#43: Even more beautiful now, inside and out!

ldyjocelyn

Vote for next Thread Title  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next thread title?

• God we have it so bad...yet it feels so good!
    • That man just doesn't have quit in him.
    • Lordy, this guy makes me smile so hard. I love him
    • What boyfriend wants he gets!
    • We think we'll keep him!
    • Resistance is futile and once I heard that voice all was right with the world.
    • He's back. We're back. We're home again.
    • Yes, Clay, we still think you are sex on a stick! Southern Fried Sex on a Stick!
    • God we have it so bad...yet it feels so good!

I got gas this weekend for $2.49. It was nice to be able to fill up for under $40 again!

Whew! One final down, one to add some finishing touches to... I'm hoping to be done *soon*... :unsure:

*smooches back to Scarlett* I missed you guys, too. :( Next year definitely! :)

I just read Karma's recap over at CH, too, muski. Yeah, *sniff* is right.

Great pics, claylove - thanks! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Aw thanks guys, I was coming over here, really I was. I have to catch up now but just wanted quickly to say that I lurved spending time with FCAers and if no one minds (or even if ya do haha!) I think I'm gonna be over here a bit more. :P

*waves and goes back to read recaps*

Aw thanks guys, I was coming over here, really I was. I have to catch up now but just wanted quickly wanted to say that I lurved spending time with FCAers and if no one minds (or even if ya do haha!) I think I'm gonna be over here a bit more. :P

Karma! It was good to see you again!

Home after a long weekend of Ski Patrol classes. Finally caught up on everything. All i can say he is one gorgeous man. He looked and sounded just wonderful. After watching the clack I for one can not wait for a tour. I just want to be in the same room with him.

To bed have to work tomorrow. Catch up later.

Aw thanks guys, I was coming over here, really I was. I have to catch up now but just wanted quickly to say that I lurved spending time with FCAers and if no one minds (or even if ya do haha!) I think I'm gonna be over here a bit more. :P

Karma... your recap was verra verra GREAT!!! Thanks! And, you are most welcome to post over here as often as you can get your little fingers to type! :cryingwlaughter:

There was someone who posted her first post during the Gala last night and I was going so fast to keep up that I missed quoting her to remember who she was and welcome her...

Newbie last night... :welcome10::cryingwlaughter:

Hi Everyone,

The gala was awesome and I am sure you have had some great recaps here, but I am too exhausted to form a coherant thought! Between volunteer roundtable events and the gala it has been nonstop since Friday with maybe 4-5 hours of sleep each night. But it was so all worth it because Clay was awesome!

I wanted to share some of my photos. Will have a few more done in the next day or so but here is what I have so far. The lighting was really bad for photos and video which is why some is so grainy. I don't think these are too bad, and the subject is fabulous! I hope you enjoy them.

IMG_2817_filtered.jpg

I love this picture. I love all your pictures, but they're on this page twice already so I'm holding myself back. But I :wub: this one.

HAHA. It's the next page. Wheeee!!

IMG_2824_filtered.jpg

IMG_2904_filtered.jpg

IMG_2971_filtered.jpg

IMG_2793_filtered.jpg

IMG_2817_filtered.jpg

IMG_2718_filtered.jpg

IMG_2671_filtered.jpg

The icing came for me when I realized that I'd left my jacket on my chair some good time later (nearly an hour or more I think—but it's a bit fuzzy) and went back to retrieve it. I ran into Faye coming out from somewhere, carrying some things and just started talking to her about the evening and how special it was. She then said to me:

"Y'all make him feel so special."

I thought maybe I was done crying......until I read this. :cry4: God, I love him. :wub:

The icing came for me when I realized that I'd left my jacket on my chair some good time later (nearly an hour or more I think—but it's a bit fuzzy) and went back to retrieve it. I ran into Faye coming out from somewhere, carrying some things and just started talking to her about the evening and how special it was. She then said to me:

"Y'all make him feel so special."

I thought maybe I was done crying......until I read this. :cry4:God, I love him. :wub:

Me too. Five years Clay Aiken has been wildly famous and adored. And he doesn't feel entitled to it by now. He feels special. Oh, Clay... you make me :Thud:

First quarter back in school - DONE! :ura:

Now :offtobed: so I can get up in a few hours and spend the day (actually everyday this week) in a systems configuration training class! :2:

I posted my thank you to the clackgatherers on my other boards and want to say it here too.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

What would I do without you people!?

Between the awesome pictures, and "Everything I Don't Need" and "Right Here Waiting" I am just a mess. sniff.gif wub.gif

I know Clay was singing to the fans at the gala but I am telling myself that Clay was singing "Right Here Waiting" to us left here at home also. I hope the few fans who left are getting a chance to see this video and they will know he is singing to them.

I think we are stuck like glue to this guy - forever - and wherever he goes we will be here waiting for him also. :wub:

How touching is that man singing that song.

Thank God you people were there for him.

I have been glued to my computer downloading and watching.

OMG! The first screams on "Everything I Don't Need" and the huge reaction SMILE from Clay! Just kills me. He just LIT RIGHT UP!

I LOVE YOU GUYS who were there and just automatically screamed on the sexy "well-ell"

He just LIT right up. thank you!!

Then the way he sings "Right Here Waiting", it literally burns into my chest. wub.gif

Also - just wanted to mention - the guitar player behind Clay - he got such a kick out of the fans reactions. It certainly got his attention!

This must have been the first time these guys have played with Clay in front of a live audience? ? I bet they are trying to imagine what it will be like touring with him. People screaming at his every move and every sexy sound! I can't wait.

I am getting a real kick out of watching this guy watch Clay.

I am thinking there aren't many performers who would get that kind of reaction at a charity fundraising Gala. :cryingwlaughter:

I love Clay and I certainly love you guys for being there for him and for us.

I'm thinking my next couple weeks will be filled with watching that brilliant smile light up his beautiful face. It is a heartstopper.

I have just caught up , due to computer problems and RL demands. It's a good thing I was by myself since the huge grin and excitement I felt while reading the gala recaps would have me being carted to the loony bin! EEEEE!

My downloads are still painfully slow so I haven't seen any clack or pictures but that will be a treat waiting for me in the next few days. Wonder if he has anything planned for when his Spam run ends? Talk show? Performances? Fingers crossed!

Congrats on your new house Annabear. I have been trying to view the photos but may not succeed for a few days!

Thank you to the Clack Queens! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Welcome newbies!

I know Clay was singing to the fans at the gala but I am telling myself that Clay was singing "Right Here Waiting" to us left here at home also. I hope the few fans who left are getting a chance to see this video and they will know he is singing to them.

Oh, I have no doubt that Clay was singing to far more than just the people in the audience at the gala. He allowed the clack to run free that night for a reason.

I have some pictures from the brunch that I would like to post in the members only area, but I'd like to be sure that everyone is comfortable with that. So could those of you who were there please weigh in on the subject? TIA.

Good Morning Everyone,

Thanks to everyone for all the recaps, pictures and videos; still have lots of clack to download; but I am enjoying everything immensely...it was indeed a very special night.

Welcome to all the newbies!

4 Days until Clay is Roasting Matt Lauer!

:yahoo:

41 Days until Clay's Golden Birthday!

76 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot!

:cry:

98 Days until Golfing For Inclusion!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

This must have been the first time these guys have played with Clay in front of a live audience? ?

I didn't talk to the guitarist, but post-1474-1224509612_thumb.jpg

this is Rich Mercurio, the drummer. (I capped it from shineinnc's video!) He spent quite a while talking with some of us in the lobby at the end of the evening. I think he was fascinated with the fans. He was very sweet and friendly. I told him that now that he had appeared onstage with Clay that his myspace and facebook hits would go up. Y'all don't make a liar out of me, mmmKay?

I have to say, there's not much at his myspace. Unless I missed something.

He said he played with Iglasias a couple of nights ago. And he was supposed to be playing for Joan Jett the night after the gala!

So - I'm hoping all the sleuths will do their thing and find out more than I could in a brief look. And, if I have time, I'm gonna comment on his myspace or facebook. I just haven't had time, yet.

What a great weekend!

I have a lot to catch up on!

Well I knew this would happen (don't worry, its a good thing)!

I reluctantly dragged my butt to work this AM and of course my OMWH CD was in the player in my car. So I listed to ETIDN first and let me just say the CD version is just not as moving after hearing that live version at the gala. I adore authentic, emotional Clay!!! So even though I am still dead tired, I am going to have to burn a new CD tonight because those versions sang at the gala are the ones I want to listen to every.single.day.

I love him :wub:

Okay, this CMSU! BIG time! :cryingwlaughter: :lmaosmiley-1:

From New York Magazine:

Quote:

‘Spamalot’ Canned

It was announced over the weekend that January 18 will see the last-ever Broadway performance of Monty Python's Spamalot , responsible for three Tony awards and $175 million in profits over the course of its three-and-a-half-year lifespan. A decline in ticket sales was cited as the reason for the closing, probably because Claymates have lost so much money in the stock market.

:blink:

:lol: :Kolobok_Laie_haha:

So from whooping hilarity to schmoopie sentiment in the blink of a misty eye:

Micky7129 on CDB wrote:

For me, it felt like we had gone back to our roots. Clay even looked so much like he did back in 2003/2004 when he first mezmerized us and cast us underneath his spell. I saw so many of those early gestures and nuances and passion. It reminded me of why I first fell in love with him. (Yep, I said, "in love"...deal with it!). It was so eerie but so right. Whatever the degree of wondering each of us may have gone through about "is Clay still Clay", I say the answer is a blessedly, resounding YES! Even for those who didn't have that doubt or concern, what a treasure it was to be reminded and be able to relive that magic again. Last night was like the perfect mixture of Clay of the past AND present...old look, new songs. Totally cool, freaky and somehow right.

Personally, I've given up the battle of trying to find the words which accurately describe the emotions Clay, both the man and the voice, evokes from the very depths of your soul. In total seriousness, I don't think the words exist in the dictionary. Maybe because he makes me feel so much. Maybe because when your heart is that full to overflowing, no words could ever be adequate enough. The closest I can come, broken down into the simplest terms, is: He's back. We're back. We're home again.

How lucky are we?

Damn lucky. And I really do think about just how lucky every single day.

Ha! No luck about it. It's damn smart...we picked a winner! Oh yes we did!

On the OFC, Clays Helping Hand thread there are some pics of the silent auction items and there is one post from someone who was struggling and is no more! RHW did its job.

Get your scroll bar ready - this is my Not-a-Recap!! It's a tome and I apologize in advance!

Champions for Change Gaga Gala, Raleigh 10/18/08

When word came down about this year’s gala, I was disheartened. With individual tickets more than twice the “cheap seats” of last year, I didn’t feel I could justify the expense. I had been privileged to see SPAMalot in March and it just seemed more than I should spend.

But when I remembered last year, and the shenanigans of Mr. Aiken, I decided I would really regret it after the fact if I didn’t go. I was right.

I am so glad I decided to go. I find that, not only am I endlessly entertained by the man, Clay Aiken, I always learn something. Like Clay said of the honorees, I have learned more from the honorees and the videos and presentations than I learned in any of my years in education. I didn’t learn much in my college classes, for sure, as learning about special needs has increased in recent years, unless you were a special ed major. I learned little in all my recertification classes and workshops, sadly.

Hearing the real life stories of Rich and Samuel and the work of CVS adds a little understanding, as have the stories of some of our fans and their own family struggles.

So I’m glad I was there.

It was also nice to see so many fans gathered in one spot in one time. SPAMalot gave me the chance to reconnect with a few. But our SPAM attendance has been so spread out over time, it’s hit and miss. Even at concerts, you see more folks gathered, even with geographic separation!

But Saturday night, we were gathered from all over and it was so much fun to smile and laugh and EEEE!!!! and reminisce together.

So I’m glad I was there.

And this time was so special because of the chance to see Clay Aiken, as many have said, as Clay Aiken, not Sir Robin. (Though I LOVE Sir Robin!)

This young man impresses me so much. True to himself. So accepting of others. So talented. So welcoming and inclusive of his audience, as well.

There is always a special “conversation” between performer and audience. But somehow, Clay does more listening and has much less of a one-sided conversation than many. And I love being part of the conversation! When he held the microphone out to us to sing, “Faith has Conquered Fear”, it felt almost like a Wilkes-Barre MOAM moment. One of those moments that you will always remember. That you know is a special event in the Clay lexicon.

So I’m glad I was there.

This setting also lets us see just a little of his family. I don’t mean relatives. I mean Clay Family. I mean Lynda Loveland, Aron, Kristy Dr. Brame, etc, as well as Jaymes, Faye, Jamie, Jerry. It gives me a warm feeling to see him surrounded by folks who have been with him from before we ever “knew” him. And Jerome, of course. I was actually surprised that Clay was still in the room after the power outage. I felt sure that before we could even see it, that Jerome had his hands on Clay ready for anything. By his side. Protecting him from possibilities I’m sure we have no clue of.

So I’m glad I was there.

And then there’s I’m Selling Myself for the Chirren Clay!

Anyone who claimed Clay Aiken would no longer be the flirt he has always been was proven dead wrong! Though there was no ring-tonguing; Flirty, Sexy, Seductive, Silly, One-Minute-I’m-HOT-Next-Minute-Y’all-Are-Crazy-Clay was out in full force! Undressing and redressing for us! Dancing the Sir Bear’s Legs in the Bottle Dance Choreography! Singing a cappella AI Clay! Being so proud he could still zip the JBT Jacket Clay! He is the same man he has always been. As I expected him to be.

So I’m glad I was there.

Back to the “conversation”.

Yes, there was the performance “conversation”.

But Saturday night was to me part of a larger conversation. I know fans have been at SPAMalot and the stage door since the People cover and the GMA interview. But there could be no mistaking Saturday night - people were there to see and support Clay and his mission of inclusion. There was no doubt that they may be Python fans. Or just people seeing a Broadway Show. This was Clay’s night. And I think it was maybe even more important to him (at least just as!) than to us to have that conversation.

I never cry anymore. And I must have teared up at least five times Saturday night. The videos. But the videos all came about because this young man stood on a stage in 2003 and claimed he wanted to make a difference. And he has. The speeches, whether Lynda Loveland or Diane Bubel or the honorees. But they were all there because Clay Aiken didn’t just make empty promises with that claim. He lived inclusion. He took a “project” and found a way to make it a reality. A program. A living, breathing mission.

But even more than all of that, there was the reality that he is still the same person. And that most of the fans see that he is still the same person. That his message of inclusion includes him! And I felt him feel that acceptance and love and he blew that message right back at us - like blowing kisses. The breathing in and out of love’s energy. We left him no doubt that he has not lost by opening up. By being true to himself.

So I’m glad I was there.

And then, there was Daddy Clay. He shared how much more his path of inclusion means to him now than ever before because he and Jaymes want Parker to grow up in an accepting world.

And then the little tidbit he shared when he told us, “Speaking of Family - Emma is baby sitting for Parker”. I knew he would never be “mum” about Parker. But he showed us he can respect his “little man’s” privacy, yet still include us a little in his world in tiny ways. He is already, such a proud Daddy.

So I’m glad I was there.

This is so not-a-recap. And it’s longer than it should be. And yet it still doesn’t cover those three days in Raleigh. I understand if you’ve scrolled and I thank you if you managed to get through it. Succinct, I’m not.

But I’m so glad I was there.

And I plan on being around for as long as Clay Aiken is willing!

I’ll be Right Here Waiting for what’s next on this ride!

I think you said it all, Cotton....and might I add, very well. :thbighug-1:

I am more than determined to get to one of these Galas.......got my piggy banks all in a row and have begun checking under the cushions on the couch....well, I got a year , right. :lipstick:

:013085001176249046: ...hmmmmmmm

Perfect, Cotton! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I especially loved this:

But even more than all of that, there was the reality that he is still the same person. And that most of the fans see that he is still the same person. That his message of inclusion includes him! And I felt him feel that acceptance and love and he blew that message right back at us - like blowing kisses. The breathing in and out of love’s energy. We left him no doubt that he has not lost by opening up. By being true to himself.

That bolded part. It's what I think some fans 'forgot' when the news hit them. Clay gets to be included, regardless, just like all the other people he lives his life to make sure are included. He asks for nothing special for himself---nothing that he doesn't already dream for every single human being.

I love him.