#43: Even more beautiful now, inside and out!

ldyjocelyn

Vote for next Thread Title  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next thread title?

• God we have it so bad...yet it feels so good!
    • That man just doesn't have quit in him.
    • Lordy, this guy makes me smile so hard. I love him
    • What boyfriend wants he gets!
    • We think we'll keep him!
    • Resistance is futile and once I heard that voice all was right with the world.
    • He's back. We're back. We're home again.
    • Yes, Clay, we still think you are sex on a stick! Southern Fried Sex on a Stick!
    • God we have it so bad...yet it feels so good!

HOLY SHIT.

Clay answered my question.

And he said my freakin' name.

*dies*

For the record, my question was "what's the funniest thing that's happened on stage?"

*dies again*

Woo hoo, and what a great question too. You could tell he liked it!

Whee! WTG, ldyj! I was thinking it was pretty cool how he tended to say the person's name with each question. Never thought that one was yours! I know I sent in a question, but I don't even remember what it was. Heh.

Loved the Broadway interview and also the Spring Awakening pictures. Sorry to hear about Clay's laryngitis. Hope it's short-lived.

Thanks for bringing over that report on LizInToronto, merrieeee.

OK hell must have frozen over, because I have CNN on and am actually interested in the results of this US election. :cryingwlaughter:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE for ldyj!!! And it was a great question!

I just watched the clip - he's sooooo cuuuuute! And funny, too.

I wanna get this from the vault and make a screencap of the look on Clay's face when he answers the 'Dancing with the Stars' question. BWAH!!!

Speaking of pics, here are a few untagged ones from the Friar's Roast. He looks so handsome in the first pic!

1zgggat.jpg

23w4bp2.jpg

2hhlshz.jpg

Gibby the clip is at the CH vault at the moment and at CU.

I downloaded that puppy really, really fast -- and still haven't watched the whole thing yet! I'm trying to watch it plus keep up with Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert.

I think I'm still hyperventilating.

Thanks for bringing those pictures over Gibby! He was adorable that day too.

It quit raining just after the polls opened, so the weather is very nice. I think this is going to be one long day!

I'm going zen with this tree...

600yroldtree.jpg

I'm so glad you are enjoying "my" tree! I took that in Little River, SC a few weeks ago at the Shrimp and Jazz Festival!

I hope it's okay to note here, that this is a very historic night in America!

Barack Obama, according to ABC News, is the next President of the United States.

I know everyone won't be happy, but for every African American student I ever taught, I am very happy. I hope now that they can hear the words I used to say to them - "you can be anything you put your mind to" with hard work and pride in yourself, etc. - and believe them!

Lord bless him and the USA. We have a hard road ahead and lots to fix in our country.

I'm feeling a bit schmoopie about the USA!

This night has been fantastic for me. I leave on vacation tomorrow, Barack Obama is going to be our president, and Clay Aiken said my name.

*sigh*

Can someone make an mp4 of that Broadway clip really quickly? I need it for my iPod before I leave, and I was planning on turning off my computer in the next 20 minutes or so.

OK, so this is a bit off-topic, but I didn't know where else to post it (sorry... don't ban me! :P) but does anyone know where to buy Clay keychains or stickers? I want a keychain either for my keys (imagine that! :lol:) or to hook on my bag (possibly dangle from my rearview mirror...) and stickers for my laptop--but no idea where to find some. I tried eBay, but they only accept PayPal anymore and I don't have it.

(Shame on me, I used the word "but" four times in those three sentences! :D)

ETA: Wow. I'm such a scatterbrain. Congratulations, ldyjocelyn!! That's awesome!

This night has been fantastic for me. I leave on vacation tomorrow, Barack Obama is going to be our president, and Clay Aiken said my name.

*sigh*

Can someone make an mp4 of that Broadway clip really quickly? I need it for my iPod before I leave, and I was planning on turning off my computer in the next 20 minutes or so.

I have the mp4 made, and am uploading it now. Be back in a few with a link.

ETA: The link is here. Let me know if you have any trouble with it - there are several different kinds of mp4s, so I can convert it to a different kind if it doesn't work for your ipod. Enjoy!

Any news on Prop 8 in CA?

ldyj! How exciting that Clay answered your question!!!

Have a great vacation!

I looked a couple of minutes ago, and same sex marriage seems to have lost in three states - California, Florida and Arizona. :(

Anything is possible in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!

Not anything...... Not a lot......

But Clay is CUTE and in the end, what else really matters??

ETA: Example of things not possible in the USA - see Gibby's post....

How sad. How shameful.

How sad. How shameful.

Maybe this new President can make a difference.

How sad. How shameful.

Maybe this new President can make a difference.

I doubt it. He would need the power to change the minds of narrow minded, hate filled people. He is not that powerful. No one person is.

:lipstick::BlowKiss:Gibby! Thank you so much! I can now watch that clip over and over again on the plane tomorrow!

I'm sad and mad about the Prop 8 thing (although it's still fairly early in reporting, right?), but I still have hope that gays will have equal rights for themselves and their partners. I hate that it's taking this long, though. And yes Thankful, it just takes one person. I can be cynical, but I still have hope too.

'night all. See you in a few days.

I'm sad and mad about the Prop 8 thing (although it's still fairly early in reporting, right?), but I still have hope that gays will have equal rights for themselves and their partners. I hate that it's taking this long, though. And yes Thankful, it just takes one person. I can be cynical, but I still have hope too.

It ain't over till it's over - and it ain't over for Prop 8 just yet.

Barack Obama - President Elect. God Bless America. I've been crying off and on since 10 CST. I didn't expect to see history made in my lifetime.

I looked a couple of minutes ago, and same sex marriage seems to have lost in three states - California, Florida and Arizona. :(

I'm sad to hear that news. No matter my sexuality. Governments ought not to be able to say who can love each other and make a home together.

Still work to do.

But - wow! Both McCain's concession speech (very classy) and Obama's acceptance speech have me all schmoopie.

I loved Obama's speech, grateful, thankful, but encouraging people to work to make the country better.

I was really impressed with both men.

Too bad I never saw that McCain until tonight. I wonder if he was listening to the wrong people instead of running his own game?

G'night!

What a night!

Now - where is our Freckled BF and how is his precious voicebox?

:)

HOLY SHIT.

Clay answered my question.

And he said my freakin' name.

*dies*

For the record, my question was "what's the funniest thing that's happened on stage?"

*dies again*

ldyj... CONGRATS!!! Enjoy your vacation, especially with your MP4 of Clay saying your muski's name. :cryingwlaughter:

Congrats! America. We have a hard row to hoe, but if we work together we can come out of this better and stronger! I haven't given up on Prop 8, but boo to all those who voted down equality!

I'm filled with cautious optimism---Obama has an energy, an aura, a charisma about him that inspires me to hope...and to work for good stuff. I'm not looking for miracles here...but it's refreshing to feel hopeful again.

But as for Prop 8. I'll wake up in less than five hours and I imagine we'll know by then. It will be such a shameful thing, IMO, if it passes and people are once again told that their love is somehow not quite as good or right or....legal as others. And if it passes, it's going to be a sad and ironic commentary on the state of politics and religion in our country.

Because make no mistake about this one. It was driven completely by money supplied and deplorably tactics employed by a number of very influential and determined religious groups...I actually saw a 'rally' of Prop 8 supporters on the way home from work Friday...and the adults had small children holding "YES on 8" signs that basically say, "NO on giving all people the same right and freedom to love. YES on continuing to single out groups to hate."

I wanted to cry. Those young kids have no idea what they're doing---other than getting to stay up late and make noise and have fun with their friends and the grownups. Made me sick.

Sorry :unsure: ...[/rant and TMI on my personal beliefs].

Ldyj Congratulations!!!

My party was a resounding success--we ate, drank, cheered, and cried.

I'm so happy. This is such a momentous occasion!!!

(Pissed about Proposition 8, but the ads have been vile and fear-mongering, so it's not too surprising. No wonder Clay waited to come out--we've got a long way to go when it comes to gay rights. Jesus.)