#43: Even more beautiful now, inside and out!

ldyjocelyn

Vote for next Thread Title  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next thread title?

• God we have it so bad...yet it feels so good!
    • That man just doesn't have quit in him.
    • Lordy, this guy makes me smile so hard. I love him
    • What boyfriend wants he gets!
    • We think we'll keep him!
    • Resistance is futile and once I heard that voice all was right with the world.
    • He's back. We're back. We're home again.
    • Yes, Clay, we still think you are sex on a stick! Southern Fried Sex on a Stick!
    • God we have it so bad...yet it feels so good!

Two reasons to smile today...

Capitol_July_4_2004.jpg

ETA: Sending a cozy teapot of hot virtual ginger tea to the cute one...

ETAA: Is there any chance for a banner based on his Capitol Fourth performances?

EYATA: Looking forward to seeing Lotus tonight!

Have a great day, everyone!

:nature-smiley-014:

Good Morning Everyone,

I know I am in the minority here, but I just cannot be happy about the election results...I know many had concerns about Bush for the last 8 years, but I have many more concerns about Obama than I ever had about Bush. Yes he gives good speeches, but it remains to be seen if he can really do anything he has been promising once he is in the White House. He didn't do much for Illinois as a Senator here and his lack of experience is real concern among other things.

1 Day until Clay "Comes Clean" on ET!

:yahoo:

25 Days until Clay's Golden Birthday!

60 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot!

:cry:

82 Days until Golfing For Inclusion!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Leaving for work now to face a rather large number of sad co-workers...

All I'm saying is that this is a historic moment and I'm proud to have seen the country transform its views on one way to discriminate within my lifetime. I see more hope in the future for acceptance for all.

This is regardless of the government's performance over the next 4 years.

As an foreigner, and someone about as non-political as anyone can get, I still shed a few tears of joy last night watching the results, and the speeches, before heading to bed. I think it's a huge step in the right direction for the USA. Not happy with the results of Prop 8, but not surprised, either, from all that I've heard about it.

Well I'm not happy today!!! Clay is sick and my insurance people called last night saying I haven't paid my bill in 3 months despite the the fact the bank shows it has been paid! I guess them posting it to the wrong account might have something to do with it!!!!!! I called this morning and if the girl said one more time, not to worry, I was going to jump down the phone line.

Maybe I'm just in a lousy mood.

ldyj, congrats on the acknowledgement of your question!! I would be SOO excited too!

Sure hoping Clay feels better quickly~I have friends attending Thurs/Fri, but that's not the whole thing of course. :wub:

Luckiest1, I had to give up on the results to go to bed last night, but I have to say that's the first time in many, many years I've been interested as well. I'm excited about your future, USA! ....and I NEVER watch election results, or vote, up here. When someone comes along to lead the country whom I respect~I'll vote. Until then~nuh-uh. I refuse to give the idiots we have available now even that small acknowledgement.

OK, enough with the politics from a furriner! :lol:

KAndre pats merrieeee and secretly hands her a stick to poke insurance people...pats aikim and others in her shoes and hopes they will be pleasantly surprised...pats Scarlett because Scarlett just likes to be patted

Yeah, I would love a Capital 4th banner too!

I know I am in the minority here, but I just cannot be happy about the election results...I know many had concerns about Bush for the last 8 years, but I have many more concerns about Obama than I ever had about Bush. Yes he gives good speeches, but it remains to be seen if he can really do anything he has been promising once he is in the White House. He didn't do much for Illinois as a Senator here and his lack of experience is real concern among other things.

*HUGS* for aikim. :big hug:

I'm thrilled with the results!!

But I think that the challeges facing Obama are HUGE, and it will take time for things to turn around. That would be true even if McCain had been elected. I am going to try to be patient, because we didn't end up this way overnight, and it won't change overnight, either.

And in the meantime, I'm going to continue to celebrate this guy!!

GMAbabypic2.jpg

babypic4.jpg

397122903_4Qors-M.jpg

397123231_kMDdz-M.jpg

spam_102408_music2myears1.jpg

Gala08_12.jpg

Gala08_14.jpg

Gala08_22.jpg

nyc1108_106.jpg

After the fear and dread I have lived in for the last four years, I have hope that some positive changes can occur. I HATE that Prop 8 looks like it's passed, but a real belief that one day that will change. The Mormans poured massive amounts of money into the Yes campaign and massive amounts of lies and fear. Pfffft!!! I'm hoping that it gets stalled for a long time until it dies of old age.

Laryngitis... Clay... get well FAST!!! (notice I didn't say soon... :cryingwlaughter: ... too risky!)

merrieeee... good luck all around!

Went to bed at 11pm, woke up at 4:30am and couldn't get back to sleep. And, my boss is in town. Wish me luck and the ability to look (and act) like I'm alert and competent! :cryingwlaughter:

Gibby... Thanks for the great pics!

{{{{{hugs}}}}} for all those concerned about the results of the election.

Good morning FCA! I'm so thrilled for all of you today, especially those of you who worked so hard to see the results of your election yesterday! A poll of Cdns was done yesterday and 85% said they would have voted for Obama if they had the opportunity. We haven't had this kind of election excitement in Canada since Trudeaumania in the late '60s.

I managed to stay up until 11 pm and then woke up before 5:30 - I knew it was because I wanted to see the final tally. The Democrats Abroad had quite the party in downtown TO yesterday. It would have been fun to be there, but I turn into a pumpkin on weeknights.

Our family follows politics very closely, on both sides of the border. My 19 yr old kept coming into the family room every half hour to check the results. My kids *always* vote - they've been told that if they don't, they have no right to complain and they take it very seriously. Of course, since mum works in municipal government and has been an election official three times, they can't get away from politics! ;)

I'll have to wait until I get home to watch the B'way.com answers - congrats ldyj on getting picked!

GAH! I am so loving that broadway.com Q&A (congrats, ldyj). How often do we get nearly ten full minutes of uninterrupted Clay talking? No inane interviewer, no commercials, just Clay. AWESOME!!

I lurve that he decided to mention David. He really is the most lovable guy.

GAH! I am so loving that broadway.com Q&A (congrats, ldyj). How often do we get nearly ten full minutes of uninterrupted Clay talking? No inane interviewer, no commercials, just Clay. AWESOME!!

I lurve that he decided to mention David. He really is the most lovable guy.

Totally agree about the Broadway.com Q&A. Oh I so much am looking forward to seeing him Jan 1st with my Ontario clayfans.

But as for Prop 8. I'll wake up in less than five hours and I imagine we'll know by then. It will be such a shameful thing, IMO, if it passes and people are once again told that their love is somehow not quite as good or right or....legal as others. And if it passes, it's going to be a sad and ironic commentary on the state of politics and religion in our country.

There are at least two lawsuits already underway challenging Prop 8’s constitutionality. And all kinds of discussion on how the constitution would have to be revised as opposed to amended, which means they would need two-thirds vote of the legislature which they are unlikely to get. I think I have that right. Anyway, it still ain’t over.

As for Obama, I have a great deal of hope, but also recognize that this country is so badly screwed up that he won't be able to fix all of it right away, if at all, in his first term. Patience. Now we will see if the panicked republicans who were basically shown the will of the people will continue to play obstructionist in the Senate, since we didn't quite make the 60 seats. It will be interesting to watch, for sure.

Here's an article about white space:

http://telephonyonline.com/wireless/commen...-1105/?cid=hcom

Hee love the last sentence.

Maybe you missed it, but recently a handful of performers wrote a letter to the FCC fighting against white space data services, worried that they would interfere with wireless microphones — and thus their acts. Check out this motley crew of signees: Dolly Parton, Neil Diamond, the Dixie Chicks, Clay Aiken and Guns N' Roses. You don't see such assembled power and political influence like that every day.

He was very specific at the Gala that he would be finished on Jan. 4th. The ad doesn't really say anything different - just that the show is closing on Jan 18th. (Yes, I do know what imply means - they ain't stupid, heheh.) Very cool to see him described that way!

He also said in the broadway interview that he would only be there until the 4th. And he was adorable, as usual.

I'm also happy about the election, even though I'm from one of the states with a bunch of redneck people who would like to take the country back to those not so good old days. From the way that Obama has run his campaign, and the people who he goes to for answers, I think he is going to be a great president. And he really seems to want to work together with people from both parties, which I think will work well for him and us. One of the reasons that I was worried about McCain, besides his obvious stupidity of vp pick, was because with the campaign that he ran, I think there would have been a lot of bad feelings. Even people in his own party had issues with all of the negative attacks.

Really hate that there are so many closed-minded people in the US that think they should have the right to deny others their rights. HeidiHo, I really hope those lawsuits prevent Prop 8 from taking effect.

Hee, cindilu2, your new avi cracks me up. :cryingwlaughter:

Hope Clay feels well enough to perform tonight!

Funny I should love that so much. 'No' isn't exactly the word I fantasize hearing from those lurvely lips....

:lilredani: