#43: Even more beautiful now, inside and out!

ldyjocelyn

Vote for next Thread Title  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next thread title?

• God we have it so bad...yet it feels so good!
    • That man just doesn't have quit in him.
    • Lordy, this guy makes me smile so hard. I love him
    • What boyfriend wants he gets!
    • We think we'll keep him!
    • Resistance is futile and once I heard that voice all was right with the world.
    • He's back. We're back. We're home again.
    • Yes, Clay, we still think you are sex on a stick! Southern Fried Sex on a Stick!
    • God we have it so bad...yet it feels so good!

Argh, I hate when that happens, I should know better than to edit on this board where post-whoring is encouraged! :cryingwlaughter:

Yay, cindilu2 finally posted! Hee, you can claim the mic drop, luckiestdaughter is claiming the ARLG shout out during WIDTL, and I'll claim the entire performance of RHW, m'kay?

BTW I posted some pics in the members only forum.

my question re RCI status in Canada

I'd be interested in hearing anything in regards to BAF and Canada. What is RCI?

RL sucks. I much prefer my Aiken fog, so I think I'll stay here just a little bit longer. :wub:

ETA: Yay, cindilu2 finally posted! Hee, you can claim the mic drop, luckiestdaughter is claiming the ARLG shout out during WIDTL, and I'll claim the entire performance of RHW, m'kay?

RCI = Registered Charitable Institution; the legalities which make a charity in Canada non-taxable, and able to issue tax receipts to donors.

Some years back, I dealt with Fran (at the time) and Kristy to discuss initiating that process. Kristy told me that it had been started; it's not something that happens in two weeks, it takes years sometimes to finalize. So the fact that we had heard nothing was not a concern to me. I did kind of have a feeling, though, that it had been shelved as other priorities took precedence, and that is in fact the case.

I spoke to Jerry at some length about it on Saturday and he is not committed, but is interested in possibly reviving it once again if it looks feasible. I have some contacts that can both help him to work through the details, and have a vested interest in doing so (as they would love a grant) so I think there's a good synergy there~and as well, I just think they would be interested in talking with one another.

I've promised Jerry that I will put him in touch with my contact, and he's promised me he'll look into the feasibility.

Good to know someone else here is interested!

Postwhore? What's that? :imgtongue:

I think the sideburns were indeed hiding under there during the gala - his hair was brushed forward/down over them so they were camouflaged. I lurrrrves the baby-burns. *le sigh*

I agree about the sideburns. I luuuuuurves the sideburns. :wub: I also loved those stagedoor pictures. Here I am, trying to get myself back into the swing of things, completely forgetting that Clay has to do the same thing! 7 and a half more weeks until I get to go to Spamalot. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

FromClaygary, thanks for the explanation. I am v.v. interested in the BAF becoming an RCI. I hope they decide to pursue it.

I am not good with immediate recaps either. Actually have not shared this but I was somewhat sick all thru the gala from a relapse from a cold/flu bug I had a couple weeks ago. I started feeling really bad Sunday afternoon and by Monday morning I could not function at all. I went to the doctor and I have a nasty sinus infection. I am generally prone to them so much so that I just bypass the regular doctor and go to straight the ENT when I feel I have gone into one. Thankfully she gave me Augmentin, which anyone who gets sinus infections knows is the wonder drug. I stayed home yesterday and today is my first day back to work. I still feel like crap though, no energy and some symptoms I will spare you but it is better than 2 days ago so I know the meds are working its just gonna take some time. Meanwhile, I really wish I could just be sleeping right now I am so tired.

My point being I have lots to say about the round table and the gala too, but I don't have the energy to write it all up at the moment. So if you don't mind waiting perhaps into the weekend I would love to share my perspective once I am feeling better and thinking more clearly. I didn't take notes its all up in my head right now, which is a little foggy at the moment. LOL

BTW, I love the perspective of RHW being the reverse as if we are singing it to him, etc. as the Thank You. I think that makes perfect sense. I never really felt it was being sang to the fans who have left or are struggling. I think he has already reached out to them and is now past that and onto embracing those that love and accept him as he is. That is the place he needs to be in. I think Clay, Jaymes and Parker make the most beautiful family and I am so glad he has found that. I see Clay and Jaymes as closer and more intimate than many couples out there, just in a slightly different way. I think its beautiful.

On a more shallow note -- I love the sideburns!!!! hee

Aww, claylove, I'm sorry you're sick. As one also prone to recurring sinus infections, I definitely feel for you. :hug: Whenever you're feeling better (hopefully *soon*) and can find time to post is fine by me.

Thanks for the additional info, FromClaygary! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I'm another that's not good with recaps. In fact, I'm thinking I never did recap my April or May Spam trips. Or Merrillville. 2006 or 2007. Or Asheville. Hee... :cryingwlaughter:

I'm easy when it comes to the sideburns, take 'em or leave 'em. Either way, he's damn CUTE.

I'm easy when it comes to the sideburns, take 'em or leave 'em. Either way, he's damn CUTE.

Yup, that would be me too although I prefer shorter sideburns to really long ones. Baby burns, hee...cindilu2, I like that one! However, combine them with a beard and it's a whole 'nother ball of wax. I luuurves me the Clay beard! :hubbahubba:

I'm also still savouring my memories of the Gala and the whole trip to NC, in fact. I wish I were the type to post my feelings right off the bat, but I need to sift through everything and decide what I want to share and what I want to taste in little sips. I so admire those who can get it out there quickly, but I'm always afraid that my perspective will be totally different from someone else's and when it comes to Clay, I just don't want to be influenced or swayed. Just me, and probably a little selfish on my part.

I just love the guy and I know that I always will, in fact, now more than ever.

, I just don't want to be influenced or swayed.

Nice to meetcha in Raleigh!

The above is why I tried to skip over recaps until after I wrote mine. I wanted to get my thoughts, reactions, feelings meshed in my own mind and into words before others' thoughts blurred my memory!

Good morning, All!

I gotta get off this 'puter and get to the grocery! I meant to go yesterday, but I'm such a procrastinator!

I can now get back to my usual post-ho ways as our training classes from hell have been canceled. I know y'all are excited, but please hold your applause. :P This is good and bad. Good because it was a waste of time & money. Bad because I fear we will now be on self-study mode for implementation of a multi-million dollar project... :ninja:

In introducing the song,
Clay
said:
It was actually Jaymes' suggestion. You were going to get four and Jaymes added a fifth one, so thank her. <snip> We're going to add one more because Jaymes had a great suggestion that this song would be a nice little.. a nice little thank you to you for all your support both in the last five years, the last five weeks, the last five days, the last five minutes. So she said we, you know we're in a tiny little room so we'll do something a little more intimate.
I only have one other thought about the evening, and that is how very much he and Jaymes mean to each other. To hear him speak about her, their son, their family - if we didn't 'know' the situation, there is nothing to indicate that they are anything but a couple who love each other. Watching his face as he spoke of them, and looked at her - it just made my heart swell.

<snip>

I see we are of one mind about his relationship with Jaymes (not that I ever doubted); to me, there is absolutely nothing "unusual" about this family, other than perhaps in this day and age, the depth of their love for one another. Clay makes it abundantly clear that he loves and admires Jaymes. Jaymes looks at him and there is no doubt whatsoever in my mind that she loves him as well. They're thrilled to be able to share their child with one another and the world~isn't that the way it's SUPPOSED to work? The only unusual thing I see is that, sadly, for so many others it's NOT that way. It made me so happy to see, and relieved my (few) fears for him beyond measure.

ITA - in fact - before Clay came out, I NEVER shipped him with anyone .... but privately I felt there was something between him and Jaymes. It's amazing but just in a few photographs and mainly from a couple of YouTube vids, I detected a special relationship, and as I've said before, I actually suspected at one time that there was no evidence of Clay's relationship with ANYONE because of his relationship with Jaymes. So I am not at all surprised that gay or not, they love each other dearly and deeply (TM Jaymes). Remember when Clay said at one time "a friendship is better than a dating relationship" (or words to that effect, and how true it has been for him with Jaymes).

And now, one thing we can all be sure about is that little Parker will NEVER have to suffer the pain of seeing his parents divorce and/or hate each other and/or become totally alienated. I watched something this week on TV about the whole ugly mess regarding Alec Baldwin and his daughter and I thought of Parker and sighed with relief.

Regarding the most important topic of today...

I think the sideburns have been there since last weekend, and maybe even before then. Comparing those pictures from last night with the pictures over the weekend (such as the one from the CH banner at the moment), it looks as if the length of the sideburns hits the same place on his ears. It's just the difference in the hairstyles (or in the case of last night, non-hairstyle). I personally prefer it with the sideburns not showing as much. JMO, of course.

:F_05BL17blowkiss: to annabear, just 'cause.

Not to belabor a point...but for him to sing RHW to those of who are still here made no sense to me...why would he be waiting for us when we are still fans? That is why for me, it makes sense that the song was for those who are still struggling or may have walked away. I tend to be rather logical in my thinking...not so much in the abstract.

I got an interesting perspective on this that hadn't occurred to me...from my DH. I just had him watch RHW tonight and without saying anything other than it was the last song of the evening and got an emotional response, I asked him to watch and then tell me what he thought.

First thing he said was, that the performance was so real, so authentic. That you could tell it was motivated by something real for Clay, it was not about entertainment. (My DH is a sensitive dude.) Then when I started to suggest my guess at a reason Jaymes chose it, DH interrupted (rather enthusiastically) offering his perspective. He said that he thought that Clay was "flipping it" --that he was singing it not as the subject but the object, or in other words, that he was sorta singing it for us...from us --as though we were singing it to him. Sorta illustrating that he knows that's how those of us standing by him feel. That we're always right here, waiting for him. Truth be told, initially I didn't quite get this perspective, but the more I let it percolate, the more I kinda see it. I found it an interesting take from a male perspective in any case. (FTR, my hubby is a casual fan. Has only been to one concert -Asheville- but he does watch Clack, appreciates Clay's talent and his heart).

Anyhow, just thought I'd share that in case it resonated with anyone. :)

</karma trying to jump in again> *waves back to Cotton*

karma... interesting perspective and how nice to have a sensitive DH! I know others think it is for those who have left and still others think it is just a thank you to those who stayed... so many things in life have more than one meaning/reason that I'm keeping all of the above. All I know is that when I listen to that song in my car and especially when I watch it, I see and hear one of the most beautiful and moving performances of my Clay life.

Ya'll are talking about Jaymes and Clay's relationship... to me the best line of the evening, that to me signifies the "normalness" of their family, was him leaning forward to hear what she was saying and then saying that "we have a babysitter at home." I'm not sure why, but I LOVED that part and there were a lot of parts to love at the Gala. I'm betting, over the years, that the times they are apart will be few and far between. They are a family.

Actually, one thing about Clay that I often think about.... is his devotion to his little brother. When Brett was born, it would have been very understanding if Clay had resented Brett, especially since he was used to being an only child for all that time... and then with Brett being the golden boy in Ray's eyes, it couldn't have been easy for him to suddenly no longer be the centre of his mother's world. It really touched me that Clay spoke so lovingly of his brother throughout LTS. I mean, many of us grew up with siblings but ... you know....you know what I mean?

Dear FCA,

Repeat after me: SerenityPrayerSerenityPrayerSerenityPrayer....

Not for YOU or the fandom---but for Muski. :fca:

This morning is like a mirror of the past couple of months. Showdown with 13 year old and then the car wouldn't start--couldn't find jumper cables---couldn't wait for AAA 'coss things at work are at fever pitch pre-conference-wise---tried to clear acid build up on battery thingy but even though I did, no juice when key turned---left note on windshield begging the city NOT to ticket me since the car was parked on the side of the street for street cleaning today (of course)---finally got to work to find messages from 3 different vendors saying they HAVE TO HAVE x, y or z info from me TODAY!!!!!!

okay....breathe....

hubby on train with his invalid mother traveling across the continent....she has a portable oxygen compressor she has to have, although she constantly begs him for a cigarette (He doesn't smoke)...she didn't like the roomette he reserved, said it was too claustrophobic, so they have to ride in coach seats all the way across the country. (They're going from Delaware to Seattle)...Hubby's been gone from home since Oct. 1.

13-year-old is getting on my very last nerve and shred of parental patience and I'm feeling THIS close to losing it in some HUGE rant and rave with her and I don't want to. :badmood:

I need.....

I need....

...uh, Clay? Could I convince you to bat for the other team just long enough for a Muski Mercy Mating? (or a million) :lipstick:

{{{{muski}}}}}... you're getting dilusional, woman... deep breath.... deep breath! One crisis at a time, is my saying... work, then car, then have a drink on the way home. I love you, but do you really think the city is gonna have mercy on you??? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Breathe, muski, breathe. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I survived the grocery.

But I'm afraid I did a little more than my share of "spreading the wealth around"! :o

I went a little crazy! Hey, there's only two of us here - not counting the dog. (I did lose my mind and buy Droopy two new toys. He seems to be enjoying them, though, so that's good!)

I'm going to work on a really difficult supper for tonight.

Hamburgers!

:cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter:

We hardly ever do beef burgers, usually turkey. So this will be a bit of a treat!

That's all I got.

Except - anybody else LOVE Clay's "right here waiting fo' you"???

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

I'm so glad the "fallout" has been minimal and that he seems so happy.

I wish I'd seen Jaymes. I just can't walk across the room for no apparent reason to get to the head table to look. I couldn't go for coffee last year, either.

Must be sumpin' wrong wit me!

:Kolobok_Laie_haha:

Must be a day of doing the jobs we could no longer put off. I am on my last load of laundry, worked and got all my cpr paperwork done and copies made to mail in tomorrow, and cleaned the dummies with bleach water. If you would of pulled into my driveway it looked like body parts all over a blanket in the backyard. Would of been great if it was Halloween. My husband got home and we went for a three mile walk, but even with a fleece jacket on that wind was cold, I think the thermometer said it was 46 out. Now I think I will chill this evening and just work on my crosstitch project.