#43: Even more beautiful now, inside and out!

ldyjocelyn

Vote for next Thread Title  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next thread title?

• God we have it so bad...yet it feels so good!
    • That man just doesn't have quit in him.
    • Lordy, this guy makes me smile so hard. I love him
    • What boyfriend wants he gets!
    • We think we'll keep him!
    • Resistance is futile and once I heard that voice all was right with the world.
    • He's back. We're back. We're home again.
    • Yes, Clay, we still think you are sex on a stick! Southern Fried Sex on a Stick!
    • God we have it so bad...yet it feels so good!

Hee aikim! I'm so sorry about your cookies...hopefully, they've baked by now? I've done silly things like that before; I remember doing it one time with the crock pot. Put everything in the pot, plugged it in and left for work...totally forgetting that I also needed to flip the "on" switch! I think I saved it by putting the whole meal in the over for an hour or so.

aikim - I'll be thinking of you every night this week, because I'm baking stuff for a United Way fundraiser on Friday morning (waves to Scarlett!). I'm in a big panic right now thinking we won't have enough for the locusts in this office! ;)

Is the moon full tonight? Because it's just really weird all around me today. Strange situations left and right -- portions of a student's document went missing; a faculty member came in and said "I mistakenly returned my friend's book, and it wasn't this library's book either." Things like that.

It's a new moon on Wed., Oct. 29th - full moon was on the 15th. Hey, I keep track of the moon cycles - when you work with the public you want to be prepared! :)

Bella I am sure you will do fine...I am one of those cooks that always makes more than I need...I figure better to have too much than not enough.

The cookies are done and frosted and quite yummy! We have a 5-month old puppy; part beagle and part terrier but he looks all beagle. He weighs 20 pounds already and sure knows how to pull on the heartstrings...the whole time I am in the kitchen baking he is right next me...crying and looking at me with those big sad beagle eyes begging for a cookie...I finally couldn't stand it and gave him a burnt, unfrosted one...I know, bad Mommy...I have no willpower. I think I will have to make him some dog biscuits so he can have his own "cookies".

Kim

Oh my word... just got back from a meeting about inventory movement, which in itself doesn't sound very interesting, and usually wouldn't be. But, for some reason the guy talking decided to use coconuts as his example. He kept talking about coconuts moving from one place to another. It was all I could do not to burst out laughing. I kept wanting to ask if they were migrating and whether or not there were swallows involved in their movement! :hysterical:

anna... BWAH!!! :cryingwlaughter: At least the meeting didn't put you to sleep.

Oh, wow!

What great promotion from Broadway.com! for our man! INTERNATIONAL SUPERSTAR! YOUR FAVORITE IDOL!

woo hoo! :clap:

muski... the video is great, too. 2:41 seconds almost all Clay scenes. Kewl!

Hee aikim! I'm so sorry about your cookies...hopefully, they've baked by now? I've done silly things like that before; I remember doing it one time with the crock pot. Put everything in the pot, plugged it in and left for work...totally forgetting that I also needed to flip the "on" switch! I think I saved it by putting the whole meal in the over for an hour or so.

aikim - I'll be thinking of you every night this week, because I'm baking stuff for a United Way fundraiser on Friday morning (waves to Scarlett!). I'm in a big panic right now thinking we won't have enough for the locusts in this office! ;)

Is the moon full tonight? Because it's just really weird all around me today. Strange situations left and right -- portions of a student's document went missing; a faculty member came in and said "I mistakenly returned my friend's book, and it wasn't this library's book either." Things like that.
It's a new moon on Wed., Oct. 29th - full moon was on the 15th. Hey, I keep track of the moon cycles - when you work with the public you want to be prepared! :)

*Waves wildly back at Bella!!!* Any chance of sending some virtual ones through the monitor? Pictures also don't have calories. *or can you help on this too, aikim? -- attempts to make puppy dog eyes*

Looks like we have one more thing in common -- I use this iGoogle gadget to track the moon's phases.

LOL on the coconuts, annabear!

bighug.gifWow - thank you for all the beautimous birthday wishes!! bighug.gif

I FLOVE that Spam video - what a great feature of Clay. I hope somebody can/will rip it!

So far I've spent my birthday doing a long-ass career assessment study - part of it is the Myers-Briggs personality test. I thought it was fairly bogus while answering the questions, but I must admit to being fairly amazed with how accurate the results are. I am an ENFP type. (No assigning your own words to those initials, either :imgtongue: ) A Discover - Advocate.

Hee - this is the last line of my 'snapshot'. 'Frequently moved to enthusiastically communicate your 'message'.'

BWAH! Ya think?

ETA: thanks, luckiest!!

PSA

A little canned pumpkin mixed in cat food makes cat poop less smelly. My daughter's cat has a mega colon and has to eat only soft food but still needs the bulk to make it move on through. The vet said to add a little canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix) to Snowball's food. Side effect was less smell to the poop.

It was either the pumpkin or my daughter's sniffer is out of whack.

if it's a FCA'er who vaulted that video, thanky very much!!

I FLOVE it as well!!

he looks adorable and sounds great--hard to believe the show's closing....maybe someone will put out a CD? I hope I hope...

So far I've spent my birthday doing a long-ass career assessment study - part of it is the Myers-Briggs personality test. I thought it was fairly bogus while answering the questions, but I must admit to being fairly amazed with how accurate the results are. I am an ENFP type. (No assigning your own words to those initials, either :imgtongue: ) A Discover - Advocate.
What a fun clip from Broadway.com!

In case it wasn't clear from my recaps -- he was wonderful this weekend!!!

Oh and on Sunday night, the lightbulb-Sarah Palin joke was repeated, ending with the additional aside of "how's that for negative campaigning?" As they were leaving, they said "Let's go book tickets on the Web" and omitted the plumber remark.

On a whim I re-took the Myers-Briggs test since I know what mine was back in 2004, and was stunned to find out that I'm now an 'E' instead of an 'I'. I can't think of anything major that happened between 2004 and now, so I wonder what could have caused that?

ETA: Thanks for the explanation, cindilu2. I also changed from T to F.

What a fun clip from Broadway.com!

In case it wasn't clear from my recaps -- he was wonderful this weekend!!!

On a whim I re-took the Myers-Briggs test since I know what mine was back in 2004, and was stunned to find out that I'm now an 'E' instead of an 'I'. I can't think of anything major that happened between 2004 and now, so I wonder what could have caused that?

Scarlett, part of the assessment talks about the life-stages during which the different parts of the personality test change. They said this about the 'mid-life' period of 35-55:

During this period, the Fourth function, introverted Sensing, develops. The outgoing, idealistic personality of the ENFP will continue to develop throught adulthood, but now their attention turns to the inner world of reality, facts, details and sensory experience. They will seen more quiet time and will focus more on practical activities. So it seems the even though I'm an 'E', tendencies change towards the "I" side as I get older. Maybe the same works in reverse?

not caught up, no time to read, on the run.

OK, this is really late, and I wrote it a few days ago, but.... I have been encouraged by cough, cough some one who likes red to post this now before we run ot to see Wicked, road not taken

Recap Oct 25 - I was not planing to go to Spam on Saturday, Scarlett found out Clay was not appearing at the Saturday matinee and got a refund. At 12:55 she said - let's go to NY, I will treat you to another play, so off we went at 12:57, the attractive pulled together Scarlett and the "staying home in cleaning clothes and no make up" Playbiller.

With one hour to the show, I could not find my quicky parking space, so we took off looking for a place to park in NYC. We were flying along, confident of flying into the city with time to spare, but... then we found the traffic jam on 8th avenue. As we sat watching the time tick away, Scarlett brought out her phone and made a quick call to the box office of Speed the Plow to find a parking garage near the theater. We made it with about 2 minutes to the show! A very interesting show about the music business with Raul Esparza, Jeremy Priven and Elizabeth Moss. So we are backing Raul for a Tony now.

We got out and wandered over to Spamalot to see if there was any word on Clay appearing. As we headed for the box office we ran into AnnTherese and Big Apple for Clay who had just checked the box office. Since they didn't know what the result would be yet, we headed off to dinner and some fun conversation and company after 6 we headed back in sections to the Shubert and sat outside where BigAppleFor Clay noticed Jerome - and ran! She found out Clay was appearing and under the no standing or stopping at any time was Clay's Car and driver. We then sat for about 2 hours watching the SUV. We took photos with the SUV in the background and made jokes about who was sitting in there as the rain drizzled down. Of course, the SUV did not show up in any of the photos. Just before we got on-line, BA4C saw the driver run in with a baby seat.

As we sat around, Anntherese had an extra ticket, with some scrambling around, we all managed to upgrade to a great seat with out any financial loss. And on to the show!

There was the usual laughs for Finland, not much of a reaction to the historian.Then we heard the cloppng coconuts and the king appeared ....to silence.Then the dulcet tones of Clay when we REALLY knew Clay would be there!!! some applause ensued. There were subs for Rick and Tim, and Wally Dunn. So Clay got to play off someone else for the "plumage".

Then Clay comes down for the not Dead Yet scene and is just a bit careful. When he does the "dressing up and Dancing" he lifted his leg just a little. While the Lancelot was not Rick, he was better than the usual sub and he and Clay did very well playing off each other. I couldn't figure out if Clay had a bandage on his leg or not before the scene, but he did start stomping /marching toward the end. When singing knights come out and sing and they bounce up and down, I noticed Clay kept his flat feet on the ground, rather than go up on his toes as usual. (such a foot based report!)

Moving along. Camelot - I noticed before the Screen raised so they could enter Camelot - Clay seemed very enthralled by the line of the panties on the Camelot girl in the white outfit. Then the drink lady shimmed Clay and kissed Galahad.

Clay seemed quite active running around and dropping to the floor and getting up in the Camelot scene. The girl near the dice backside shimmied Clay - seems to be a popular thing now!

the thunder and the grail scene. ..... Yes, Clay said the most enthusiastic "Quail' ever heard on the stage up to that point, I am sure! It was joyous and celeberatory.

INTERMISSION!!! For the first time I noticed some of the animation on the screen as intermission was ending. I guess you do have to watch this show 45 times before you see everything. I notcied that the wooden rabbit was lifted and shaken, probably to see if any chocolate fell out. Following that, way high up on the screen two swallows fly by with a coconut on a creeper, tucked under their wings.

In the Sir Robin meets the black night, it was pretty funny and good as usual, his faces are getting more interesting.

YWSOB - I wasn't sure how he was going to do it, but When he got up from the piano and stomped, he was serious! What is interesting is to see all the faces of all the people in the bottle dance line. This show they were all serious and Clay did not do the tongue thing until the very end. He did quite a rear exposure before sitting at he piano to a very few hoots (you could tell there were only reserved fans there, heh.)

He got very nice applause, but not a standing ovation, that was pretty rare.

As the guard, he seemed to add some Schick back into it since Tuesday. There was more "life" and more to frustrate the king added to the act. He went back to ribbon admiring of the single green ribbon on the spear and even started sniffing it before he was cut down in his prime. He did seem to break his fall a bit better than he did before.

Another big "he was fine" moment was coming out to do the coconut dance - he seemed to be flirting with the audience as a whole during the dance, intense flirting.

His Amen as Brother Maynard was really beautiful. So different than I had heard it before. Maybe it just had to come out of him after he had sung at the gala. I wish he would do that way it all the time, it rang out so clear.

On to the finale.....

Clay burst out of the doors grinning the biggest grin ever on his face and did his dance and held his note until he was off to the side of the stage. he does not always do that, must have really been in a singing mood Saturday.

He was just smiling and flirting with everyone! As they rotated to my side, the three guys tried to do a dance, but I do believe substitute Belvadere was doing such a pelvic thrust dance maybe David and Clay gave it up rather than follow him. Someone could have had an eye poked out if Clay did it!

So the curtain came down and everyone comes out on stage to sing and the whole time Clay is singing, the dancer girl behind him is turning around and swirling her skirt against his backside. He keeps swatting behind him, but never manages to hit or catch her. No salute as he is backing up, but he did show his socks instead and I had to wonder if he was showing that there was no cast on his foot or showing off that his socks matched that day?

Verra entertaining recap, Play! :clap:

Making this a new post...

broadway.com page on Spamalot. Click on the video link for footage of the show...

LOVE this!!!

Hey, CG! One of the Phillies' main men, Jimmy Rollins? He's a local boy! He went to one of the two high schools here in my little island town in the Bay Area! Kewl :yahoo:

We're having a blast watching the Series this year...Hubby, of course, is a longtime Phillies fan, being from Northern Delaware; I've always been a fan, being from Virginia/NC and Carrie's a fan because she loves the sport! Alex, of course, is sooooo not groovin' to joining us in front of the tube.... :rolleyes: She IS 17 years old, after all, and has mucho more importante things on her mind....

:cryingwlaughter:

couchie - so glad couchiemama is ok again and out of the hospital!!

muski - your hubby is a saint!!

FG - love the rose pix and the quilt pix!!

OMG bottle!! those Halloween pix are awesome!!

FG - That costume idea from LALate is a really abbreviated idea!!

Here's mrchach in the Sir Robin costume I made for him!

th_sirrobinhalloween.jpg

I also made a zombie horde outfit for myself -

th_chach-zombie.jpg

using the zombie horde t-shirt as a base!

th_zombiehorde.jpg

(still catching up - more later!!)