#43: Even more beautiful now, inside and out!

ldyjocelyn

Vote for next Thread Title  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next thread title?

• God we have it so bad...yet it feels so good!
    • That man just doesn't have quit in him.
    • Lordy, this guy makes me smile so hard. I love him
    • What boyfriend wants he gets!
    • We think we'll keep him!
    • Resistance is futile and once I heard that voice all was right with the world.
    • He's back. We're back. We're home again.
    • Yes, Clay, we still think you are sex on a stick! Southern Fried Sex on a Stick!
    • God we have it so bad...yet it feels so good!

Just watched the YWSOB banter clack before he began singing (Toni's clack) and I do believe he was talking to our own Karen Eh; lucky girl...and he is too funny!

Kim

Just watched the YWSOB banter clack before he began singing (Toni's clack) and I do believe he was talking to our own Karen Eh; lucky girl...and he is too funny!

Kim

This was just the funniest thing...lucky Karen eh for that cute conversation. So was it scarlett that said she was from the Philippines? HEE

His comedic timing is perfect...love his comeback to the Houston answer and Montreal and the comment on gas prices. ...GAH he needs a variety/talk show!!!

I just added Scarlett's mp3s to my iPod so I'll have something to listen to on the treadmill this afternoon.

The auction clack is priceless. Watching him hug that bust of himself; watching him chide us about our terms for the Wango Tango shirt; "berating" us for being rude when we completed YWSOB; and so much more. God, I love him.

His comedic timing is perfect...love his comeback to the Houston answer and Montreal and the comment on gas prices. ...GAH he needs a variety/talk show!!!

I'm with you 110%, Ansa! I think know I've missed his bantering as much as I've missed his singing.

I love, love, love his little smirk during EID when he sang the "Well, well/Well, now" and the audience reaction. I think on the CV cellcert someone was saying something about asking him at the stage door which it is... :hysterical: He's not gonna tell, the little shit! He enjoys teasing us as much as we love to be teased.

*sigh*

I'm procrastinating again... back to homework... blech.

I have a question for anyone who was at the Gala. Were there any tables that seem to have been purchased by corporate or association supporters rather than fans?

It would be great for BAF if they were getting that type of support. That's where the really big grants and funding sources are. I'm just curious how much BAF has been able to move away from fan-only support. Fan support has been great, but IMHO there should be a mix of government, corporate, foundation monies also to give BAF real longevity and a presence in the not-for-profit world.

Ok, here is part 2. :)

There was one point where Clay started motioning to someone in our general area to join him up on stage....we knew it wasn't us, but it's pretty cool when he appears to look at you and beckon you with his fingers. ;)

The rest went by in a blur. I remember the power going out for a minute, and the place went black. Hee, poor Clay, imagine being in a room with 500 Claymates and suddenly you can't see. I know I'd be scared! Before he sang, he had to kill time while they got the electronics back up and running, so he recited lines from YWSOB in a British accent, and then motioned for us to fill in the word "Jew". Hee, then told us how rude we were. Little shit.

We stood at the wall during the entire performance because it was much better than trying to weave a sightline through the heads in front of us. And it was nice not to have anyone behind us to tell us to sit down. See, there are benefits to being as far as possible away from the stage. I only wish I'd brought binoculars but I didn't think that'd look right at a gala. I was thrilled that he started out with stuff from ATDW because I am still having a love affair with that album after 2 years. WIDTL is my one of my daughter's favourites off of OMWH so that was pretty special. Then he knocked me for a loop when he launched into EIDN. I loved, loved, loved the crowd reaction when he sang "well now" (and don't even try to convince me it's "well well" cuz I can't heeeeeeaaaaaaarrrrrr you). I couldn't see his face but could just see him getting more and more comfortable and into the song as it went along and he soaked up the love. The clack confirms that he got a sparkle in his eye and smirk in his smile. :wub: I was rocking out and jumping up and down and cheering and clapping. OMWH was tough to follow with because it's so soft to sing, but the words really were special, and the part where he motioned for us to sing "faith has conquered fear" was amazing. After that, I really expected him to sing BYLM, because I had read the spoilers. But when I heard the first few piano notes I knew instantly what it was going to be. I hardly dared to believe it. My daughter says I was sobbing throughout the song. I just remember being in shock and tears running down my face. He was singing the words to me that I always think of myself singing to him when I listen to it. It was mind blowing. And in the context that he introduced it, as his thank you to the fans, it was one of those rare moments that I wouldn't have missed for the world. When he dropped the mic at the end you could hear the room sniffing and sobbing, and then a bit of self conscious laughter. What a way to finish the evening.

We all wandered around in shock, hugging and crying and declaring our love for him and each other. What a schmoopie mess we all were. Someone said "we are so lucky" and boy, is she ever right. We backed the right guy.

My friend said to me "if anyone who is still undecided about their fandom can watch that clack and still walk away.....well, just fuck 'em." Heh. I know that clack can't always convey the emotion of a performance, but seriously.....how can your heart not open for him after that.

Eventually we made our way out the front door and grabbed a taxi home. We came through the door, logged on, and hoped for clack. We managed to listen to an mp3 of RHW before going to bed. This morning I was up grabbing what I could find before we headed out for the FCA brunch. Lots of people there, a great turnout. Thanks to FromClaygary for organizing!

Hi, Honies!

I'm Ho-o-o-ome!!!!

And what a fabulous weekend it was!

Lots of meets and re-meets and fun times with one HAWT Mr. Aiken!

More later, but I just wanted to say it was great to see so many "old" and "new" friends and witness the great success of TBAF and the Gala!

I apologize for missing the breakfast this morning. My two local gals who I spent the night with last night *g*, wanted to hit the road and go to McDonald's (whatever!) for breakfast instead of paying $9 for oatmeal at the Marriott! :cryingwlaughter:

So I missed seeing you all! I haven't seen much of the local gals in a couple of months and wanted to catch up with them, too. (Local is kind of stretching it as we are much more spread out than we used to be!)

I picked up my Powerbook G4 from Crabtree Apple Store on my way out of town and and just now checking it out. I have a feeling I'm gonna be a downloading FOOL!!!

Oh - I have a girl crush on Linda Loveland!

How can anyone watch or listen to any of the clack from last night and see that good-hearted, funny, intelligent, snarky, adorable, talented man who can rock the house one minute and bring everyone to tears with the tenderness of his voice the next, a man who radiates joy and kindness and love - how can anyone see or hear that and still give a flying fig that he's gay??

That is all.

That's the million $$ question, CG. It's beyond me.

Yes, I'm still procrastinating... :grrrr:...

How can anyone watch or listen to any of the clack from last night and see that good-hearted, funny, intelligent, snarky, adorable, talented man who can rock the house one minute and bring everyone to tears with the tenderness of his voice the next, a man who radiates joy and kindness and love - how can anyone see or hear that and still give a flying fig that he's gay??

That is all.

:PickMe-1:

Because.

People are stupid.

Screw 'em. We got Clay!

One more thought as I sit here listening to RHW again...I love Ballad!Boy!Clay! And he can sing ballads until he's a hundred and twenty-three, and you won't hear a complaint from moi. About that, at leat.

:preachit:

That is all.

:PickMe-1:

Because.

People are stupid.

Screw 'em. We got Clay!

:preachit:

Hey, it's Sunday, ain't it?? :lmaosmiley-1:

I keep watching bits of Clack. Clay's not only funny, but I noticed he's verra, verra CUTE!!!

Gala08_14.jpg

Gala08_12.jpg

Gala08_20.jpg

Gala08_22.jpg

If the market hadn't already done a number on my retirement accounts, and I'd been there last night, those depleted funds would have been in serious peril of being cashed in.

Well I almost had a heart attack! I finished setting up my new computer and I could not log into FCA! Talk about panic! I got logged out for 15 minutes and then it finally worked....phew!!!

Now my problem is I have no Clack. I have had some serious problems with my old machine and I don't want to get into any trouble with this new one. Oh well I 'll just have to start from scratch and re-watch a lot of stuff! Yep I'll have to force myself to do it.

Oh and yes that Clay Aiken is one cute guy.

That is all.

"Vincent" just flicked on on my iPod and now I can't help but relate some of the lyrics to Clay's situation with the loony people.

Like, "For they could not love you / but still your love was true" and

"How you tried to set them free.

They would not listen

They're not list'ning still

perhaps they never will"

Who cares if they won't? Clay's still *points at all that stuff CG said*.

ETA: merieeee you poor dear! Imagine the torment that you just have to watch some Clack! The horrors! :lol:

jmh123!

I can't believe we didn't meet till on the way out the door!

I really hate I missed breakfast with all of you! I am looking over CV and here and realizing that though I did get to meet and reconnect with LOTS of people, I also missed meeting some folks I really wanted to!!

:cry4:

But - I am so glad I was there!

I missed Wilkes-Barre, but I was there for "Faith as conquered Fear"!

He really knows when to call on his All Female Chorus, doesn't her?!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I keep watching bits of Clack. Clay's not only funny, but I noticed he's verra, verra CUTE!!!

Gala08_14.jpg

Gala08_12.jpg

Gala08_20.jpg

Gala08_22.jpg

God, I love goofy boys. <g> Goofy, HOT boys who make funny faces. That last picture, though, could have been taken five years ago. I feel like I'm having flashbacks. <g> Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I’ve only watched the auction of the JBT jacket so far and, damn, he’s a character. I love that.

I love that second picture. He looks like he's putting clay Clay in a headlock! :em0100:

What a night it was. Don't you just love someone who in one night is funny, charming, serious, determined, great at geography and can heal a thousand hearts with just one song?

I think Clay set just the right mood and message with RHW. It was a beautiful, beautiful song and I think we should share it in the same spirit that it was sung -- that he is RHW, patiently with love. We can take this song clip and beat people over the head with it but it would be in contrast to the tender welcoming way that he sang the song.

So nice to meet everyone at the breakfast buffet (even though we came in late!) *waves enthusiastically* :F_05BL17blowkiss:

jmh123!

I can't believe we didn't meet till on the way out the door!

I really hate I missed breakfast with all of you! I am looking over CV and here and realizing that though I did get to meet and reconnect with LOTS of people, I also missed meeting some folks I really wanted to!!

:cry4:

But - I am so glad I was there!

I missed Wilkes-Barre, but I was there for "Faith as conquered Fear"!

He really knows when to call on his All Female Chorus, doesn't her?!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Cotton!!!! I'm so glad we met--I was on the way out and stopped to chat with some folks, and she looked so familiar, but I couldn't place her. I'm so glad she asked me who I was. I wish you could've made it to breakfast, Cotton, but I'm so glad that we did get to chat for a few minutes.

It was fantastic seeing luckiest and Crimson Ice, FromClaygary, Cindilu and Karen, Donnamom, Scarlett, FearofH2O, Karma4Clay, and sassafras and meeting Claymatron, smartcookie and georgiesmybaby. I met some other folks whose board names I didn't get or forgot, so apologies to you, but I was tickled to meet you also and I remember persons if not names, so next time I'll work on that. There were a bunch more people in the room, and I'm kicking myself now for not being more outgoing. I really wish I'd gone around and introduced myself to more folks. Anyway, it was lots of fun, and almost made up for not being able to go to the gala.

God, I love goofy boys. <g> Goofy, HOT boys who make funny faces. That last picture, though, could have been taken five years ago. I feel like I'm having flashbacks. <g> Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I’ve only watched the auction of the JBT jacket so far and, damn, he’s a character. I love that.

I love him. What a treasure trove of clack!!!

Don't you just love someone who in one night is funny, charming, serious, determined, great at geography and can heal a thousand hearts with just one song?

I know it's long, but it just screams thread title! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I'm loving all the tidbits & recaps. They're keeping me going while I slowly get through my projects.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEE for fantastic clack! I've been enjoying ALL of it. It's been a long time since I've had so much great clack to download, all at once!!

I'm so glad so many FCAers were able to attend last night. What a special night! What a fantastic man!

I just got back from the gym, where I was watching/listening to clack while on the elliptical. I have a montage of silly Clay moments at late night shows, and had that ICG plastered all over my face. At one point my husband came over to me, and said, "You've been grinning and smirking for the last 10 minutes. What's so funny?"

:cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter:

I needed that ICG, because of problems we're having with our younger daughter. We went to the gym in a heavy mood, but I left feeling light and happy, thanks to Clay! :)

I want to know where Clay's buying gas for $5.00/gallon. (Waves to karen eh? ) Is it that high in NYC? If so, Clay should spend some more time here in the Midwest, because I just paid $2.62/gallon yesterday and I think it's dropped since then. At these fuel prices, Clay can't afford not to tour, right? :whistling-1: