lie. So all I can think when I see it is "Clay, why are you wearing my pajamas?" And that is just disturbing on all kinds of levels. :lmaosmiley-1:

Catch y'all later! Thanks again for all of the welcomes.

Flyby post as I have a doctor appointment in just a few minutes. Just wanted to say thank you so much for welcoming me so warmly. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

On to one of the important subjects du jour: the violet flowered shirt. I giggle every time I see a photo. Folks, I have a pair of pajamas with exactly the same print, down to the colors. No lie. So all I can think when I see it is "Clay, why are you wearing my pajamas?" And that is just disturbing on all kinds of levels. :lmaosmiley-1:

Catch y'all later! Thanks again for all of the welcomes.

And to think--just 2 weeks ago, half the fandom would have been out trying to buy those same pajamas!!!!

I hope you warm up soon, lucky!

The weather here is still gorgeous. Highs in the low 80s, and lows in the 50s at night. Perfect weather for keeping the windows open during the day.

ETA: KAndre, that was very funny! What a fun thing to do at a wedding!

Good Morning Everyone,

I wanted to respond to Couchie's post and other's last night; but I was in a pretty pissy mood (and watching the Cub game didn't help) and didn't want to offend anyone, but then I saw Trophywife's post...that is pretty much where I am now...I just don't give a shit anymore that people are feeling bad or struggling or can't come to terms. I find I want to scream at my computer "Oh for God's sakes just get over it!" I just cannot understand having "trust issues" with a celebrity...someone you don't know, probably will never know or even meet. I know that sounds callous and unfeeling..but I am just so done with the whole thing. I think some need to just walk away from their computers for a week, get back into real life and realize that in the great scheme of things, this is just not that big of a deal.

On to the really important stuff:

16 Days until The BAF Gala!

:yahoo:

22 Days until Clay is Roasting Matt Lauer!

58 Days until Clay's Golden Birthday!

94 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot!

:cry4:

114 Days until The BAF Golf Outing!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

90 days till I'm in NYC for spamalot, wow