#43: Even more beautiful now, inside and out!

ldyjocelyn

Vote for next Thread Title  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next thread title?

• God we have it so bad...yet it feels so good!
    • That man just doesn't have quit in him.
    • Lordy, this guy makes me smile so hard. I love him
    • What boyfriend wants he gets!
    • We think we'll keep him!
    • Resistance is futile and once I heard that voice all was right with the world.
    • He's back. We're back. We're home again.
    • Yes, Clay, we still think you are sex on a stick! Southern Fried Sex on a Stick!
    • God we have it so bad...yet it feels so good!

I'll set the Clack to download while I'm at church (where I'll have to ask God's forgiveness for lusting after being excessively fond of my pretend gay boyfriend). In the meantime, there are a couple of youtubes:

RHW

Have fun storming the castle at the FCA Brunch! :lilredani:

Was it Merriville MDYK that he did with Quiana and Ang? Might as well get the fantastic while I'm getting..

And which Listen was the Clay Quiana duet... thanks

BWAH, now we know who doesn't download any of our montage series. :P Merrillville was the MGUCL with Quiana & Angela. Sterling Heights was the Listen with Quiana. I need to mail you some DVDs. :F_05BL17blowkiss: But enjoy that CITH clack!

He dedicated RHW to his fans. Anyone who was feeling conflicted should have been there. He is so real and not a phoney. Said he hasn't slept since yesterday.

Yeah, what she said. :wub:

Yesterday was something else. I am dead on my feet tired but I can't sleep. Tossed & turned all night, reliving things. I just watched RHW, and this time I can see his face (last night I could see him, but not close enough to see his facial expressions). I sobbed through it again. I don't know if I will ever be able to watch it without crying.

I will try to write a recap of my day soon, or else I will forget it all. Claymatron is in the shower, and luckiestdaughter is still asleep. We are heading out to the brunch this morning to see all the FCAers.

Raleigh Gala 2008 October 18th recap, part one:

We headed over in the morning to do the advance ticket pick up. It was during the Volunteer Roundtable session, so there were lots of Clay fans milling around. I was a bit perturbed to find out that they had assigned us to a different table than most of our group, but after speaking to Aron briefly I decided to let it go. He had enough on his plate, and like he said, he did the best he could with all the requests. The most important thing was that my daughter and I were going to be in the room. That's all that mattered. So from there, we headed to the airport to pick her up. Back to the house to chill out for a few hours and watched some clack, until it was reasonably close to gala time, and we could justify getting our fancy clothes on. We arrived early, so we sat in the bar and chatted with fans until it was time for the peons to head on up. The most amazing thing happened to me during that time. A fan who I have known casually for the last 4 or 5 years talked about her coming out process, and said that if Clay can do it, so can she. What an amazing effect he has had on so many of us. He may never realize just how much.

Turns out the gala was not "up" but rather down a half flight of steps this year. We lined up to view the silent auction items on the way to entering the ballroom. Unfortunately, there was nothing within my price range to even bid on. They were selling $20 raffle tickets for a few items as well. We went in and got seated and introduced ourselves to our table mates, most of whom I recognized their board names but had never really met before. A friendly bunch of ladies. Dinner was salad and rolls followed by salmon & steak, same as last year, but with bok choy rather than asparagus for the veggie. Lots of "I'll take your fish, you take my red meat" ensued. LOL. I ate both. Lynda Loveland was the master of ceremonies and it is very evident to listen to her talk, just how much she likes and respects Clay. He was sitting at a table in the centre of the room, with Jamie on one side of him and Jaymes on the other, according to those who could see him. We were against the one side wall, and it was a BIG room, so all I could see was a sea of heads.

After dinner there were speeches and videos. Diane spoke, Clay spoke, and each of the award recipients spoke. I was very inspired by the gentleman with cerebral palsy, who spoke about inclusion in corporate society. We saw the trailer for the Including Samuel video, and another about CVS stores, which Clay called a "responsible corporation, unlike most".

After that it was auction time, and I was relieved and thrilled when Clay was announced as Joe the auctioneer's assistant. I remember thinking that nothing would top last year's auction, but it was quite the night. Watching him get more and more amazed (at least by the body language I could see) as the bids went higher and higher was a great, great feeling. He joked that the JBT leather jacket wouldn't fit him, but then he whipped his jacket off and turned his back to us, and struggled with the zipper, all whilst the bidding continued to go higher and higher. I was just elated, so happy for him. Finally he did it, got the zipper done up, turned around, and did one of those "YES!" moment thingies. It was so cute.

Unfortunately, we couldn't bid, but the Someone Else's Star shirt auction was v.v. tempting, especially when he took off out the door, came back with the shirt on, and offered to sing the song to the winner. OMG. My daugher had her bidding card in her hand, LOL. That was her favourite AI song. I took clack because I wanted to document it for her, but my camera sucks so it's grainy & blurry & far away. But it's mine. ;)

More later.......

Good Morning Everyone,

I love waking up to new clack in the morning; thanks to all for the videos and pictures!

5 Days until Clay is Roasting Matt Lauer!

:yahoo:

42 Days until Clay's Golden Birthday! :yahoo:

77 Days until The Closing Day of Spamalot!

:cry:

99 Days until Golfing For Inclusion!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Just wanted to apologize for being lax on the recaps later in the night; I started listening to the cellstream when the auction started and then got a phone call...so I wasn't able to type...everyone was so excited, there wasn't much red being posted anyway! Then when he started singing; well...I was too busy bopping and thudding in my chair.

EIDN is my favorite song on the CD and I was so thrilled to hear him sing it! This new recording device CV has...Oki...is amazing! It was like he sitting in my living room singing to me! That "Well Now" just about had me on the floor!

Right Here Waiting was sublime! Not only was it for us, but it was for all the fans who are still struggling, maybe have left or are thinking of leaving...this song needs to be seen and heard!

Making waffles for breakfast so I need to go check on them!

Kim

Was it Merriville MDYK that he did with Quiana and Ang? Might as well get the fantastic while I'm getting..

And which Listen was the Clay Quiana duet... thanks

BWAH, now we know who doesn't download any of our montage series. :P Merrillville was the MGUCL with Quiana & Angela. Sterling Height

You crack me up. It's even worse than that. I WAS THERE on the third row sitting right next to KAndre. I think my elbow almost killed her when I realized I would be getting a new version from how he did it for the rest of the tour which I didn't like. My brain or the rest of me just wasn't functioning yesterday or last night -- didn't even have the energy to try to turn on the cellcert.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I just watched EIDN and WIDTL...where is the mother freakin tour clay. I'd give him ALL money for a tour.LOL. Off to watch RHW.. Love LIVE Clay... it's my favorite Clay if you know what I mean.

AIkim --thanks for all you did last night. I appreciated it for sure and everyone else who brought over reports.

After being away from the boards for about 4 days (due to work and bad cold) I get on this morning not really that excited about the gala...went straight for the last page and those you tubes...

DAMN IT...he made me cry again!!!!

OMG I TOTALLY LOVE RHW!!!! I have to admit I was never too thrilled for that song....but this version had me bawling!!!! SO sweet and seem so personal!!!

haven't read any reports yet or read any posts (ack I think I have over 20 pages to catch up on)

I just wanted to say that EIDN and RHW were fantastic...the voice is a great as ever...I need mp3s!!!

OK....now I have to watch that again and again...then off to catch up!

Thanks, Couchie, for the reminder of how lucky we are to have so many who are so generous in sharing their joy and experience with those of us who couldn't be there, and that includes those who also couldn't be there but assisted in every way to include everyone. I love the word "inclusive".... Clay has given extra special meaning to it.

I actually emailed a friend to tell her how incredible it was that thousands of miles away at the other end of the world, we were able to share the occasion almost in "real time".

I actually emailed a friend to tell her how incredible it was that thousands of miles away at the other end of the world, we were able to share the occasion almost in "real time".

There really is something special about being able to "share" the moment.

I was eeing, squeeing, clapping, shouting, laughing and really having a good time all on my own with my computer! I don't think I could explain how much fun it is, to listen to those cellcerts and be on the boards, to my non-Clay loving friends. I'd be afraid they would cart me away.

Gosh looking at the pic of him in the AI shirt and the jacket is like stepping back in time!

Thanks, Couchie, for the reminder of how lucky we are to have so many who are so generous in sharing their joy and experience with those of us who couldn't be there, and that includes those who also couldn't be there but assisted in every way to include everyone. I love the word "inclusive".... Clay has given extra special meaning to it.

claytonic... DITTO!!!

Akim... I, too, really appreciated what you did even if you got sidetracked, which is totally understandable! :cryingwlaughter: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Merrieeee.... I was so fun to see him in those again, especially since his hair is close to what it was both times. The body is a bit fuller is all, but that just makes him more handsome. IMHO!!! :cryingwlaughter:

I have to be honest and say that I was having a really hard time yesterday with the Gala...jealousy was rearing its ugly head and I wasn't sure I was even going to listen to the cellcert; but you know, resistance is futile and once I heard that voice all was right with the world. Whether there in person or not, we were all together and that is the important thing. I know it has been said before, but I didn't realize how much I missed hearing him sing live until last night. I am so ready for a tour!

Kim

EIDN was smoking hott. Clay really is our guy. Some things never change and if you looked really, really close, you could almost see our AI boytoy. LOL!!!!! He's a wonderful man and I'm proud to be a part of this fandom.

I think he enjoyed his women sighing and moaning during EIDN. Heee!!!!

but you know, resistance is futile and once I heard that voice all was right with the world.

Isn't that the truth. And I think this would be a really good thread title.

I also hope that some of those who were questioning their fandom a few weeks ago were able to listen to that version of RHW, and hopefully find some peace, one way or the other. It's hard to explain really, but IMO...that song was a very clear message to me, that he's a patient man, but yet is one that hasn't really changed from who he was before the "announcement." He's still Clay, and I hope that RHW suggested to some people that.

Pictures from toni7babe:

Here are a few pretties from last night. It was very dark where I was sitting so I took mainly video instead of pics. I have loaded up a lot of video over night to CV to dancermom who will get it sent over soon I am sure. Thank you dancermom!! My connection last night was very slow in bar area.... so sorry I didn't get anyvideo up last night:(

Pics of the gorgeous man...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/ton...98_filtered.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/ton..._filtered-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/ton..._filtered-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/ton...71_filtered.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/ton...74_filtered.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/ton...75_filtered.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/ton...76_filtered.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/ton...81_filtered.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/ton...13_filtered.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/ton...12_filtered.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/ton...06_filtered.jpg

KAndre reads along a nods while licking her fingertips at the tasty clack...

Now, I'm one of those who in general don't listen to the cellcerts - the dichotomy between the actually being there and the cellcert is too great for me - and I was afraid I would have ended up destroying my computer one day due to pure frustration - but one of the things I really have complete and totally faith in is the ability of the Clay Nation to get clack.

I love Clay Aiken. I love listening to him. I love watching him. I love watching my fellow fans love him. But ya know what? I really love watching him love us back. So very much. Those that never got it - and those who don't get it any more - I can't worry about anymore. If there are those who know what they are missing and are working desperately to get it back - my heart goes out to you. Those last 45 seconds of Right Here Waiting?

Wherever you go

Whatever you do

I will be right here waiting for you

Whatever it takes

Or how my heart breaks

Wherever you go

Whatever you do

That was sweet - so very sweet. One of those things I could hold in my heart next to Long Island and Grand Forks. Hell, for a second, I couldn't tell if the sniffling on the video was from me or farouche!

Joe is totally hot. I mean, TOTALLY. The man (and his assistant) could probably sell me a frickin' hiking tour on one foot.

I love Clay Aiken. I love listening to him. I love watching him. I love watching my fellow fans love him. But ya know what? I really love watching him love us back. So very much. Those that never got it - and those who don't get it any more - I can't worry about anymore. If there are those who know what they are missing and are working desperately to get it back - my heart goes out to you. Those last 45 seconds of Right Here Waiting?

Wherever you go

Whatever you do

Whatever it takes

Or how my heart breaks

Wherever you go

Whatever you do

That was sweet - so very sweet. One of those things I could hold in my heart next to Long Island and Grand Forks. Hell, for a second, I couldn't tell if the sniffling on the video was from me or farouche!

aww and I love a schmoopie KAndre. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I agree with the sentiment about watching Clay Nation love Clay -- not just on the boards, but in the bidding and the sniffling. And I love Clay shared his family too. That little tidbit about Parker was very nice. And Jaymes... RHW was just PERFECT. I know I would never have had that song on my wish list but Jesus.. he just made it brand new. Made me want to take ATDW along for the drive today as well.

Can't wait for the rest of your recap, luckiest!

KAndre?? :blink: Is that you? I do believe your sentimental gene is showing... and I love it! *g*

I'm lurvin' those socks, too, claytonic! :cryingwlaughter:

IMG_8306_filtered.jpg

Off to concoct my plan for robbing banks in preparation for next year's gala. Someone's got to give Spooky a run for her money!! ;)

You're on, couchie! I can handle watching George Clooney while getting $$$ to go see Clay!

I'll set the Clack to download while I'm at church (where I'll have to ask God's forgiveness for lusting after being excessively fond of my pretend gay boyfriend).

:Kolobok_Laie_haha:

In the meantime, there are a couple of youtubes:

RHW

Have fun storming the castle at the FCA Brunch! :lilredani:

And here's the YouTube link to

:flirtysmile3:

I am now personally filled with envy at Karen Eh.

Heh. I was just thinking...I now have TWO versions of EIDN and RHW I like! So my Clay collection is growing by leaps and bounds!

One more thought as I sit here listening to RHW again...I love Ballad!Boy!Clay! And he can sing ballads until he's a hundred and twenty-three, and you won't hear a complaint from moi. About that, at leat.