#43: Even more beautiful now, inside and out!

ldyjocelyn

Vote for next Thread Title  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next thread title?

• God we have it so bad...yet it feels so good!
    • That man just doesn't have quit in him.
    • Lordy, this guy makes me smile so hard. I love him
    • What boyfriend wants he gets!
    • We think we'll keep him!
    • Resistance is futile and once I heard that voice all was right with the world.
    • He's back. We're back. We're home again.
    • Yes, Clay, we still think you are sex on a stick! Southern Fried Sex on a Stick!
    • God we have it so bad...yet it feels so good!

Okay.

Nobody clicked the pic I posted above?

Go on.

Click it.

:)

Pitch pipe.

:naughtywag:

:hysterical:

I know you all will think I am crazy, but it was beautiful today and about 70 degrees, so I put up my Christmas lights. They will not be turned on, but it sure beats putting them up when the temp is in the 20's, blowing snow, and my hand are freezing. As usuall I ended up throwing away 4 sets because they would not all light. I get so impatient when dealing with burntout bulbs.

I really enjoyed watching the Broadway.com interview. He is so cute, and love the faces he makes.

From CV

NO STAGE DOOR BECAUSE OF CLAY'S THROAT

From another report - it's drizzly in NYC and Jerome came out and told folks Clay wouldn't be coming out to SD and pointed to his throat.

Evidently he was in fine voice for the show, however. :)

<sigh>

As an example of how my week's been going...

The eHP had a perfectly lovely dinner with Lotus, who after much interesting conversation determined that merrieeee can't actually see in the dark and Scarlett sort of accidentally hits things on a regular basis - came to the false conclusion I was a normal driver. We input her address in my GPS and off we go. The first thing I do is make an illegal u-turn. I sez, "no problem" and as the last "mmm" sound is fading, on come the blinking lights. I pull into the driveway of a parking lot. The cop comes to my windown and says, "Ma'am, you went in the exit lane. Can you pull further in?" Oh crap. He gets my insurance and noticed that it doesn't have an end date. Double crap. Then he asks me, "When were you planning on doing your registration?" And I sez to him, "But it's not due until the end of Octob...oh crap." He goes back to his patrol car to laugh himself silly and comes back, hands me my license and waves me off. Man, I love cops who don't give me tickets when I'm so far wrong I'm turning right again. And my GPS propositioned Lotus when she got out of the car. That'll teach Lotus to go off with the normal one!

Just popping in to say how fun it was to meet Lotus tonight! And it's was good to brag to merrieeee and KAndre how Solo and PerusingOne let me pick our eating places in Raleigh the other week -- unfortunately every single bbq place we tried was closed, are all the good ones closed on Sundays? Oh btw, I don't bump into things; they come right at me! Like the side of my garage door did the other night. Tonight, the food and the company and the conversation and the main subject of our musings were all verrrrra verrrrra niiiiiice! We closed down the place again but this time they didn't boot us out, we politely left about half an hour after they closed and all the servers and cooks had eaten their dinners. And eeeeeeee we're gonna see him this weekend!!! (wish we could squeeze Lotus into our carry-ons and take her with us!)

Yeah! The Golden Larynx is back!

AllForOne2008.jpg

Thx for the pretty picture, bottle! Any more where that came from?

Well, we actually made it here and got here on time to go to Spamalot.

We left Tuesday night at 10 PM after the big Democratic Party in town. Well we actually left during it. Threw a bunch of Clothes in a suitcase and left home. We stopped at a motel at 1AM. I guess the 8 + hours of campaigning really got us tired.

We made it to our hotel at 4:30 this afternoon, plenty of time for Spamalot. The weather is not nice here. Had salads in our hotel room before leaving for the show.

The orchestra was pretty full and saw people in the mezzanine. We saw a group of about twenty kids having their pictures taken outside of Spamalot. But I'm not sure if they went to the show.

The entire cast was very good. We really enjoyed the new king although I thought the original king was great. I haven't seen the show since May. This is the third time my husband has seen the show and he enjoyed it just as much as the first time.

Clay's voice was just fine so it's hard to believe he was sick just yesterday. Maybe it was more hoarse and scratchy than not actually having a voice. The funiest change I noticed was when he is riding his horse and he starts getting seasick. I about died laughing during that part.

A young boy was the peasant today and was given great applause by the audience.

There was a lot of laughing but no standing either during the show or after when you sing.

I recognized a woman from the Gala in Raleigh in the audience. She was there with a group of women from Georgia. Seemed like a lot of fans there.

One thing that really hit me watching the show was Clay's face in repose was so very beautiful and angelic looking.

I guess I'll try to get to bed. There are some people in the next room screaming. :naughtywag:

Okay.

Nobody clicked the pic I posted above?

Go on.

Click it.

:)

Cotton... BWAH!!! :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter: I'm glad you made me! :cryingwlaughter:

<sigh>

As an example of how my week's been going...

The eHP had a perfectly lovely dinner with Lotus, who after much interesting conversation determined that merrieeee can't actually see in the dark and Scarlett sort of accidentally hits things on a regular basis - came to the false conclusion I was a normal driver. We input her address in my GPS and off we go. The first thing I do is make an illegal u-turn. I sez, "no problem" and as the last "mmm" sound is fading, on come the blinking lights. I pull into the driveway of a parking lot. The cop comes to my windown and says, "Ma'am, you went in the exit lane. Can you pull further in?" Oh crap. He gets my insurance and noticed that it doesn't have an end date. Double crap. Then he asks me, "When were you planning on doing your registration?" And I sez to him, "But it's not due until the end of Octob...oh crap." He goes back to his patrol car to laugh himself silly and comes back, hands me my license and waves me off. Man, I love cops who don't give me tickets when I'm so far wrong I'm turning right again. And my GPS propositioned Lotus when she got out of the car. That'll teach Lotus to go off with the normal one!

KAndre... only you! :hysterical::hysterical:

Kandre you think your week was bad? I think I am having a hot flash.... my first. geeze. Maybe I have some kind of jungle fever. Yeah, that's it. Isn't 46 too young for that?

Yay for Trenyce!

Couchie... welcome to the club! Yes, 46 is young for jungle fever, but not for a first hot flash. It only lasts 10 years! LOL Get some Pregnenalone (MRM is a good brand, 50mg) and some Progesterone cream and join the crowd. You learn to live in layers. I have been fortunate to never get night sweats, but if you do, get to a doctor who prescribes natural hormones cause you don't got to do that. Not everyone does. All I've ever had are warm flashes, luckily.

I can so drive in the dark but only during daylight hours, when the roads are well lit and I've been there before!

It was great meeting the delightful Lotus and from a couple of things she said she would fit in well with the eHP....if you know what I mean and I think you do! :whistling-1: She even said next time she was in Houston she would meet us again! I guess we weren't evil enough*g*

We tried to get her to come to NYC this weekend. We told her we were only going to do some shows........well OK one show. Yes we do like multiples, why do you ask?

eeeeeeeee tomorrow, tomorrow!!!!!

More Spam reports via CH:

From Gareem at CV

SmartyPantsSuz-intermission report.

The show is wonderful. Clay is wonderful. Her best seats ever—Row B. Farouche and Cap in Row A and they are perfectly behaved. For some reason, she felt it was important to emphasize that. Orchestra is pretty full, more seats are filled in on the sides. Bigger crowd than last night. Suz doesn’t hear anything different in his voice. Farouche and Cap said they notice a little difference.

Tower guard scene—showed lots of personality. Chewed on his fingernails, cute, animated. Clay’s riding scene—faces more like he was gonna barf, less tongue action. Camelot scene—LOL taking off her armor she poked him, his dancing—lots of cute faces.

Farouche and Cap say the slit in the front of his tabard is higher this time around. Apparently they have studied this carefully.

On to second half...

From Gareem at CV

Final Recap from Spamalot brought to you by: SmartyPantsSuz, farouche, CAP, brensmemaw, msidolfan, 03jersey and libby500 (I'm not sure if I got this one right).

I hesitate to type this—bad phone, background noise, Suz speed in talking and me understanding. I apologize in advance--shrapnel coming...

Cap snorted several times during the show. Farouche was a perfect angel. They continued on over to Junior’s.

Stage Door: Jerome came out and said Clay wasn’t coming outside, motioned to his throat. It was sprinkling.

The show: Clay was totally on. Voice great. YWSOB—voice rocked. Russian dance—no tongue, at the end he rolled his eyes back in his head.

Three Jewish dancing girls in white: He mouthed, “I love you,” to the one closest to him.

Brave Sir Robin: When he reached out to stop the music and singing, Tom yanked the tambourine away from him and Robin had nothing to hit. FUNNY. Fabulous pants soiling also—he hasn’t forgotten.

Knights of Ni: Changed their name to Yes We Can (Obama’s slogan).

Guard: Ears stuck out from his helmet, looked like Dopey of the 7 dwarves. Played with the ribbons, ran under his nose and smelled them, didn’t braid. Tom hysterical—cracked Rick up.

Sang Amen.

Peasant was a boy maybe 10 to 12. Very surprised, very cute. Got a trophy and a set of coconuts. Clay gave him a thumbs up.

Everybody at their table had seen the show before but it was their first time in this second run. Subtle changes, inflections, different faces—loved it.

Finale, really dancing up a storm. Popped his top hat. At the very end he beckoned with wiggling his fingers motioning a girl over to him and they did some dance-hip wiggling.

Great show. The buzz of their group sizzled my phone. They were so excited and it was adorable all of them buzzing and talking all at the same time. Thanks for the call, Kids!

Good Morning All:

24 Days until Clay's Golden Birthday!

:yahoo:

59 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot!

:cry:

81 Days until Golfing For Inclusion! :yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

The Obama love montage is at 398, 129 and should break 400,000 views today. It was at about 386, 000 at this time yesterday. This one day total (around 12,000 views) is the greatest I have seen in the last two months. The day before it had a 9,000 hit increase in 24 hours. I am interested to see if this rate increases.

Out of curiousity, I went to check out the McCain "Ashes" montage which came out in July. (The Obama one came out in June). It has 8,000+ hits. This along with the comments on the Obama montage, makes me think that the audience reached is largely NJU. If it were Clay fans repeatedly hitting the montage, I would expect that to happen to the McCain one as well.

The other thing I continue to enjoy is that the audience for the Obama montage (based on musical choices as seen in the posters' links) appear to be individuals who would typically not choose to listen to Clay. Although this may not have significantly have affected sales of OMWH, SAU is typically in the top 5 Clay single downloads on Amazon. No way for me to know how this translates into downloads but the montage may be impacting these sales.

I wonder if Gayle King has this song on her ipod. (Were the comments she made about Clay at the David Foster party brought over here?)

Can't wait to hear from Clay on ET tonight. Please no announcements of triplets from Bradjolina today.

I was cleaning off my memory stick in preparation for our trip to NYC this weekend and posted some old pics in the members only thread.

This is why they make me drive even when my GPS tries to take us into the ocean. Sorry I couldn't make it, Lotus. I promise I'll drive you home if I'm around the next time you're in Houston.

It was great meeting the delightful Lotus and from a couple of things she said she would fit in well with the eHP....if you know what I mean and I think you do! :whistling-1: She even said next time she was in Houston she would meet us again! I guess we weren't evil enough*g*

I like to think we're evil-ish and not plain evil. We try not to hurt people physically. Mentally is probably another story.

I'm feeing sad about the passage of Proposition 8 since two members of my family--my nephew and Clay--and many friends (incuding Luckiest!) are gay. I take this very personally.

My only comfort is that 8 years ago a similar marriage-is-only-a-man-and-a-woman measure in CA passed with 61% of the vote and this time it passed with 52%. As Clay says, we have to be patient. If the vote came down 9 points in 8 years, and we can get an amendment back on the ballot in 2 years, those supporting gay rights should be in the majority.

I am cautiously hopeful.

My oldest son text messaged me this afternoon to let me know that people in CA are protesting the results of Prop 8. Not sure if he was watching the news or discussing it in class (most likely the latter). He was concerned that it might turn violent. I think it's pretty cool that both my sons, who are straight, are v.v. upset and concerned about what this will mean for those gay couples in CA who are either already married, or may want to be married in the future. Makes me proud to be a mom.

Thanks for the wallpaper, cindilu2! I love the JBT November one as well.

Work is kicking my ass today. Is it the weekend yet?