#43: Even more beautiful now, inside and out!

ldyjocelyn

Vote for next Thread Title  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next thread title?

• God we have it so bad...yet it feels so good!
    • That man just doesn't have quit in him.
    • Lordy, this guy makes me smile so hard. I love him
    • What boyfriend wants he gets!
    • We think we'll keep him!
    • Resistance is futile and once I heard that voice all was right with the world.
    • He's back. We're back. We're home again.
    • Yes, Clay, we still think you are sex on a stick! Southern Fried Sex on a Stick!
    • God we have it so bad...yet it feels so good!

Re: the 'beginning' of Clayton---I wish I could put my fingers on that pic of CLay and two friends from before AI---you know the one, guys.. they're wearing those big white 'chef's' hats...and on each hat is a 'raunchy' declaration...

I believe Clay's read, 'Even my hand rejects me"

:sleezy:

clazycoffin---you have a wonderful, surprising, rewarding journey ahead of you---learning about Clay from the beginning to now! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Well.. I'd say the difference with the BB Awards (besides 4+ years) is that his mother was there sitting with him. And I've always believed there's a difference between family friendly, and children's entertainment. Clay is not a children's entertainer. Plus I'd say Clay's become a tad more worldly since LTS. I know *I* have.

Well, yeah. I mean, I'm not saying that I expect him to be the same as he was there. I'm just saying for me, a new fan still trying to catch up on his five years in the business, it was surprising. I try to begin at the beginning, so I'm sort of stuck in the past on that account.

Just helping you along with your education :lilredani:

Here you go muski.

rejection.jpg

You do NOT wanna know how long I stood in line to frickin' early vote - but I did it!

Not only does my state allow you to vote absentee without an excuse now, the local board of elections sent out postcards that you could return to have a ballot mailed to you. I thought, "What the hey" even though I've always voted in person on election day. There's a bunch of local and state issues on the ballot, the electronic voting machine process is still sort of new here, and the lines to vote in person may be very long on election day. I got my ballot form in the mail, consulted with my local political guru (waves to laughn) on a couple of issues I wasn't familiar with, and mailed my ballot in a week ago. No fuss, no muss and I can ignore all the political advertising. Also, I don't have to run the gauntlet of volunteers outside of the polling place that are trying to hand out material at the last minute, which I've always hated.

Aiken2016.jpg

Another link to some photos from yesterday

Also...

From trishcc at CV:

Wellllllllllllll.... you "know" those Clay fans can't stay away from ANYthing.........

They asked the author at the Village Voice blog what Clay said.........his reply was:

Clay didn't utter a word. Many of the celebs on the long dais were just ornaments. Like Omorosa, for example, who was there apparently just to be the butt of jokes.

I choose to take this appearance like this: 1) networking, networking, networking; and 2) showing off his balls of titanium. I may not have been able to do it, but he did. (Of course, I don't have balls, but you know what I mean....)

I love the idea of early voting for those who need it, but I like going on that first Tuesday in November, before I go to work. It's just the ritual of the thing for me....

No word yet on today's matinee performance?

I was a bad, bad girl today. Somehow a 640 gb external hard drive fell into my cart at Costco......who could resist $99?

Wow 640 gb? What brand? I may just have one fall into my cart next time I'm there.

Another link to some photos from yesterday

Also...

From trishcc at CV:

Wellllllllllllll.... you "know" those Clay fans can't stay away from ANYthing.........

They asked the author at the Village Voice blog what Clay said.........his reply was:

Clay didn't utter a word. Many of the celebs on the long dais were just ornaments. Like Omorosa, for example, who was there apparently just to be the butt of jokes.

I choose to take this appearance like this: 1) networking, networking, networking; and 2) showing off his balls of titanium. I may not have been able to do it, but he did. (Of course, I don't have balls, but you know what I mean....)

I love the idea of early voting for those who need it, but I like going on that first Tuesday in November, before I go to work. It's just the ritual of the thing for me....

Well I am disappointed that Clay didn't have a change to fling some zingers himself but yes this shows just what titanium balls he has...to accept the invitation knowing that he would be roasted himself.

I just talked with my daughter in Houston who say that the early voting turnout is big. I remember those images from November 2004 of the long line ups at polls where there were not enough machines or the machines had broken and no one was there to fix them and voters were very effectively disenfranchised.

I practically broke my fingers opening my mail-in ballot so I could run it to the mailbox as soon as possible.

I'm going to have a frigging nervous breakdown waiting for this election.

It's an honor to get roasted--raunchy as it may be. The measure of the man is how well he took it. Knowing Clay, he probably sat on those titaiums and laughed.

Clay Aiken is a star. That is all.

My hubby, who has been gone since Oct. 1 to help his mother who is trying to self destruct, is finally coming home today. After dealing with her behavior in Delaware, closing down her apartment and dealing with all the paperwork of hospitals and doctors and landlords and portable oxygen compressor companies, he shipped stuff to Seattle, then packed up with her and rode a freaking train across the continent over three days and nights with her and her oxygen tank, all the while listening to her begging for cigarettes.

My hubby is a star, too. :wub:

He just called from the Seattle airport to say he'd be home in just a few hours. I cleaned our bathroom for him. :cryingwlaughter:

:cryingwlaughter: I hope your dear hubby knows what an amazing gesture of love that was!!

I have a feeling many of us would not appreciate Clay's real sense of humor. I always had the feeling he tones it down for us - in the interest of being "family friendly" and all.

I don't get this early voting thing. Is is available everywhere? Wouldn't it increase the risk of voter fraud? What if something happened in the next 2 weeks that made you change your mind??

Me? I still can't decide what to do. I am so unhappy with both candidates. I KNOW I won't vote for one no matter what. But the other - I am not crazy about the idea of him being president either. So my decision is whether to vote or not. This presidential race has really soured me on my so-called patriotic duty!

I am far more interested in the World Series! GO PHILLIES!!! on this rainy windy day. Of course, they probaby won't win. Philly teams rarely do. Its hard to even let yourself even imagine the possibility!

But I sure hope they win! :praying:

Hope Clay feels better soon. How disappointing it would be to travel to NY and no Clay.

I practically broke my fingers opening my mail-in ballot so I could run it to the mailbox as soon as possible.

I'm going to have a frigging nervous breakdown waiting for this election.

My ballot never arrived and I'm pissed about that. Hopefully it will be waiting for me when I get home. My mom got hers and she voted already.

I like to sit down in the comfort of my own home and study the propositions, research and fill out my ballot. I don't like standing in lines. And to me the only risk in voting early is it getting lost in the mail LOL. Voter fraud can happen any time any place.

I think most people already know who they are going to vote for - what's 10 more days. We've been going at this now for 2 years already. Don't see an aha moment coming at this point. wandacleo I definitely agree with you about having a nervous breakdown but there is always a silver lining come nov 5th. NO MORE POLITICAL ADS.

I'm watching the world series ... I won't say who I am rooting for...it will be more secret than my presidential vote :cryingwlaughter:

I don't get this early voting thing. Is is available everywhere?

Not everywhere, but in a lot of states. We don't have it in PA.

I'm ready to stand up and be counted, even if it means standing in long lines. I just wish we didn't have to wait 10 more days.

I was going to vote today...but with hubby coming home, I wanted to clean the house. The poor man's just spent three weeks cleaning up the dump that his mom had let her apartment become---I didn't want him to finally get home to a mess, you know?

He's home. YEAY! :clap: And talking softball again with Carrie, of course.. :rolleyes: So we have a week before I have to leave for 10 days away on business.

I would love to see Clay's reactions to some of the things said during that roast, wouldn't you? :whistling-1:

Aiken2016.jpg

Whoo-Hoo!

I see somebody's jumping on my bandwagon!

Did you post this at CV, too, bottle?

Nah - it wouldn't fit this afternoon's "vibe" on the board, if you know what I mean. :imgtongue:

If anyone else want to play around on the site and make their own campaign button pic, here's the link. Clay, ignore the default picture of the extremely scary kitten with the great big pointy teeth!

Nah - it wouldn't fit this afternoon's "vibe" on the board, if you know what I mean. :imgtongue:

If anyone else want to play around on the site and make their own campaign button pic, here's the link. Clay, ignore the default picture of the extremely scary kitten with the great big pointy teeth!

Yep.

I know.

Wazzup? Everybody hormonal? :cryingwlaughter:

Cute site. Yeah, really scary cat there! *g*

Looks like Clay is going to try again tonight! I hope he doesn't "break a leg", so to speak!

I'm glad for the weekend SPAMmers, just hoping he's really good to go!

Glad to hear your mom was released couchie. Hope you can enjoy the rest of your vacation.

I don't understand why anyone is upset at Clay. He didn't write the script. I chose not to read the article after all the warnings. So as far as I'm concerned a good time was had by all. And to keep throwing back to him words that were said five years ago? Oy! :polon:

I need a mantra:

He sings good

He does good for kids

He's funny

He's cute

OHHmmm! :whoo:

Just for the hell of it - and hoping we won't need it again . . .

Oh dear! I hear something’s afoot

Sir Aiken’s extremity, kaput

Now that just won’t do

We wish for a shoe

Both magic and true

So skipping Maynard’s not Hard Put!

Monty_Python_Brother_Maynard.jpg

Yes, I did take photos at the gala.

Clay as Art

Diane Buble

Signing the event

Holding our attention

Bemused at bidding

A winning bid gets a sweet hug

This one I have with Spooky in the photo. It is a sweet picture but I edited Spooky out for privacy. I will send the whole photo on to her.

Sweet song

Yes, Clay can still wail

Yes, he can

This one was taken just as someone up close used a flash.

Blue Clay

Browse my Gala Gallery

Yay I did the right thing. My mom is released! Going to get her.

YAY!! So sorry you missed the rally though.

Oh, by the way. Does anyone know a really good live version of "The Way"? I heard one once where he really kicked up the emotion near the end, but I can't find it anymore... :(

I'd recommend the one from the Ryan Seacrest show before the IT. Clack Unlimited There's another good one here from Denver: Claymaniac's Ultimate CD - Independent Tour

Yes, I did take photos at the gala.

402021787_rqXED-L-1.jpg

Thanks for bringing those over. I love this one! :wub:

edited so the picture will show

I don't understand why anyone is upset at Clay. He didn't write the script. I chose not to read the article after all the warnings. So as far as I'm concerned a good time was had by all. And to keep throwing back to him words that were said five years ago? Oy!

Fear...what's this about? Why are people upset? What words 5 years ago? I'm outta the loop big time, I guess... :huh: