#43: Even more beautiful now, inside and out!

ldyjocelyn

Vote for next Thread Title  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next thread title?

• God we have it so bad...yet it feels so good!
    • That man just doesn't have quit in him.
    • Lordy, this guy makes me smile so hard. I love him
    • What boyfriend wants he gets!
    • We think we'll keep him!
    • Resistance is futile and once I heard that voice all was right with the world.
    • He's back. We're back. We're home again.
    • Yes, Clay, we still think you are sex on a stick! Southern Fried Sex on a Stick!
    • God we have it so bad...yet it feels so good!

wanda... I feel sad, too. I was encouraged by the HSers I saw cheering and holding signs saying "No on 8" near my house on Tueday. Someone said that young people more and more don't even see color of skin or orientation as anything more than just another fact, like eye color. This gives me hope for the future. I believe that by the time Parker is grown, it will no longer be such an issue.

luckiest... where did you get the Nov calendar???

Cindilu... your October calendar is on my desktop and I loved it, but November, especially JBT, would be loverly!!! Thanks!!!

liney, the calendars are always here on my yuku page. Glad you like them!!!

Thanks luckiest and FromClaygary - he's dweamy!

How COOL that Broadway.com mentions his appearance like that - he is soooo a part of that community. I *heart* them, and him!

cindilu... I favorited your yuku page so I don't have to bug you every month. Thanks again! Purple is one of my favorite colors, by the way... LOL Course any color is gorgeous when Clay's in it! :cryingwlaughter:

I had my 10 year old granddaughter visiting and she insisted that I have the Clay kissing Parker's forehead as my desktop photo. (She's totally in love with that baby.) She's gone home now so I have to decide between Mr. November JBT and Mr. Greeneyes. Dang, life is never easy! Thanks for the beautiful dilemma, cindilu!

I'm sorry, eHP. Really, truly. Because I confess to forgetting...yes, FORGETTING about our dinner party. It didn't even occur to me until this afternoon that today was the 6th, which meant dinner was last night. There is a bermuda-like triangle in my brain right now, I swear. I mean, at this moment, my parents are scrambling in order to attend the high school football game tonight that I told them was Friday night.

So, please...Pay no attention to the confrazzled woman wearing the "I am a Loser" t-shirt. She's not in her right mind, y'all.

I'm feeing sad about the passage of Proposition 8 since two members of my family--my nephew and Clay--and many friends (incuding Luckiest!) are gay. I take this very personally.

My only comfort is that 8 years ago a similar marriage-is-only-a-man-and-a-woman measure in CA passed with 61% of the vote and this time it passed with 52%. As Clay says, we have to be patient. If the vote came down 9 points in 8 years, and we can get an amendment back on the ballot in 2 years, those supporting gay rights should be in the majority.

I am cautiously hopeful.

A good friend who followed this closely, both as a researcher and a gay activist, said that as disappointed as he was, the good news is that the younger generation (I didn't get an age range, but could) voted against it 2-1, so yeah, so it sounds society will need to wait it out. Unfortunately.

Apparently there's no Clay on ET tonight. :(

However, he looks HAWT in this Broadway TV Channel Ad (the link takes you to CU). The picture's not very clear, because Suz had to film the TV to get it. But he still looks fantastic!

ETA: Here's a clearer, longer version, thanks to Paulette. Most of Clay's parts are at the end, so be patient with the non-Clay Spamalot footage. It just doesn't look right to have someone else play Sir Robin!

Here are the Clay parts from the Broadway Previews Podcast. It's not high quality but at least you can see it.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ey3f9d

wanda... I feel sad, too. I was encouraged by the HSers I saw cheering and holding signs saying "No on 8" near my house on Tueday. Someone said that young people more and more don't even see color of skin or orientation as anything more than just another fact, like eye color. This gives me hope for the future. I believe that by the time Parker is grown, it will no longer be such an issue.

I had a student in Pennsylvania who was hugely popular--in a fraternity, homecoming king, the whole 9 yards. He was my advisee, in multiple classes. I didn't find out he was gay for more than a year, and not because he kept it a secret. It just wasn't a big deal to anybody.

Thanks, anna! I high-tailed it over there.

I'd love a Spamalot DVD, so hopefully he can pursue that idea. There are some logistical issues, but maybe he can figure out a way to overcome them.

Another couple of suggestions are that we take pics of him either in the wedding dress, or in Rick's YMCA outfit. BWAH!!!!!

:cryingwlaughter:

There's no way they can do a DVD - waaay too many people involved for that. And he's talking about this coming week!

So no laryngitis (called that one), no sprained ankle. Ahhh, the power of the message boards. *snort*

I like that some are suggesting that he do something that all the fans can participate in; not just those lucky enough to get to Spamalot...course I have no ideas myself...must put my thinking cap on!

Kim

Hee, some of the suggestions are out there. DVD's of his backstage tour stuff? Personal Meet and Greets for the next tour? I guess if you're gonna dream, dream big, huh? Sometimes I wonder if he really thinks these things through before he types, lol.

He said 'whore'. Heheh.

Honestly - some of the suggestions. And yes, apparently people can even be nasty about something as cool as this. Sheesh.

He knows how to crochet?!!! I haven't even made a complete doily in my life (don't tell my home ec teacher, I somehow came up with one)

How about if he lets us bring a pair of socks (any kind striped, non-striped, halloweeen, christmas), he puts one on and then have a picture taken? That's pretty quick, will let us have a "personalized" item because we can be as creative as we want with the sock, there's touching involved (ok with his foot but how bad is that) and a lasting memento of the occasion that they can slip into a pre-signed sleeve? We get to keep the one he wore and he keeps the other -- so that he could replenish his stash of stripeys & it would be fun to see him wearing a familiar one at some concert in the future. Some of us might even dig up some socks that have shoelaces on them! (And if folks choose not to bring their own, provide some stripeys for them to buy)

Hee, some of the suggestions are out there. DVD's of his backstage tour stuff? Personal Meet and Greets for the next tour? I guess if you're gonna dream, dream big, huh? Sometimes I wonder if he really thinks these things through before he types, lol.

He said 'whore'. Heheh.

Honestly - some of the suggestions. And yes, apparently people can even be nasty about something as cool as this. Sheesh.

I am not sure where you are seeing nasty...a little over the topness by some of the usual suspects, but not nasty that I have seen.

Kim

He said 'whore'. Heheh.

I am not sure where you are seeing nasty...a little over the topness by some of the usual suspects, but not nasty that I have seen.

Kim

Maybe snotty is a better word.

OMG, he is just hilarious! He seems to be loosening up more and more, saying what he wants, cracking me up. Good thing that blog didnt' hit while I was at work because I laughed out loud more than once. They already think I'm crazy, don't need to feed it.

I don't think I'll read too many of the comments....people will probably go overboard, asking for impossible things. I'd like to be able to participate from afar, which is what I wrote. I love my signed poster from the last time.

Oh, never mind. I just saw some of the ideas on that people have -- so how much time does he have to do this thing? 2 hours a night for 2 weeks? We need something that's worth enough per minute so that they can raise something equivalent to what they had for spring...

Need to dream bigger I guess. But not so complex as to be impossible to execute in the amount of time until that thing starts.

ETA: This is still small but some of those stuffed toys now have teeny sound boxes that are customizable (see Build-a-Bear's Build-a-Sound module). How about a killer bunny stuffed toy that'll repeat some of his funnier lines in the show or a custom message? Would be great to take one of those off to bed... Advantages: you don't have to be at Spam to buy one, it'll take him only so much time to record each one, the end product -- a unique, personalized stuffed toy that plays a special message when hugged provides a huge added value -- imagines: "Let's run TO where the grail might be, merrieeee". And regular spam fans would love stuff like "<Insert name> the black knight always triumphs!"

OMG, I love him! :wub: He totally, TOTALLY cracks me up! Cripes, I wish I was made of money! Somehow or other, I'll donate...but I hope he does think of us that are not going to be able to get there (in time).

I think there are a lot of great suggestions, actually~some of them might be tough-ish, but hey, do they necessarily have to be READY before the end of the fundraiser? We could pre-order. :Iluvclaysbutt:

ETA: that 500-character thing at the OFC sucks BIGTIME!....and I always forget about it when I go to respond. 62 tries later.....YES, :lol: I KNOW I talk too much!!

No one brought these over? From CV via getclayaiken:

("mee2u2 at CV")

Hello Clayversity! I haven't been here in awhile. Although cap.com closed down, I thought I'd come and share some pretties with you..hope that's alright.

Pix 1

Pix 2

Pix 3

("mee2u2")

A few more from Spring Awakening:

Pix 4

Pix 5

Pix 6

Pix 7

Pix 8

Pix 9

My brother just installed my new 750GB external hard drive and 2 gigs of memory. My computer is very happy! Lots more room for clack!